criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Game Recommendation Thread.

There are games that I would like to get but there are some things I am unsure of, so I figured we could use this thread to ask various questions and see if we could find answers.
Here are some games I would like to know about:
1.Rocket League
*Is there a difference between each version (including Achievement/Trophy support, but excluding the Mario vehicles.) or are they identical?
*Are there any limited time content (not like seasonal events which repeat every year, and whatever comes with it, but stuff that only shows up once before going away forever)?
2. Sea of Thieves.
*I know of the Midnight Blunderbuss, exclusively with a Sea of Thieves hard drive, and the Ebon Pistol, which can only be obtained during certain Mixer streams, but is there other stuff with a limited opportunity to obtain, and will there be more opportunities to get the Ebon Pistol (since it was available at least twice.)?
3. The Kingdom Hearts series
*is there any permanently missable content in each game? I know about the red trinity in Oogie Boogie's manor (moved in Final Mix), random chests in Kingdom Hearts 2, upgrading some worlds in Birth by Sleep, and the Dress like Mickey event in Unchained X, but is there more than that, and is it still possible to get the Dress like Mickey costume?
*are there any major changes between the original versions and their remakes (not counting additional content, but stuff like the aformentioned red trinity, and other things that were rearranged), or would I have the complete experience with the remaxes (Final Mix, .5, and the Re: Series.)?
Thanks in advance.
#JoinTheBuzz
8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
Never forget

Replies

• Update: Sea of Thieves also has content bundled with a controller... And pre-order only content.
    I guess the pirate life is not for me.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Get Apex Legends... just released and free!
  • bfloo
    14972 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Get Apex Legends... just released and free!

Unless you really like BR, it isn't that fun.

I was on a squad with 4 kills between us and we won :|
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• JAREDUP
    1586 posts Member
    Any Dark Souls
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Stardew valley
  • I was hoping for answers to my questions, but I might like the last one.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I have two questions about the Spyro Reignited Trilogy.
    1. How difficult is it?
    2. Are the max completion percentages 120% for Spyro, 100% for Ripto’s Rage, and 117% for Year of the Dragon, like in the originals, or was the percentages changed and if so, why?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    3. The Kingdom Hearts series
    *is there any permanently missable content in each game? I know about the red trinity in Oogie Boogie's manor (moved in Final Mix), random chests in Kingdom Hearts 2, upgrading some worlds in Birth by Sleep, and the Dress like Mickey event in Unchained X, but is there more than that, and is it still possible to get the Dress like Mickey costume?
    *are there any major changes between the original versions and their remakes (not counting additional content, but stuff like the aformentioned red trinity, and other things that were rearranged), or would I have the complete experience with the remaxes (Final Mix, .5, and the Re: Series.)?
    Thanks in advance.

On the Kingdom Hearts front, there's generally stuff you can miss in each game, including secret endings, optional bosses (some added in the final mixes, which the HD ReMix collections are based on), some keyblades, etc. :smile:

One of the collections also includes Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-
    which is an entirely original chapter akin to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. A short playthrough that helps to further prepare for KHIII.
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Any Dark Souls

Agree. Demon's Souls is a game I still play to this day. Nioh is worth a look too for those who may not have heard of it.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • I have a question on Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy, does the Xbox 360 (Xbox on Xbox 360, technically) still support online, or is that just the Steam version? If the latter, what do I miss, and does the Xbox/Xbox 360 version have achievements?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EA_Rtas
    998 posts EA Moderator
    I have a question on Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy, does the Xbox 360 (Xbox on Xbox 360, technically) still support online, or is that just the Steam version? If the latter, what do I miss, and does the Xbox/Xbox 360 version have achievements?

As far as I'm aware there is no online functionality as its an Xbox original BC title, same goes for achievements
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    I have a question on Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy, does the Xbox 360 (Xbox on Xbox 360, technically) still support online, or is that just the Steam version? If the latter, what do I miss, and does the Xbox/Xbox 360 version have achievements?

As far as I'm aware there is no online functionality as its an Xbox original BC title, same goes for achievements

Thank you. Are there any multiplayer modes that are exclusive online?
    Also, Rocket Leage has exclusive content in the limited time Rocket Pass, so it's a bust.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Defintely check out stardew valley when you can. It's like harvest moon on steroids. Hundreds of hours in, still hooked.
  • EA_Rtas
    998 posts EA Moderator
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Defintely check out stardew valley when you can. It's like harvest moon on steroids. Hundreds of hours in, still hooked.

Literally my favorite indie game since FTL. Absolute master craft.
  • "Stop right there criminal scum, you've violated the law. Pay the court fine or SERVE YOUR SENTENCE! Your stolen items are now forfeit

Options:
    A. Go To Jail
    B. Pay Fine
    C. Go on a Wabbajack killing rampage
    D. Reload Last Save

My opinion: GO PLAY OBLIVION, OLD GAME BUT BETTER THAN MOST SINGLE-PLAYER RPGS!

Or do whatever you want, it's your life. Have fun!
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Defintely check out stardew valley when you can. It's like harvest moon on steroids. Hundreds of hours in, still hooked.

Literally my favorite indie game since FTL. Absolute master craft.

100% agree! One dude made this incredible game. Love and devotion right there, I can't tell enough people about it. +100000 HUES
  • I recently got Star Wars:Dark Forces for the PS3 (PSOne Classic version), but it doesn’t have analog support, can the original version (or it’s other releases, including Steam) use analog controls, or am I restricted to the D-Pad (I think all PS1 games could use analog controls, but the pre DualShock games might not have this functionality via PS3)?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I recently got Star Wars:Dark Forces for the PS3 (PSOne Classic version), but it doesn’t have analog support, can the original version (or it’s other releases, including Steam) use analog controls, or am I restricted to the D-Pad (I think all PS1 games could use analog controls, but the pre DualShock games might not have this functionality via PS3)?

I have it on ps1 , pretty sure it is d pad only bud. Think it came out in 1995 so it was pre analog on the original playstation
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I recently got Star Wars:Dark Forces for the PS3 (PSOne Classic version), but it doesn’t have analog support, can the original version (or it’s other releases, including Steam) use analog controls, or am I restricted to the D-Pad (I think all PS1 games could use analog controls, but the pre DualShock games might not have this functionality via PS3)?

I have it on ps1 , pretty sure it is d pad only bud. Think it came out in 1995 so it was pre analog on the original playstation

I was hoping the DualShock had retroactive support, thanks for the advice.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget

I was hoping the DualShock had retroactive support, thanks for the advice.

You are most welcome dude. The sequels, dark forces 2:jedi knight, and jedi academy should both be analog but believe they were xbox/pc exclusive been playing some older star wars games myself here lately. Dark forces is a classic for real have fun
  • I still have a question for the Lego Harry Potter Collection (I think it was answered, but I don’t want to leave anything to chance). To anyone that has 100% completed years 1-4 (or at least unlocked Voldemort) on Xbox One, were you able to return to Hogwarts, and if not were you able to do that on PS4?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    I still have a question for the Lego Harry Potter Collection (I think it was answered, but I don’t want to leave anything to chance). To anyone that has 100% completed years 1-4 (or at least unlocked Voldemort) on Xbox One, were you able to return to Hogwarts, and if not were you able to do that on PS4?

Try gamefaqs.com it usually is of help I use it quite a bit
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I still have a question for the Lego Harry Potter Collection (I think it was answered, but I don’t want to leave anything to chance). To anyone that has 100% completed years 1-4 (or at least unlocked Voldemort) on Xbox One, were you able to return to Hogwarts, and if not were you able to do that on PS4?

Try gamefaqs.com it usually is of help I use it quite a bit

I don’t think I found anything that directly references my query, but the general stance seems to be that it’s fixed. I’ll check anyway, though.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EA_Cian
    edited February 23
    Not sure if folks are still looking for suggestions, but I have a few to share:
    • Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition - I'm playing this on Switch (it's on XB1, PS4, and Steam as well) and it holds up. If you liked the original release on 360 (or if you played the Japan-only PS3 version!) its still a great game and a solid entry in the Tales franchise.
    • Tetris 99 - Another Switch game but, I like... I mean... 99-player Tetris. *chef's kiss*
    • Gundam VS - A PS4 game that's part of Namco Bandai anime-themed sale on the US PSN (atm, at least!). Definitely not for everyone (it's got its quirks) but as someone itching for a game where I prove I'm the best at getting in the robot and being a Gundam pilot.

• Love my switch. Between ulitimate and Zelda this has been the best winter ever.
  • Alex64
    7016 posts Member
    Try Bloodborne
  • EA_Cian
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Try Bloodborne

I can get on board with this. Finally working on finishing it right now.
  • To anyone who has played Lego DC Super Villains on PS4, does the problem with achievements on Xbox One (where they sometimes won’t pop up) also affect trophies on PS4?
    Or alternatively, was the Xbox One glitch patched?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EA_Rtas
    998 posts EA Moderator
    Papers please is a seriously fun game that I've rediscovered again, cannot recommend it enough
  • I have three questions about both Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare games.
    1. Is there any Pre-Order/Limited Time content, or will I be able to unlock everything with the Deluxe Edition and any additional DLC packs?
    2. What does the ESRB descriptions refer to?
    3. Does game progress synchronize between systems,or can I start fresh when I buy it for another system?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I have another one, I have Lego Dimensions for the Xbox 360, but there’s a glitch on the Simpsons level where the Lord Business cutscene freezes on his face, the subtitles flash on one sentence, the sound keeps going with no dialog, and sometimes the game freezes, and the only surefire way to fix it is to skip the cutscene. I have two questions:
    1. Is it possible to fix this glitch?
    2. Is this glitch present on the PS4 and Wii U versions, because I plan on getting them at some point?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    I have another one, I have Lego Dimensions for the Xbox 360, but there’s a glitch on the Simpsons level where the Lord Business cutscene freezes on his face, the subtitles flash on one sentence, the sound keeps going with no dialog, and sometimes the game freezes, and the only surefire way to fix it is to skip the cutscene. I have two questions:
    1. Is it possible to fix this glitch?
    2. Is this glitch present on the PS4 and Wii U versions, because I plan on getting them at some point?

The fix for the Xbox 360 version seems to be to remove everything from the portal, but I haven’t tried.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    I have three questions about both Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare games.
    1. Is there any Pre-Order/Limited Time content, or will I be able to unlock everything with the Deluxe Edition and any additional DLC packs?
    2. What does the ESRB descriptions refer to?
    3. Does game progress synchronize between systems,or can I start fresh when I buy it for another system?

It seems that the pre order bonus for the first game is “nothing special” just two free booster packs that are available regularly, and for the second game is “available later as regular DLC” (these are not quotes), which is good news for me.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget