criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Enough with the rage quitting

Prev1
If you get beat just accept it. Stop rage quitting and ruining other team members games

Replies

• Bads gotta be bad, thats just how this game goes. When 99.9999% of the pop is classed as casual at best, dont expect this to change
  • Yes. It’s a lazy assumption to say people are rage quitting.

However :wink: I have rage quit. (Today in Extraction) and I like the term ‘disgust quit’.

I won’t stay in a game if people aren’t playing the obj (esp SFA which seems super common these days) or if there are runners or hiders in HvV.

Also I sometimes need the loo :lol:

ph
  • Quitters are really annoying. It happens almost every match of hvv. Some times there's a genuine reasons to leave a game but it is almost always the losing team that starts to quit. Even if they're just being beaten perfectly fairly or its a close match there's still almost always someone on the losing side who quits. And after that point the game becomes completely one sided.
  • Don't quit. Sit back and enjoy watching your useless team getting steamrolled. They'll most likely quit quite quickly and you'll a new team shortly afterwards.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Says the guy who uses map exploits and doesn't pto.
    #StarWars-y
  • I never had people rage quit on me, that’s because I don’t mess around and just gut them and end match before they get a chance 😝
  • What are you gonna do about it bud?
    [+3748 posts]
  • WarfareKiller41
    6801 posts Member
    edited February 25
    Relmets wrote: »
    What are you gonna do about it bud?
    I'll send my redwood troopers to absqualate you
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I quit for many reasons. Not sorry.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • In HvV quit if:

The enemy team exploits

My team is completely clueless and gets absolutely steamrolled
  • Maybe get better match making and we wouldn’t have to have this conversation.
  • In hvv, if my team is bad , I'm gone
  • Majike
    91 posts Member
    edited February 25
    I tend to stick it out throughout even HvV matches where we're getting steamrolled, although if it reaches 4-10 with my team doing their own thing (especially with me as the target) and any attempts at combat (or life in general) results in instant gang-murder by four extremely skilled opponents, then that's can't-be-bothered quitting time. I don't mind us losing 0-10, but as long as we get a decent chance to actually fight.
    Other than that, GA on Starkiller Base phase one if it's particularly LIUV-ram-heavy, HvV with non-stop runners (my record was chasing a Luke runner for FOUR MINUTES around Mos Eisley, stuck as a lightsaber wielder as I was the target so I couldn't swap to someone better suited to take him down, and no-one else was trying to get him), HvV Kashyyyk with non-stop push spammers, and HvV Yavin IV with map exploiters (people standing atop very high pillars and moving about in just a way to make it extremely hard to hit them, the wall of doom, etc.).
    But, sometimes, real life does intervene; needs to toilet, sudden depression-based crashes (with further frustrating gameplay usually not helping), phone, etc. I'd rather quit out on my HvV team and leave them 3-4 than just idle and present a big, fat, juicy free easy kill to the enemy. I've bounced back and managed to do well in a 3-4 match before, but never with a 3 + 1 idle-who-somehow-always-ends-up-as-the-target vs 4.
    I don't really care if my team loses a match, even multiple matches in a row, as long as it's still fun to play while the team loses and the enemy team isn't just winning through cheap tactics.
  • Matchmaking on this game is an absolute joke. Fix that and most of your quitters will stop...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • That word ‘gamebreaking’... I don’t think it means what you think it means.:wink:

And it keeps being said but might be worth repeating; you never know whether someone has rage quit or not. It’s just a popular accusation to throw around because there’re so many frustrating things in the game, that it’s an easy assumption to make.

Not saying it doesn’t happen, but... bit of perspective needed I think.

I loved what someone said upthread; we don’t rage-quit, we disgust-quit :lol: That for me hits the nail on the head.

pH
  • TahjSDG
    37 posts Member
    edited February 25
    As others have said, I'll gladly desert a team if it's apparent that they're blatantly ignoring the objectives. A lot of folks who play HvV just treat it like one big death match when that isn't what it is. They’ll be the target, yet completely disregard all logic by PURPOSELY running up to a crowd of 3 opponents, as if they're just so awesome at fighting that they can just wipe out an entire team on their own. You can have a team of three really good players, but if there's that one player who does that continuously throughout the round, it's enough to cause their otherwise good team to get blown out. It's just not worth it to remain on a team with someone who plays that way and is singlehandedly causing the team to lose.

I’ll also leave if people on the team are just being silly instead of trying to win. I was in a game on Naboo once where I was the target, but I couldn't even look to my team for any real help because two of my teammates were just chilling in the throne room with people on the other team, jumping up and down (yes, literally) for the entire round.

And once on Bespin I was playing as Maul and had thrown the target into the air so they'd fall off the map, but a teammate of mine who was playing as Kylo literally force pulled him back so he could fight him one on one and get the kill instead. Wanna take a guess of what happened just a few seconds after that? Yep, the target on OUR team died instead. I left immediately. I'm not about to play on the same team with people who do stuff like that. It's just not worth it at all IMO.
  • I quit only HvV, but that happens just if there’s an afk in my team, if my teammates are inexistent and I can’t even play because the entire enemy team keep chasing me to death even if I’m not the target and I’m completely left alone. And now I literally quit half of the matches because of these situations which in the last month are getting worse and worse
  • There should be ranked servers for very good players and normal servers for casual players, at least give private matches for clan players. Then this quitting would be drastically reduced.
  • i played star trek online before i came to swbf.. if someone is leavin a match there, they will get a 30 minutes penalty, and cannot join other games - the result is, that noone is quitting a game, and people take those matches very seriously!
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    That word ‘gamebreaking’... I don’t think it means what you think it means.:wink:
    i think everyone defines that term a bit diffrent and i don't realy wanna argue about that.. i call everything gamebreaking, that interrupts the normal and fair flow of a game.. cheaintg.. afk players.. boba fett camping at spots, noone else can reach.. its a break of a game = gamebreaking ;)
    i play on P$4/EU, and sadly in HvsV there is something "broken" in every 2nd or 3rd game - this is an amount, where i almost would say, that the entire mode as broken :/ i have to admit, things getting much better at the evening
    TahjSDG wrote: »
    And once on Bespin I was playing as Maul and had thrown the target into the air so they'd fall off the map, but a teammate of mine who was playing as Kylo literally force pulled him back so he could fight him one on one and get the kill instead.
    i had something similar on hoth in HvsV.. kylo accidently pulled someone back in the game, just to get killed "again" - i found that quite funny! especially with abilies like that, s**t happends.. and i am sure, kylo was not doing that intentionally, so i could not be mad about that
  • i played star trek online before i came to swbf.. if someone is leavin a match there, they will get a 30 minutes penalty, and cannot join other games - the result is, that noone is quitting a game, and people take those matches very seriously!
    That word ‘gamebreaking’... I don’t think it means what you think it means.:wink:
    i think everyone defines that term a bit diffrent and i don't realy wanna argue about that.. i call everything gamebreaking, that interrupts the normal and fair flow of a game.. cheaintg.. afk players.. boba fett camping at spots, noone else can reach.. its a break of a game = gamebreaking ;)
    i play on P$4/EU, and sadly in HvsV there is something "broken" in every 2nd or 3rd game - this is an amount, where i almost would say, that the entire mode as broken :/ i have to admit, things getting much better at the evening
    And once on Bespin I was playing as Maul and had thrown the target into the air so they'd fall off the map, but a teammate of mine who was playing as Kylo literally force pulled him back so he could fight him one on one and get the kill instead.
    i had something similar on hoth in HvsV.. kylo accidently pulled someone back in the game, just to get killed "again" - i found that quite funny! especially with abilies like that, s**t happends.. and i am sure, kylo was not doing that intentionally, so i could not be mad about that

Okay.

Seeing as you’re on PS4 EU server, give the US Virginia ping a try. I’m in London so Germany (26 ms) is my default but I get much better games and less lag from the Virginia site (which is 102ms but far cleaner !!)

Hope this helps.

pH
  • I think it's hilarious when they do it right before the end of a game. Pure salt.

Is totally acceptable when you spawn into HvV and see 2 of your teammates spinning in circles in spawn
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • "Y..It’s a lazy assumption to say people are rage quitting."

Very true ...but it suits the mindset of people that post about it - misplaced self worth?
  • schlaflos_in_wien
    60 posts Member
    edited February 25
    Seeing as you’re on PS4 EU server, give the US Virginia ping a try. I’m in London so Germany (26 ms) is my default but I get much better games and less lag from the Virginia site (which is 102ms but far cleaner !!)
    thank you very much! i just found out, that we indeed can change the servers on P$4.. i thought this is only possible on PC. germany has a 21 ping for me, everything else is 116-347, but i will give it a try :)

edit: i did 2 matches now, but i found the higher ping has a too big impact. i used grevious 1st, which was very difficult, in lightsaber combat. "trust surge made me spinning around everytime i used it, completely loosing orientation. also lightsaber combat, became much more difficult.. but with clash rush and unrelenting advance, i did a lot of kills lol things became a lot better using a blaster hero in my 2nd run - it almost felt like cheating lol but honestly, i dont like this delayed gameplay, so i guess i will change back to 21 ping germany. it was a good idea trying it, and maybe one day i will try again
    Post edited by schlaflos_in_wien on
  • people who quits a full game session, should get a temporary ban!
    I NEVER RAGE QUIT! especially in HvsV, this is gamebreaking, and ruins the fun for the other 7 people. i find this behavior very arrogant and selfish.. there is no other way to say this.
    if my team is loosing, i try to find out, what the problem is, and try to fix this somehow. there is always a good chance for a comeback, and if that happens, those are the most exciting gaming experiences, imo

You are strong with the force. I salute you
  • You are strong with the force. I salute you
    thank you, master :)

Pause.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Being defeated in honest 4 v 4 combat is one thing.

Being defeated because you're paired with 3 clowns with no business in online multiplayer is another, and I am not wasting my time with those folks any more than I have to. It will take me a grand total of 2-3 points to make this decision. Or 20-30 tickets in GA.

This. I play HvV 80% solo, and lose my share of matches without quitting. However, when my teammates are AFKers, wanderers, emoting in spawn, shooting walls, or Rambo'ing as the target, I'm out.

I'll add, being on a bad server (I mean, this IS a DICE game after all) is also a factor for quitting. I was in a match where the opposing Luke player (who was really good) used force push on me 3 times when I wasn't blocking and didn't work, and i followed up with force choke that resulted in him dying. He left the game and I don't blame him. The same happens to me. If it's once or twice, I'm ok with it, but any more, or if hit detection is also bad, I'm off to another lobby.
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Matchmaking on this game is an absolute joke. Fix that and most of your quitters will stop...

Absolutely this.

I rarely rage quit, but when its steamroll after steamroll because of some enormous pre-made on the other team and they've resorted to spawn killing - I am not inclined to be cannon fodder for the precious little time I have available to play.

Sue me.
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    I quit only HvV, but that happens just if there’s an afk in my team, if my teammates are inexistent and I can’t even play because the entire enemy team keep chasing me to death even if I’m not the target and I’m completely left alone. And now I literally quit half of the matches because of these situations which in the last month are getting worse and worse

this ^^^
    even then, if the bad players quit fast enough, I stick around hoping the ones that join are not as bad, which has happened multiple times.

is very, very rare, that I quit, but honestly why waste time, especially with the spawning.... the freaking horrible spawning.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    jtbesquire wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Matchmaking on this game is an absolute joke. Fix that and most of your quitters will stop...

Absolutely this.

I rarely rage quit, but when its steamroll after steamroll because of some enormous pre-made on the other team and they've resorted to spawn killing - I am not inclined to be cannon fodder for the precious little time I have available to play.

Sue me.

I just leave after the 1st, sometimes 2nd steamroll.

With no lobby balancing, it will never get better in this game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Pause.

What exactly do you mean, "Pause?"
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    thank you very much! i just found out, that we indeed can change the servers on P$4.. i thought this is only possible on PC. germany has a 21 ping for me, everything else is 116-347, but i will give it a try :)

edit: i did 2 matches now, but i found the higher ping has a too big impact. i used grevious 1st, which was very difficult, in lightsaber combat. "trust surge made me spinning around everytime i used it, completely loosing orientation. also lightsaber combat, became much more difficult.. but with clash rush and unrelenting advance, i did a lot of kills lol things became a lot better using a blaster hero in my 2nd run - it almost felt like cheating lol but honestly, i dont like this delayed gameplay, so i guess i will change back to 21 ping germany. it was a good idea trying it, and maybe one day i will try again

The site you select is only a starting point( which might timeout and look in other regions ) it does not guarantee you will be placed in that regional server.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    jtbesquire wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »

Absolutely this.

Sue me.

I just leave after the 1st, sometimes 2nd steamroll.

With no lobby balancing, it will never get better in this game.

I got put into the end of a steamroll last night and decided to stay for the next match to see how things would shake out. The wonderful matchmaking system ended up putting the top players from both sides onto one team...I didn't even pick a class before I jumped that ship.

Dice matchmaking - putting you into slaughters 50% faster than before!
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • I never rage quit even if my team is complete trash and a lost cause, don't know why...
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • This again???
  • "since I bought it with my money, no one is going to tell me how I should play."

-Tjpunx, 2/11
  • Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    Maybe get better match making and we wouldn’t have to have this conversation.

This. Plain and simple.

Thread closed.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    edited February 25

The site you select is only a starting point( which might timeout and look in other regions ) it does not guarantee you will be placed in that regional server.

Is that true? I never knew that. Thanks for the info, (how depressing, though). I'll be re-pinging between each match if so :lol:

I quit three HvV matches in a row mostly because I was put in on a team that was down 3/7 and when I started helping them even up the score (as Leia in Jabba's Palace) I realised why they were losing; they weren't protecting their own target, just runnning around the map gung ho.

I had to get five more kills with a hero blaster to complete my challenge which I did within two targets' allocations then left. I'm not going to hang around with mouthbreathers on my team running around going 1 v 2, 3 or 4.

At one point when I was the target, I saw a blue icon respawn so I ran to it. Turned out it was a Luke who then ran past me and went off on some rampage. I tried to follow him but he was gone. Cue Dooku and Vader slaying me.

I quit, but it wasn't out of rage, but disgust.

Interesting observation; the Maul, Vader and Dooku who kept killing 'us' were all under level 11 (Dooku was 3) so it just goes to show you don't need maxed star cards. Just a canny player, or **** teammates.

SMH

pH
    No, it was definitely intentional. Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand the difference between that and me and a teammate just using our abilities at the same time, canceling each other out unintentionally. That's understandable. It's annoying, but no one is really at fault when that happens.

But that wasn't what happened with the guy playing on my team as Kylo. He was one of those annoying Kylo players who pretty much does nothing all game but run around freezing and force pulling people with no real purpose. Just playing the game casually to troll instead of win. When I threw the target he went up extremely high into the air. It had to be at least 3 seconds. And he was already on the way down when Kylo pulled him back in, so it was definitely intentional. Players like that ruin the gaming experience for others. That's why it's not worth it to stay in. That kind of teammate is basically on the other team.
  • Majike wrote: »
    I don't really care if my team loses a match, even multiple matches in a row, as long as it's still fun to play while the team loses and the enemy team isn't just winning through cheap tactics.

This all the way. I can lose all day long if it's fun. If I can feel like can actually contribute and get in a few kills I don't mind a steamroll.

If, on the other hand, I'm getting ganked from behind as I try and get back to teammates, or I'm just saber stunned into nonexisitance with literally zero I can do, that gets old really fast. And it's not about skill because I can be going toe to toe with someone when bam! Out of nowhere I'm killed by who knows what.

I will also quit if there is a runner on either team, immediately. I know they can be hunted down but that is frustrating and annoying to me. Ill quit even if we are winning and I'm top of leaderboard. You run, I'm gone. Don't have time for you.
  • hosco33
    218 posts Member
    It's **** when the same character behaves better for some players than for others. To use Idens stunning Droid I have to perfectly aim to opponents, and animation will take time, any hit would cancel it, and Droid will take more time after Iden's animation itself finishes. There are players whose both animations are instantaneous. The same happens with rolling, it's garbage against saber heroes, except for a few players.

Some players endure obviously more, while some others are killed by only two shots. The game prevents you to dashing on key moments, or just decided you are already dead even when you have rolled to cover behind a wall. Fortunately we can play for free, there wouldn't be incentive to pay trash like that. 6 hours today trying to play a funny fair game without success, in almost all the matches someone had to quit (including myself).

And it's not timing, it's notorious the type of player that is going to be favoured.

The best thing we all as a community could do is quit (not only opponents, but also teammates).
  • Hesha
    459 posts Member
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    This again???

Look I told your friend I AINT PAYIN FOR THAT!
  • What if a Maul beats YOUR Luke and you get mad because you lost 2 rounds in a row with 0 eliminations?
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Aren't you the one who said you respawn anytime someone shoots from behind you?
    My name is Bob