criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Does anyone actually like BF2017's class system?

2Next

Replies

  • Be honest, who actually likes this system? Give me some reasons why you think it's good if you do.

    Yes I do. I like that there is a tactical component where you have to decide how you are going to contribute to overall goals. I wish that there was a better reward system for squad contributions. There is not enough incentive to play together.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I was initially not a fan when I heard classes were being introduced but I think they did a good job with them. I’m sure someone could come up with tweaks here and there but the classes I was impressed with. Mostly the people I see complain about it just want to take the good parts of each class to create an overall meta and I’m glad we have to pick and choose based on situation.

    The pick and choose based on situation really only applies to GA for all other modes it kind of takes the skill away by NOT making you play/adapt to what's in front of you...This mixes up a game mode IMO. Any METAS in BF15 were down to DICE not the classless system per se

  • I like the class system in that each has their own pros, cons, and cards, but I wish that there was more load out customization like in Battlefront 2015. You only get to pick between 3 cards as it is, and some of them aren’t even viable.

    But there aren't pros, only cons. Without a class system, you could still use all the exact same loadouts that each class can use now, PLUS your own combinations.

    Pro: I don’t get bored when going up against enemy soldiers who have the same loadout each time (jetpacks and bacta bombs anyone?).

    *facepalm* For the love of God, how many times does it have to be pointed out - people didn't use jetpacks and bacta because there wasn't a class system, people used jetpacks and bacta because they were the most useful cards, and if you could get a jetpack card now, for any class other than a reinforcement, EVERYBODY WOULD BE PLAYING THAT CLASS 90% OF THE TIME.
  • rollind24
    5846 posts Member
    edited February 11
    I like the class system in that each has their own pros, cons, and cards, but I wish that there was more load out customization like in Battlefront 2015. You only get to pick between 3 cards as it is, and some of them aren’t even viable.

    But there aren't pros, only cons. Without a class system, you could still use all the exact same loadouts that each class can use now, PLUS your own combinations.

    Pro: I don’t get bored when going up against enemy soldiers who have the same loadout each time (jetpacks and bacta bombs anyone?).

    *facepalm* For the love of God, how many times does it have to be pointed out - people didn't use jetpacks and bacta because there wasn't a class system, people used jetpacks and bacta because they were the most useful cards, and if you could get a jetpack card now, for any class other than a reinforcement, EVERYBODY WOULD BE PLAYING THAT CLASS 90% OF THE TIME.

    Well if Bacta and Jetpack were split between two classes they wouldn’t be able to use them together. It’s a good thing Jetpack are relegated to their own class

    Your argument is reasoning that all cards would be equal which will never happen.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I was initially not a fan when I heard classes were being introduced but I think they did a good job with them. I’m sure someone could come up with tweaks here and there but the classes I was impressed with. Mostly the people I see complain about it just want to take the good parts of each class to create an overall meta and I’m glad we have to pick and choose based on situation.

    The pick and choose based on situation really only applies to GA for all other modes it kind of takes the skill away by NOT making you play/adapt to what's in front of you...This mixes up a game mode IMO. Any METAS in BF15 were down to DICE not the classless system per se


    True. The meta never bothered me much anyways. There was a built in counter that was looked down on that people would throw hissy fits about when it was used.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Nope, don’t like it

    Prefer bf15 in most aspects to be fair
  • It has potential. But it does fall a tad short.

    If you could select 2-3 booster cards -AND- the classic 3 ability cards, I think it'd be a bit more engaging.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • I think it's safe to say that we've learnt a lot from both Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) when it comes to this. Different players want different things and how they play out can vary hugely.

    Setting it up for a Battlefront 3 announcement?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I think it's safe to say that we've learnt a lot from both Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) when it comes to this. Different players want different things and how they play out can vary hugely.

    Some kind of hybridization of the two systems for Battlefront 3 then? Class system returning, but being less restrictive on which weapons and star cards which classes can use perhaps? That is of course assuming that EA/DICE plans to make a Battlefront 3.
  • I think it's safe to say that we've learnt a lot from both Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) when it comes to this. Different players want different things and how they play out can vary hugely.

    Setting it up for a Battlefront 3 announcement?

    CONFIRMED?
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • As has been commented already, all the classes need new blasters/weapons/abilities and skins. Can't even get attachments for default blasters but we are getting an emote wheel? (Something is not right with whomever is prioritizing content or they have turned a deaf ear to the community when it comes to new blasters and new maps.)

    While I'm ok with the class system I'm not sure I'd miss it if it went away.
    #StarWars-y
  • I think it's safe to say that we've learnt a lot from both Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) when it comes to this. Different players want different things and how they play out can vary hugely.

    Setting it up for a Battlefront 3 announcement?
    I hope not I'd rather they support this game rather than essentially start back at square one with a new game
  • Haha, damn. I can't say anything without people pulling it apart. No tease. Just an open comment that both games have been great learnings. Launch-BII is fairly different in terms of balancing compared to where it is now and there's more we can do.
  • Yes, Yes I do. We exist! All classes are a viable option to play as
  • Haha, damn. I can't say anything without people pulling it apart. No tease. Just an open comment that both games have been great learnings. Launch-BII is fairly different in terms of balancing compared to where it is now and there's more we can do.

    Old Ben Legendary skin confirmation?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I liked the last games system better. Wish it where still that way but with the bigger roster of cards we have now.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • This is the only place in the internet where people like the jetpack and bacta bomb 2015 system more! I don't get it :| Classes all the way!
  • This is the only place in the internet where people like the jetpack and bacta bomb 2015 system more! I don't get it :| Classes all the way!

    there were plenty of counters for the Bacta/jumpack combo, and they could have easily nerfed the bacta bomb, jump pack, and bubble shield if they wanted to, but sadly the game no longer gets support.
  • This is the only place in the internet where people like the jetpack and bacta bomb 2015 system more! I don't get it :| Classes all the way!

    You don't remember the great Officersplosion of 2018? Where the GA battlefield was overrun by officers because of all the battlepoints you could farm with them? Then they got nerfed and it got balanced.
    Classes do NOT stop particular cards from being overpowered, as I already said, if one class had a jetpack then that would be the class everyone played. People are mistaking careful card balancing for classes being "better" than classless. It's nonsense.
    I asked before and none of the class lovers dared answer, so I will ask again - in the current game, if you took all the classes away so any card combo was possible, what would be the loadout everyone would use? Because the answer is - there wouldn't be one, due to better card balance.
  • This is the only place in the internet where people like the jetpack and bacta bomb 2015 system more! I don't get it :| Classes all the way!

    You don't remember the great Officersplosion of 2018? Where the GA battlefield was overrun by officers because of all the battlepoints you could farm with them? Then they got nerfed and it got balanced.
    Classes do NOT stop particular cards from being overpowered, as I already said, if one class had a jetpack then that would be the class everyone played. People are mistaking careful card balancing for classes being "better" than classless. It's nonsense.
    I asked before and none of the class lovers dared answer, so I will ask again - in the current game, if you took all the classes away so any card combo was possible, what would be the loadout everyone would use? Because the answer is - there wouldn't be one, due to better card balance.

    I agree. All the class system does is disguise it. Not only that, it restricts the hell out of the options the player has to do what he or she wants to be.

    Like I said, all they had to do with the bacta bomb and jump pack was make a couple small adjustments and possibly exclude the two from certain matches. Honestly the Bacta bomb and jump pack sound good on paper, but they really didn't need to be in the game at all.
  • This is the only place in the internet where people like the jetpack and bacta bomb 2015 system more! I don't get it :| Classes all the way!

    I like the system now and I am an unashamed Explosive Shot counter user from the first game. The hatemail from bacta users was glorious
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I like the class system, but I feel like a) some of the boost cards should be transfered to passives (i.e. bodyguard, marksman, expert weapons handling and each class specific boost cards which start at base and multiply like in BF15) and b) there needs to be a few more tweaks to make each feel unique.

    Heavy and officer are pretty close, but assault and specialist lack. I'd like to see the multiplier return as a meter for vanguard. Get a certain number of kills with it activated to unlock the x2, which can only be used in vanguard. Specialist should have a shorter time limit for spotting with the binoculars and give extra BP for headshot kills, as well as savior points.

    I'd also like them add some form of communication similar to Apex. That would greatly help gameplay-wise and slightly close the gap, advantage-wise that parties have in this game.
  • Smattonellus
    730 posts Member
    edited February 22
    Sure do, it's the most star wars battlefront ish thing we have in the game right now, sure could be improved, but definitely better than the setup system a la cod from 2015, want to play cod/battlefield? Do it, want true battlefront? Don't complain about classes because they were there from the start
  • Sure do, it's the most star wars battlefront ish thing we have in the game right now, sure could be improved, but definitely better than the setup system a la cod from 2015, want to play cod/battlefield? Do it, want true battlefront? Don't complain about classes because they were there from the start

    Poorly implemented class system that restricts weapons, skins, and abilities to nonsense "classes" and negatively impacts the game in every single way = true battlefront?

    Sorry, but I never even liked the old battlefront all that much, it was overrated in every single way, partially because of the class system.

    What DICE did in BF2015 was create an identity for their Battlefront game and even though it wasn't perfect, it gave the player actual freedom to play how they wanted.

    but unfortunately, the bellyaching and crybaby "feedback" from people like you was just too loud to ignore, so what did they do with BF2017? They made a crappier version of Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and a pay-to-win progression system that continues to tarnish the entire game even to this day, regardless that the paid progression went away, the stain it left is just too foul.

    You say that BF2015 resembles COD? lol Way to cop out of presenting an actual argument and using the generic "oh that game is just another COD skin" which BF2015 is obviously not. Sounds like someone got worked a bit too hard on the BF2015 lobbies and enjoys the noob hand-holding of BF2017. hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Sure do, it's the most star wars battlefront ish thing we have in the game right now, sure could be improved, but definitely better than the setup system a la cod from 2015, want to play cod/battlefield? Do it, want true battlefront? Don't complain about classes because they were there from the start

    Poorly implemented class system that restricts weapons, skins, and abilities to nonsense "classes" and negatively impacts the game in every single way = true battlefront?

    Sorry, but I never even liked the old battlefront all that much, it was overrated in every single way, partially because of the class system.

    What DICE did in BF2015 was create an identity for their Battlefront game and even though it wasn't perfect, it gave the player actual freedom to play how they wanted.

    but unfortunately, the bellyaching and crybaby "feedback" from people like you was just too loud to ignore, so what did they do with BF2017? They made a crappier version of Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and a pay-to-win progression system that continues to tarnish the entire game even to this day, regardless that the paid progression went away, the stain it left is just too foul.

    You say that BF2015 resembles COD? lol Way to cop out of presenting an actual argument and using the generic "oh that game is just another COD skin" which BF2015 is obviously not. Sounds like someone got worked a bit too hard on the BF2015 lobbies and enjoys the noob hand-holding of BF2017. hahahahahahahahahaha

    Like it or not true battlefront has classes, 2015 was the stray one. You talk about restrictions, I say variety, with loadout system every player goes for the meta, and that was blatant in 2015 with everyone slotting jetpack, at least with classes you force some semblance of variety. The pay to win system was EA's fault so don't blame it on people who wanted a more traditional title. 2015 is exactly a star wars skinned cod/battlefield, with the following differences:heroes, no mods on weapons.... Ops that's it. The gunplay felt exactly like one of the above titles, where you die in approximately 2-3 shots, loadouts definitely come from call of duty and then other games followed through. Freedom to play how you wanted, lol, just to choose your gun, as i already said starcards were always the same 2, now you get to choose your weapon along with different abilities instead of the usual jetpack-bacta bomb.I didn't enjoy 2015 and yes I got a lot of punishment, but didn't suck, I always made to the upper half. I like the noob hand-holding because it's more reminiscent of how the original battlefront plays, and I assure you I hate oneshotting weapons.
  • I like the class system. It prevents there being essentially just a single loadout.
  • Frimmel wrote: »
    I like the class system. It prevents there being essentially just a single loadout.

    Good grief. No, the absence of a jetpack (or any other massively "more useful than all the others" card) prevents there being a single loadout.
    I ask again - third time now, still no answer - if we had the cards we have now, but no class system, what would be the "single loadout"?
  • I ask again - third time now, still no answer - if we had the cards we have now, but no class system, what would be the "single loadout"?

    Assaults A280. Officers improved command. Bounty Hunter. Maybe the turret, Heavy shield, or toughen up. It hardly matters though, even with the current class set up and squads, theres hardly any team play and a vast majority are running the same weapons, and cards give or take 1 within the same class. 2015 hands down had the better model.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Frimmel wrote: »
    I like the class system. It prevents there being essentially just a single loadout.

    Good grief. No, the absence of a jetpack (or any other massively "more useful than all the others" card) prevents there being a single loadout.
    I ask again - third time now, still no answer - if we had the cards we have now, but no class system, what would be the "single loadout"?

    Depends, with the cards still bound to their positions? In that case flash grenade command and personal shield, occasionally in place of command, infiltration.

    With free slots, mmh that's more tricky, definitely flash grenade, thermal detonator(I admit I am unsure about this one, there are a couple options, mostly command and infiltration) and personal shield.
  • Sure do, it's the most star wars battlefront ish thing we have in the game right now, sure could be improved, but definitely better than the setup system a la cod from 2015, want to play cod/battlefield? Do it, want true battlefront? Don't complain about classes because they were there from the start

    Poorly implemented class system that restricts weapons, skins, and abilities to nonsense "classes" and negatively impacts the game in every single way = true battlefront?

    Sorry, but I never even liked the old battlefront all that much, it was overrated in every single way, partially because of the class system.

    What DICE did in BF2015 was create an identity for their Battlefront game and even though it wasn't perfect, it gave the player actual freedom to play how they wanted.

    but unfortunately, the bellyaching and crybaby "feedback" from people like you was just too loud to ignore, so what did they do with BF2017? They made a crappier version of Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and a pay-to-win progression system that continues to tarnish the entire game even to this day, regardless that the paid progression went away, the stain it left is just too foul.

    You say that BF2015 resembles COD? lol Way to cop out of presenting an actual argument and using the generic "oh that game is just another COD skin" which BF2015 is obviously not. Sounds like someone got worked a bit too hard on the BF2015 lobbies and enjoys the noob hand-holding of BF2017. hahahahahahahahahaha

    Like it or not true battlefront has classes, 2015 was the stray one. You talk about restrictions, I say variety, with loadout system every player goes for the meta, and that was blatant in 2015 with everyone slotting jetpack, at least with classes you force some semblance of variety. The pay to win system was EA's fault so don't blame it on people who wanted a more traditional title. 2015 is exactly a star wars skinned cod/battlefield, with the following differences:heroes, no mods on weapons.... Ops that's it. The gunplay felt exactly like one of the above titles, where you die in approximately 2-3 shots, loadouts definitely come from call of duty and then other games followed through. Freedom to play how you wanted, lol, just to choose your gun, as i already said starcards were always the same 2, now you get to choose your weapon along with different abilities instead of the usual jetpack-bacta bomb.I didn't enjoy 2015 and yes I got a lot of punishment, but didn't suck, I always made to the upper half. I like the noob hand-holding because it's more reminiscent of how the original battlefront plays, and I assure you I hate oneshotting weapons.

    your argument falls apart quick because I've gotten to the top of the leaderboard in BF2015 countless times when I didn't use the jump pack or bacta bomb. That combo is only good for noobs to stay alive. If you actually want to perform well, you have to use more than just those two items, and you're suggesting that it's as simple as just getting the cards and you automatically win, when that's clearly not the case. However that IS the case with a lot of loadouts in BF2017. Some take little to no effort at all to get kills. I can get first place every single match just by using the bubble shield brawler combo. lol

    "V A R I E T Y"
  • Sure do, it's the most star wars battlefront ish thing we have in the game right now, sure could be improved, but definitely better than the setup system a la cod from 2015, want to play cod/battlefield? Do it, want true battlefront? Don't complain about classes because they were there from the start

    Poorly implemented class system that restricts weapons, skins, and abilities to nonsense "classes" and negatively impacts the game in every single way = true battlefront?

    Sorry, but I never even liked the old battlefront all that much, it was overrated in every single way, partially because of the class system.

    What DICE did in BF2015 was create an identity for their Battlefront game and even though it wasn't perfect, it gave the player actual freedom to play how they wanted.

    but unfortunately, the bellyaching and crybaby "feedback" from people like you was just too loud to ignore, so what did they do with BF2017? They made a crappier version of Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and a pay-to-win progression system that continues to tarnish the entire game even to this day, regardless that the paid progression went away, the stain it left is just too foul.

    You say that BF2015 resembles COD? lol Way to cop out of presenting an actual argument and using the generic "oh that game is just another COD skin" which BF2015 is obviously not. Sounds like someone got worked a bit too hard on the BF2015 lobbies and enjoys the noob hand-holding of BF2017. hahahahahahahahahaha

    Like it or not true battlefront has classes, 2015 was the stray one. You talk about restrictions, I say variety, with loadout system every player goes for the meta, and that was blatant in 2015 with everyone slotting jetpack, at least with classes you force some semblance of variety. The pay to win system was EA's fault so don't blame it on people who wanted a more traditional title. 2015 is exactly a star wars skinned cod/battlefield, with the following differences:heroes, no mods on weapons.... Ops that's it. The gunplay felt exactly like one of the above titles, where you die in approximately 2-3 shots, loadouts definitely come from call of duty and then other games followed through. Freedom to play how you wanted, lol, just to choose your gun, as i already said starcards were always the same 2, now you get to choose your weapon along with different abilities instead of the usual jetpack-bacta bomb.I didn't enjoy 2015 and yes I got a lot of punishment, but didn't suck, I always made to the upper half. I like the noob hand-holding because it's more reminiscent of how the original battlefront plays, and I assure you I hate oneshotting weapons.

    your argument falls apart quick because I've gotten to the top of the leaderboard in BF2015 countless times when I didn't use the jump pack or bacta bomb. That combo is only good for noobs to stay alive. If you actually want to perform well, you have to use more than just those two items, and you're suggesting that it's as simple as just getting the cards and you automatically win, when that's clearly not the case. However that IS the case with a lot of loadouts in BF2017. Some take little to no effort at all to get kills. I can get first place every single match just by using the bubble shield brawler combo. lol

    "V A R I E T Y"

    Pretty weak answer, what you do is insignificant, making to the top of the leaderboard without that loadout doesn't prove anything, especially since it has nothing to do with the fact that everyone still used it. We are not talking about your individual skill that you like to brag about, but of facts, and facts are simple, the freedom of choice gets dumped 90% of times in favor of meta, whether that meta automatically gets you on the leaderboard or not is irrelevant while 90% of the player base uses it. Furthermore I haven't said in any point it was an autowin, in fact if everyone uses it it means it's the least to keep competitive, example, you autowin if you have a jetpack and nobody else does, if everyone does then it's even ground, simple logic.

    Again you misinterpreted my words to prove your point, here's some simple math though, with the class system we have at the bare minimum four different builds in meta, plus enforcers aerials and vehicles, and that's at the minimum, with room for customization even in your hated class system, that at least actually pushes people to play something different, 4>1 simple as that.
  • Sure do, it's the most star wars battlefront ish thing we have in the game right now, sure could be improved, but definitely better than the setup system a la cod from 2015, want to play cod/battlefield? Do it, want true battlefront? Don't complain about classes because they were there from the start

    Poorly implemented class system that restricts weapons, skins, and abilities to nonsense "classes" and negatively impacts the game in every single way = true battlefront?

    Sorry, but I never even liked the old battlefront all that much, it was overrated in every single way, partially because of the class system.

    What DICE did in BF2015 was create an identity for their Battlefront game and even though it wasn't perfect, it gave the player actual freedom to play how they wanted.

    but unfortunately, the bellyaching and crybaby "feedback" from people like you was just too loud to ignore, so what did they do with BF2017? They made a crappier version of Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and a pay-to-win progression system that continues to tarnish the entire game even to this day, regardless that the paid progression went away, the stain it left is just too foul.

    You say that BF2015 resembles COD? lol Way to cop out of presenting an actual argument and using the generic "oh that game is just another COD skin" which BF2015 is obviously not. Sounds like someone got worked a bit too hard on the BF2015 lobbies and enjoys the noob hand-holding of BF2017. hahahahahahahahahaha

    Like it or not true battlefront has classes, 2015 was the stray one. You talk about restrictions, I say variety, with loadout system every player goes for the meta, and that was blatant in 2015 with everyone slotting jetpack, at least with classes you force some semblance of variety. The pay to win system was EA's fault so don't blame it on people who wanted a more traditional title. 2015 is exactly a star wars skinned cod/battlefield, with the following differences:heroes, no mods on weapons.... Ops that's it. The gunplay felt exactly like one of the above titles, where you die in approximately 2-3 shots, loadouts definitely come from call of duty and then other games followed through. Freedom to play how you wanted, lol, just to choose your gun, as i already said starcards were always the same 2, now you get to choose your weapon along with different abilities instead of the usual jetpack-bacta bomb.I didn't enjoy 2015 and yes I got a lot of punishment, but didn't suck, I always made to the upper half. I like the noob hand-holding because it's more reminiscent of how the original battlefront plays, and I assure you I hate oneshotting weapons.

    battlefront elite and rogue let you create your own class within a 100 credit limit, so even the old devs knew it was better to let you pick what you wanted
  • hansgrell wrote: »
    Sure do, it's the most star wars battlefront ish thing we have in the game right now, sure could be improved, but definitely better than the setup system a la cod from 2015, want to play cod/battlefield? Do it, want true battlefront? Don't complain about classes because they were there from the start

    Poorly implemented class system that restricts weapons, skins, and abilities to nonsense "classes" and negatively impacts the game in every single way = true battlefront?

    Sorry, but I never even liked the old battlefront all that much, it was overrated in every single way, partially because of the class system.

    What DICE did in BF2015 was create an identity for their Battlefront game and even though it wasn't perfect, it gave the player actual freedom to play how they wanted.

    but unfortunately, the bellyaching and crybaby "feedback" from people like you was just too loud to ignore, so what did they do with BF2017? They made a crappier version of Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and a pay-to-win progression system that continues to tarnish the entire game even to this day, regardless that the paid progression went away, the stain it left is just too foul.

    You say that BF2015 resembles COD? lol Way to cop out of presenting an actual argument and using the generic "oh that game is just another COD skin" which BF2015 is obviously not. Sounds like someone got worked a bit too hard on the BF2015 lobbies and enjoys the noob hand-holding of BF2017. hahahahahahahahahaha

    Like it or not true battlefront has classes, 2015 was the stray one. You talk about restrictions, I say variety, with loadout system every player goes for the meta, and that was blatant in 2015 with everyone slotting jetpack, at least with classes you force some semblance of variety. The pay to win system was EA's fault so don't blame it on people who wanted a more traditional title. 2015 is exactly a star wars skinned cod/battlefield, with the following differences:heroes, no mods on weapons.... Ops that's it. The gunplay felt exactly like one of the above titles, where you die in approximately 2-3 shots, loadouts definitely come from call of duty and then other games followed through. Freedom to play how you wanted, lol, just to choose your gun, as i already said starcards were always the same 2, now you get to choose your weapon along with different abilities instead of the usual jetpack-bacta bomb.I didn't enjoy 2015 and yes I got a lot of punishment, but didn't suck, I always made to the upper half. I like the noob hand-holding because it's more reminiscent of how the original battlefront plays, and I assure you I hate oneshotting weapons.

    battlefront elite and rogue let you create your own class within a 100 credit limit, so even the old devs knew it was better to let you pick what you wanted

    *Names two psp games made by a different developer.
  • Sure do, it's the most star wars battlefront ish thing we have in the game right now, sure could be improved, but definitely better than the setup system a la cod from 2015, want to play cod/battlefield? Do it, want true battlefront? Don't complain about classes because they were there from the start

    Poorly implemented class system that restricts weapons, skins, and abilities to nonsense "classes" and negatively impacts the game in every single way = true battlefront?

    Sorry, but I never even liked the old battlefront all that much, it was overrated in every single way, partially because of the class system.

    What DICE did in BF2015 was create an identity for their Battlefront game and even though it wasn't perfect, it gave the player actual freedom to play how they wanted.

    but unfortunately, the bellyaching and crybaby "feedback" from people like you was just too loud to ignore, so what did they do with BF2017? They made a crappier version of Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and a pay-to-win progression system that continues to tarnish the entire game even to this day, regardless that the paid progression went away, the stain it left is just too foul.

    You say that BF2015 resembles COD? lol Way to cop out of presenting an actual argument and using the generic "oh that game is just another COD skin" which BF2015 is obviously not. Sounds like someone got worked a bit too hard on the BF2015 lobbies and enjoys the noob hand-holding of BF2017. hahahahahahahahahaha

    Like it or not true battlefront has classes, 2015 was the stray one. You talk about restrictions, I say variety, with loadout system every player goes for the meta, and that was blatant in 2015 with everyone slotting jetpack, at least with classes you force some semblance of variety. The pay to win system was EA's fault so don't blame it on people who wanted a more traditional title. 2015 is exactly a star wars skinned cod/battlefield, with the following differences:heroes, no mods on weapons.... Ops that's it. The gunplay felt exactly like one of the above titles, where you die in approximately 2-3 shots, loadouts definitely come from call of duty and then other games followed through. Freedom to play how you wanted, lol, just to choose your gun, as i already said starcards were always the same 2, now you get to choose your weapon along with different abilities instead of the usual jetpack-bacta bomb.I didn't enjoy 2015 and yes I got a lot of punishment, but didn't suck, I always made to the upper half. I like the noob hand-holding because it's more reminiscent of how the original battlefront plays, and I assure you I hate oneshotting weapons.

    your argument falls apart quick because I've gotten to the top of the leaderboard in BF2015 countless times when I didn't use the jump pack or bacta bomb. That combo is only good for noobs to stay alive. If you actually want to perform well, you have to use more than just those two items, and you're suggesting that it's as simple as just getting the cards and you automatically win, when that's clearly not the case. However that IS the case with a lot of loadouts in BF2017. Some take little to no effort at all to get kills. I can get first place every single match just by using the bubble shield brawler combo. lol

    "V A R I E T Y"

    BTW I answered but the post got swallowed by approvation, it will come out eventually.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!