criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New game mode confirmed to be exclusive to ONE era, ULTIMATE FAIL.

Prev134
20190212_145921.jpg?width=400&height=289

Is the gamemode going to be enjoyable and have a good ammount of replayability if its limited to 1 era Luke?

giphy.gif

a real shame that my hopes had to be crushed like that, this game mode was my last hope for this game as I truly dislike the large linear repetitive Galatic assault.

before anyone says they'll quickly add maps to it, I have 4 words to say: Ewok Hunt and Extraction (0 maps added for over 6 months)

I guess I bought the wrong game, I was hoping for Star Wars: Battlefront

not Clone Wars: Battlefront

Shame on you DICE, shame on you.

Replies

• The problem is we can be fairly certain if this mode doesn’t launch with more than one era, it’ll be a long time until more are added. They continued snub of the OT and mainly RO would be just more salt in the wound.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • This is just saying that the new reinforcements will be available only on the clone wars maps, not that the new game mode is only on clone wars maps.

It says available in the new game mode but also only in GA Prequel maps. There's, unfortunately, no indication that the game mode will have more than one map/era at its launch.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Our definitions of ultimate fails are slightly different.

What is the name of the new mode?
  • Still stoked for it personally. Sure id love some OT maps for it eventually. Time will tell fellas. Don't lose hope tho
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    This is a huge fail if they keep ignoring the OT and keep content for the Clown Ware

It's not funny when you type "Clown Ware". And Clone Wars era was the most wanted by the community. So, stop crying doge.
  • Coruscant, Utapau, Mustafar, scarif
    Like for 2019!
  • It's going to be only on geonosis is my guess, new reinforcements will be baton troopers
  • Coruscant, Utapau, Mustafar, scarif
    Like for 2019!

Mustafar, Scarif, Jedha, more Bespin, Sullust and Mimban.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • BucksawBoushh
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 16

This has nothing to do with the new mode.
    It says quite clearly that new REINFORCEMENTS are for the CW era, NOT that the new game mode is only for the CW era.
    Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension.

Would they not have mentioned the other interiors had they been planned? I hope I’m wrong but all signs point to a CW only mode.

t6nqx0fjhz59.jpeg

This is a huge fail if they keep ignoring the OT and keep content for the Clown Ware

It's not funny when you type "Clown Ware". And Clone Wars era was the most wanted by the community. So, stop crying doge.

Yes it was and so was is Scarif. I wanted clone wars yes. I love it but... Overkill is over kill. I weather get everything in 1 or 2 months and have 2 month break of nothing and they tell us what era they working on then drip feed for 6 to 7.

It makes the game stale. I want freshness.we all can predict what they don't want us to know.

Ie clone armor was not in the road map. We know we are not getting them in January like we thought. Something that should of been released day one. Like gender choices. Or heroes that should of been ported over or how you going to have clone wars in your game and not have destroyer droids day one. How in the world you going to have ST with no hero of Poe and Stoke? Why no armor choice for imperial stormtroopers? Map era choice should of been day one with 10 maps for the PT and OT and 5 for ST. And no large scale arcade at launch is a slap in the face. Starfighter assault when was the last time it was updated? Oh did you see the new maps for that? Weapons really? 16 limit by class four each. Extraction OMG still only 2 maps. Hunt mode come on 1 map. And everybody can list 4 more easy to add. Tusken hunt jawa hunt wampa hunt gungon hunt droid hunt geonision hunt Jedi hunt. And thats off the top of my head.

So stop hoping for change cause hope won't save you.

Facts. Just be happy with what little we get cause what we want to make this game great will never happen no matter what they get excited for.
  • Smattonellus
    340 posts Member
    edited February 16
    KlownShueS wrote: »

Yes it was and so was is Scarif. I wanted clone wars yes. I love it but... Overkill is over kill. I weather get everything in 1 or 2 months and have 2 month break of nothing and they tell us what era they working on then drip feed for 6 to 7.

It makes the game stale. I want freshness.we all can predict what they don't want us to know.

Ie clone armor was not in the road map. We know we are not getting them in January like we thought. Something that should of been released day one. Like gender choices. Or heroes that should of been ported over or how you going to have clone wars in your game and not have destroyer droids day one. How in the world you going to have ST with no hero of Poe and Stoke? Why no armor choice for imperial stormtroopers? Map era choice should of been day one with 10 maps for the PT and OT and 5 for ST. And no large scale arcade at launch is a slap in the face. Starfighter assault when was the last time it was updated? Oh did you see the new maps for that? Weapons really? 16 limit by class four each. Extraction OMG still only 2 maps. Hunt mode come on 1 map. And everybody can list 4 more easy to add. Tusken hunt jawa hunt wampa hunt gungon hunt droid hunt geonision hunt Jedi hunt. And thats off the top of my head.

So stop hoping for change cause hope won't save you.

Facts. Just be happy with what little we get cause what we want to make this game great will never happen no matter what they get excited for.

Can i ask one thing? Why poe? He's a pilot, where does it makes sense having him on the battlefield? I get there aren't many characters to chose from in ST, but the thing he's good at is piloting, not shooting. Now that I think of it, the same goes for Yoda, I don't recall him ever being on a fighter, which pretty much proves that if Yoda can be a starfighter hero Poet can be a ground one, my bad.
  • Prof_Moriarty
    1231 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Well, if true, then, as so often with this game, a biiig swing and a miss...
  • jordi1337 wrote: »

Is the gamemode going to be enjoyable and have a good ammount of replayability if its limited to 1 era Luke?

giphy.gif

a real shame that my hopes had to be crushed like that, this game mode was my last hope for this game as I truly dislike the large linear repetitive Galatic assault.

before anyone says they'll quickly add maps to it, I have 4 words to say: Ewok Hunt and Extraction (0 maps added for over 6 months)

I guess I bought the wrong game, I was hoping for Star Wars: Battlefront

not Clone Wars: Battlefront

Shame on you DICE, shame on you.

first of all there are no new maps for ewok hunt because the gamemode is dead and not all locations would fit.
    second of all, this game is definitely not clone wars: battlefront considering there are more maps and heroes from the original trilogy. i am quite sure there will be more maps added to the mode in the near future and maybe even new ones.
    dont cry because you didnt get your rogue one content or whatever else you wanted... many people loved clone wars and the fact that there is/was a lack of prequel content just supports the fact that there should be clone wars content.
    im interested what you think about my answer. lets see if u will insult me or just ignore

Searching my threads :D @jordi1337 is a salty little boy. Got a few other threads you can necro with more weak call outs.
  • IronSoldier
    3094 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited February 16
    ***MODERATION WARNING***

Let's not insult others and be demeaning. I have removed several posts.
  • Exactly how many of you ever played Titan mode in Battlefield 2142? I'm guessing not many.

Titan mode requires a large open map like Geonosis. For that reason, it wasn't even on all the Conquest maps in Battlefield 2142. This game is full of narrow, linear Galactic Assault maps most of which have large portions indoors. For OT era, Endor, Mos Eisley, and Yavin 4 are the only maps that could possibly work given some major rework and expansion.

Given the known manpower issues in the support of this game, how do you expect them to ship a bunch of reworked maps with this mode?

Watch the EA Titan Mode training video again and pay attention to the size of the map and scale of what's going on.

• 20190212_145921.jpg?width=400&height=289

This has nothing to do with the new mode.
    It says quite clearly that new REINFORCEMENTS are for the CW era, NOT that the new game mode is only for the CW era.
    Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension.

Would they not have mentioned the other interiors had they been planned? I hope I’m wrong but all signs point to a CW only mode.

t6nqx0fjhz59.jpeg

Now that does it make seem like it will be CW only, but what was referenced in the OP did not. The OP was trying to point to what was said about reinforcements as being confirmation that the new mode is CW-only, which it does not, so my point still stands. Not saying it won't be CW-only, especially given what you've shown here, but what's in the OP is the wrong reference for this assertion.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Exactly how many of you ever played Titan mode in Battlefield 2142? I'm guessing not many.

Titan mode requires a large open map like Geonosis. For that reason, it wasn't even on all the Conquest maps in Battlefield 2142. This game is full of narrow, linear Galactic Assault maps most of which have large portions indoors. For OT era, Endor, Mos Eisley, and Yavin 4 are the only maps that could possibly work given some major rework and expansion.

Given the known manpower issues in the support of this game, how do you expect them to ship a bunch of reworked maps with this mode?

Watch the EA Titan Mode training video again and pay attention to the size of the map and scale of what's going on.

Yep know about it and played it. Also played Carrier Assault in BF4.

Mos Eisley and Hoth are pretty big maps and can have their OB pushed out further. There’s no justifiable excuse. No ones saying a bunch of reworked maps, expectations are so low I’m pretty sure most of us would be fine that is just simply included and that the OT doesn’t get left in the dust in favor of CW yet again.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

• I guess I bought the wrong game, I was hoping for Star Wars: Battlefront.

Most already said this when they shipped these "Battlefront" games without a conquest mode to begin with. Even the PSP games had conquest mode lol
  • It's not a fail if it's fun, also I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be saying anything if the mode only supported the OT
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif

#VocalMinority
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be saying anything if the mode only supported the OT

Wouldn’t have to, clown fans would be losing their minds.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

it's actually incredibly funny
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    I wonder why they want to keep failing with such kind of things.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be saying anything if the mode only supported the OT

this 412940124021X times
    Exactly how many of you ever played Titan mode in Battlefield 2142? I'm guessing not many.

Mos Eisley and Hoth are pretty big maps and can have their OB pushed out further. There’s no justifiable excuse. No ones saying a bunch of reworked maps, expectations are so low I’m pretty sure most of us would be fine that is just simply included and that the OT doesn’t get left in the dust in favor of CW yet again.

Hoth has a large area indoors. The open part of Hoth is maybe half the size of a Battlefield conquest map.

2015 Battlefront was 100% OT era. There's still twice as much OT era content in this game as any other era. I guess they gave you so much content that you have to complain when they finally give PT some attention. Its not a lot of content either, barely a DLC pack worth stretched over 6 months lol.
  • meshugene89
    2863 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Relmets wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »

To people with a juvenile, low-brow sense of humour.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be saying anything if the mode only supported the OT

Ironic the OT fans are losing theirs
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • 😢😢😢 is all I read from OT fans. I think it's time you get a grip.
    CW / PT has so much more to offer imo for battlefields, characters & troop / unit types.
    Also, at least SWBF2 has OT, PT & ST content. SWBF only had OT and no consideration for fans of the other trilogies.
  • The drip of post launch support for this game makes every one of these threads pointless. Every thread arguing over content we all know is likely not coming. Every thread arguing over the Clone wars content.

And what Clone Wars content is that? 4 heroes, 1 new planet with maps for 3 modes, a new game mode, and some skins. Looks like what most games would call a map pack dropped all at once, not spread out over 6 months.

Ironic the OT fans are losing theirs

I personally just want some answers and am sick of the delays and secrecy. Won’t shed a tear or drop a ‘I quit’ deuce here. Promise. ;)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Starwarsfanboosk_com
    758 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Relmets wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »

To people with a juvenile, low-brow sense of humour.

529ae3a9466b8cb6a56109248b7470d4.png?width=394&height=300
    Exactly how many of you ever played Titan mode in Battlefield 2142? I'm guessing not many.

Hoth has a large area indoors. The open part of Hoth is maybe half the size of a Battlefield conquest map.

2015 Battlefront was 100% OT era. There's still twice as much OT era content in this game as any other era. I guess they gave you so much content that you have to complain when they finally give PT some attention. Its not a lot of content either, barely a DLC pack worth stretched over 6 months lol.

Please not this argument again, haven't we went through this 1000 times already? It's not the fact that're focusing on the PT, its the fact they're drip feeding us content for months with content based of ONE SINGLE ERA.

Variety is KEY

And this content would have arrived all at once or at least far quicker had they not screwed up the progression system causing them to delay development of new content.
    The content was likely planned but the slow drip feed wasn't. Fairly certain they planned to release CW content after TLJ, then the mandated Solo content, then more CW to finish it off, then something else after that. It's just that the progression system debacle and losing a ton of staff to BFV left this game with a depleted staff that's still trying to push out the content they originally planned to release last year.
    Could they have released content other than CW during this time? Perhaps, but my feeling is that they're still following the original plan for new content and adding in any other era would cause further delay in what was originally planned.
    My Concepts
  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    This game start with a promise to include ALL ERAS, each era deserve content and i guess it's time for something different.
    giphy.gif
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    This game start with a promise to include ALL ERAS, each era deserve content and i guess it's time for something different.
    giphy.gif

Yeah you are <3
  • meshugene89
    2863 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Alex64 wrote: »

This game does include all eras and they never specifically said anything about what eras would get post-release content, so technically they haven't broken any promises.
    My Concepts