criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Why Hero Cross-Era is good but mixing Phase I and II is NOT

I'm tired of reading "oh, mixing phases is not cool but heey we have Kylo in Naboo and Maul in Hoth".

Despite the fact I love accurated things in the eras, the era lock event was boring. People wanna play with heroes because playing with them is funny. The lack of heroes is not. If we had a lot of OT PT and ST heroes then era-lock should be a must, but playing just with Phasma and Kylo for the FO is just boring. I like the cross era because it makes the game funnier.

But what about mixing clone phases? That is not good. If we focus on the context of the battles, they are related to events from the movies. Forget the heroes here. I won't like the idea of playing with Phase II in Geonosis, or Phase I in Kashyyyk.

And mixing them is a bad step. A Phase I never fougth alongside a Phase II. I can deal with rainbow Clones (various legions deployed in a planet), but both phases?
Literally is like an EEUU spec ops from 2019 playing alongside a WWII EEUU Marine.

Replies

• Well it’s a choice non the less though most would probably go for phase 2 for all maps than 1. Which is alright.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Learn to let go of everything you fear to lose.
  • "Why these complaints are pointless and serve only to enhance my ego" Part 1 of (to be determined)
  • Cross era hero gameplay does something for the gameplay. It makes it more fun. Mixing phase 1 and 2 clones does nothing for gameplay, it only breaks the immersion
  • 1st world problems
  • You asked for more customisation, there you have it. Why make such a big deal?
  • Of all the things to be bothered by, you chose the mixing of phase I & II clone skins?
    “You can’t stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting.” – Shmi Skywalker
  • I tend to agree here. ST maps suffer significantly when heroes are era locked. PT and OT feel fine. Add a couple more Heroes to the ST and I think it would be a nice Event on occasion. But as the game stands now, due to the limited amount of heroes, I think the Event is poopies.
  • Jakeman wrote: »
    Of all the things to be bothered by, you chose the mixing of phase I & II clone skins?
    “You can’t stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting.” – Shmi Skywalker

I'm bothered by all of it; cross-era heroes, rainbow clone troopers, multi-phase troopers, lack of new weapons, only 1 new large-scale map in a whole year, the complete abandonment of content for SA, lack of skins for Stormtroopers and First Order Troopers, a protracted content update that's gone on for 7 months, numerous well-known bugs that remain unfixed, terrible hero balancing, etc.
    In this particular case, there are so many ways to improve player choice when it comes clone appearances that are better than this, but I guess that would require actual effort and resources which both seem to be lacking right now if this is the best they can come up with.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • JawaLover wrote: »
    Cross era hero gameplay does something for the gameplay. It makes it more fun. Mixing phase 1 and 2 clones does nothing for gameplay, it only breaks the immersion

You really need to re-read this statement...think it through.
  • I Have to agree here, despite my support of cross era Heroes Phase I and Phase 2 troopers fighting together is just off. There is a certain dichotomy between Heroes and the environment they play in, and troopers kinda fit into the environment clause. It's the same reason we don't see death troopers fighting in the republic, or other cross era infantry play.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • "Why these complaints are pointless and serve only to enhance my ego" Part 1 of (to be determined)

hahahahahah so on point
  • Piscettios
    6077 posts Member
    edited February 21
    Zyder wrote: »
    If we focus on the context of the battles, they are related to events from the movies.

Like that one time the clone troops battled it out on the streets of Theed?
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • meshugene89
    3727 posts Member
    edited February 21
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Zyder wrote: »
    If we focus on the context of the battles, they are related to events from the movies.

Like that one time the clone troops battled it out on the streets of Theed?

Theed was added purely because it's an iconic location and one that was highly requested having been in the previous Battlefront. It may be the only that isn't based off an actual battle from Star Wars lore, but even if it did it would've happened at a time when clones were either using Phase I armour or Phase II.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • I'm not a fan of either, personally.
  • Honestly if we have cross era heroes how could you draw the line at phases being mixed

Cross Era heroes is the virus while mixed phases is a symptom
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Honestly if we have cross era heroes how could you draw the line at phases being mixed

Cross Era heroes is the virus while mixed phases is a symptom

The line was already drawn with cross-era heroes, this is just deepening that line like with the rainbow troopers.
    My Concepts