criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Player Behavior of Xbox vs PS4

Having spent a lot of time playing on both Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to get more random, rude/odd messages from players on Xbox.

I'm not trying to start any console wars, but it just seems odd and want to really know if the experience is more typical of gaming on Xbox Live.I don't know if more people just typically send messages on Xbox or not, as I've primarily played on Playstation over the past decade, but I've found myself playing a lot more oft this game on the One X due to the upgrade in graphical fidelity over the PS4 Pro.

As an example, I recently had someone randomly message me after a match of HvV with a message of, "Hold that L" along with 3 laughing hard emoji's; extremely uncalled for and rude.

I don't think I have ever received one rude message gaming on Battlefront 1 or 2 on PSN. I don't know if it's just easier for people to type messages on Xbox or if it's just a more competitive online platform where players take the game a lot more personally.

I'm truly just wondering, because even if the graphics look better on the One X, I may reside to playing more on the PS4 Pro, if the player behavior in general is more toxic.

Who knows, maybe it's just a unique experience that I've had between the 2 platforms?

Replies

• bfloo
    14479 posts Member
    It doesn't happen often on X1.

Occasionally people get really heated when they lose, but it is comical.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• jtyoda25 wrote: »
    Having spent a lot of time playing on both Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to get more random, rude/odd messages from players on Xbox.

I'm not trying to start any console wars, but it just seems odd and want to really know if the experience is more typical of gaming on Xbox Live.I don't know if more people just typically send messages on Xbox or not, as I've primarily played on Playstation over the past decade, but I've found myself playing a lot more oft this game on the One X due to the upgrade in graphical fidelity over the PS4 Pro.

As an example, I recently had someone randomly message me after a match of HvV with a message of, "Hold that L" along with 3 laughing hard emoji's; extremely uncalled for and rude.

I don't think I have ever received one rude message gaming on Battlefront 1 or 2 on PSN. I don't know if it's just easier for people to type messages on Xbox or if it's just a more competitive online platform where players take the game a lot more personally.

I'm truly just wondering, because even if the graphics look better on the One X, I may reside to playing more on the PS4 Pro, if the player behavior in general is more toxic.

Who knows, maybe it's just a unique experience that I've had between the 2 platforms?

C'mon now. That's not bad at all. No personal insults or anything
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• In 15 months playing on Xbox I've gotten a single negative message that simply said "You suck at being the target" after a round of HvV.

C'mon now. That's not bad at all. No personal insults or anything

Yeah, I guess not too bad in the grand scheme of things, but still uncalled for and showing poor sportsmanship.

Like I said, I'm just not used to people sending messages like this. I guess, maybe I've just had good luck on PSN and bad luck Xbox, but I've just noticed that I seem to get more messages on Xbox. I'm mainly just wondering if it's common or not. I guess some people feel the need to put down others, even random strangers they don't know, to make themselves feel better.
  • Unfortunately, scrubs play on both consoles. Gotten a few "colourful messages" on ps4 also
  • Where you playing Luke and just holding LT to block the whole time while you were target? :smiley:

Anyways, I play on Xbox and don't get that many messages. Last one was a while ago from a Vader that I killed not sure how many times with Rey, he complained I was spamming her abilities too much :neutral:

When playing FIFA couple years back I would receive a lot more rude messages, but now in BF (and also back in BF2015) I would say is next to none.

Doesn't matter how much the other players spammed wall glitches, flying, jumping, blocking, camping with the droid, I would not send them anything. The only msgs I've ever sent where "good game" ones. Mama always told me, if you ain't saying nothing positive, don't say anything at all"
  • Privacy settings are there for a reason, use them ;)
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • I'm still struggling to identify the issue with telling someone to "hold that L."
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• For me was ps4...the player "quality" is pretty low as well. That is the first platform I got like 40+ kills in GA and no deaths in HvV...followed by many hate msgs over psn. I reported and instead I got a msg back saying they didn't find anything wrong when someone said the generic hate stuff...you know those. So I ended up stopping all chat/friend request option for ps4.

In X I get'em too but nowhere near as bad as ps4. PC actually has far less...well the community is super small compared to console anyway...and everyone gets along pretty well.
  • Was that guy obviously trying to be a bit of a ****? Yes
    Are you taking it a bit too personally? Probably
    4JSgnlx.gif
    And I promise you it's just as bad if not worse on PS4. Just take a step back and remember you're playing a Star Wars videogame, nothing worth any high blood pressure.
    [+3748 posts]
  • I've only ever gotten one message on PS4 while playing this game for almost a year. During the SA triple xp event. I was flying around on the Endor map as the rebels just as the Empire was finishing phase 1. I was on a halfway decent killstreak in my A-wing, looking for something to shoot, and I guess I was pushed up pretty close to their spawn. Managed to finally find someone and shot him dead. Guy sent me a message saying he was "only going to warn me once".

Wasn't sure what he was on about so I moved on. Later in the same match I took out his Slave 1 with Yoda in phase 2 to win the match. Thought he was just angry that I murdered his Boba so I just sent a smiley face back in a message (I never get hate mail, couldn't go without sending a reply, and I had forgotten when the message came in). Guy goes on to say he reported me for spawnkilling (once??) and that my account was going to be doxxed. Just told him whatev's, blocked the guy and moved along. I generally don't spawn kill, but when I'm on a nice killstreak, I shoot anything that's red. It was bound to happen by accident eventually.

Long story short, not a lot of hate mail on my end on PS4. HvV players sure like to troll though. Either through emotes when they kill you 1v4 or by hiding in map exploits. Though that doesn't seem to be exclusive to PS4.
  • Mouthrax
    484 posts Member
    edited February 20
    Were you running? Pressing L stick? Or just endlessly blocking with LT? If so, I understand their frustration.
    Post edited by Mouthrax on
  • I moved to xbox recently and I've met more good people than ps4, but i've also received more salty messages than ever before. In saying that, GTA on ps4 was cancer, so much hate mail.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    I moved to xbox recently and I've met more good people than ps4, but i've also received more salty messages than ever before. In saying that, GTA on ps4 was cancer, so much hate mail.

Dude yes I worry about GTA s playerbase. Truly a hateful bunch
  • JohnIn60Seconds
    67 posts Member
    edited February 20
    You say yourself you play 'a lot more of this game on xbox' so what did you expect?
  • As far as this game goes. You will get more messages in HvV than GA.

Ive played it on Xbox for the past couple weeks. I get a message almost every day.

I guess its just more personal and emotional than 20v20. Its 4v4 and your all heroes. People get emotional in that mode
  • bfloo
    14479 posts Member
    Where you playing Luke and just holding LT to block the whole time while you were target? :smiley:

Anyways, I play on Xbox and don't get that many messages. Last one was a while ago from a Vader that I killed not sure how many times with Rey, he complained I was spamming her abilities too much :neutral:

When playing FIFA couple years back I would receive a lot more rude messages, but now in BF (and also back in BF2015) I would say is next to none.

Doesn't matter how much the other players spammed wall glitches, flying, jumping, blocking, camping with the droid, I would not send them anything. The only msgs I've ever sent where "good game" ones. Mama always told me, if you ain't saying nothing positive, don't say anything at all"

My favorite xbox message was a team mate complaining I was playing Yoda WRONG while I had more kills than the rest of my team combined, double their combined score, 1st overall and carried us to victory.

Happened to me again in a similar situation with Luke.

Maybe it was my fault running the table with the 2 worst heroes in the game.

l7sdh15jhcml.png

h846398gb27k.png

• SVEJ
    1158 posts Member
    Gonna say this from my experience, xbox players are better than playstation players.
  • hsf_
    1690 posts Member
    Have you seen some of the abuse that occurs on PC? I might have to start taking screenshots. It's always racism, cancer jokes, homophobic remarks etc.
  • bfloo
    14479 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Have you seen some of the abuse that occurs on PC? I might have to start taking screenshots. It's always racism, cancer jokes, homophobic remarks etc.

and we wonder why they don't want to bring voice chat to console...

h846398gb27k.png

i've been playing since day 1 on xbox 1 and have gotten a handful of rude comments sent to me in the messaging. But i will say when i play against someone who is really good, or that makes a great kill against me then i'll send them a message telling them that it was a great kill/match. There's a few players in SFA that are amazing. I think it depends on the maturity of the players you get paired against.
  • Played on XB1 since launch, only messages I ever get are typically "GG" (win or lose). I did get one "reported" though, had a nice chuckle at that.
  • [some] people will always act childish behind a screen.
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    I moved to xbox recently and I've met more good people than ps4, but i've also received more salty messages than ever before. In saying that, GTA on ps4 was cancer, so much hate mail.

It really is so bad, that game has really screwed kids up, I've heard kids screaming on mic about how they're gonna kill someone, probably the source of a whole lot of young violence. Bad parents should not buy it for their kids.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Played on XB1 since launch, only messages I ever get are typically "GG" (win or lose). I did get one "reported" though, had a nice chuckle at that.

Reported ones are so mysterious I love it
  • I got on one PS4 after playing HvV. The guy blamed me losing the match. So I died too much as Rey. It wasn't my fault getting gangbanged by three villains coming out of spawn, running to teammates. He was happy that I left after that match on Starkiller Base.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • You say yourself you play 'a lot more of this game on xbox' so what did you expect?

I would say since release, I'm not sure, but definitely over the past 3 months, I've played more on the Xbox. I was just surprised, as I played the first Battlefront exclusively on Playstation, and I just thought it was odd that I seemed to receive more messages on Xbox than I ever have on either Battlefront 1 or 2 on Playstation.

mastery0ta wrote: »

It really is so bad, that game has really screwed kids up, I've heard kids screaming on mic about how they're gonna kill someone, probably the source of a whole lot of young violence. Bad parents should not buy it for their kids.

Lol Id place blame on the parents long before I would blame a video game. But the screaming and acting foolish on the mic is unacceptable. I have to plug my headset in and not wear it just so a 9 year old isn't screaming racial slurs through my televison speakers.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »

Lol Id place blame on the parents long before I would blame a video game. But the screaming and acting foolish on the mic is unacceptable. I have to plug my headset in and not wear it just so a 9 year old isn't screaming racial slurs through my televison speakers.

100 percent, I once heard mum saying to their raging kid who was probably 9, that's enough killing for today. Like wtf.

100 percent, I once heard mum saying to their raging kid who was probably 9, that's enough killing for today. Like wtf.

Well when she wakes up to junior standing over her with a hammer at 3 am, she can only blame herself
  • My brother complains he gets lots of hate on Xbox1 but can’t say I’ve ever gotten anything myself?
  • I play a lot on xbox and in more than a year I have had one message telling me I sucked. That was just after hero showdown launched and was from my team mate. And to be fair I did suck, although he also wasn't so great as he fell into the abyss on Hoth without anyone touching him. I have also been "reported" twice, may well have been the same guy, salty that I had found a way to kill his hero.
  • I have a library of hate mail, just emote everyone you kill as a hero and it'll eventually come.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif