criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Idens stun ability comes back in 8 seconds

Thechosen1_anakin
6824 posts Member
edited February 26
We're immune to stuns for 3.5 seconds. So tell me how this affects her in any way. Her stun should come back every 16 seconds like it's supposed to. Not to mention iden & kylo can combo their stuns!!!!! How do you nerf the lightside & leave the darkside as is. Kylo's now that he's a viable hero without being glued to a blaster hero should not have a 5 second freeze

Replies

• We're immune to stuns for 3.5 seconds. So tell me how this affects her in any way. Her stun should come back every 16 seconds like it's supposed to. Not to mention iden & kylo can combo their stuns!!!!! How do you nerf the lightside & leave the darkside as is. Kylo's now that he's a viable hero without being glued to a blaster hero should not have a 5 second freeze

I think it's more about not being stunned by Iden and then the Emperor and then Phasma. Or Chewie and Lando right after another.
  • DarthLando
    1096 posts Member
    edited February 26
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    We're immune to stuns for 3.5 seconds. So tell me how this affects her in any way. Her stun should come back every 16 seconds like it's supposed to. Not to mention iden & kylo can combo their stuns!!!!! How do you nerf the lightside & leave the darkside as is. Kylo's now that he's a viable hero without being glued to a blaster hero should not have a 5 second freeze

I think it's more about not being stunned by Iden and then the Emperor and then Phasma. Or Chewie and Lando right after another.

That’s true, however his point is that while this patch makes it to where the LS (chewy + Lando) can no longer chain-stun, the DS still can.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »

That’s true, however his point is that while this patch makes it to where the LS (chewy + Lando) can no longer chain-stun, the DS still can.

Yeah, Villain team will still be able to chain stun, since Kylo's Freeze isn't being treated as a stun. You will be able to get frozen by Kylo for 5 seconds, and then immediately be stunned by Iden or Palps or Vader's choke. So broken.

Yeah, Villain team will still be able to chain stun, since Kylo's Freeze isn't being treated as a stun. You will be able to get frozen by Kylo for 5 seconds, and then immediately be stunned by Iden or Palps or Vader's choke. So broken.

Any idea why Kylo's freeze isn't considered a stun?
    hnytpwosbe30.png

No idea. In my eyes at least, full loss of control = stun, and yet it seems like both Vader's Choke and Kylo's Freeze aren't being treated as stuns in this update, which will allow them each to be chained with each other or with Iden's, Phasma's, and Palpatine's stuns. It's bad enough that they didn't reduce Kylo's freeze from like 5 second to 2 seconds and Vader's choke from like 2 seconds to 1.2 seconds, since you can take a ton of blaster damage during both if you're up against a well balanced villain team that has at least 1 blaster villain, dark side still being able to chain stun just takes the cake.

No idea. In my eyes at least, full loss of control = stun, and yet it seems like both Vader's Choke and Kylo's Freeze aren't being treated as stuns in this update, which will allow them each to be chained with each other or with Iden's, Phasma's, and Palpatine's stuns. It's bad enough that they didn't reduce Kylo's freeze from like 5 second to 2 seconds and Vader's choke from like 2 seconds to 1.2 seconds, since you can take a ton of blaster damage during both if you're up against a well balanced villain team that has at least 1 blaster villain, dark side still being able to chain stun just takes the cake.

Vaders choke isn't a stun. They already shortened the duration of it don't touch it
  • ZephanUnbound
    2512 posts Member
    edited February 26
    DarthLando wrote: »

Vaders choke isn't a stun. They already shortened the duration of it don't touch it

When being choked you can't move, you can't attack, you can't activate any abilities except the Yoda ability that breaks all movement impairing effects.That is most definitely a stun. They may have nerfed the duration at one point, but it is still very long, especially when star card boosted, long enough to take more than half of your life bar in damage from an Iden, Boba, or Boskk who is running with Vader, plus the damage you take from the inevitable saber thrown that Vader's always follow up their Chokes with, so that's at least 75% of your life bar gone for a blaster hero caught by the choke, in other words, a guaranteed death.
  • Feature rather than a bug at this point. Has been in the game since at least 1.2 (when I started using the card).

It's fine. Hero fights rarely last longer than 8 seconds. I've play without batteries a good amount and find it makes little difference except in letting you play more aggressively across multiple engagements (useful for going 1v4 in a bad team). Without it you tend to camp more and snipe/bomb from range waiting on cooldowns if you want to stay alive, though if on a good team you've normally run over the opposition within one stun cycle anyway so it really makes little difference

Biggest effect it has is on her heal rate in GA, but even there Iden is good but not Palp/Bossk tier, so no need to adjust.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st

When being choked you can't move, you can't attack, you can't activate any abilities except the Yoda ability that breaks all movement impairing effects.That is most definitely a stun. They may have nerfed the duration at one point, but it is still very long, especially when star card boosted, long enough to take more than half of your life bar in damage from an Iden, Boba, or Boskk who is running with Vader, plus the damage you take from the inevitable saber thrown that Vader's always follow up their Chokes with, so that's at least 75% of your life bar gone for a blaster hero caught by the choke, in other words, a guaranteed death.

Hans detonite charge is a stun, lukes repulse & everyone other push, rey's dash strike is a stun, grevious claw rush & thurst surge are stuns. Everything I just listed can leave you completely defenseless. And if blocking & shooting while laying on the ground was fixed you would see what I mean even more. Vaders choke leaves you defenseless yet he can be knocked out of it. Unlike kylo's freeze or landos stun
  • Feature rather than a bug at this point. Has been in the game since at least 1.2 (when I started using the card).

It's fine. Hero fights rarely last longer than 8 seconds. I've play without batteries a good amount and find it makes little difference except in letting you play more aggressively across multiple engagements (useful for going 1v4 in a bad team). Without it you tend to camp more and snipe/bomb from range waiting on cooldowns if you want to stay alive, though if on a good team you've normally run over the opposition within one stun cycle anyway so it really makes little difference

Biggest effect it has is on her heal rate in GA, but even there Iden is good but not Palp/Bossk tier, so no need to adjust.

Difference of opinion I suppose. The stun itself is fine the ability coming back so fast is not & should fall in line with every other stun cooldown wise. If lando had a 6 second shock people would lose their mind(probably should since he got hit with the nerf hammer)

Hans detonite charge is a stun, lukes repulse & everyone other push, rey's dash strike is a stun, grevious claw rush & thurst surge are stuns. Everything I just listed can leave you completely defenseless. And if blocking & shooting while laying on the ground was fixed you would see what I mean even more. Vaders choke leaves you defenseless yet he can be knocked out of it. Unlike kylo's freeze or landos stun

Those are all knockback effects, different from stuns. There is a big difference, you go flying when hit by a knockback attack, making it harder for blaster players to track you and get some shots in before you stand back up. With Vader's Choke you are literally held in place, defenseless for quite a long period of time, even the worst blaster players in the game can manage to hit a target that is being held in place by a Choke. And as you said, as of now you can still block and shoot while on the ground, and the partial patch notes for the chosen one update released today don't indicate that it has been fixed as of yet, so you're not totally defenseless from knockback effects like you are with Choke.
  • Vader choke is a stun, better than Iden's too. .7 seconds and can be roll dodged vs ~2-3 seconds and can't

Playing blasters only in HvV I get whacked by Vader's combo quite frequently but Iden's stun is scarcely a threat. Half the time you can eat it and still win because compared to Iden hero blasters have better DPS (all but Finn) and more health + damage reduction (all but Han).
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st

Those are all knockback effects, different from stuns. There is a big difference, you go flying when hit by a knockback attack, making it harder for blaster players to track you and get some shots in before you stand back up. With Vader's Choke you are literally held in place, defenseless for quite a long period of time, even the worst blaster players in the game can manage to hit a target that is being held in place by a Choke. And as you said, as of now you can still block and shoot while on the ground, and the partial patch notes for the chosen one update released today don't indicate that it has been fixed as of yet, so you're not totally defenseless from knockback effects like you are with Choke.

When maul & yoda & blaster heros are hit they are for all intent & purposes stunned. If I claw rush someone like han guess what he's practically helpless & it'll be more apparent when they finally fix that bug. Lightening stun leaves you completely defenseless if it wasn't for a bug. They won't touch vaders stun & if they did they would have to buff it so with the choke card he would still do just as much damage
  • Vader choke is a stun, better than Iden's too. .7 seconds and can be roll dodged vs ~2-3 seconds and can't

Playing blasters only in HvV I get whacked by Vader's combo quite frequently but Iden's stun is scarcely a threat. Half the time you can eat it and still win because compared to Iden hero blasters have better DPS (all but Finn) and more health + damage reduction (all but Han).

I wouldn't say that. You Can block vaders choke meanwhile idens stun while blockable & can be rolled can still allow her to take over 300 health & the fact it comes back so fast I would give the edge to iden

I wouldn't say that. You Can block vaders choke meanwhile idens stun while blockable & can be rolled can still allow her to take over 300 health & the fact it comes back so fast I would give the edge to iden

I find that if you're playing at least roll distance close to cover (no reason one shouldn't with a blaster), Iden's is easy to mitigate. Only becomes an issue when at close range and no cover (though not with Han or Chewie they just power through). Sabers have their own problem of having to play away from cover a lot of the time but they have more health and can jump it so they don't take the 150 from secondary fire (just however much damage she hits them for in the air, usually less than their regen).

Vader drags you out from behind cover and to him/his allies. Once he's in range, no escape and you cannot flee lol.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

I find that if you're playing at least roll distance close to cover (no reason one shouldn't with a blaster), Iden's is easy to mitigate. Only becomes an issue when at close range and no cover (though not with Han or Chewie they just power through). Sabers have their own problem of having to play away from cover a lot of the time but they have more health and can jump it so they don't take the 150 from secondary fire (just however much damage she hits them for in the air, usually less than their regen).

Vader drags you out from behind cover and to him/his allies. Once he's in range, no escape and you cannot flee lol.

Lmao that last part got me in tears