Community Transmission - Chosen One Update
Another update can only mean another Transmission. If you’ve been keeping up with all the news this month then you will know that on February 27th Anakin Skywalker will make his entrance into Star Wars™ Battlefront II.
Anakin will be joined by the 501st Battalion, the Clone Trooper legion that he himself lead into battle so many times. The 501st will also be joined by the Coruscant Guard, who will be making their appearance in the Chosen One Update.
There are big changes coming to the Clone Trooper legions with each Trooper Class now getting their own look, relevant to the legion that they are a part of. This also sees the first time that Officers will be able to equip Clone Trooper armour.
Additionally, there’s been a lot of discussion around stuns and their effect on the flow of gameplay. With stuns now having a lower duration and a short immunity once you have been stunned, we’re looking forward to seeing how these changes improve the experience.
Anakin’s power and skill were virtually unmatched, though his overconfidence and anger could get the better of him. Even still, when innocent people were in danger, he would never hesitate to put his life on the line to save them. When his friends needed his help, he would not abandon them.
Read more about Anakin Skywalker here
CLONE TROOPER APPEARANCES
Under the new system Troopers will be visually different from one another, but all the while retaining the overall theme of their specific legion.
What this means is a Heavy will have different markings to a Specialist (and Assault and Officer), but you will still be able to tell which legion they belong to. This also means that, for the first time, Clone Trooper Officers will have armored Appearances.
This division of elite troopers were designated to protect the capital of the Galactic Republic and are identified by the red markings across their armour.
They could often be found patrolling the streets of Coruscant while also had the responsibility of protecting buildings of high importance. As the war progressed, the Coruscant Guard would go on to find themselves serving as bodyguards for members of the Galactic Senate and even the Supreme Chancellor himself.
Perhaps the most well renowned Clone trooper legion, the 501st Battalion led by Anakin Skywalker and Captain CT-7567, more commonly known as Rex, fought across many of the biggest and most important battles of the Clone Wars. Though they had the same hearts and the same blood as all their brothers, their minds were sharpened by the diverse battlefronts they fought across.
You can read more about the Clone Trooper appearances, 501st Battalion and the Coruscant Guard here
Emotes have always been a fun addition to the game and we’ve all seen how much you enjoy “Hello There”. Fun aside, they can also be a useful social mechanic in order to quickly communicate with your squad and nearby players.
The inclusion of a new Emote Wheel, with the ability to contain up to 8 emotes will allow you to better communicate with your team.
Read more about the Emote Wheel here
One piece of feedback we’ve been reading is in relation to the stuns that can be applied during combat. We agree that some of these stuns are too long and have made some adjustments accordingly.
Starting with Emperor Palpatine, we will be lowering the stun duration of his lightning from 1.6 seconds to 1 second. Phasma’s turret will have its stun duration lowered from 1 second to 0.8 seconds and Lando’s stun grenade will be have its effect reduced from 1.4 seconds to 1 second.
In addition to this we will be implementing a stun immunity to all hero abilities for 3.5 seconds, specifically when being stunned by either Phasma, Iden, Chewbacca, Emperor Palpatine, or Lando. What this means is that should you be stunned by one of the listed heroes above, you will not be able to be stunned again for 3.5 seconds.
- Anakin Skywalker is now playable and unlocked via Credits. Anakin Skywalker comes with four abilities: Passionate Strike, Heroic Impact, Pull Dominance, Retribution. One alternative Jedi Robes appearance is available to unlock for Credits or Crystals.
- New Clone Trooper legions are now available to unlock for Credits or Crystals (Coruscant Guard, 501st Legion). The new legion of the 41st Ranger Platoon is available to unlock for free through the "Chosen One" Crate.
- Pattern variety has been added among classes and Phases of all available Clone Trooper legions. Players who have already unlocked these appearances, will be able to convert to the new ones for free through Crates.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added an in-game Emote Wheel and increased the amount of emotes a player can have equipped at a time to 8
- Added a Frontend tab to differentiate between Phase I and Phase II Clone Trooper appearances.
HERO AND CLASSES CHANGES
- Implemented changes to Stun Lock for different Heroes.
- Reduced Emperor Palpatine's Lightning stun duration from 1,6 to 1.
- Reduced Captain Phasma's turret stun from 1 to 0,8.
- Reduced Lando Calrissian's stun from 1,4 to 1.
- Added stun immunity lasting 3,5 seconds to all Heroes, after having been stunned once by Captain Phasma, Iden Versio, Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca or Lando Calrissian.
- Inspired by Star Wars™: Episode II Attack of the Clones. If Yoda uses Unleash, right after absorbing (blocking) Count Dooku's Lighting Stun attack, Yoda will be able to project lighting back to enemies.
- Fixed an issue where Lightsaber users would not take damage from the enemy's first Lightsaber attack while regenerating health.
- Fixed an animation issue where Heroes would occasionally get stuck in map geometry when performing the dash movement over an edge.
- Fixed an issue where the stamina bar would occasionally be wrongly displayed due to server latency. The stamina bar no longer shows up or gets drained, when the player has not managed to block in time.
- Lightsaber Heroes can now damage enemy turrets.
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to spawn with both Heroes and vehicles in a map.
- Fixed an issue where Heroes would still deflect blaster shots during their Defeat animation, if they were defeated while deflecting.
- Increased Kylo base Lightsaber damage from 100 to 125.
- Increased Kylo base Lightsaber extra damage when attacking from behind from 20 to 40.
- Increased Kylo base Frenzy damage on Heroes from 80 to 125.
- Increased Kylo base Frenzy damage on Troopers from 80 to 150.
- Decreased Bloodlust extra damage on Frenzy from 10, 20, 30, 40 to 5, 10, 15, 20.
- Fixed an issue where reactivation of the Frenzy ability would be blocked for a short time, if it was activated with no target. The ability successfully remains on the same target until they are defeated. It swaps to a new target upon original target defeat.
- Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren's first hit with Frenzy would not stagger targets, making it look like the attack had missed.
- Fixed an issue where the Frenzy ability could be activated mid-air,
- Fixed a visual issue where the duration of Kylo Ren's Freeze ability would not be synchronized with the grayed-out screen effect from the affected user.
- Fixed an issue where targets affected by Rey's Mind Trick ability would be able to sprint backwards.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi will receive 80% less damage while holding out to perform the All-Out Push ability.
- Fixed an issue where Obi-Wan Kenobi's All-Out Push ability would be occasionally retriggered by the player.
- Fixed an issue where Lightsaber audio would play while the Lightsaber is turned off during "Strongest Defense" emote.
- Updated the VO for Obi-Wan in German with the original German voice actor, Philipp Moog.
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous would get pulled further than normal when affected by Force abilities.
- Fixed an issue where the stamina bar for Lightsaber Heroes would not deplete when blocking General Grievous' Unrelenting Advance ability.
- Added eye animation to General Grievous when viewing him on the Appearances screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Defeat card icon would not display correctly if a player was defeated by Han Solo's Shoulder Charge ability.
- Improved the way Count Dooku's attacks connect with the enemy to allow for more smooth movement in close-range combat.
- Made visual improvements to the Expose Weakness reticle, so that is more visibly related to the ability icon.
- Improved various visual clipping issues visible in Count Dooku's Victory Poses.
- Fixed an issue where Count Dooku's cape would float excessively while standing over Han Solo's Detonite Charge or Lando Calrissian's Disabler.
- Fixed an issue where Count Dooku's VO would overlap with Obi-Wan's VO.
- Fixed several issues where several audio lines by Count Dooku would not trigger in Multiplayer.
- Made improvements towards issues with camera shaking when a player was being choked by Darth Vader. The camera of the target player being forced to look at Darth Vader when being choked was removed.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Maul would be unable to cast any ability except Choke Hold, when being pushed while using the Spin Attack ability.
GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES
GALACTIC ASSAULT - JAKKU
- Fixed an issue where the HUD icons would not disappear for the defending team, if the first two points were captured at relatively the same time.
GALACTIC ASSAULT - GEONOSIS
- Fixed a visual issue where the Capture icon in the last phase of Geonosis would showcase a human icon instead of an AT-TE icon.
GALACTIC ASSAULT - CRAIT
- Tentatively fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the AT-M6 to sink under the ground.
- Fixed a visual issue where light effect from the Imperial Shuttle would appear with jagged textures.
- Fixed a geometry issue that would allow Stormtroopers to climb unreachable areas on Ewok Hunt.
- Fixed an issue where Boba Fett could glitch out of the intended play area on Kessel
- Fixed an issue the wind blowing snow effect on Hoth would occasionally cause reduced performance.
- Fixed a visual issue where the floors would show up grey instead of white on Kamino.
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in the barracks between the wall and a sleep pod.
- Fixed a geometry issue that would allow players to enter an unintended area inside the Great Temple.
- Fixed visual issues with draw distance on certain objects on Endor and Geonosis
- Fixed an issue where AI Starfighters would be too evasive and avoid the player in combat.
- Disabled Squad Spawn on all Jetpack-carrying Special characters for all eras
- Updated the description of certain Vehicle Star Cards for accuracy and grammatical correctness.
- Fixed an issue where the AT-TE experience bar would not always be in-sync with the scoring events happening in-game.
CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
- Fixed an issue where Aerial troopers could occasionally re-use the Jetpack Boost with no cooldown, if the ability and jump buttons would be pressed at the same time.
- Fixed a visual issue where target outlines would occasionally not show correctly when using the Thermal Binoculars as an Officer.
- Fixed punctuation issues on Star Card descriptions for Reinforcements.
- Polished facial animations on the Resistance and Rebel Rocket-Jumper.
- Fixed a visual issue with draw distance affecting Clone Trooper appearances.
- Fixed a rendering issue that would occasionally cause Living World actors to be invisible.
- Hit-markers now change to yellow when hitting vehicles in a weak spot.
- Friendly players that are defeated in battle will show up on the radar as a cross for a short while.
- Due to a late balancing change, the additional damage from Anakin's "PRESSURE" Star Card applies only to the final strike of Anakin's Passionate Strike ability. The Star Card description currently implies that the additional damage is applied to every strike when using the ability. The description text will be corrected at a later update.
Post edited by F8RGE on
This discussion has been closed.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
- 40K General Discussion
- 4.4K Gameplay Discussion
- 8.4K Feedback & Suggestions
- 595 Community Events and Creations
- 1.5K Star Wars™ Battlefront II Recruitment
- 2.9K Off-topic