criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Community Survey - February 2019

Prev1
F8RGE
908 posts EA Community Manager
Hello there,

It's time for another Community survey, please do let us know your thoughts on a variety of topics.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWBFIIFEB19

These surveys have provided us with a lot of information so far, and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Please do keep the feedback coming.

Thanks!

Replies

• Sure hope these REALLY amount to something other than the dev team taking scribbly notes for some other game...some other time. In case you haven't noticed...hope is nearly lost for this year offering anything else significant past March. I don't know why you all object to reassuring your community with some details....IF you still have big plans for this game. Don't forget about TROOPERS in your actual "Battlefront" game.

You guys could have called this entire game HEROES UNLEASHED since that's how it's being treated. But you didn't, so I hope a 20 v 20 mode with NO heroes and some weapons are not on your "impossible" list. You guys are not TOO far away from making this game "truly" diverse and great. We're not all obsessed with Heroes and their buffs and nerfs. Remember how the last Battlefront contributed to BOTH crowds equally and consistently?

just.....do the survey lol
    I'm love sand
  • CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE ADD:

Galactic Marines

More options for custom arcade

Kashyyyk scouts

Coruscant

Mustufar

Scarrif

Director Krennic & Jyn Erso

OFFLINE GALACTIC ASSAULT

More Maps in general

Add clone customization (i.e.) adding visors, pauldrons and backpacks to trooopers, Galactic Marines, Kashyyyk scouts, and PLEASE! PLEASE! MAKE GALACTIC ASSAULT OFFLINE! I know that what you guys are doing is awesome and I LOVE the updates. I would play the game much more if it had offline Galactic Assault. Just more offline modes in general, and an option to add more troops in modes.

PLEASE ALSO ADD MORE MAPS. I’d really like it if you added Coruscant, Scarrif, and Mustuafar.

Thanks for everything you do, this is turning into one of my favorite games!

• Oh and I already did the survey
  • Ulysses_31 wrote: »
    Sure hope these REALLY amount to something other than the dev team taking scribbly notes for some other game...some other time. In case you haven't noticed...hope is nearly lost for this year offering anything else significant past March. I don't know why you all object to reassuring your community with some details....IF you still have big plans for this game. Don't forget about TROOPERS in your actual "Battlefront" game.

You guys could have called this entire game HEROES UNLEASHED since that's how it's being treated. But you didn't, so I hope a 20 v 20 mode with NO heroes and some weapons are not on your "impossible" list. You guys are not TOO far away from making this game "truly" diverse and great. We're not all obsessed with Heroes and their buffs and nerfs. Remember how the last Battlefront contributed to BOTH crowds equally and consistently?

just.....do the survey lol

I....DIDN'T say I that I DIDN'T.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Every month answering the "What does the communication team do well" gets harder and harder to answer.

What are they doing wrong? (Besides the mix-ups.) I feel they’ve been very connected, and you can tell they’re trying to get better based on this survey.

You must be new.

Yeah. Anyone can tell from the “10 posts” 😂

• @F8RGE - Honest question, how much time is spent by the team reviewing and discussing the results of these polls?
    Also would EA/DICE consider an opportunity to allow forum members to submit questions to the dev team via the forums? Not a live event but maybe a thread on the forums (could be linked to reddit and other social platforms) where members can submit questions about the game and the team?

Some example questions:
    Favorite hero/villain not currently in game that they would like added?
    Can we get more interactive items on the maps? Activate droids or have exploding canisters/tanks in mp modes like those found in the campaign?
    Most fun mode/map to play?
    Any additional SWBF 15 maps and or modes they would like to see in the game?
    Favorite class of trooper?
    Any new blasters/weapons the team would like to see added?
    Anything being added to arcade?
    Most challenging character to design and implement?
    Any SW planet not in either SWBF game the team would like added?
    Any new star fighters like the B-wing and TIE Defender being discussed?

Maybe let the thread run for a few weeks then let the devs review the questions for a few weeks then post the team's responses to the questions they chose to answer on the forums. @IronSoldier and the mod team will keep the Q&A thread clean and on topic I'm sure. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
    Some longer time forum members than me can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe something similar to a dev Q&A was done with SWBF 15.

#StarWars-y
    Every month answering the "What does the communication team do well" gets harder and harder to answer.

What are they doing wrong? (Besides the mix-ups.) I feel they’ve been very connected, and you can tell they’re trying to get better based on this survey.

You must be new.

Yeah. Anyone can tell from the “10 posts” 😂

Welcome to the forums.
    #StarWars-y
  • Arcade?
  • One of the better surveys, seem to be looking in the right directions for improvement.
  • Is it a repeat of the same old questions ( that provides such great input ) ?
    The question asked what the communication team does well, I present the following

EoR MM was extremely disliked by many, they decided to ignore those people and just dismiss them as wrong.

Also, the communication team was told (at least here) that people wanted more weapons and maps and instead the dev team focused on non-issues like Clone officer armor and the appearance of the current clone skins.

Blatant ignoring of genuine issues with the game and telling the dev team that non-issues should be prioritized makes it hard to say that this community communication team is doing its job.
    The Communication Team didn't even have the authority to post a screenshot of Dooku before he was released. I doubt they have the authority to keep EoR MM, and force developers to work on easy things/non-issues like skins.
    Empire_TW wrote: »

The question asked what the communication team does well, I present the following

EoR MM was extremely disliked by many, they decided to ignore those people and just dismiss them as wrong.

Also, the communication team was told (at least here) that people wanted more weapons and maps and instead the dev team focused on non-issues like Clone officer armor and the appearance of the current clone skins.

Blatant ignoring of genuine issues with the game and telling the dev team that non-issues should be prioritized makes it hard to say that this community communication team is doing its job.

I am actually very glad they added armored officers. As someone who loves Clone Wars maps, this is a welcome addition. I can see your point on maps though. They should add at LEAST one new one every two months.

Yep. I put down that the team commented on trivial matters and yet continued to ignore some of the largest posts on this forum, namely SA, the post about new weapons and Extraction.
  • completed the survey :)

Star Wars BF2 Needs This in 2019!!

TYoPpC6.png
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    I completed the survey. Not that my answers will matter, as I only really care about SA.

I am actually very glad they added armored officers. As someone who loves Clone Wars maps, this is a welcome addition. I can see your point on maps though. They should add at LEAST one new one every two months.

Still, a great many things needed attention more than that.

The Communication Team didn't even have the authority to post a screenshot of Dooku before he was released. I doubt they have the authority to keep EoR MM, and force developers to work on easy things/non-issues like skins.

The communication team asked for feedback on EoR MM and they decided we were wrong and are now hiding the EoR MM Megathread.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Communication is generally pretty bad. Adding CT’s to the mix is just them getting on par with how things should be done in the first place. But we know absolutely nothing past March. Because like it or not, their winging it as they go and scraping by.

Example: Dooku pic

Take the mode for example:
    What do we know about it... It’s been pushed back how long? We know almost as much now as we did when Dennis announced it over half a year ago.

-no info on maps
    -no info on player count
    -no info on hero/trooper ratio
    -no screenshots or previews
    -new reinforcements? Cool, what are they?

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • @Piscettios

YES!! Why can’t they just tell us what the reinforcements are?
  • Liz4rD
    1121 posts Member
    Didn like the poll.

Questions like What is your favorite hero/favorite planet/favorite mode are dull and simple.

What if I like 3 heroes the most, or 2 planets and 2 game modes for equal?

Better presented questions mus thave been 'assign numbers for the heroes, planets, game modes when 1 is your fav and greater numbers represent decreasing preference', or something like that.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Communication is generally pretty bad. Adding CT’s to the mix is just them getting on par with how things should be done in the first place. But we know absolutely nothing past March. Because like it or not, their winging it as they go and scraping by.

Example: Dooku pic

Take the mode for example:
    What do we know about it... It’s been pushed back how long? We know almost as much now as we did when Dennis announced it over half a year ago.

-no info on maps
    -no info on player count
    -no info on hero/trooper ratio
    -no screenshots or previews
    -new reinforcements? Cool, what are they?

For player count someone confirmed it was 20vs20, and it shouldn't surprise us, it's likely the game isn't designed to manage more.
  • Smattonellus
    819 posts Member
    edited February 26
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Q: What does the community team do well?
    A: dodge questions about bugs

Q: What would you like the community team to do better?
    A: Fix bugs

Lol similar to mine. Community team is fine. I just want content

08822bh6s60p.png

You realize the community team, is, well, a community team, it has nothing do with creating content. They are the ones responsible for CT's though, and that is being handled in a disappointing manner.
    Post edited by Smattonellus on
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited February 26

08822bh6s60p.png

You realize the community team, is, well, a community team, it has nothing do with creating content. They are the ones responsible for CT's though, and that is being handles in a disappointing manner.

Exactly. I don’t care about how they are doing relaying non news. They’d be better served learning how to create content IMO.

I don’t even blame them for CTs. They’re messengers. I want to give feedback on the slow drip of content
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Done. Now fix bugs and give us more maps please :)

• rollind24 wrote: »

08822bh6s60p.png

You realize the community team, is, well, a community team, it has nothing do with creating content. They are the ones responsible for CT's though, and that is being handles in a disappointing manner.

Facepalm Lol don't ever work in communications ;-) - Rollind24 knows that and was making a deeper point
  • rollind24 wrote: »

08822bh6s60p.png

Facepalm Lol don't ever work in communications ;-) - Rollind24 knows that and was making a deeper point

08822bh6s60p.png

Exactly. I don’t care about how they are doing relaying non news. They’d be better served learning how to create content IMO.

I don’t even blame them for CTs. They’re messengers. I want to give feedback on the slow drip of content

Wait lemme reiterate, you said create content because they'd better be used as content creators? On purpose? Lol that's savage :D
  • F8RGE
    908 posts EA Community Manager
    Is it a repeat of the same old questions ( that provides such great input ) ?

Repeating questions helps us track data over a period of time.
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited February 26
    About Arcade please watch this guys video devs.

• F8RGE wrote: »

Track data...for what though?
  • F8RGE wrote: »

=> Basibally check the evolution of the community's mind. Maybe at some point people want heroes. And after Obi Wan, Anakin, Dooku and Grievous, people would rather get new maps, or weapons, or game modes than heroes.
  • I snuck in large scale offline game mode..... AGAIN. It's the only way I would give any CT or roadmap a higher score than a 2.

Cause I feel solo gamers don't matter anymore. And don't tell me about that crappy campaign.

I'm salty today.
  • hilapff wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

=> Basibally check the evolution of the community's mind. Maybe at some point people want heroes. And after Obi Wan, Anakin, Dooku and Grievous, people would rather get new maps, or weapons, or game modes than heroes.

What significant things were changed / introduced to re-review player perceptions?
  • DarthJ
    6769 posts Member
    Did mine, and admittedly downvoted compared to previously about communication etc....we still know nothing about anything coming out post new mode, which doesn't bode well.

Also disappointed not to see any questions along the lines of 'if you could add one thing, what would you add?' etc. Bit telling that theres nothing linked to new content.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • CypressHorn
    310 posts Member
    edited February 26
    The communication team asked for feedback on EoR MM and they decided we were wrong and are now hiding the EoR MM Megathread.
    How do you know they were the ones that decided the people that don't like EoR MM were wrong? Only gripe I see that should go against CT is them burying the Megathread. Granted, it isn't like people used the Megathread anyway.

How do you know they were the ones that decided the people that don't like EoR MM were wrong? Only gripe I see that should go against CT is them burying the Megathread. Granted, it isn't like people used the Megathread anyway.

16zj0zdt7t4t.png

This was one of the last statements from the CT. The claims of games being fuller and being found faster are blatantly false.

People were posting all their video evidence of it not working and they just threw a "looks good on our end" comment and just told us to report it not working as if it was a bug.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited February 26

08822bh6s60p.png

08822bh6s60p.png

Wait lemme reiterate, you said create content because they'd better be used as content creators? On purpose? Lol that's savage :D

Yes. Not because I think they’re doing bad as a community team though. They can only pass on progress being made or what they’re approved to pass on. If they don’t have any content to report on or content we don’t like it’s hard for me to blame them on that.

I certainly wouldn’t ever say to a friend “This game is so much fun, content is over flowing, events are great but I don’t recommend it because the community team could use some work”

I see the anger at the CT as the same thing as yelling at the cashier at Target because I don’t like a Target policy
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member

For lols obviously...
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Did mine, and admittedly downvoted compared to previously about communication etc....we still know nothing about anything coming out post new mode, which doesn't bode well.

Also disappointed not to see any questions along the lines of 'if you could add one thing, what would you add?' etc. Bit telling that theres nothing linked to new content.

Same here. The team probably orders a pizza then spends about 30 minutes looking at the results then it goes into the recycle bin until the next survey. Lack of new maps, blasters, fixes for long time exploits and poor communication regarding modes like SA and Extraction are not going to garner much if any positive responses.
    #StarWars-y
  • hilapff wrote: »

Oh yeah I understand the theory behind why a game company would do these....but after several of these we haven't seen much result the team on the info they get from the very slanted questions they ask. What will Dice do with this info other than go "hmmm" and continue on with clone skins and "weekend events".
    This was one of the last statements from the CT. The claims of games being fuller and being found faster are blatantly false.

People were posting all their video evidence of it not working and they just threw a "looks good on our end" comment and just told us to report it not working as if it was a bug.
    This could be a legitimate complaint for the CT. I don't have access to all games data to say whether this statement is false or not. I don't rely on anecdotal information especially when my experience was definitely different (I experienced some empty lobbies, but not nearly enough to say it affected overall time enough such that I am sure the statement is false).

Granted, I don't think the CT just made up the statement games were fuller and starting faster. I think they were passing on information. I doubt the CT has access to query internal information to determine if the statement was false or not. Other than burying the Megathread, I see your concerns as more directed at the message (i.e., decision makers at EA/DICE), and not the messenger. The CT was in a very tough position in the EoRMM fiasco.

Granted, I could be wrong. The CT may have a much greater leash on what they say than I expect.