criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

New Game Mode: Why all the SECRETS about the details EA/DICE?

Jakeman
89 posts Member
edited February 19
cso1pnrhk14n.jpg

DESCRIPTION:
An unidentified large scale game mode based on capturing command posts and ultimately bringing down capital ships is set to appear in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II and will accompany content from the Clone Wars era. It was initially going to be released in February, but was delayed to March.

OBJECTIVE:
The upcoming large scale game mode has been described as "non-linear" and a "sandbox." It will feature command posts that can be captured and capital ships that can be attacked and destroyed. Fights can take place in the interiors of these capital ships, which include a Galactic Republic Venator-class Star Destroyer and a Separatist Providence-class Dreadnought.

MAPS:
The unidentified large scale game mode will be playable on Geonosis: Trippa Hive, which, unlike other large-scale ground maps in the game, was designed with the new mode in mind rather than Galactic Assault. It is currently unknown if this mode will be playable on any other maps when it launches in March 2019, but snippets of code in the game files suggest that Naboo: Theed and Tatooine: Mos Eisley may be other maps that this mode will be playable on. The only map that has been officially confirmed is Trippa Hive.

SPECULATION
Based on the description of the game mode, it sounds to be the same as, if not very similar to, Conquest from the original Star Wars: Battlefront games by Pandemic Studios and the Battlefield games also developed by DICE. This mode is also very loosely similar to Supremacy from DICE's Star Wars Battlefront. It also seems to be very similar to another game mode developed by DICE for their Battlefield series, Titan mode, as seen in Battlefield 2142.

Titan mode was later recreated in the Naval Strike DLC expansion for Battlefield 4 in the form of Carrier Assault. The game mode was internally referred to as "Titan" in the game's files, which was discovered by dataminers in the Battle of Geonosis Update, another hint at it being similar to Titan mode from Battlefield 2142.

QUESTIONS
What's the name of this new game mode?
Will ground to space transport be a cut scene or user controlled?
How many maps will it have at launch?
Will this game mode cover all the eras?
Do you spawn on command posts?
Can you play it offline?
How many players will transports carry?
Will Hero starfighters be involved?
Can we steal the opponents transports or starfighters?
What is the max player count?

Revealing ALL the answers to the above questions before March first would still keep the surprise element going while hyping the new game mode for an entire month! Waiting until a couple days before it's release is not only bad marketing but also creates no excitement because we literally have so little details right now.

@F8RGE
PLEASE give us this information so we tell all our friends how awesome this update is once it drops. I really feel this game mode is what fans have wanted most to experience since the launch of this game over a year ago. May the force be with you, always.


THOUGHTS?

[Removed some caps from the title]
Post edited by Jakeman on

Replies

  • Good questions. Good work!

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • I am almost certain that we will be able to spawn on command posts. But I hope the rest will be answered officially!
  • We know next to nothing about it. This close and still nothing? Sigh
  • Funny, I asked the same questions and got negative feedback from the community.
    Hi.
  • They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.
  • They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    Patience for what? What in past updates would lead you to believe this?
  • I know people are excited about this game mode but some folks seem to be under the impression that there will be an offline component to this. I haven't seen anyone who is working on the game say this was going to be the case, am I missing something?
  • All reasonable questions.

    Let me answer these reasonable questions for you.
    1. Galactic Conquest or something like that but who cares it's just the name and content is what matters
    2. There won’t be ground to space combat, probably going to be similar to how GA is.
    3. A few maps but not all the GA ones but consider they’re adding this whole capital ship takedowns and capital ship interiors thing which could alter current maps drastically.
    4. Probably not
    5. Yes
    6. No
    7. There won’t be transports as they have mentioned somewhere before that implementing this mechanism causes a lot of other bugs.
    14. No
    15. No

    From what I’ve seen in the past, this game mode is still only going to have 40 players and won’t be comparable to BFV’s conquest in terms of size. The questions your asking are assuming to much and from what we’ve seems so far, I doubt we’re gonna have the fluid Space to Ground combat of Battlefront 2005 and team play of BFV. Let’s hope we do get things like vehicle transports and space to ground combat but I highly highly doubt it. Keep your expectations low so if it’s bad, you won’t be too disappointed.
  • Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    edited February 19
    I’ll also add that as EA exclusively have the rights to Star Wars there’s no real commercial benefit to keeping information hidden away until the very last minute.
  • Lol next update literally comes out next week and we still don't know about anything except for the emote wheel, I don't understand how this is considered a good handling of communications, I stopped playing last week only because of this. And let's not forget how Dooku was handled.
  • ayoub786 wrote: »
    All reasonable questions.
    From what I’ve seen in the past, this game mode is still only going to have 40 players and won’t be comparable to BFV’s conquest in terms of size. The questions your asking are assuming to much and from what we’ve seems so far, I doubt we’re gonna have the fluid Space to Ground combat of Battlefront 2005 and team play of BFV. Let’s hope we do get things like vehicle transports and space to ground combat but I highly highly doubt it. Keep your expectations low so if it’s bad, you won’t be too disappointed.

    What your saying is basically GA with Capital Ships but how would that be non-linear or sandbox? Who really knows when it comes BFII, but with all due respect the only answers that matter are the one's from EA/DICE.

    Why would they come out with a game mode with only 40 players and maps that are significantly larger?Geonosis is already almost too big for GA and the boundaries will be expanded with the new game mode.
  • Jakeman wrote: »
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    Patience for what? What in past updates would lead you to believe this?
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    This is so ridiculous to say at this point with Battlefront 2. Everybody still here has been more than “patient” with every single aspect of this game.

    Patience because it is a video game and it literally doesn't have any impact on any of our lives if we know details about this mode today or in 1-5 weeks. I'll take my approach, and you guys can keep being outraged over it. Just understand you're choosing to be upset (or however you are feeling) over this game.

    So why are you here? It's just a game that has no impact on your life, so why are you here on the official forums commenting on it
  • Secreta don't make friends
  • Jakeman wrote: »
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    Patience for what? What in past updates would lead you to believe this?
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    This is so ridiculous to say at this point with Battlefront 2. Everybody still here has been more than “patient” with every single aspect of this game.

    Patience because it is a video game and it literally doesn't have any impact on any of our lives if we know details about this mode today or in 1-5 weeks. I'll take my approach, and you guys can keep being outraged over it. Just understand you're choosing to be upset (or however you are feeling) over this game.

    So why are you here? It's just a game that has no impact on your life, so why are you here on the official forums commenting on it

    That's a silly question. I said to have patience and not get upset because the game has no bearing on any of our lives. I didn't say they shouldn't post here. See the difference? They can be upset all they want, but it's just wasted energy being upset about something they have no control over.
  • answers may be coming soonTM
  • Jakeman wrote: »
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    Patience for what? What in past updates would lead you to believe this?
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    This is so ridiculous to say at this point with Battlefront 2. Everybody still here has been more than “patient” with every single aspect of this game.

    Patience because it is a video game and it literally doesn't have any impact on any of our lives if we know details about this mode today or in 1-5 weeks. I'll take my approach, and you guys can keep being outraged over it. Just understand you're choosing to be upset (or however you are feeling) over this game.

    So why are you here? It's just a game that has no impact on your life, so why are you here on the official forums commenting on it

    That's a silly question. I said to have patience and not get upset because the game has no bearing on any of our lives. I didn't say they shouldn't post here. See the difference? They can be upset all they want, but it's just wasted energy being upset about something they have no control over.

    Forget it's a game.....it's a product, one which we have invested time into and in which we are not being treated well in using. As a customer we have had plenty of patience, but now it is running thin. See the difference?

    No, I don't see the difference. Playing video games is not investing your time. Investments have a return, and playings games has no return. We aren't being treated well? Don't be so dramatic. We are not entitled to more content. People should be happy we've gotten any additional content at all after their loot box casino was ruined for them. You guys can continue to waste your time and mental energy losing patience over this game. Good luck to you. I'll choose to not waste my mental energy on things that I cannot control.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    2102 posts Member
    edited February 20
    Jakeman wrote: »
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    Patience for what? What in past updates would lead you to believe this?
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    This is so ridiculous to say at this point with Battlefront 2. Everybody still here has been more than “patient” with every single aspect of this game.

    Patience because it is a video game and it literally doesn't have any impact on any of our lives if we know details about this mode today or in 1-5 weeks. I'll take my approach, and you guys can keep being outraged over it. Just understand you're choosing to be upset (or however you are feeling) over this game.

    So why are you here? It's just a game that has no impact on your life, so why are you here on the official forums commenting on it

    That's a silly question. I said to have patience and not get upset because the game has no bearing on any of our lives. I didn't say they shouldn't post here. See the difference? They can be upset all they want, but it's just wasted energy being upset about something they have no control over.

    Forget it's a game.....it's a product, one which we have invested time into and in which we are not being treated well in using. As a customer we have had plenty of patience, but now it is running thin. See the difference?

    No, I don't see the difference. Playing video games is not investing your time. Investments have a return, and playings games has no return. We aren't being treated well? Don't be so dramatic. We are not entitled to more content. People should be happy we've gotten any additional content at all after their loot box casino was ruined for them. You guys can continue to waste your time and mental energy losing patience over this game. Good luck to you. I'll choose to not waste my mental energy on things that I cannot control.

    That's a low bar my friend. It seems you would have been totally satisfied with BF15 without any of its DLC. Some people really CARE about SW games and want to be apart of its continuing development discussions. If you're so "patient" and satisfied...then you dont seem to care as much. But you're speaking to those "care-hards" in this forum, hah. You're going to get retorts to statements like "its whatever, you're lucky to get anything, be patient after 1 year and 3 months".
  • mandalorj wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    Patience for what? What in past updates would lead you to believe this?
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    This is so ridiculous to say at this point with Battlefront 2. Everybody still here has been more than “patient” with every single aspect of this game.

    Patience because it is a video game and it literally doesn't have any impact on any of our lives if we know details about this mode today or in 1-5 weeks. I'll take my approach, and you guys can keep being outraged over it. Just understand you're choosing to be upset (or however you are feeling) over this game.

    So why are you here? It's just a game that has no impact on your life, so why are you here on the official forums commenting on it

    That's a silly question. I said to have patience and not get upset because the game has no bearing on any of our lives. I didn't say they shouldn't post here. See the difference? They can be upset all they want, but it's just wasted energy being upset about something they have no control over.

    Forget it's a game.....it's a product, one which we have invested time into and in which we are not being treated well in using. As a customer we have had plenty of patience, but now it is running thin. See the difference?

    No, I don't see the difference. Playing video games is not investing your time. Investments have a return, and playings games has no return. We aren't being treated well? Don't be so dramatic. We are not entitled to more content. People should be happy we've gotten any additional content at all after their loot box casino was ruined for them. You guys can continue to waste your time and mental energy losing patience over this game. Good luck to you. I'll choose to not waste my mental energy on things that I cannot control.

    Playing video games is investing your time. I own my own business, if I don't work, there's a really good chance I don't make money. Knowing that, I have to schedule, and yes, people who are their own bosses usually schedule their recreation as well. When I invest time in my own recreation, the return is enjoyment, relaxation, etc. etc. time is the one asset that you can not buy or get back regardless of how rich or talented you are yet it is the asset that is, often most taken for granted. So, yes, playing video games is an investment, as is anything you give your time to.

    Okay buddy....whatever you say. I'll just agree to disagree with you.
  • A return is not always monetary, ever heard an old person say they wished they would have made more time to spend with their kids who are now grown and gone? Or someone saying they wished they would have done x with person y before they passed away? C'mon you know the intent behind the meaning, you're just being contrary b/c you don't care for the other persons point of view.
  • I didn't say anything about monetary gain. I'll take your example. If you invest your time into spending it with your loved ones, you have likely increased your bond with those people. That is a return. If you go to the gym for an hour, your return is your sick gainz. If you spend an hour playing guitar, your return is improving. These things cannot be taken from you. Spending an hour playing video games does not have a return. EA will shut down the servers one day so it will be taken from you. This is just my opinion. I am not knocking people that like to play games. I play this game a few hours per week. I personally waste too much time of these forums and reddit, and I wouldn't call it an investment just because I enjoy it.

    My only point in responding to this thread is to recommend that people not get so worked up over things that they cannot control. The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.
  • . The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    One week to the update and still 3 CTs to go, they are pulling another "count dooku" on us, which means they will probably drop them after the update, "hey come check out this new feature that will release yesterday".
  • I didn't say anything about monetary gain. I'll take your example. If you invest your time into spending it with your loved ones, you have likely increased your bond with those people. That is a return. If you go to the gym for an hour, your return is your sick gainz. If you spend an hour playing guitar, your return is improving. These things cannot be taken from you. Spending an hour playing video games does not have a return. EA will shut down the servers one day so it will be taken from you. This is just my opinion. I am not knocking people that like to play games. I play this game a few hours per week. I personally waste too much time of these forums and reddit, and I wouldn't call it an investment just because I enjoy it.

    My only point in responding to this thread is to recommend that people not get so worked up over things that they cannot control. The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    If you play a video game, your return is getting better at said game, making more friends, better hand-eye coordination, better teamwork skills. You may not agree, but its a fact, you do get return from playing games. Also, just because something will be taken away from you in the end, doesn't mean it was a wasted investment.
    Ps, with your examples, spending time with loved ones can be taken from you, going to the gym can be taken from you, playing a guitar can be taken from you. Nevertheless, ensuring something can't be taken from you is not a criteria for good investment.
  • FourStringBass4
    1890 posts Member
    edited February 20
    I didn't say anything about monetary gain. I'll take your example. If you invest your time into spending it with your loved ones, you have likely increased your bond with those people. That is a return. If you go to the gym for an hour, your return is your sick gainz. If you spend an hour playing guitar, your return is improving. These things cannot be taken from you. Spending an hour playing video games does not have a return. EA will shut down the servers one day so it will be taken from you. This is just my opinion. I am not knocking people that like to play games. I play this game a few hours per week. I personally waste too much time of these forums and reddit, and I wouldn't call it an investment just because I enjoy it.

    My only point in responding to this thread is to recommend that people not get so worked up over things that they cannot control. The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    If you play a video game, your return is getting better at said game, making more friends, better hand-eye coordination, better teamwork skills. You may not agree, but its a fact, you do get return from playing games. Also, just because something will be taken away from you in the end, doesn't mean it was a wasted investment.
    Ps, with your examples, spending time with loved ones can be taken from you, going to the gym can be taken from you, playing a guitar can be taken from you. Nevertheless, ensuring something can't be taken from you is not a criteria for good investment.

    Jesus Christ man....fine call it an investment of your time if you want. I disagree, and that is okay. We don't have to agree on it. Really this gotten to be a pretty ridiculous discussion at this point. You guys can continue to be upset over the content on this. I was just pointing out that it is not worth being upset over things you cannot control. Do what you want though. It doesn't matter to me.

  • . The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    One week to the update and still 3 CTs to go, they are pulling another "count dooku" on us, which means they will probably drop them after the update, "hey come check out this new feature that will release yesterday".

    Yeah and that turned out okay.... It's not a real issue at all so don't pretend it is.
  • I didn't say anything about monetary gain. I'll take your example. If you invest your time into spending it with your loved ones, you have likely increased your bond with those people. That is a return. If you go to the gym for an hour, your return is your sick gainz. If you spend an hour playing guitar, your return is improving. These things cannot be taken from you. Spending an hour playing video games does not have a return. EA will shut down the servers one day so it will be taken from you. This is just my opinion. I am not knocking people that like to play games. I play this game a few hours per week. I personally waste too much time of these forums and reddit, and I wouldn't call it an investment just because I enjoy it.

    My only point in responding to this thread is to recommend that people not get so worked up over things that they cannot control. The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    If you play a video game, your return is getting better at said game, making more friends, better hand-eye coordination, better teamwork skills. You may not agree, but its a fact, you do get return from playing games. Also, just because something will be taken away from you in the end, doesn't mean it was a wasted investment.
    Ps, with your examples, spending time with loved ones can be taken from you, going to the gym can be taken from you, playing a guitar can be taken from you. Nevertheless, ensuring something can't be taken from you is not a criteria for good investment.

    Jesus Christ man....fine call it an investment of your time if you want. I disagree, and that is okay. We don't have to agree on it. Really this gotten to be a pretty ridiculous discussion at this point. You guys can continue to be upset over the content on this. I was just pointing out that it is not worth being upset over things you cannot control. Do what you want though. It doesn't matter to me.

    Oh wow, I'd love to tear this down, but we need to get back to the topic.
  • I didn't say anything about monetary gain. I'll take your example. If you invest your time into spending it with your loved ones, you have likely increased your bond with those people. That is a return. If you go to the gym for an hour, your return is your sick gainz. If you spend an hour playing guitar, your return is improving. These things cannot be taken from you. Spending an hour playing video games does not have a return. EA will shut down the servers one day so it will be taken from you. This is just my opinion. I am not knocking people that like to play games. I play this game a few hours per week. I personally waste too much time of these forums and reddit, and I wouldn't call it an investment just because I enjoy it.

    My only point in responding to this thread is to recommend that people not get so worked up over things that they cannot control. The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    If you play a video game, your return is getting better at said game, making more friends, better hand-eye coordination, better teamwork skills. You may not agree, but its a fact, you do get return from playing games. Also, just because something will be taken away from you in the end, doesn't mean it was a wasted investment.
    Ps, with your examples, spending time with loved ones can be taken from you, going to the gym can be taken from you, playing a guitar can be taken from you. Nevertheless, ensuring something can't be taken from you is not a criteria for good investment.

    Jesus Christ man....fine call it an investment of your time if you want. I disagree, and that is okay. We don't have to agree on it. Really this gotten to be a pretty ridiculous discussion at this point. You guys can continue to be upset over the content on this. I was just pointing out that it is not worth being upset over things you cannot control. Do what you want though. It doesn't matter to me.

    Oh wow, I'd love to tear this down, but we need to get back to the topic.

    The use of "Jesus Christ" usually implies frustration, the very thing he's telling others not to feel. ?????
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • . The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    One week to the update and still 3 CTs to go, they are pulling another "count dooku" on us, which means they will probably drop them after the update, "hey come check out this new feature that will release yesterday".

    Literally thinking the same thing. 1 week left literally no idea what's happening. They really need to stop being so defensive when people ask questions too.
  • I didn't say anything about monetary gain. I'll take your example. If you invest your time into spending it with your loved ones, you have likely increased your bond with those people. That is a return. If you go to the gym for an hour, your return is your sick gainz. If you spend an hour playing guitar, your return is improving. These things cannot be taken from you. Spending an hour playing video games does not have a return. EA will shut down the servers one day so it will be taken from you. This is just my opinion. I am not knocking people that like to play games. I play this game a few hours per week. I personally waste too much time of these forums and reddit, and I wouldn't call it an investment just because I enjoy it.

    My only point in responding to this thread is to recommend that people not get so worked up over things that they cannot control. The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    If you play a video game, your return is getting better at said game, making more friends, better hand-eye coordination, better teamwork skills. You may not agree, but its a fact, you do get return from playing games. Also, just because something will be taken away from you in the end, doesn't mean it was a wasted investment.
    Ps, with your examples, spending time with loved ones can be taken from you, going to the gym can be taken from you, playing a guitar can be taken from you. Nevertheless, ensuring something can't be taken from you is not a criteria for good investment.

    Jesus Christ man....fine call it an investment of your time if you want. I disagree, and that is okay. We don't have to agree on it. Really this gotten to be a pretty ridiculous discussion at this point. You guys can continue to be upset over the content on this. I was just pointing out that it is not worth being upset over things you cannot control. Do what you want though. It doesn't matter to me.

    Sorry, but your call to action and overall substance of your repetitive posts are contradictory. You’re responses come across as hypocritical.

    You can’t claim that something doesn’t matter to you, yet keep engaging with those having an opposing opinion, implying that their’s is wrong. From reading the exchange, it was quite clear that you lost your argument regarding time spent in game. Whether or not the statement itself is true (highly subjective, IMHO), the opponents listed valid points, thus winning.

    Your response was to start getting upset, tossing out (what some would consider) profanities; give the cliche “agree to disagree”; and immediately follow that with a “you’re wrong” claim.

    To quote you: “...it is not worth being upset over things you cannot control”.
  • FourStringBass4
    1890 posts Member
    edited February 20
    Deleted
    Post edited by FourStringBass4 on
  • I didn't say anything about monetary gain. I'll take your example. If you invest your time into spending it with your loved ones, you have likely increased your bond with those people. That is a return. If you go to the gym for an hour, your return is your sick gainz. If you spend an hour playing guitar, your return is improving. These things cannot be taken from you. Spending an hour playing video games does not have a return. EA will shut down the servers one day so it will be taken from you. This is just my opinion. I am not knocking people that like to play games. I play this game a few hours per week. I personally waste too much time of these forums and reddit, and I wouldn't call it an investment just because I enjoy it.

    My only point in responding to this thread is to recommend that people not get so worked up over things that they cannot control. The content and CTs will arrive when they arrive.

    If you play a video game, your return is getting better at said game, making more friends, better hand-eye coordination, better teamwork skills. You may not agree, but its a fact, you do get return from playing games. Also, just because something will be taken away from you in the end, doesn't mean it was a wasted investment.
    Ps, with your examples, spending time with loved ones can be taken from you, going to the gym can be taken from you, playing a guitar can be taken from you. Nevertheless, ensuring something can't be taken from you is not a criteria for good investment.

    Jesus Christ man....fine call it an investment of your time if you want. I disagree, and that is okay. We don't have to agree on it. Really this gotten to be a pretty ridiculous discussion at this point. You guys can continue to be upset over the content on this. I was just pointing out that it is not worth being upset over things you cannot control. Do what you want though. It doesn't matter to me.

    Oh wow, I'd love to tear this down, but we need to get back to the topic.

    The use of "Jesus Christ" usually implies frustration, the very thing he's telling others not to feel. ?????

    I'm not frustrated at all. I don't get frustrated over forums( Except having to retype this because my edit deleted my original reply). I don't really care about continuing to discuss whether or not video games are a investment of one's time, and I was amused at the lengths he appeared to go to to say it was. I've even said numerous times that is okay for people to disagree. I wish I hadn't even commented on the original person that called it an investment of his time. I got caught up in the semantics of the use the word investment instead of spent, and that was a poor choice on my part. If you view it as an investment, that is fine. I am allowed to disagree with you.

    And normally I use Jesus Christ when I see a beautiful woman or when I find something to be ridiculous.
  • Moving right along.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Knight_of_Onions
    469 posts Member
    edited February 20
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.

    Well put.

    Edit: stealing it for my sig too.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Jakeman wrote: »
    ayoub786 wrote: »
    All reasonable questions.
    From what I’ve seen in the past, this game mode is still only going to have 40 players and won’t be comparable to BFV’s conquest in terms of size. The questions your asking are assuming to much and from what we’ve seems so far, I doubt we’re gonna have the fluid Space to Ground combat of Battlefront 2005 and team play of BFV. Let’s hope we do get things like vehicle transports and space to ground combat but I highly highly doubt it. Keep your expectations low so if it’s bad, you won’t be too disappointed.

    What your saying is basically GA with Capital Ships but how would that be non-linear or sandbox? Who really knows when it comes BFII, but with all due respect the only answers that matter are the one's from EA/DICE.

    Why would they come out with a game mode with only 40 players and maps that are significantly larger?Geonosis is already almost too big for GA and the boundaries will be expanded with the new game mode.

    Sorry that I can off as a bit of an *** but I do remember that the devs did confirm a while ago that it would only have 40 players. And based on how little content we get I am very positive that they’re gonna be reusing the galactic assault maps. In all honesty they have literally been working on this for a while so there may be a possibility they surprise is but don’t get your hopes up.
  • ayoub786 wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    ayoub786 wrote: »
    All reasonable questions.
    From what I’ve seen in the past, this game mode is still only going to have 40 players and won’t be comparable to BFV’s conquest in terms of size. The questions your asking are assuming to much and from what we’ve seems so far, I doubt we’re gonna have the fluid Space to Ground combat of Battlefront 2005 and team play of BFV. Let’s hope we do get things like vehicle transports and space to ground combat but I highly highly doubt it. Keep your expectations low so if it’s bad, you won’t be too disappointed.

    What your saying is basically GA with Capital Ships but how would that be non-linear or sandbox? Who really knows when it comes BFII, but with all due respect the only answers that matter are the one's from EA/DICE.

    Why would they come out with a game mode with only 40 players and maps that are significantly larger?Geonosis is already almost too big for GA and the boundaries will be expanded with the new game mode.

    Sorry that I can off as a bit of an *** but I do remember that the devs did confirm a while ago that it would only have 40 players. And based on how little content we get I am very positive that they’re gonna be reusing the galactic assault maps. In all honesty they have literally been working on this for a while so there may be a possibility they surprise is but don’t get your hopes up.

    However, it will contain Capital ships, so it won't exactly be the GA maps and you probably will spend more time on the ships than on the ground (depending on how the gamemode works)
  • Jakeman wrote: »
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    Patience for what? What in past updates would lead you to believe this?
    They'll tell us soon. Just have a bit more patience. It won't be out until the end of March anyway so we have about 5-6 weeks still.

    This is so ridiculous to say at this point with Battlefront 2. Everybody still here has been more than “patient” with every single aspect of this game.

    Patience because it is a video game and it literally doesn't have any impact on any of our lives if we know details about this mode today or in 1-5 weeks. I'll take my approach, and you guys can keep being outraged over it. Just understand you're choosing to be upset (or however you are feeling) over this game.

    So why are you here? It's just a game that has no impact on your life, so why are you here on the official forums commenting on it

    That's a silly question. I said to have patience and not get upset because the game has no bearing on any of our lives. I didn't say they shouldn't post here. See the difference? They can be upset all they want, but it's just wasted energy being upset about something they have no control over.

    Forget it's a game.....it's a product, one which we have invested time into and in which we are not being treated well in using. As a customer we have had plenty of patience, but now it is running thin. See the difference?

    I agree. We were promised a live service. Stupid me even pre ordered... And then the CW crowd took over. What kind of a service is this when I have no new content to play?

    Now the biggest update so far is just going to be a CW map? One map at that? That is unacceptable.
  • Moving right along.

    I really wish they would... <yawn>. Anyway, forum spats aside, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about all the demands and/or wishes in contrast to the CT and communication absences.

    On one hand I sympathise if not empathise with those who are frustrated, but on the other, I feel like I've paid similar prices for games in the past that do not have regular (or irregular!) updates, DLC or this Live Service claim (which I'm still trying to define in my own head), and I've never felt frustrated or entitled to more.

    Maybe I'm missing the point but I can't see one.

    But, the one thing I do agree summarily with all on here who complain about it, is the bugs. I'd much rather they were sorted before anything else was added (if they are mutually exclusive, that is).

    pH
Sign In or Register to comment.