criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

General Grievous Or Count Dooku - Who's worth it?

Hello. I have a problem. For the past 2 days I was grinding to get enough Credits for either Count Dooku Or Grievous.
Now that I have enough I am struggling to pick who to purchase. Of course I can just buy one of them and the grind all over again to buy the second one. Anyways who do you think is better to buy?

Replies

• Dooku
  • Dooku is more fun insofar as his abilities are more varied and interesting. Grievous is out and out more powerful and takes less skill to play. A good Dooku player will probably outdo a good Grievous player most of the time but when you are looking for a quick fix for a situation in GA and you aren't the best technical player he is probably a better choice. You'll also find yourself getting top of the leader board with Grievous in HvV just by sneezing on people.
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    Grievous is super powerful and I haven’t gotten that feeling from using Dukoo yet.

So I would suggest Grievous first.

Just don’t spam the melee. 2 or 3 saber swings at a time is good policy. Beyond that, he has 2 ways to knock opponents down and both are good, so use them to get opposing heroes to the ground to finish them off.

Don’t spend too much time with his middle ability. It can be useful but very circumstantial.
  • Dooku is more fun imo and you have to think more about moves etc. Grievous is much easier to get ur kills with.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    Use them both in arcade and go with whoever you have more fun with
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Jinda_Lo wrote: »
    Dooku is more fun insofar as his abilities are more varied and interesting. Grievous is out and out more powerful and takes less skill to play. A good Dooku player will probably outdo a good Grievous player most of the time but when you are looking for a quick fix for a situation in GA and you aren't the best technical player he is probably a better choice. You'll also find yourself getting top of the leader board with Grievous in HvV just by sneezing on people.

agreed, but Grievous's lines are funnier
  • Test them out in Arcade.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Use them both in arcade and go with whoever you have more fun with
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Test them out in Arcade.

That's really the best advice you can get. Arcade them out and see what you think of their playstyle. If you're aiming to play them more in HvV than GA, then Arcade will only be able to demonstrate so much to you... but I think I would still have to recommend Dooku, like the other respondents have. Both of them take a bit of practice to get used to, with Grievous being a HUGE target for other players, does beefy damage, and is good at escaping, while Dooku is pretty fast, has some more interesting abilities (lightning stun followed by slashing away with your lightsaber seems to work wonders for him), and is Christopher Lee as an evil space wizard (visually, at least).
  • Dooku is far more fun, I reached lvl 40 in no time, while I'm still lvl 17 with Grievous.

GG feels too clunky when running, and swinging, although his basic damage is better than Dooku, same for his range, and saber tracking *ahem* abilities.

But Dooku swings, movements, are far more stylish, extra dodge makes for interesting duels, lighting stun is very fun to use even with the very short range, and my dear Duelist is my favorite ability.
  • jonci
    1011 posts Member
    Whilst both have their merits and disadvantages in game, do like others have recommended, and try in arcade then go for it, grind for the other one, daily challenges and arcade daily, plus crates and a few games, you should have both in a week or so, as you already have enough for 1.