criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Blocking from behind

I dont know if this is intentional ir not because i dont see a lot of people talking about it. But if im behind a lighsaber hero and i use a force power on them while they are blocking the other way, then it doesn’t do anything. It seems like something that shouldn’t happen.

Replies

• Daijooky
    65 posts Member
    edited February 28
    I actually asked the devs about this, the response was that blocking "only works the way the character is facing". And I've experienced using force push and nothing happens because my opponent was blocking away from me. I was told to report it next time it happened. Which is too many times so I just stopped. But I do save video replays of it in the hopes they might do something.
    Post edited by Daijooky on
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • I think it’s intentional by the devs. They have a thing about making the game work completely against how it should… I’m sure it must be in the fine print somewhere… maybe hidden in a Jedi scroll, backwards?

What you saying devs? Devs? … De
  • jonci
    1228 posts Member
    Weird question
    3 sabre players Vader (40), Kylo (40) and Grievous (40) attacking obi player (15) at the same time, pretty much surrounded him, Obi blocking and doesn't take any damage from them at all, kills all 3 how?
  • jonci wrote: »
    Weird question
    3 sabre players Vader (40), Kylo (40) and Grievous (40) attacking obi player (15) at the same time, pretty much surrounded him, Obi blocking and doesn't take any damage from them at all, kills all 3 how?

Either cheating or bug, remember once or many times actually, seeing players block against everybody, because their ping i high so the game doesn't drain their stamina, which allows them to keep block and therefore not to take any damage.
  • DK_Bastian wrote: »
    jonci wrote: »
    Weird question

Either cheating or bug, remember once or many times actually, seeing players block against everybody, because their ping i high so the game doesn't drain their stamina, which allows them to keep block and therefore not to take any damage.

thats just wrong, i wish players stopped doing that. that block problem has happened to me so many times. i don't mind side blocking but back blocking is just bad. i don't know if this is a game issue or the player cheating but there are times when my light saber attacks are blocked from behind while playing as yoda. has anyone had this problem
  • DK_Bastian wrote: »
    Weird question

thats just wrong, i wish players stopped doing that. that block problem has happened to me so many times. i don't mind side blocking but back blocking is just bad. i don't know if this is a game issue or the player cheating but there are times when my light saber attacks are blocked from behind while playing as yoda. has anyone had this problem

They can't block dash strikes from Yoda though. Use the card for an extra dash strike, especially in HvV, it helps him so much against people that block constantly.
  • brienj wrote: »
    DK_Bastian wrote: »
    Weird question

They can't block dash strikes from Yoda though. Use the card for an extra dash strike, especially in HvV, it helps him so much against people that block constantly.

i do, thats the best way to play as yoda and sometimes i die cause i get hit while doing a dash skill. but what i do after the 3th dash skill assuming my opponent isn't dead yet is attack and dash towards him so ill be right behind him and attack again, i know im hitting his back but i get block (it doesn't always happen and i try to mix it up so my opponent stays on the defense as much as possible) you can only do this so long. well its hard to do it with out dying sometimes and most of the time i don't have to in a 1 vs 1 which is why im not sure but thats just something i run into.

ps love the game style for yoda as is (wouldn't mind some tweaks) but hes a solid character. can't wait for the update though
  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    edited March 1
    brienj wrote: »
    DK_Bastian wrote: »
    Weird question

i do, thats the best way to play as yoda and sometimes i die cause i get hit while doing a dash skill. but what i do after the 3th dash skill assuming my opponent isn't dead yet is attack and dash towards him so ill be right behind him and attack again, i know im hitting his back but i get block (it doesn't always happen and i try to mix it up so my opponent stays on the defense as much as possible) you can only do this so long. well its hard to do it with out dying sometimes and most of the time i don't have to in a 1 vs 1 which is why im not sure but thats just something i run into.

ps love the game style for yoda as is (wouldn't mind some tweaks) but hes a solid character. can't wait for the update though

I just wish he dealt a little more damage with his saber strikes, and they weren't so slow, if each was slightly buffed, you wouldn't have to work so hard to kill someone. I have had people stand and block, and killed them by just spamming dash stirke, those are hilarious times. They would have an easier time just engaging me. But if you can string together dash strikes followed by unleash and then regular saber strikes, he can be very deadly