criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Dear Boba Fett Runners,

Oh how high and mighty you are. You can cross Kamino in half the time we can.

You're also very annoying,

Stop playing hide and seek, and use your rockets

It is easy to play aggressive with Boba Fett -

Albeit use the jetpack to re position or get out of a tough spot, but PLEASE PLEASE do not use it to constantly circle the entire map

Replies

• Smattonellus
    687 posts Member
    edited February 19
    I admit I ran as boba one time, but that was because we were 2v4, a Luke was chasing me for all crait and I would rain rockets on him killing, thus increasing his rage and prompting him to stalk me more, ah good time that one.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2449 posts Member
    edited February 19
    The lack of a time limit is part of the problem, they should add a circle that closes in like the BR games and force a fight at some point. That would take care of the runners, or at least keep them at bay, be it Luke, Maul, or BF.
  • Light side can adapt and one of them can use Finn, no? Or any of the blaster heroes, no?

Annoying, sure, but can be countered with a bit of hero selection.
  • He has such low health and takes damage easily.
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Lol some people leave when Boba is the target because they know the outcome, don't blame them.

If the targeting system was removed, we wouldn't have problems like this anymore
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • hsf_
    1828 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Original topic, would read again thanks OP.

Oh and you can kill him with 3 shots as Han Solo, so l2p?
  • Come on everyone... Regardless of if its counterable its no fun just chasing someone for ages or being forced to change character because someone refuses to fight in a game about fighting...

Personally I find boba one of the most fun to play aggressive with
  • I admit I ran as boba one time, but that was because we were 2v4, a Luke was chasing me for all crait and I would rain rockets on him killing, thus increasing his rage and prompting him to stalk me more, ah good time that one.

This basically describes every Boba. He's designed for trolling.
  • I have less of a problem with Boba than a chicken Maul or Luke, at least you can shoot him at a distance. But any runner is annoying as.
  • TjPunx
    1578 posts Member
    I think it’s funny when he runs. All you do is knock him out of the sky. Pretty easy to do if you have any skill
  • That's what the 'quit' function is for!
  • TjPunx
    1578 posts Member
    edited February 19
    If you quit mid match you’re no better than the runners
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    I think it’s funny when he runs. All you do is knock him out of the sky. Pretty easy to do if you have any skill

Any skill... And the right hero... I'd rather not have to change hero just cos of a runner
  • Just send Boba to swim with Chewbacca's bowcaster on Kamino.
  • TjPunx
    1578 posts Member
    JediJam wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »

Any skill... And the right hero... I'd rather not have to change hero just cos of a runner

Get good with all the heroes, and all their traits. It’s pretty east to rule over a Fett
  • Just send Boba to swim with Chewbacca's bowcaster on Kamino.

Love doing that :D
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction

Get good with all the heroes, and all their traits. It’s pretty east to rule over a Fett

I'd consider my self to be good with all the hero's except finn (don't like finn). Fact is a lot of the heros aren't fast enough or don't have a long enough range attack to do anything...

Anyway as I've said previously... I'd rather I played against some one who tried to fight rather than just run away.
  • The lack of a time limit is part of the problem, they should add a circle that closes in like the BR games and force a fight at some point. That would take care of the runners, or at least keep them at bay, be it Luke, Maul, or BF.

out of all the suggestions I have seen this is the only good one love this idea.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• Technically he doesn't run, he flies... :wink:

But honestly, his jetpack is ridiculous, and even if you are the best blaster hero around, it can take forever to get in position to shoot him, just to watch him fly away again, while, most likely, you are getting melted by Grievous already.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Dear topic creator,

Please pick Chewbacca in HvV, especially on Kamino, if Boba uses his jetpack to traverse the map quickly.

You will find that with a bit of aim, a single Bowcaster bolt disables Boba's jetpack and causes him to hurtle to the ground, or in the case of Kamino, plummet to his death

Console perspective - Good Boba players (at least good at hiding) are able to zig zag and dip up and down while flying, making him very hard to hit.

Also, there is no ideal situation as you, and other players, paint it out to be. These are the scenarios you typically have:

1) Chewie is already in play, you have to rely on that player being good enough to hit Boba. About a 30% chance of them being good.

2) You are Chewie but you are the target. it difficult to do when you have to protect yourself. Chasing Chewie while you're the target is risk of being exposed to Boba's 600+ damage rockets, plus the 3 other villains to take you out.

3) You're Chewie and not the target. If your target is self-sustaining (Saber user) you can chase Boba and try to shoot him out of the sky.

These are 'what if' scenarios left to chance and honestly shouldn't be left to one niche hero to counter a hero that is used cheaply in 90% of HvV matches.

The longer Boba is the target and hiding, the more time the dark side (the far superior damage dealers) can chip away the targets health.

This
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Same thing happened last night, Boba Fett in Hoth base, hiding behind tubes high up, unable to hit him with anything, my entire team just quit.

How fun can it be to be Boba and just hiding, not doing anything, then seeing everyone on the opposing team quit?

Why bother playing at all?
    Dear topic creator,

Please pick Chewbacca in HvV, especially on Kamino, if Boba uses his jetpack to traverse the map quickly.

You will find that with a bit of aim, a single Bowcaster bolt disables Boba's jetpack and causes him to hurtle to the ground, or in the case of Kamino, plummet to his death.

Alternatively, please direct your complaints towards the target system, also known as the real problem of HvV. Please note that the removal of the target system would instantly solve any issues with speedy characters running away.

Be careful what you wish for. I think you'll get a lot more camping without the target system
  • zambalex2 wrote: »
    Same thing happened last night, Boba Fett in Hoth base, hiding behind tubes high up, unable to hit him with anything, my entire team just quit.

How fun can it be to be Boba and just hiding, not doing anything, then seeing everyone on the opposing team quit?

Why bother playing at all?

I encountered someone like this. Everyone quit and 2 of us messaged him. His response to us all was most unsavoury

• I encountered someone like this. Everyone quit and 2 of us messaged him. His response to us all was most unsavoury

lol what did they say?

• This is why they need to remove the target system in favour of hero blast. Luckily it’s been confirmed that changes to HvV are coming so keep fingers crossed
  • zambalex2 wrote: »

I encountered someone like this. Everyone quit and 2 of us messaged him. His response to us all was most unsavoury

lol what did they say?

A torrent of homophobic, racist and disturbing images - Let's just say to repeat him would cause Obi Wan to say "So uncivilised!"
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Come on everyone... Regardless of if its counterable its no fun just chasing someone for ages or being forced to change character because someone refuses to fight in a game about fighting...

Personally I find boba one of the most fun to play aggressive with

I agree with you Jedi Jam, use those rockets! WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS!
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    The lack of a time limit is part of the problem, they should add a circle that closes in like the BR games and force a fight at some point. That would take care of the runners, or at least keep them at bay, be it Luke, Maul, or BF.

out of all the suggestions I have seen this is the only good one love this idea.

I think when he is the target just reduce the speed of the jet-pack/halve the fuel. I don't know exactly, but remember capture the flag in battlefront 2005 - You had reduced speed when carrying the flag. Just reduce jet pack speed for boba fett/aerials when they are carrying the package/ a target
  • JediJam wrote: »

I'd consider my self to be good with all the hero's except finn (don't like finn). Fact is a lot of the heros aren't fast enough or don't have a long enough range attack to do anything...

Anyway as I've said previously... I'd rather I played against some one who tried to fight rather than just run away.
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Dear topic creator,

You will find that with a bit of aim, a single Bowcaster bolt disables Boba's jetpack and causes him to hurtle to the ground, or in the case of Kamino, plummet to his death.

Alternatively, please direct your complaints towards the target system, also known as the real problem of HvV. Please note that the removal of the target system would instantly solve any issues with speedy characters running away.

Yes, I do use Chewie on an annoying boba fett, but he is a slow thing isn't he! He has to trundle around kamino while Boba Fett can take his short-cuts.

Target system stops people camping. Imagine if we had lobbies full of Phasma's/Iden's/Lando's hiding in corners waiting to freeze you. Force push users would just simply wait by the edge and not play until you come to them. I've played other games which have this problem. Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy a hero's mode without a target system, but why not have both modes? This game should be adding things not removing them
    Dear topic creator,

You will find that with a bit of aim, a single Bowcaster bolt disables Boba's jetpack and causes him to hurtle to the ground, or in the case of Kamino, plummet to his death

Console perspective - Good Boba players (at least good at hiding) are able to zig zag and dip up and down while flying, making him very hard to hit.

Also, there is no ideal situation as you, and other players, paint it out to be. These are the scenarios you typically have:

1) Chewie is already in play, you have to rely on that player being good enough to hit Boba. About a 30% chance of them being good.

2) You are Chewie but you are the target. it difficult to do when you have to protect yourself. Chasing Chewie while you're the target is risk of being exposed to Boba's 600+ damage rockets, plus the 3 other villains to take you out.

3) You're Chewie and not the target. If your target is self-sustaining (Saber user) you can chase Boba and try to shoot him out of the sky.

These are 'what if' scenarios left to chance and honestly shouldn't be left to one niche hero to counter a hero that is used cheaply in 90% of HvV matches.

The longer Boba is the target and hiding, the more time the dark side (the far superior damage dealers) can chip away the targets health.

And again, the removal of the target system would solve all of the above.

@ everyone: stop complaining about characters themselves and acknowledge that removing the target system would instantly fix HvV.
  • Mhh another irrelevant topic that might be caused because of the players need of expierence...

Boba F. is an easy hero to counter. Whenever i'm up against a targeted Boba (a runner) I tend to change to Chewbacca if it's possible, if not i'm going to pick another shooter. Here's my take on the lightside shooters and why to pick them.

Pros

Chewbacca - One bowcaster shot takes out Boba from the sky, and you and your team will be able to take him out. Also Chewbacca's stun grenade can be used if Boba falls in close range.

Han Solo - Han's detonater can be activated in mid air which takes him out of the sky, and combined with Han's DL-44 damage output you can easily get the kill fast enough before he's up and running again.

Lando Calrissian - Lando isn't the greatest counter for Boba, and therefore wouldn't pick him if the heroes above is available. If you can time his stun before Boba takes off he's a reliable choice, because if you get him stunned, Lando's fast triggering blaster pistol will be able to kill him before the stun is over.

Finn - Finn can be good if you are at close range. With his lock on ability you can quickly get Boba damaged down for a potentiel kill in some cases.

Leia Organa - Leia as my last priority can be usefull for her default blaster pistol damage, but it isn't reliable enough to be a secure pick. Her flash grenade isn't usefull enough to get Boba down from the sky nor stopping him from taking off. Same with her blaster rifle ability as it only shoots precisely in close range and therefore can't hit Boba in the sky.
  • Yet another "stay still while I kill you" thread.

A good target player will do whatever it takes to stay alive when they are the target. That is their objective.

• Yodamain wrote: »
    Mhh another irrelevant topic that might be caused because of the players need of expierence...

Boba F. is an easy hero to counter. Whenever i'm up against a targeted Boba (a runner) I tend to change to Chewbacca if it's possible, if not i'm going to pick another shooter. Here's my take on the lightside shooters and why to pick them.

Pros

Chewbacca - One bowcaster shot takes out Boba from the sky, and you and your team will be able to take him out. Also Chewbacca's stun grenade can be used if Boba falls in close range.

Han Solo - Han's detonater can be activated in mid air which takes him out of the sky, and combined with Han's DL-44 damage output you can easily get the kill fast enough before he's up and running again.

Lando Calrissian - Lando isn't the greatest counter for Boba, and therefore wouldn't pick him if the heroes above is available. If you can time his stun before Boba takes off he's a reliable choice, because if you get him stunned, Lando's fast triggering blaster pistol will be able to kill him before the stun is over.

Finn - Finn can be good if you are at close range. With his lock on ability you can quickly get Boba damaged down for a potentiel kill in some cases.

Leia Organa - Leia as my last priority can be usefull for her default blaster pistol damage, but it isn't reliable enough to be a secure pick. Her flash grenade isn't usefull enough to get Boba down from the sky nor stopping him from taking off. Same with her blaster rifle ability as it only shoots precisely in close range and therefore can't hit Boba in the sky.

If you think the post is so irrelevant, why such a long comment? I am fully aware of the counters and have played the game a lot, so I don't "need experience," I am just stating the tactic annoys me.
  • bfloo
    15531 posts Member
    Dear topic creator,

@ everyone: stop complaining about characters themselves and acknowledge that removing the target system would instantly fix HvV.

So we'll need to deal with 1 team kill balling to steam roll the other team every game, can't wait.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Running to rejoin your friends so it becomes a teamfight = This is okay.

Not joining said teamfight / running because you suck with no business in multiplayer games to begin with = Don't do this.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
    Dear topic creator,

100% i was about to comment the same thing.

Ur not playing good fett players.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to rejoin your friends so it becomes a teamfight = This is okay.

Not joining said teamfight / running because you suck with no business in multiplayer games to begin with = Don't do this.

Right!! Everyone me and my friends alwaya have that excuse of saying we ran. Theyre just mad they took the L.
  • MC_XIX
    1791 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Dear topic creator,

So we'll need to deal with 1 team kill balling to steam roll the other team every game, can't wait.

If you played HvV as much as me, you'd know that the LS is more than capable of equalling the DS in terms of killing.

I've had countless matches where my LS team has had over triple the eliminations of the DS team, yet we still lost due to Boba and Maul running away as the target. Removing the target system would reward the skilled players and penalise cowardly players.
    Dear topic creator,

This. Sometimes I get lucky enough to knock him out of the air and into a pit or right in front of me but that's hardly all the time.
    Geonosis just amplifies this issue; the map is massive and there's lots of structures to block your shots as a blaster hero. Chances are if you knock Boba out of the sky, his momentum will carry him out of harm's way.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Just want to go on record to say that I actively attack the other teams target when I am target as Boba. Sadly, I am in the minority, roughly 9/10 Boba's are hiders when target.
  • Can't win here, damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's either complaining in the chat about "You need to hide when you are the target!!! *****!!!" OR "You coward Boba player stop hiding and face me!!!"

But technically, it is the current objective to not get killed if you are the target, so then its a waiting game to see if your team can get to the enemy target before someone gets you. By the other 3 going after their target it does increase your teams odds of winning, but it also increases your odds of losing if 2 or more run up on you alone.

• SrawDawg wrote: »
    Can't win here, damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's either complaining in the chat about "You need to hide when you are the target!!! ****!!!" OR "You coward Boba player stop hiding and face me!!!"

But technically, it is the current objective to not get killed if you are the target, so then its a waiting game to see if your team can get to the enemy target before someone gets you. By the other 3 going after their target it does increase your teams odds of winning, but it also increases your odds of losing if 2 or more run up on you alone.

I see the logic, but I'm not so sure. Even one person less in a 4-man skirmish is regularly a slaughter. Just look at how often you get a 3 man team in HvV against a 4 man one and how often you lose.

Furthermore, there is that annoying milestone where it requires you to get 50 objective kills in HvV when you are the marked target. I don't think running is especially or technically encouraged in that regard.

However - I certainly pick my fights and hedge my bets if I am the only blaster hero and am the target. Esp on somewhere like Jabbas Palace or Kessel. I'll run like the wind if I'm Leia until I can meet up with teammates. (provided, that is, they're not poncing around trhing to get kills on non-target players)

pH
  • If I get a running and hiding Boba I just quit. I don’t have that much free time these days to play so if it’s not an enjoyable lobby I’m out like a trout.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Oh how high and mighty you are. You can cross Kamino in half the time we can.

You're also very annoying,

Stop playing hide and seek, and use your rockets

It is easy to play aggressive with Boba Fett -

Albeit use the jetpack to re position or get out of a tough spot, but PLEASE PLEASE do not use it to constantly circle the entire map

Dear people who whine about boba,

Play Luke and push them off the map.

/thread

<3