criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New game mode confirmed to be exclusive to ONE era, ULTIMATE FAIL.

Replies

• Piscettios wrote: »
    Exactly how many of you ever played Titan mode in Battlefield 2142? I'm guessing not many.

Titan mode requires a large open map like Geonosis. For that reason, it wasn't even on all the Conquest maps in Battlefield 2142. This game is full of narrow, linear Galactic Assault maps most of which have large portions indoors. For OT era, Endor, Mos Eisley, and Yavin 4 are the only maps that could possibly work given some major rework and expansion.

Given the known manpower issues in the support of this game, how do you expect them to ship a bunch of reworked maps with this mode?

Watch the EA Titan Mode training video again and pay attention to the size of the map and scale of what's going on.

Yep know about it and played it. Also played Carrier Assault in BF4.

Mos Eisley and Hoth are pretty big maps and can have their OB pushed out further. There’s no justifiable excuse. No ones saying a bunch of reworked maps, expectations are so low I’m pretty sure most of us would be fine that is just simply included and that the OT doesn’t get left in the dust in favor of CW yet again.

Hoth has a large area indoors. The open part of Hoth is maybe half the size of a Battlefield conquest map.

2015 Battlefront was 100% OT era. There's still twice as much OT era content in this game as any other era. I guess they gave you so much content that you have to complain when they finally give PT some attention. Its not a lot of content either, barely a DLC pack worth stretched over 6 months lol.

Please not this argument again, haven't we went through this 1000 times already? It's not the fact that're focusing on the PT, its the fact they're drip feeding us content for months with content based of ONE SINGLE ERA.

Variety is KEY

Then don't bring it up like OT era hasn't dominated DICE Battlefront games. All the sudden you want to talk variety? Lol.
    The first 6 months of DLC was all OT era...Jabbas Palace, Kessel, Extraction, Ewok Hunt, Bespin.

They are drip feeding content because they don't have resources to do more. All the DLC up to now is maybe two DLC packs worth spread out over a year lol
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    This game start with a promise to include ALL ERAS, each era deserve content and i guess it's time for something different.
    giphy.gif
    Well it's not like you know about all the content they're making, they could be making Rogue One content behind the scenes
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Exactly how many of you ever played Titan mode in Battlefield 2142? I'm guessing not many.

Titan mode requires a large open map like Geonosis. For that reason, it wasn't even on all the Conquest maps in Battlefield 2142. This game is full of narrow, linear Galactic Assault maps most of which have large portions indoors. For OT era, Endor, Mos Eisley, and Yavin 4 are the only maps that could possibly work given some major rework and expansion.

Given the known manpower issues in the support of this game, how do you expect them to ship a bunch of reworked maps with this mode?

Watch the EA Titan Mode training video again and pay attention to the size of the map and scale of what's going on.

Yep know about it and played it. Also played Carrier Assault in BF4.

Mos Eisley and Hoth are pretty big maps and can have their OB pushed out further. There’s no justifiable excuse. No ones saying a bunch of reworked maps, expectations are so low I’m pretty sure most of us would be fine that is just simply included and that the OT doesn’t get left in the dust in favor of CW yet again.

Hoth has a large area indoors. The open part of Hoth is maybe half the size of a Battlefield conquest map.

2015 Battlefront was 100% OT era. There's still twice as much OT era content in this game as any other era. I guess they gave you so much content that you have to complain when they finally give PT some attention. Its not a lot of content either, barely a DLC pack worth stretched over 6 months lol.

Please not this argument again, haven't we went through this 1000 times already? It's not the fact that're focusing on the PT, its the fact they're drip feeding us content for months with content based of ONE SINGLE ERA.

Variety is KEY

They are drip feeding content because they don't have resources to do more. All the DLC up to now is maybe two DLC packs worth spread out over a year lol

980yjizz61ny.jpg
    They never intended to drip feed it, they're just following the original plan for post-release content at a much slower pace because it's the best they can they do with their depleted staff levels.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
    This game start with a promise to include ALL ERAS, each era deserve content and i guess it's time for something different.
    giphy.gif
    Well it's not like you know about all the content they're making, they could be making Rogue One content behind the scenes

That's another valid theory. At the moment I'm thinking that the drip feed of content is either down to the depleted staff levels and that this is as fast as they can release it, or they're drip feeding to give themselves the time needed to develop lots of content behind the scenes that they can release later at a quicker pace and more concisely.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • They’ve got a skeleton team. This much we can all agree on.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

This game does include all eras and they never specifically said anything about what eras would get post-release content, so technically they haven't broken any promises.

Well you must be agree that we need new content from another eras.
  • Well well well well what a massive disappointment. I'll see how the new mode plays when it drops but I'm thinking this game just isn't meant for people like me anymore. And that flippant, arrogant comment from the metal soldier guy doesn't help matters either.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    This is a huge fail if they keep ignoring the OT and keep content for the Clown Ware

It's not funny when you type "Clown Ware". And Clone Wars era was the most wanted by the community. So, stop crying doge.

it's actually incredibly funny

To people with a juvenile, low-brow sense of humour.

case in point:
    Relmets wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    This is a huge fail if they keep ignoring the OT and keep content for the Clown Ware

It's not funny when you type "Clown Ware". And Clone Wars era was the most wanted by the community. So, stop crying doge.

it's actually incredibly funny

Je7inSO.gif
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif

This game does include all eras and they never specifically said anything about what eras would get post-release content, so technically they haven't broken any promises.

We need a new, better game more than we need new content. This game is on life support and it would be a merciful act to just pull the plug,
    My Concepts

We need a new, better game more than we need new content. This game is on life support and it would be a merciful act to just pull the plug,

And a better publisher for sure.

I'm finding myself agreeing with you

Yes, we need something different instead to receive heroes, that's lazy, where are the weapons, maps, reinforcements, cards?
  • Zirius wrote: »

I know people often scoff at this suggestion, but Ubisoft would be a good choice. They can do gun combat (The Division, R6), they can do sword combat (For Honor), they can do a free post-release content service to great effect (R6: Siege), and they have amazing graphics (Far Cry, AC, The Division). They've also released more games than there have been Star Wars games since EA got the license in 2013 so their game development frequency is better.
    My Concepts

I know people often scoff at this suggestion, but Ubisoft would be a good choice. They can do gun combat (The Division, R6), they can do sword combat (For Honor), they can do a free post-release content service to great effect (R6: Siege), and they have amazing graphics (Far Cry, AC, The Division). They've also released more games than there have been Star Wars games since EA got the license in 2013 so their game development frequency is better.
    SW license should be handed to multiple devs. I don't think Ubisoft can handle the big battles (Battlefront) like how DICE can
  • hsf_
    1540 posts Member
    Zirius wrote: »

Honestly, I don't think any developer could live up to the expectactions of half the starwars fans. Not when it comes to a game like Battlefront anyway, there are just too many different variables.

SW license should be handed to multiple devs. I don't think Ubisoft can handle the big battles (Battlefront) like how DICE can

👌🏻
    Any competition at all would be better for us SW game fans in general, than what we have now. If Ubisoft or any other publishers was fighting for our wallet, you can bet your bottom dollar this game would not be in the state it’s currently in. EA would have been forced to double down on support after the progression mess and we would have seen that dam busted open around the holidays.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • In all fairness, I have to admit I've seen more want for Clone Wars content than any other era. With the fact that DICE is recieving pretty much no revenue anymore, it makes sense they'd only focus on precisely what the majority are demanding.

Although it is extremely improper and un-unified to do it this way.
    PRIORITY LISTS
    HEROES:
    Commander Cody - the Empire has Iden, the First Order has Phasma. Give us a soldier-based hero for the Republic!
    GA MAPS
    Utapau
    Mygeeto
  • In all fairness, I have to admit I've seen more want for Clone Wars content than any other era. .

Really not sure where you've been looking. Just look at the top 20 threads in this forum.
  • In all fairness, I have to admit I've seen more want for Clone Wars content than any other era. .

Really not sure where you've been looking. Just look at the top 20 threads in this forum.

Reddit is all about PT content tbh.
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member

Dice has been unwilling to make anything to a big battle scale so far.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I enjoy all three eras of the Star Wars galaxy. I'd love to see each and every mode in this game include all three eras.
  • The entire game is a failure

Not saying they should get exclusive rights to all Star Wars games but that they could do a serviceable job with the Battlefront franchise. They have many games in their portfolio that have adaptable aspects for such a game; sword combat from For Honour and AC, gun combat from The Division, RG, and Far Cry, highly-detailed large-scale maps from pretty much every game they make, vehicle combat from The Crew, and a good free post-release content model from R6: Siege. Probably would be few things they'd have to do that are different from their usual games, but I feel they've got the capabilities to do a decent Battlefront game.
    My Concepts
  • Fail l indeed. More content neither I or my friends can can enjoy. Sounds like fun.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Dice has been unwilling to make anything to a big battle scale so far.
    You forget Heroes Unleashed?
  • TjPunx wrote: »

Sure it is. More Clown, more Clowns!
  • It's not a fail if it's fun, also I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be saying anything if the mode only supported the OT

Who cares if it's fun od its the prequels. LOL.
  • In all fairness, I have to admit I've seen more want for Clone Wars content than any other era. With the fact that DICE is recieving pretty much no revenue anymore, it makes sense they'd only focus on precisely what the majority are demanding.

Although it is extremely improper and un-unified to do it this way.

That's because the PT/CW era was the most underrepresented era in the game after the release of the TLJ content. Key characters and locations from that era were missing which is why DICE's first priority after TLJ was supposed to be PT/CW content but instead they had to fix the progression system and then they had to work on the mandated Solo content which pushed it back even more.
    What we've seen so far isn't so much content that was demanded but content that was necessary (Geonosis, AT-TEs, clone skins, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous, Dooku), but a depleted staff has led to this necessary content being produced at a much slower rate and has resulted in a fatigue in many players that otherwise wouldn't have happened had it been released in one or two parts.
    So the focus on PT/CW content isn't to do with revenue but simply about which era needed the content first. However, the slow, months-long drip feed of content is the result of a depleted work force and wasn't part of the plan.
    My Concepts
  • My question to the people complaining about it being 1 era only on release: Did you personally complain when DICE released Battlefront (2015), a whole game, with only 1 era? If you didn't complain about Battlefront (2015) being 1 era only, then you're being a hypocrite by complaining now just because your favorite era won't be present on the new mode. If you did complain about Battlefront (2015) being 1 era only like I did, then feel free to carry on.

Personally, I was only expecting 1 era for the new mode since it is clear that the DLC team is understaffed, in order to do OT and ST they'd have to make ship interiors for Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari cruisers, as well as make all new troop transport ships for Empire, Rebels, First Order, and Rebels, since none of those eras have a troop transport already in game like the LAAT for the Republic. It's just too much to expect of a DLC team that is probably 20 people tops, quite possibly less, when some of those devs are responsible for heroes and skins and have nothing to do with making maps and environments and ships.
  • Raices wrote: »
    In all fairness, I have to admit I've seen more want for Clone Wars content than any other era. .

Reddit has no skin in this game. Members of the forum, you, me and this community do.
    I want to see and play the mode with no name as I want some new content that actually impacts this games replay value. The more maps this game has, across all modes, then chances are it'll stay in the XB1. If it is just more broken heroes, modes with 1 or 2 maps only, just clone skins and emote wheels... then I'll JPC this game and move on.
    Quite frankly I've become indifferent to the constant adjust my hero, nerf this and my era is better than your era threads. Just provide new/ported maps, new/ported blasters, bug fixes, items that actually impact game play, in a timely manner and I'm good. Not seeing that.
    How many threads on Reddit were requesting an emote wheel? Yeah, never mind.
  • If I were you guys I’d be happy to even have an era to play the new game mode😆
  • WarfareKiller41
    6182 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Cadoth wrote: »
    If I were you guys I’d be happy to even have an era to play the new game mode😆
    But clowns ruin game:((((
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    But clowns ruin game :((((((

Yeah whatever, I don’t really care about the choice of the era, if the map will suit well the game mode I’ll be completely fine with it.
    I’m sorry for you though
  • My question to the people complaining about it being 1 era only on release: Did you personally complain when DICE released Battlefront (2015), a whole game, with only 1 era? If you didn't complain about Battlefront (2015) being 1 era only, then you're being a hypocrite by complaining now just because your favorite era won't be present on the new mode. If you did complain about Battlefront (2015) being 1 era only like I did, then feel free to carry on.

Personally, I was only expecting 1 era for the new mode since it is clear that the DLC team is understaffed, in order to do OT and ST they'd have to make ship interiors for Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari cruisers, as well as make all new troop transport ships for Empire, Rebels, First Order, and Rebels, since none of those eras have a troop transport already in game like the LAAT for the Republic. It's just too much to expect of a DLC team that is probably 20 people tops, quite possibly less, when some of those devs are responsible for heroes and skins and have nothing to do with making maps and environments and ships.

The answer to that question is probably 'yes'. A lot of people complained, including myself, because it seemed like such a limited amount of content (which it was) but then I ended up thoroughly enjoying it as did many others. But these two situations aren't really the same though and not complaining about BF2015 only being one era doesn't make you a hypocrite for complaining now.
    The perception for a lot of people is that the PT/CW era has been focussed on too much recently and whilst that is true because it's being going on for a long time, it's still, in many ways, a minimal amount of content that's been included for this era compared to how much the other eras had at launch plus was was added to them post-release. The amount of content that's been released for the PT/CW could've been released in a much more condensed way had their post-launch plans gone unimpeded, but as it is we have a slow drip feed of content form one era that seems worse than it actually is in terms of the amount we've actually been given.
    As for the new mode potentially only having one map from one era, this shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone given what we saw with Jetpack Cargo and to some extent the Hunt mode being just one map and only based on Ewoks, as well as what we know of the depleted workforce and slow content production. To have expected more than one map or captital ship interiors from 2 or more eras was far too optimistic, but because the map is looking to be PT-based this makes it so much worse for many people due to the current fatigue.
    My Concepts
  • Raices wrote: »
    In all fairness, I have to admit I've seen more want for Clone Wars content than any other era. .

Reddit has no skin in this game. Members of the forum, you, me and this community do.

Pretty sure neither community has a huge say in this game. Seems like they listen more to Gamechangers than anyone else.
    My Concepts
  • TjPunx
    1122 posts Member
    edited February 17
    They should just make a game with maps/characters from OT, and then a game for the kids/noobs (newer SW fans, first SW experience in a theater)with CW/Rebels content

Yeah whatever, I don’t really care about the choice of the era, if the map will suit well the game mode I’ll be completely fine with it.
    I’m sorry for you though
    That was sarcasm, just mocking people who are offended by their favorite era not being in the new mode :D

I’m sorry for you though

Thing is that the PT/CW era is probably the more appropriate to showcase ship-to-ship boarding because from what we've seen in the canon it happened a lot more often than in the other eras and both sides did it at a similar level.
    My Concepts

I’m sorry for you though

Thing is that the PT/CW era is probably the more appropriate to showcase ship-to-ship boarding because from what we've seen in the canon it happened a lot more often than in the other eras and both sides did it at a similar level.

maybe, although i dont really see how Vulture Droids boarding ships makes sense.

But at the end of the day you cant beat the classic Rebels v Empire starfighter battles. OT factions have better and more recognizable ships for that kind of stuff.

Even as a pt fan with the OG battlefront 2, I mainly played OT space battles than PT ones
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    They should just make a game with maps/characters from OT, and then a game for the kids/noobs (newer SW fans, first SW experience in a theater)with CW/Rebels content

They had that OT-only game, it was Battlefront 2015. Plus, and I can't stress this enough, the generation who are fans of the CW aren't kids, they're in their 20s now, so this notion that only kids like CW is redundant because it's actually grown adults who have nostalgia for something they grew up with just like we all have nostalgia for the Star Wars films and anything else we grew up with during out childhood and teenage years.
    My Concepts

8ln8evyewvdg.jpeg

Didn’t complain, absolutely does not make me or anyone else a hypocrite for not complaining about content I didn’t care for.

Many people did complain though, incessantly, and the manner in which it was done was also pretty bad compared to now. This was after they said PT wasn’t going to happen if I remember right. So not the same at all.

This game sold around 9 million copies in its first 3 months and more since. It also rides under the EA banner, so I’m not really feeling any of these pretend excuses you presented for them here. Progression fiasco or not.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Your OT elitism is showing. There are plenty of people like myself who grew up watching the OT who still found the PT enjoyable. It's simply not an either-or situation. Liking the OT does not mean you can't also like the PT, and vice-versa. Era elitists are probably the biggest problem with Star Wars, and they are ultimately what caused George Lucas to get so fed up with the fanbase that he was willing to sell the IP to DIsney when they offered him a huge chunk of cash.

"Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" George Lucas, 2012
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

I’m sorry for you though

maybe, although i dont really see how Vulture Droids boarding ships makes sense.

But at the end of the day you cant beat the classic Rebels v Empire starfighter battles. OT factions have better and more recognizable ships for that kind of stuff.

Even as a pt fan with the OG battlefront 2, I mainly played OT space battles than PT ones

They didn't, Droch-class boarding ships did. They were designed for shock-and-awe tactics; take down the enemy ship's shields then fire the pods into the hull and deploy droids at various points throughout the ship. The Separatists also had the Sheathipede-class transport shuttle for landing in the docking bay of the enemy ship, as well as the Maxillipede shuttle. Conversely, the Republic had both the LAAT and the Nu-class attack shuttle for landing large squadrons in the docking bays of the enemy capital ships.
    Both the OT and the PT have iconic space battles from the movies, Death Stars 1 & 2 and Naboo & Coruscant respectively, and whilst the OT ships would be more recognisable to the wider, mainstream audience, the die-hard Star Wars fans will recognise both and that's pretty much the core base of this game.
    My Concepts
    My question to the people complaining about it being 1 era only on release: Did you personally complain when DICE released Battlefront (2015), a whole game, with only 1 era? If you didn't complain about Battlefront (2015) being 1 era only, then you're being a hypocrite by complaining now just because your favorite era won't be present on the new mode. If you did complain about Battlefront (2015) being 1 era only like I did, then feel free to carry on.

This game sold around 9 million copies in its first 3 months and more since. It also rides under the EA banner, so I’m not really feeling any of these pretend excuses you presented for them here. Progression fiasco or not.

Which was down by about 4 million from what BF2015 sold because of the progression fiasco and because BF2015 soured a lot of people on a sequel game in general. Plus BFII missed its sales target by 1 million so it performed worse in two metrics.
    My Concepts
  • 2000sGuy
    5834 posts Member
    edited February 17
    2000sGuy wrote: »

I’m sorry for you though

They didn't, Droch-class boarding ships did. They were designed for shock-and-awe tactics; take down the enemy ship's shields then fire the pods into the hull and deploy droids at various points throughout the ship. The Separatists also had the Sheathipede-class transport shuttle for landing in the docking bay of the enemy ship, as well as the Maxillipede shuttle. Conversely, the Republic had both the LAAT and the Nu-class attack shuttle for landing large squadrons in the docking bays of the enemy capital ships.
    Both the OT and the PT have iconic space battles from the movies, Death Stars 1 & 2 and Naboo & Coruscant respectively, and whilst the OT ships would be more recognisable to the wider, mainstream audience, the die-hard Star Wars fans will recognise both and that's pretty much the core base of this game.

I presume that this mode is going to be somewhat similar to the bf20005 version of capital ship battles. That first thing cant really be piloted by a player or used in an interesting gameplay mechanic besides a spawn point. I could be wrong as we are yet to see what this looks like but im just going based off what we have seen previously
    While the cis does have shuttles they dont really starships that droids can pilot if they go with the hanger idea.
    And honestly playing as a vulture droid or trifighter isnt that interesting, at least for me
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • This is just saying that the new reinforcements will be available only on the clone wars maps, not that the new game mode is only on clone wars maps.

It says available in the new game mode but also only in GA Prequel maps. There's, unfortunately, no indication that the game mode will have more than one map/era at its launch.

The new game mode on the road map mentions a dreadnought and class destroyers, so no it isn't just one era. Move along.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/roadmap
  • ZephanUnbound
    964 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Piscettios wrote: »
    My question to the people complaining about it being 1 era only on release: Did you personally complain when DICE released Battlefront (2015), a whole game, with only 1 era? If you didn't complain about Battlefront (2015) being 1 era only, then you're being a hypocrite by complaining now just because your favorite era won't be present on the new mode. If you did complain about Battlefront (2015) being 1 era only like I did, then feel free to carry on.

8ln8evyewvdg.jpeg

Didn’t complain, absolutely does not make me or anyone else a hypocrite for not complaining about content I didn’t care for.

Many people did complain though, incessantly, and the manner in which it was done was also pretty bad compared to now. This was after they said PT wasn’t going to happen if I remember right. So not the same at all.

How exactly is it a pretend excuse? Just a few days ago F8RGE basically confirmed the long held belief that the DLC team is understaffed by saying that the reason why several things haven't happened, such as new weapons, was because the team had to prioritize other content. If the DLC team was a decent size, like Battlefront 2015's DLC team was, it wouldn't be an either-or situation, the team would have enough staff to make new weapons, maps, star cards, and heroes all at once.

The simple fact of the matter is that DICE decided their team could only pull off one era, so they chose PT since the release of the new mode was originally supposed to coincide with the release of Geonosis, before the delay. The fact that there have been steady chants for more PT content ever since release, especially on the Battlefront 2 Reddit, where DICE's devs are more active than on these forums, likely played into that decision as well. The simple fact is, in order to do other eras they would need to make new assets for them, they have partial interiors for the MC-80 Mon Calamari cruiser, Imperial-II class Star Destroyer, and Resurgent Class Star Destroyer from the campaign, but they would need to complete those interiors and make an interior for the MC-85 Mon Calamari Cruiser for the Resistance. They have the U-Wing in the multiplayer already as a troop transport for the Rebels, but they have no troop transport for the Empire, First Order, or Resistance, so they'd have to make those. It is just too much to expect on release of the new mode for an understaffed team. We may well get other Eras for the mode later in the year at least.

Yes, the game sold very well, 9m between it's release in mid November and the end of December 2017, but this is EA we're talking about, once named the worst company in the world multiple years in a row. As soon as the lootbox controversy happened and they were forced to remove them, almost all of Battlefront 2's ability to make money post release vanished along with them, because skins just don't sell as well as lootboxes do, the randomized nature of lootboxes forces people to buy them over and over until they get the item they want unless you just get lucky, you just don't make as much money selling those items directly. It's pretty clear that as soon the lootboxes were removed DICE pulled most of the DLC team off of Battlefront 2 and put them on either Battlefield V or Battlefront 3 (if Battlefront 3 is already in development), because we've been getting a drip feed of new content ever since the progression update nearly a year ago. Does it suck? Absolutely, I agree with you on that. I'm not making excuses for EA, I think what they have done to Battlefront 2's DLC plans was awful, I'm just explaining the likely reason why we are only getting 1 era on release.