criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

If they don’t fix saber tracking and stun by Anakin’s update, What would you do?

Prev1
Raylol
1110 posts Member
edited February 23
What would you do?

Replies

  • Rank him to 40 and then lay dormant until the new mode drops.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Wont even bother playing.
  • They won't, it's being pushed back. This all began with patch 1.2, at launch saber stun was a non-issue.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Rank him to 40 and then lay dormant until the new mode drops.

    That is you get the chance to play him before March, after a month maybe I will be able to pick him in lobbies, there are still quite a few Dooku hoggers.
  • Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    But now is unplayable
  • Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    How's that Kinect Star Wars playthrough going?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • Relikk wrote: »
    Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    How's that Kinect Star Wars playthrough going?

    Don't trash talk the best dance simulator ever
  • Rank him to 40 and then lay dormant until the new mode drops.

    Exactly the same
  • sharkman781
    131 posts Member
    edited February 23
    i go dormant for a while and check what changes have been or focus more on GA rather then hero battles
  • Relikk wrote: »
    Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    How's that Kinect Star Wars playthrough going?

    What?
  • Raylol
    1110 posts Member
    i go dormant for a while and check what changes have been or focus more on GA rather then hero battles

    Losing a hero in GA due the saber track and stun it’s worst than unfair combat in Hero game modes xd
  • Raylol wrote: »
    Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    But now is unplayable

    It really isn't though... If you think that then you're either taking this game far too seriously / competitively or you don't like star wars enough. I play this game all the time and have a great time! I get to storm round the death star shooting rebel scum or go as obi wan and chop up a load of battle droids. And the other day I called Yoda a jittery little thing.

    So it's very playable I'd say.

    It's got bugs but its a fun arcade-y game like the old 2005 game but with stunning graphics. And Im glad they haven't made it a super competitive game to be taken overly seriously.
  • Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    Me too! I LOVE star wars!

    May the force be with you!
  • Raylol
    1110 posts Member
    JediJam wrote: »
    Raylol wrote: »
    Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    But now is unplayable

    It really isn't though... If you think that then you're either taking this game far too seriously / competitively or you don't like star wars enough. I play this game all the time and have a great time! I get to storm round the death star shooting rebel scum or go as obi wan and chop up a load of battle droids. And the other day I called Yoda a jittery little thing.

    So it's very playable I'd say.

    It's got bugs but its a fun arcade-y game like the old 2005 game but with stunning graphics. And Im glad they haven't made it a super competitive game to be taken overly seriously.

    Who would enjoy a game about button smashing
  • But it isn't about button smashing. I definitely don't button smash. Maybe you do? Maybe that's why you don't like it?
  • JediJam wrote: »
    But it isn't about button smashing. I definitely don't button smash. Maybe you do? Maybe that's why you don't like it?

    You think the current saber combat is OK as is?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Raylol wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    Raylol wrote: »
    Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    But now is unplayable

    It really isn't though... If you think that then you're either taking this game far too seriously / competitively or you don't like star wars enough. I play this game all the time and have a great time! I get to storm round the death star shooting rebel scum or go as obi wan and chop up a load of battle droids. And the other day I called Yoda a jittery little thing.

    So it's very playable I'd say.

    It's got bugs but its a fun arcade-y game like the old 2005 game but with stunning graphics. And Im glad they haven't made it a super competitive game to be taken overly seriously.

    Who would enjoy a game about button smashing

    ...said no one in an arcade...ever.
  • JediJam wrote: »
    But it isn't about button smashing. I definitely don't button smash. Maybe you do? Maybe that's why you don't like it?

    You think the current saber combat is OK as is?

    It can definitely be improved but it's far from being "unplayable" or button mashing and I can still enjoy myself playing
  • Raylol
    1110 posts Member
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    But it isn't about button smashing. I definitely don't button smash. Maybe you do? Maybe that's why you don't like it?

    You think the current saber combat is OK as is?

    It can definitely be improved but it's far from being "unplayable" or button mashing and I can still enjoy myself playing

    Vader/Grievous main?
  • JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    But it isn't about button smashing. I definitely don't button smash. Maybe you do? Maybe that's why you don't like it?

    You think the current saber combat is OK as is?

    It can definitely be improved but it's far from being "unplayable" or button mashing and I can still enjoy myself playing

    It’s playabke but it is pretty bad at the moment. Worst it’s been.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • JediJam wrote: »
    But it isn't about button smashing. I definitely don't button smash. Maybe you do? Maybe that's why you don't like it?

    You think the current saber combat is OK as is?

    They are making changes to saber combat don't you know. And it is fun. You just have to take it less seriously, it's only the MTT
  • Raylol wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    But it isn't about button smashing. I definitely don't button smash. Maybe you do? Maybe that's why you don't like it?

    You think the current saber combat is OK as is?

    It can definitely be improved but it's far from being "unplayable" or button mashing and I can still enjoy myself playing

    Vader/Grievous main?

    Button smashing? Maybe you're just not very good if you're button smashing
  • Not really. I like going as them but I go as pretty much everyone (just not finn and phasma).

    I agree it's not the best combat ever but it's being worked on and it's far from being unplayable and I'm definitely not going to stop playing it because of how it is. And anyone who does stop clearly doesn't know how to enjoy running around the death star properly and is probably taking a star wars game way too competitively/seriously. And if anyone actually thinks it's a button smashing game and isn't enjoying it... Well perhaps that's because you're button smashing?

    Also did you enjoy the 2005 game? Because the combat in that was very button smashing but it was still a great game.
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Not really. I like going as them but I go as pretty much everyone (just not finn and phasma).

    I agree it's not the best combat ever but it's being worked on and it's far from being unplayable and I'm definitely not going to stop playing it because of how it is. And anyone who does stop clearly doesn't know how to enjoy running around the death star properly and is probably taking a star wars game way too competitively/seriously. And if anyone actually thinks it's a button smashing game and isn't enjoying it... Well perhaps that's because you're button smashing?

    Also did you enjoy the 2005 game? Because the combat in that was very button smashing but it was still a great game.

    Grievous beats obi-wan and others simply by button mashing basically. It became worse when the dodge was nerfed and now more than 2 strikes at a time is actually possible. HvV has been a joke ever since.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • JediJam wrote: »
    But it isn't about button smashing. I definitely don't button smash. Maybe you do? Maybe that's why you don't like it?

    You think the current saber combat is OK as is?

    They are making changes to saber combat don't you know. And it is fun. You just have to take it less seriously, it's only the MTT

    Yes, I have heard. Saber lock is not fun. I don’t take it very seriously.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I would pretty much do what I do now...
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Not really. I like going as them but I go as pretty much everyone (just not finn and phasma).

    I agree it's not the best combat ever but it's being worked on and it's far from being unplayable and I'm definitely not going to stop playing it because of how it is. And anyone who does stop clearly doesn't know how to enjoy running around the death star properly and is probably taking a star wars game way too competitively/seriously. And if anyone actually thinks it's a button smashing game and isn't enjoying it... Well perhaps that's because you're button smashing?

    Also did you enjoy the 2005 game? Because the combat in that was very button smashing but it was still a great game.

    Grievous beats obi-wan and others simply by button mashing basically. It became worse when the dodge was nerfed and now more than 2 strikes at a time is actually possible. HvV has been a joke ever since.

    Really? I find regardless who someones gone as button mashing makes them easier to beat. Only when you outnumber someone does button mashing really work. That's what I find anyway.
  • JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    Not really. I like going as them but I go as pretty much everyone (just not finn and phasma).

    I agree it's not the best combat ever but it's being worked on and it's far from being unplayable and I'm definitely not going to stop playing it because of how it is. And anyone who does stop clearly doesn't know how to enjoy running around the death star properly and is probably taking a star wars game way too competitively/seriously. And if anyone actually thinks it's a button smashing game and isn't enjoying it... Well perhaps that's because you're button smashing?

    Also did you enjoy the 2005 game? Because the combat in that was very button smashing but it was still a great game.

    Grievous beats obi-wan and others simply by button mashing basically. It became worse when the dodge was nerfed and now more than 2 strikes at a time is actually possible. HvV has been a joke ever since.

    Really? I find regardless who someones gone as button mashing makes them easier to beat. Only when you outnumber someone does button mashing really work. That's what I find anyway.

    The tracking and stun makes you win
  • Raylol wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    Not really. I like going as them but I go as pretty much everyone (just not finn and phasma).

    I agree it's not the best combat ever but it's being worked on and it's far from being unplayable and I'm definitely not going to stop playing it because of how it is. And anyone who does stop clearly doesn't know how to enjoy running around the death star properly and is probably taking a star wars game way too competitively/seriously. And if anyone actually thinks it's a button smashing game and isn't enjoying it... Well perhaps that's because you're button smashing?

    Also did you enjoy the 2005 game? Because the combat in that was very button smashing but it was still a great game.

    Grievous beats obi-wan and others simply by button mashing basically. It became worse when the dodge was nerfed and now more than 2 strikes at a time is actually possible. HvV has been a joke ever since.

    Really? I find regardless who someones gone as button mashing makes them easier to beat. Only when you outnumber someone does button mashing really work. That's what I find anyway.

    The tracking and stun makes you win

    Well it doesn't... Using you're abilities wisely and using your sabre to lower their health/finish them off... That's what makes you win. If you want to just button mash then that's up to you but it'll pretty much just be 50/50 if you get the kill or not
  • They have to give the bads one last chance to utilize the crutch with Anakin. If they fix the combat roll with the saber update, then it might be OK.

    Fortunately, Anakin might not be as terrible to deal with in GA though. If he has to stand still to activate his ult, then that's a prime chance for Stinger Pistols. Sure, the initial hit and the first tick might get 90% reduced, but after that?

    ...He ded.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Darth_Farquaad
    35 posts Member
    edited February 23
    So the Lightsaber tracking was pretty bad after the previous update but is it just me or does it seem like the Lightsaber tracking has gotten even worse in the last two weeks or so?
  • So the Lightsaber tracking was pretty bad after the previous update but is it just me or does it seem like the Lightsaber tracking has gotten even worse in the last two weeks or so?

    It's lag if it seems any worse, otherwise it's been just as bad as it's always been. More saber Heroes being released just highlights it. At launch HvV was actually competitive and it didn't matter what Hero you selected. Saber stun was literally a non issue, at max only 2 strikes could get off before the opponent could roll and prevent any follow up strikes. It was only an issue in GA where it took too long for sabers to kill any infantry, unfortunately the rolls are linked and can't be easily separated into Hero v Infantry.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Raylol wrote: »
    Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    But now is unplayable

    Turns out, I actually have a version of the game that has multiple ways to play. Like, I can play as a trooper, or even fly around. There's even some modes in there that are only troopers or ships. It's really fun, you should see if you can get the non-hero-exclusive version.
  • Should've never moved away from the 1.0 combat roll.

    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Play with Anakin as much as I can, and if playing DS melt Anakins face with Bossk or Iden :lol:

    But yeah, saber tracking is incredibly bad, I'm playing mostly blaster heroes, and is insane I can't even roll anymore.
  • Keep spamming anti-saber picks (Iden, Boba, Palp, Wookiee Warrior) and tbag every button masher I wreck, as now.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • I would complain on the forums, knowing it will do no good, but continue to play the game.
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Continue playing the game cause I love star wars

    Me too! I LOVE star wars!

    May the force be with you!


    i love star wars too but this is no different them battle field except its star wars themed. it hard not to break away from that feeling like other games but thats where heroes come in and heroes should change that feeling but right now they just feel like tankier versions of the infantry. jedi and sith don't have a good feel for it (they dont play or feel like/jedi or sith, they are more like a mix of a tank and an assassin class].
    i have battle field and star wars and i like to play (star wars) this more not because its better but because they both are the same but these one is star wars themed.

    im not hating on games, i just feel that when you are representing star wars, the game play should have a feeling of star wars, not just a generic war game feel to it
  • Saber tracking? The Chosen One don't need that crap...

    He will bring everyone to their doom with "PULL DOMINANCE". :D
  • Cry a lot
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Not really. I like going as them but I go as pretty much everyone (just not finn and phasma).

    I agree it's not the best combat ever but it's being worked on and it's far from being unplayable and I'm definitely not going to stop playing it because of how it is. And anyone who does stop clearly doesn't know how to enjoy running around the death star properly and is probably taking a star wars game way too competitively/seriously. And if anyone actually thinks it's a button smashing game and isn't enjoying it... Well perhaps that's because you're button smashing?

    Also did you enjoy the 2005 game? Because the combat in that was very button smashing but it was still a great game.

    the 2005 is the best battle front released up to date. button smashing is fine for mowing down foot soldiers but when you are dueling it should have a different feel to it, im not saying that anyone should stop playing the game but when a game made 14 years ago has a better representation of it gameplay then then one made right now, then i think it is concerning. and yes the dueling is going to change but they haven't said how and in my opinion the light saber fighting should have been the only thing that should not have failed at considering the number of star wars games released.
    i don't know if anyone has play for honor [the game has a lot of balance problems] but they have a better representation for heroes, and not saying they should have done the same for this game but i think there should have been better options.

    everyone who plays this game does it cause we love star wars but you can't lower the standards for what games should be, specially star wars when there are so many good examples you can take from and there is so much lore.
  • Continue playing
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Raylol wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    Not really. I like going as them but I go as pretty much everyone (just not finn and phasma).

    I agree it's not the best combat ever but it's being worked on and it's far from being unplayable and I'm definitely not going to stop playing it because of how it is. And anyone who does stop clearly doesn't know how to enjoy running around the death star properly and is probably taking a star wars game way too competitively/seriously. And if anyone actually thinks it's a button smashing game and isn't enjoying it... Well perhaps that's because you're button smashing?

    Also did you enjoy the 2005 game? Because the combat in that was very button smashing but it was still a great game.

    Grievous beats obi-wan and others simply by button mashing basically. It became worse when the dodge was nerfed and now more than 2 strikes at a time is actually possible. HvV has been a joke ever since.

    Really? I find regardless who someones gone as button mashing makes them easier to beat. Only when you outnumber someone does button mashing really work. That's what I find anyway.

    The tracking and stun makes you win

    Well it doesn't... Using you're abilities wisely and using your saber to lower their health/finish them off... That's what makes you win. If you want to just button mash then that's up to you but it'll pretty much just be 50/50 if you get the kill or not

    i disagree, if you don't know how to play as a hero you lose, if you do know how to play then it becomes a wait to see who's team mate comes first, on the rare occasion that you find someone who stands for that dueling should be, then it becomes a 50/50 chance but dark heroes have the advantage if they can stun you or hold you in place. they can recover their stamina before attacking you, you'll be exhausted and exposed but if you can avoid it then it becomes a fun match.
  • So the Lightsaber tracking was pretty bad after the previous update but is it just me or does it seem like the Lightsaber tracking has gotten even worse in the last two weeks or so?

    yes, you can't tell when a hit is a hit at all. i don't know if they increased the range or not but it feel more glitchy
  • Alex64
    7036 posts Member
    Play another game
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Not really. I like going as them but I go as pretty much everyone (just not finn and phasma).

    I agree it's not the best combat ever but it's being worked on and it's far from being unplayable and I'm definitely not going to stop playing it because of how it is. And anyone who does stop clearly doesn't know how to enjoy running around the death star properly and is probably taking a star wars game way too competitively/seriously. And if anyone actually thinks it's a button smashing game and isn't enjoying it... Well perhaps that's because you're button smashing?

    Also did you enjoy the 2005 game? Because the combat in that was very button smashing but it was still a great game.

    the 2005 is the best battle front released up to date. button smashing is fine for mowing down foot soldiers but when you are dueling it should have a different feel to it, im not saying that anyone should stop playing the game but when a game made 14 years ago has a better representation of it gameplay then then one made right now, then i think it is concerning. and yes the dueling is going to change but they haven't said how and in my opinion the light saber fighting should have been the only thing that should not have failed at considering the number of star wars games released.
    i don't know if anyone has play for honor [the game has a lot of balance problems] but they have a better representation for heroes, and not saying they should have done the same for this game but i think there should have been better options.

    everyone who plays this game does it cause we love star wars but you can't lower the standards for what games should be, specially star wars when there are so many good examples you can take from and there is so much lore.

    I do play for honor. Its a really good game but I'm glad they didn't make battlefront like it. Battlefront shouldn't be overly competitive. It should always focus on being an enjoyable, easly acsessable game which is what they've done.

    As I've said I acknowledge the combat can be improved. And they are working on it. I believe they said they're changing how stanima works and stuns and staggering. They've also said its coming in march.

    But what I don't get is all the exaggerated negativity on this forum. So many people say things like it's broken or unplayable and I even saw a post once where someone was calling the devs "unskilled yes men". I mean there's even several posts already of people complaining about anakin needing nerfing!?

    It seems the majority of people on this forum constantly post stuff saying the game is "unplayable" and saying the devs are rubbish but the majority keep playing because despite all their whining they are probably actually enjoying the game. And it just comes across as being spoilt and entitled.

    It just laughable how offended and enraged people act about a game that is actually really enjoyable and is still being improved upon.

    Everyone just needs to stop being so negative all the time.
  • Hard to be positive with a trashy game.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Alex64
    7036 posts Member
    We're caught in a bad Romance
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!