criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

In the new lightsaber combat system you will be able to break block

IMO that can be deduced from the article about animation on Anakin published yesterday. It said that when the animator is designing a strike to break a block he must have in consideration many things to the animation and the strike to be viable and consistent. That would mean in a near future it will be added the feature in a way that one of the normal strikes will be a block breaker, I suppose by keep pressing the attack button o maybe a double tap on the button, or maybe the feature is designed but wont be released as a feature until certain uptade. Of course this is my guess after reading the article, besides this I dont have any clue pointing in that direction.

Replies

• It's not like it matters anyway. Throw enough lightsabers at a blocking person and they die almost literally instantly.
  • Taken them this long to remember Luke and Vader's heavy strike from Battlefront 2015?
    qYw0WR.gif

well, it's a start I guess. Hopefully saber combat becomes more interesting than hold block/mash R2 win
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Very much doubt it.

They said that you'd no longer stagger when attacking a blocking person, but also that if you're a **** and burn all your stamina on a blocking dude, you LITERALLY CANNOT ATTACK when out of stamina (Thank god)

So you'll have to gauge it more intimately. You can probably whittle down a blocker, sure, but your stamina will presumably run out WAY before his, and when you're out, you're out. He can then come out of block and eat you alive.

I recall this guard break thing being said about Anakin's animation too, but it always sounded more like an example.

Unless of course, Anakin will be the only hero with a Guard Break. Makes him moderately useful against other sabers, I suppose.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Very much doubt it.

They said that you'd no longer stagger when attacking a blocking person, but also that if you're a **** and burn all your stamina on a blocking dude, you LITERALLY CANNOT ATTACK when out of stamina (Thank god)

So you'll have to gauge it more intimately. You can probably whittle down a blocker, sure, but your stamina will presumably run out WAY before his, and when you're out, you're out. He can then come out of block and eat you alive.

I recall this guard break thing being said about Anakin's animation too, but it always sounded more like an example.

Unless of course, Anakin will be the only hero with a Guard Break. Makes him moderately useful against other sabers, I suppose.

Not really, depends on the heroes. If you have a **** blocking stamina against lightsaber attacks (like Kylo) there is no way your opponent is going to run out of stamina before you. Same if you have a bad blocking stamina against blaster fire (like Grievous or Dooku) in team fights you're going to feel it when opponents will feel more confident to pressure you with no stagger. Also heroes like Maul or Rey will never be bothered about stamina whatsoever.
  • Forgot about Maul. It'll be intriguing to see if he'll finally be worth picking in that mode beyond just for the sake of running, or the Throw gimmick.

I'm gonna stick to the theory anyway. An attack "appears" to take more stamina than a Block, so unless they tweak that too, some more, I don't think I'll need to swap up the playstyle too much, in the unfortunate event I need to resort to a saber.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"