criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Community Transmission: Progress Update on New Mode + Emote Wheel

Replies

• I honestly am glad to hear this. I prefer the release to be with as few bugs as possible. This game has way too many bugs right now.

I for one welcome the attempt at a higher quality release. Please make sure that is the case guys. Also would love to see a focus on the other critical bugs in this game.

Thanks

DarthClippy

• Did someone say the new mode would be pushed back to March?
  • willywonka7
    1595 posts Member
    edited February 12
    The two new reinforcements are probably going to be Ewoks and Arc Troopers/Pilots (Non-Prequel Era).

They have already talked about giving us ewoks to be playable on Endor at some point. Also there is a lot of information in the files(AND DATAMINING) too suggest that it will probably be a Pilot/Arc Trooper class.

• jo_achim747
    646 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Not that I want to be even more negative than in my recent posts: but why create an emote wheel and then say on twitter, that it is due to available time of the ui part of the team, when there are still soooooo many ui related bugs and things that could be enhanced in general... like the after round show of the top 5 players, always overlapping heroes and characters.

The menu background is simply boring and you can not see the full characters in collection view. Why not zoom the camera a little bit out and set the background to a more appealing, interesting environment. You have the ship background initially there, why not utilize it properly again...

Edit: ... and why then develop an emote wheel that literally just again covers the screen (although just for a very short period of time) which will most likely result in backlash again instead of in positive and appreciated feedback... you guys are taking so many risks for no reason
  • In case you missed it:

We have new reinforcements coming. However, neither of them are the Droideka. I know a known "poster" commented over the weekend, but what was said is not accurate. I'm sorry that your hopes probably got up really high for this, but it's not true. It really sucks that we couldn't say the reinforcements were coming first, either. However, the reinforcements that are coming are super wicked and I'm excited for you to see them.

Hey I'm wondering now are they going to be sequal era reinforcements, prequal era or original trilogy, if it is prequal I'm kind of hoping for Magna gaurds and arc troopers
  • Thanks for the info, @EA_Charlemagne. Out of interested, will you and @F8RGE being sharing the workload of this website, or are you taking over?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Can EA please add the option to switch triggers and bumpers on the Xbox One version of Battlefront 2?

For example: left bumper to left trigger, left trigger to left bumper, right bumper to right trigger, right trigger to right bumper.

PLEASE add this option or an option to make custom control settings like Battlefield V has!!!!!!!!!

For the time being you can go into xbox settings, kinect and devices, devices and accessories, and from there you can make controller profiles so make one for star wars and you can map the controls, making a profile is easier so you can switch between them. Until maybe ea allow custom profiles
    Ayy Lmao 🐱‍👤
  • EA at EA play last year for content

tumblr_n9w9qkJBZp1ru8yv8o2_250.gif

EA Now
    200w.webp

Sigh. I guess everyone is used to it by now.

• In case you missed it:

We have new reinforcements coming. However, neither of them are the Droideka. I know a known "poster" commented over the weekend, but what was said is not accurate. I'm sorry that your hopes probably got up really high for this, but it's not true. It really sucks that we couldn't say the reinforcements were coming first, either. However, the reinforcements that are coming are super wicked and I'm excited for you to see them.

I hate to say it, but I don't see what could be more "wicked" than a droideka. (A Droideka would've been fairly unique to the game, rather than what I expect will simply be two new foot-soldiers with different abilities.) Still, I am eager to see the new additions, and am curious as to a few of the particulars. Although I don't expect you to answer them, I'll just sorta share them anyway.
    1. Are they two new classes of reinforcement, like the Aerial and Enforcer, or two new variants/vehicles, such as how the two new speeders on Geonosis are still the "speeder" class?
    2. Will they be exclusive to the new mode, or will they be present in GA as well?
    3. And of course, what are they?

I have to say, I'm certainly hoping the answer to question one would be the former (which would mean that "two new reinforcements" would mean two new types, with each faction having their own variant of those two types). That would also allow question two to be a possibility.

Magna Guards?
  • On the updated Roadmap it says that the new reinforcement is clone wars only and available in the new game mode and galactic assault. The lightsaber rework is also listed for March.
  • Cadoth
    1136 posts Member
    GreenMarc wrote: »
    On the updated Roadmap it says that the new reinforcement is clone wars only and available in the new game mode and galactic assault. The lightsaber rework is also listed for March.

Glad to hear that
  • Just wanted to say, sure there are some things we would like, hell there's always more. But overall, thanks. Having a great time, looking forward to the new stuff with a lot of faith. You guys are fans as well, I know you're as excited as us to make the things we want to see.
  • Well, we've waited this long, what's another month. Hopefully they will upgrade the wheel to be useful for the new game mode, like the original BF's did.
  • So it's been delayed for a 3rd time? God I hope EA goes under. Anthem and Apex saved you this time.
  • The commo rose would be very useful if at the same time dev team release emotes like 'cover me', or 'defend this spot', or ' attack that objective' or something like that to communicate with the squad and other team mates, if NO TEAM CHAT, then COMBAT EMOTES, right?
  • That’s the transmission? Oh wow......(lol)..... It’s like a slap after a slap....lol....no new mode and the droidekas won’t be included....wow. Swanny is gonna be *****.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • This game mode, will it be aviable in arcade, or it is only for online play?
  • Seiph wrote: »
    This game mode, will it be aviable in arcade, or it is only for online play?

Only for online play, at least when it releases and from what has been stated by the community managers. They have not been working on Arcade actively and shiftet the resources of the team to the new mode (as far as we know)
  • I see, so there is no motive left to keep playing this game. Money wasted, I guess.
  • jo_achim747
    646 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Seiph wrote: »
    I see, so there is no motive left to keep playing this game. Money wasted, I guess.

Well, if you have played it til now without large scale offline, why is it a waste of money? Most likely the big offline mode will come sometime, but with all this secrecy by dice and ea (for whatever reason though, still do not see the point there) simply no one knows when
  • I'll take a month delay on new content over what I'd feared the outcome to be...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/tech/activision-blizzard-earnings-layoffs/index.html
  • Billkwando
    1926 posts Member
    edited February 13
    ws5p1kqcofac.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

To start things off, we wanted to talk a little about the upcoming, non-linear game mode since it’s been such a popular topic in the community.

Development is progressing well, but we wanted to let you know that we’ve made the very tough decision to move the release of the new game mode into March. At the core of this choice is our desire to keep the quality of this mode high.

It’s always disappointing when we have to move things around, not just for you but for ourselves as well. We’re incredibly eager to see the new game mode hit our live servers, but we also want to ensure that when it launches it’s the best state it can be.

However, this extra time is also allowing us to create two brand new reinforcements which we want to launch alongside the mode! You can expect full Community Transmissions detailing everything about the new mode as we get closer to its release, as well as a Community Update video that shows it off.

February is shaping up to be a great month with the release of Anakin Skywalker, the 501st Clones, Coruscant Guard and the Clone Trooper rework. We’ll be back information on all of those very shortly.

ltipddqj3xc0.jpg

EMOTE WHEEL

A long time ago in a Transmission far, far away. . . .we talked a little bit about our plans to include an Emote Wheel into Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II.

Emotes have always been a fun addition to the game and we’ve all seen how much you enjoy “Hello There”. The Emote Wheel will allow you to equip all the emotes that are currently in the game, the ones that you’ve currently got equipped onto your Troopers and Heroes. Whereas currently, you can only have two emotes selected, with the new Emote Wheel you’ll be able to select up to 8.

70345i1ngd5h.png
    An early Work in Progress look at the Emote Wheel in action

The Emote Wheel is due to arrive within The Chosen One update which is set for February 27.

Charlemagne, signing off.

Wow, what a disappointment. I thought the emote wheel was supposed to have practical squad based messages to help us coordinate our teams, not just an ugly menu to pop up with junk we already had, which is a annoying for folks who make videos and love emoting (at least the few that I like). I often struggle to pick the 2 least bad emotes, so now I can have the whole range of dumb emotes I never wanted to use in the first place. Talking about heroes here. Troops have lots of good ones to choose from.

With Ace Combat 7 out, it's been hard to pull myself away and come back to this game, which I still love, but you guys aren't making it any easier with all this drip-feed "nontent" you're barely ever putting out, delayed.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Woooooooo Hoooooooo! Cnat wait
    -BlackShadow2804
  • I too am disappointed by the emote wheel hopefully it changes, as for the new mode being delayed, we've waited this long, what's another month right? When did we first get the announcement for the game mode, last summer? At this point I can't give any energy to that announcement positive or negative. It's been delayed out so far, people I knew have actually died. When we get it, we get it.
  • Are you actually going to fix any of the bugs that are all over this game right now

Including ones that you claim were fixed which they are NOT

Luke’s & Yodas push, and Mauls throw

But well done on the emote wheel, I remember all the threads on here asking for that...!NOT

• Icedragon7897
    1964 posts Member
    edited February 14
    When the already drip fed content is delayed

xy0n9zag5bkx.jpeg
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Poste all the roadmaps you wish EA.. Your game is not good enough. It takes too long for you to do anything and when you finnally do something it is like either dont know about your subject or you simply dont care enough.. just look at your sad version of the Clone Troopers.
    This may be called STAR WARS, it may look it.. but it most certainly do not feel it. And why the heck does it always revolve around multiplayer.. what ever happen to playing a single player game with a great plot line. The single player part BF2 stink and even your boring story leading up the really bad sequels was not good.
    Look I really hope you loose the right to make "Star Wars" games. This franchise deserves better than you EA. :neutral:
  • When the already drip fed content is delayed

xy0n9zag5bkx.jpeg

EA's response....
    cfbf024w116o.png
  • When the already drip fed content is delayed

xy0n9zag5bkx.jpeg

EA's response....
    cfbf024w116o.png

More like dice’s response.
  • RC2074 wrote: »
    Poste all the roadmaps you wish EA.. Your game is not good enough. It takes too long for you to do anything and when you finnally do something it is like either dont know about your subject or you simply dont care enough.. just look at your sad version of the Clone Troopers.
    This may be called STAR WARS, it may look it.. but it most certainly do not feel it. And why the heck does it always revolve around multiplayer.. what ever happen to playing a single player game with a great plot line. The single player part BF2 stink and even your boring story leading up the really bad sequels was not good.
    Look I really hope you loose the right to make "Star Wars" games. This franchise deserves better than you EA. :neutral:

Couldn't agree more. I'm not someone who spends 24 hours a day playing these games. I play it because I love Star Wars. I admit - I suck at FPS; but with this i'm okay in Arcade mode - but against more experienced players - it'll go round after round dying almost as soon as I'm spawned. Because I have to play multiplayer to unlock everything; i play extraction the most because of the lesser players. Wish there were more maps and so forth.

Call this a lack of experience - but if they are going to make multiplayer the main goal - can't they group players based on similar skill levels? Let the expert more skilled players play together and the players that like to go "pew pew" play together?
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    ws5p1kqcofac.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

To start things off, we wanted to talk a little about the upcoming, non-linear game mode since it’s been such a popular topic in the community.

Development is progressing well, but we wanted to let you know that we’ve made the very tough decision to move the release of the new game mode into March. At the core of this choice is our desire to keep the quality of this mode high.

It’s always disappointing when we have to move things around, not just for you but for ourselves as well. We’re incredibly eager to see the new game mode hit our live servers, but we also want to ensure that when it launches it’s the best state it can be.

However, this extra time is also allowing us to create two brand new reinforcements which we want to launch alongside the mode! You can expect full Community Transmissions detailing everything about the new mode as we get closer to its release, as well as a Community Update video that shows it off.

February is shaping up to be a great month with the release of Anakin Skywalker, the 501st Clones, Coruscant Guard and the Clone Trooper rework. We’ll be back information on all of those very shortly.

ltipddqj3xc0.jpg

EMOTE WHEEL

A long time ago in a Transmission far, far away. . . .we talked a little bit about our plans to include an Emote Wheel into Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II.

Emotes have always been a fun addition to the game and we’ve all seen how much you enjoy “Hello There”. The Emote Wheel will allow you to equip all the emotes that are currently in the game, the ones that you’ve currently got equipped onto your Troopers and Heroes. Whereas currently, you can only have two emotes selected, with the new Emote Wheel you’ll be able to select up to 8.

70345i1ngd5h.png

The Emote Wheel is due to arrive within The Chosen One update which is set for February 27.

Wow, what a disappointment. I thought the emote wheel was supposed to have practical squad based messages to help us coordinate our teams, not just an ugly menu to pop up with junk we already had, which is a annoying for folks who make videos and love emoting (at least the few that I like). I often struggle to pick the 2 least bad emotes, so now I can have the whole range of dumb emotes I never wanted to use in the first place. Talking about heroes here. Troops have lots of good ones to choose from.

With Ace Combat 7 out, it's been hard to pull myself away and come back to this game, which I still love, but you guys aren't making it any easier with all this drip-feed "nontent" you're barely ever putting out, delayed.

Agreed. What about "cover me", "attack here" etc... ???? Those emotes are pointless.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    ws5p1kqcofac.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ltipddqj3xc0.jpg

EMOTE WHEEL

70345i1ngd5h.png

Another thing too.... Unfortunately this is what happens when you have too many casual gamers playing. Dumb emotes like the Tusken Raider are for casual gamers who just like to make "funny" motions for no real reason.. Player coordination emotes such as "cover me" are for competitive gamers, and I've seen how many casuals are on here that knocked my earlier posts for being too competitive.. Well, this is what we get!

The developers are once again catering to casual gaming by adding stuff such as this emote wheel, that will get old and devalued in a week. The only features that retain value are ones that actually serve a purpose in gameplay. The ones you NEED.
  • Pretty sure the emote wheel they've shown us is just an early prototype to give us annidea and the actual emotes shown are nothing like those we will end up with.
  • Pretty sure the emote wheel they've shown us is just an early prototype to give us annidea and the actual emotes shown are nothing like those we will end up with.

Most likely the more advanced emote wheel is not approved to be revealed yet...

jk, to be honest: in case I am remembering right, they said they would divide this feature into an emote wheel and would expand on this with a tactical wheel. So in case my memories are right here, we will most likely see the emote wheel, as the name suggests, as emote only wheel, which will be expanded in march or later with more "tactical" stuff. Although I have to admit, that BF 2017 is not such a tactical thing right now... maybe this changes a bit with the new mode, when players can set at least the command points as targets, but something like "Medic!" and "I need cover!" does not necessarily have a great influence on the game play mechanics.. at least from my point of view
  • RC2074 wrote: »

Better than EA, and AGAIN DICE. (I’m not screaming).
  • willywonka7
    1595 posts Member
    edited February 18
    Pretty sure the emote wheel they've shown us is just an early prototype to give us annidea and the actual emotes shown are nothing like those we will end up with.

.....uh what?

The emote wheel is just to allow us to use multiple emotes that we already have unlocked. Right now you can only use two emotes at one time and you have to have them preselected. If you go look through the list of emotes you will see that these 8 emotes are in the complete list. They are still going to allow you to select the 8 emotes, like we select the 2 emotes right now. You're just going to have 6 more that you can use in game rather than the 2 you had before. It might also allow you to give commands to your nearby teammates because Dice said that they might add this too. THe hope is that the "tactical emotes" will allow you to coordinate with your teammates more(if they are listening).....without using a mic because Disney and EA don't want people getting upset about bad language and problems that come with people using mic chat in game to communicate with each other.
  • Hammer_down99
    788 posts Member
    edited February 18
    Who are theses people that enjoy emotes, besides me? every time I beat someone in HvV and emote them they Rage quit or single me out the rest of the game. There are even the SJW's on your own team that quit if you emote the other team? people are too sensitive to be emoted... So give us more emotes please!
  • 1) DICE/EA never read or care about what the fans want.
    2) They are sticking to the pathetic drip schedule they have always stuck to.
    3) They only look at the stat logs of the forums not read what is being posted.
    4) The fact that they are wasting time on an emote wheel that NO ONE wanted or cares about only demonstrates how pathetic they are.
    5) They PROMISED more weapons...ZERO added.
    6) Large scale game mode now postponed TWICE and will continued to be postponed indefinitely.
    7) Lame game modes that no one plays. GA and HvV are the only active modes.
    8) They make lame excuse about how porting a map from BF2015 takes as long as making a new map. Notice that they released 2 new maps and 2 ported maps. They have no intention of making new maps so it only makes sense to release ALL BF2015 maps.
  • ws5p1kqcofac.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ltipddqj3xc0.jpg

EMOTE WHEEL

70345i1ngd5h.png

• Hi makers of the great and awsome game Battlefront 2. I have a wish.
    To all of us that cant pay for Playstation Plus or Xbox Gold.

1. Make more realistic AI in Arcade.
    2. Make AI heroes and villains in Arcade.
    3. More maps in Arcade.
    4. And at last... Be able to use veichels in Arcade

And i wonder is the New Game Mode only for online players???
  • 1) DICE/EA never read or care about what the fans want.
    2) They are sticking to the pathetic drip schedule they have always stuck to.
    3) They only look at the stat logs of the forums not read what is being posted.
    4) The fact that they are wasting time on an emote wheel that NO ONE wanted or cares about only demonstrates how pathetic they are.
    5) They PROMISED more weapons...ZERO added.
    6) Large scale game mode now postponed TWICE and will continued to be postponed indefinitely.
    7) Lame game modes that no one plays. GA and HvV are the only active modes.
    8) They make lame excuse about how porting a map from BF2015 takes as long as making a new map. Notice that they released 2 new maps and 2 ported maps. They have no intention of making new maps so it only makes sense to release ALL BF2015 maps.

I’m still wondering why Cargo, DropZone, HeroHunt, Supremacy/WA, and DroidRun was replaced by JP-cargo,GA, freakin Ewok Hunt, really, Ewok hunt, just wow. A 2nd tier version of extraction thats just ok mainly due to having only 2 maps. We keep getting things no one ask for or wants it seems.

I fully understand SW can be an extremely toxic community that ask for unreasonable things like Salacious Crumb form ROTJ as a playable villain. But come on, cargo/dz and private’s do make a little more sense imo. I think many now would rather have things like maps, weapons, better small modes, and of course private matches, being at the top of the list imo.
  • Yoda said patience! Guess there are not so many sw fans in this community, just a bunch of little kids that feel entitled to free updates. (This comments is about rude and complaining people that know nothing about fixes, applying of those to existing and stuff being worked on and playtesting).
  • jonci
    1071 posts Member
    Emote wheel, another thing that probably will not be able to be turned off, same as the thing that cant be mentioned, that moves you from full game to empty lobbies.
    Any way i see the 2 reinforcements were leaked inaccurately, when everyone knows its a 2 in 1 that can be used on either team, (their way of saving money and time developing it), here's a picture.
    rdaglfv9mlrw.jpg.....
    :D
  • Guys you should play apex legends. Fun game that is free and BALANCE
  • Way off topic, but does anyone remember star-killer from "The Forced Unleashed" I know he's not canon but still, him running around the map with his quick, aggressive light saber style, and lightning powers... That would be my dark side hero. (unless Cad-Bane became a villain)
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
  • Now I know Star Wars isn't a bloody, violent series, however a dismembering feature would be cool. I wouldn't do this for heroes or villains, but if my Darth Maul spin attacks through a rebel squad, it would be awesome to see more than them just falling to the ground. Now I know this may sound a bit graphic but if anyone has played "Forced Unleashed 2" (fun but too short of a game) you could remember how coo it was to smash through a group of storm troopers, leaving them (more or less) armless. Maybe a bit too much, and even if it were implemented, DICE has a problem of solving problems only to create new ones. Not putting DICE down but well it has been a recent trend with them and this game. Just an idea, love to hear what you think.
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
  • Now I know Star Wars isn't a bloody, violent series, however a dismembering feature would be cool. I wouldn't do this for heroes or villains, but if my Darth Maul spin attacks through a rebel squad, it would be awesome to see more than them just falling to the ground. Now I know this may sound a bit graphic but if anyone has played "Forced Unleashed 2" (fun but too short of a game) you could remember how coo it was to smash through a group of storm troopers, leaving them (more or less) armless. Maybe a bit too much, and even if it were implemented, DICE has a problem of solving problems only to create new ones. Not putting DICE down but well it has been a recent trend with them and this game. Just an idea, love to hear what you think.

Personally that sort of detail is not necessary in star wars. Just my opinion.
  • Anyone know when the clone officer armor is coming out? Thought it was confirmed for February.......?
  • Anyone know when the clone officer armor is coming out? Thought it was confirmed for February.......?

That's when it was set to release along side the "Chosen One" update, the new clones would be added
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!