criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Playing as Palpatine

2Next

Replies

  • Palpatine is one of the very few Heroes the Devs actually built right, good and excels in both modes.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member
    Palpatine is one of the very few Heroes the Devs actually built right, good and excels in both modes.

    There are those that loved the previous battlefront and absolutely hate this battlefront that would say that palpatine in this game is a failure. Completely weak, and totally messed up.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Palpatine is one of the very few Heroes the Devs actually built right, good and excels in both modes.

    There are those that loved the previous battlefront and absolutely hate this battlefront that would say that palpatine in this game is a failure. Completely weak, and totally messed up.
    Do you know how many people are demanding a Lightsaber for him? Just like they demand Yoda and Maul to have a block. Guess what, if all 3 of those characters could block, you'd have less runners and cowards playing them. People would be more inclined to play them like other saber users, especially with Anakin now foggling the bungholes of the runners in literally 2 seconds flat.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    [REDACTED for being unnecessary and perhaps too personally insulting. @d0kRX adressed this perfectly.]
    Post edited by TerramineLightvoid on
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    If the other team trolls with him as the dark side when it is my turn I troll back.
    Fair nuff, that's a general principle thing. Fair game, eye for eye. Just as long as it doesn't backfire.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • Personally think getting perpetually ruined by Palpatine (on the scoreboard or in combat) makes you trash but W/e

    I'll have to remember to "steal" all your kills and emote if I run into you!
    No offense, but just responding to criticism with pride does literally nothing to solve for the facts being spoken. You're like the Xenoverse player that does all the worst cheese, and then just responds with mockery when called out.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Ha lMao, you must be really good if it's that easy to evade with Palpatine. With what little experience I have playing him, which is not much, evading anybody is very difficult. In fact if I try to evade someone with Palpatine it means instant death for me. So forgive me if I am lmao at your response.

    Also if Palpatine is trash, then let's remove him from the game altogether. Then you wouldn't have that trashy problem. I do believe that this thread should have been named something like remove Palpatine from the game.
    Nah, you're just playing this game too casually. You just aren't /constantly/ spamming the dodge tryhard style. It doesn't take skill, I noticed some people playing this game are hella slow and only thinking 1 move ahead. All you gotta do is invest a tiny bit more effort and suddenly you can dodge like the wind.

    Anyways, as far as removing him goes? That's dumb, what kind of solution is LESS characters? Just like all I want for Chewbacca is a blockable bowcaster. They didn't even need to nerf his damage, they could have gave him a damage BOOST for all I care if they had just nerfed both his stun AND his unblockable damage. Maybe even give him a slight speed boost on walking/dodging.

    With Anakin tho, you Palp players are the ones gonna be begging for a change. Because against Anakin, Palpatine and Maul are dead in 2 seconds no matter what LMAO. With that Pull, which is somethin that should have been on the lightside from the get go because it's the perfect counter to runners and cowards. You gonna be BEGGING for a lightsaber and block harder than ever before.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Ah I see, then I must be a worthless player because everytime I try to evade with Palpatine it means instant death.

    This thread should have been named "Palpatine needs removed from the game"
    More like "Palpatine needs a saber and a block, remove melee and constant zap and replace the zap with a temporary ability that switches to a "zap mode" which also limits his dodge but buffs his damage resistance."
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    bfloo wrote: »
    You haven't taken the time to learn how to use him, so he is therefore worthless

    Learn how, then we can take your input seriously.
    Lol, I'd like to see you say that now with Anakin on the lightside. The fact that Palpatine now dies in 2 seconds and gets his poopshoot foggled 100% of the time, is all the proof in the world. Because he's completely powerless and worthless if he can't maintain /distance/ and constantly run away.

    Hell, there are vastly infinite better ways you could do palpatine. The people playing palpatine should have a problem with how he is, because he'd be way more awesome with a saber and a block. But of course, people who want to employ cowardly tactics that can't do straightforward and up front confrontation, wouldn't want that and would revel in how he is now...

    Well, until poopshoot fogglin Anakin Macdaddy Skywalker TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
    Post edited by TerramineLightvoid on
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    WTH is wrong with you? How is how other people see themselves any of your concern?

    Grow up or get some therapy.

    Pathetic.

    pH
    The attitude of complacency and oversensitivity. Sorry, but you can't just give everybody a gold star, especially not in an online competitive game that capitalizes on Leaderboards. I can tell people what's what, because that's what Facts are and do. Deal with it B)
    Post edited by TerramineLightvoid on
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Couldn’t careless

    I’ll use whatever hero I want especially ones that guarantee big killstreaks
    Not talking about Galactic Assault, that mode's a chaotic mess by nature and design anyways.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • Srublord wrote: »
    Writing posts that shame people for playing the game makes you trash, Trash.
    The attitude of the current generation. Give everybody gold stars no matter what, because we might hurt people's feelings. Nevermind how bad the person being chastised is and the fact that they are fully responsible for their own actions and can change by sheer choice, only chastise the chastisers cause we don't want to be called out on our flaws.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • The emporer is like any other hero. In the hands of a noob he goes down quickkk

    In the hands of an elite player he will be a nightmare.

    But you can say the same about literally any hero.
    That's a blanket statement. You can play deliberately dense if you want to, but there is no avoiding the fact that he is nothing like the majority of heroes and villains. His only comparatives are Chewbacca, Boba, and Phasma. All 3 of which pre-Anakin needed a very specific kind of overhaul, and 2 of which still do. Chewbacca needs a blockable bowcaster with boosted damage, Phasma needs a more powerful blaster and for her stun droid to run on a timer. Boba doesn't need anything now cause with Anakin he can't run anymore. Palpatine needs a revision to even be able to stand a chance with Anakin around.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • Grinch wrote: »
    I'll be honest, everything you said about the Emperor can be said of Iden. Only she has insane range and when she takes a little damage she can pop her shield and run and hide. She just lays back and racks up assists.
    She's weak as hell tho now, I used to be an Iden main but all the different changes to other characters have somehow shifted the flow of battle so that she can barely be taken seriously anymore. I think they also did nerf her stun? In one of the more recent updates.

    Meanwhile, she can't dodge like palpatine can.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    As a proud Sidious main I have only this to say

    [REDACTED to avoid duplicating the video and making the page use up extra resources slowing it down.]
    I didn't watch your little quote clip. Sorry kid but you can't take down logic and facts with prideful irrational remarks that only seek to cement you as exactly the thing people are criticising and calling out.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    I love it when someone can't counter something and then comes to the forum to rage and tell everyone that using (insert name of character that keeps owning you) makes you trash...
    Ah the salty tears are overwhelming. lol
    Lmao, first off what is there to counter? I'm not criticising him as being overpowered, because he's actually a wet tissue paper especially now with Anakin absolutely and undeniable foggling all Palp players bungholes now and forever more. The point to the criticism was him leeching off his team mates. Essentially this was me complaining from the perspective of playing FROM the dark side, not because it's an issue for me personally but because I've seen him get first and EVERY single time it was when he was using his teammates as bait and only ganging up.

    Which FYI, everyone in the Battlefront 2 community agrees. Go over to youtube and search videos on what people criticize most in this game. The number 1 video on HvV criticism, has countless people all agreeing that HvV is NOT a 4v1 mode, and thus it's bullox to be ganging up 3 or 4 players against 1, and to be that person who only attacks when hiding behind team mates or otherwise only attacking when a team member is attacking with them, etc.

    It's called "baiting", because you're using your team mates as bait. I dunno about you, but sacrificing your team mates for your own benefit like that is pretty damn trash. If anything you should be /protecting/ your team mates and sacrificing yourself for them. Not to mention in general, you should be trying to pull your weight as much as possible, not making other players carry your weight and taking more than you give.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • Elsinore76 wrote: »
    but isn’t HVV a team game
    Yet, people exploit this fact to justify actually doing some of the WORST team play possible. Using your team mates as bait IE; hiding behind your team mates. Isn't team play... that's actually treating your team as pawn trash to be disposed for your benefit. When I have a player like that on my team, I walk away and leave them to be torn apart by the wolves cause they can't fend for themselves.

    Only attack the enemy team when you have a team member present? You're practically worthless on your own, can't carry your own weight, barely contributing anything at all.

    Only constantly block/dodge/run, especially as the target? You're expecting 3 players to beat 4, which isn't fair or right. As much as the target has to try and keep themselves safe, you're still 1/4th of the total manpower and need to try and launch an offensive even if to a more limited degree. This isn't like chess where you have an entire army to hide behind.

    Etc.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Personally I love using Lando to melt his face from distance, but hey that’s just me and my love of his smoke grenade… the ultimate weapon you say?!
    Yeah especially with how much Palp users try to /jump/ with him. Just like on the inverse people recommend you /jump/ to evade Chewbacca's bowcaster.

    To both scenarios I laugh and say: Have you ever considered, that gunsman can... /aim up/? There isn't some magical hooplah stopping them from shooting you midair.

    As hans I am good with the headshot, so I just spam headshot him to death in 2 seconds lul
    Post edited by TerramineLightvoid on
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TahjSDG wrote: »
    With other villains around, his supportive role is incredible, more than stealing kills, I slow down and drain health of heroes for my team mates to finish off easy.
    His abilities take forever to activate, electrocute takes what, 2-3 seconds before you can do anything? He can't block anything either. Is very, very rare seeing someone finishing 1st with him
    Like I said, you'd have to see how some people play with him. There is almost only 1 way to get 1st palp, and that's by cheesing distracted peeps.
    But if it angers you so much that someone is playing with him and catching you or your teammates off guard constantly, then why not just play with more awareness? He can't catch you off guard if you're being mindful of your surroundings.
    I'm not speaking from the hero's side? I'm simply showing sympathy to the teams I see where he's basically just a sheer Baiter and Runner, while being able to Point Leech enough to get 1st if the other team doesn't have a beast player.

    Nor am I complaining when he's used boldly and a person tries to 1v1 with him. Because that's just hilarious when someone tries, considering even pre-Anakin against a skilled gunsman he'd just get shot in the nuts, and post-Anakin gets his poopshoot foggled 100% of the time by Macdaddy Skywalker.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Hey folks, discussion around using the character is fine but lets try and leave out the "trash" labels here people like playing different characters and not everyone likes the same character. Constructive criticism is fine but blanket labeling people as "trash" for playing a certain character isn't acceptable. Keep it constructive or I'll be locking the thread.
    Yeah, I'll stop using such directly insulting statements and stick to criticism of the character. But just for the record, the added bit about giving everyone a golden star is your personal opinion and has no basis in fact or reality whatsoever, so :|
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    DK_Bastian wrote: »
    I agree so much with EA_Rtas on this point, if you get mad because of someone using a character it is time to sum up the team and begin to start during actual teamwork to counter such players.

    A good team can out do anyone!
    First off, what the Mod said, even in the biased bits, is not even remotely what you are saying here. He's validating freedom of choice, not saying that the criticisms aren't true(Which I think is the limits of his personal input anyways. He can't get too involved.)

    But also, team work is pulling your own weight and treating everyone with respect. If you're running away and using your team mates as bait, leeching points, etc. Then you're screwing your team-mates over. This is especially true now that Anakin foggles the poopshootss of Palp, Boba, and Maul... and runners and baiters in general. Because now trying that sort of tactic, just gets you and by extension your team's, poopshoots, foggled.

    Which was always true, just pre-Anakin it was more general and drawn out. Now it's immediate and instant with Anakin's poopshoot fogglin.
    Post edited by TerramineLightvoid on
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid
    65 posts Member
    edited March 12
    DK_Bastian wrote: »
    So i just read all comments now, i see the problem here, people are just mad because of their scores?! not about helping the team winning?

    I think you mad because you didn't get the chance to yell in happiness because you got 1st place, but are rather mad because you kept dying by a walking thunder/lightning storm who kills?

    People playing Palpa, of course he steals kills, but he also helps the team to get closer to victory right?

    He is indeed the ultimate kill "stealer" but as i see it, he is just another asset to make sure that OUR team WINS the match and not LOSESS it!

    I really love playing as Palpa, not only to do my behalf of damage the enemies but also to make sure we get that one step closer to victory for the whole team... Palpa can be very annoying, yes, but he is so damn useful for the whole team no matter how many goddamn kills he "steals"
    1.It doesn't matter what character you're playing as, nobody wants someone on their team that uses them as bait and is a runner. You're actually the worst team mate possible in that case, you're not pulling your weight and you're not sacrificing yourself for the sake of the team. Even the target should take that risk, because personally there's no point in "winning" if it came because you used me as a bodyshield. Like lolwat? Teamwork 101, don't USE your team mates, be more of a benefit to your team mates than a liability.

    2.Good luck now that Anakin foggles Palp's hole in 2 seconds flat.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • Dewwww it add block
  • He is designed to be played with 100% cowardly tactics, he /leeches/ points and steals a position on the leaderboards by leeching from kills that other teammates make, etc. I am surprised actually that more people don't get bothered by this when they are playing sith and someone else picks him, it's just like how Chewy pre-nerf was stealing the leaderboards by being unfathomably overpowered that he stole all the kills and points and stole the 1st position. Most people complained about Chewy from the other team's perspective, but really the people being screwed over more than anything was the other Heroes. Same thing goes with Palptine and the Villains.

    The only other close comparative is Boba, and at least he requires some real effort to get a serious spot little alone 1st. You actually can't be timid and not fight on the front lines with him, if you want to reach 1st with him. But Palpatine requires no real effort beyond constantly dodging and making sure that 90% of the time you are standing behind someone else so you're not the target or if someone tries to target you then your team mates will /always/ get in the way and slice you down.

    He only ever gets a serious spot, little alone first, if he's constantly damaging the whole match. Which I hate to break it to you, but if you are paying attention to what that /implies/. It means that player was constantly leeching from kills that already had 1 or 2 people attacking. That has to make up like 90% of the damage they had done, to get that "good" or in otherwords that high of a score.


    Edited for antagonistic title. ~Rtas

    I disagree. The players who do this do it with other heroes, and especially basic troopers but it sand out the most when they do this with emperor Palpatine. More experienced Palpatine players surprise attack players, and always fight strategically. I like Palpatine the way he I’d because he is the only non lightsaber hero that can take lightsaber heroes.You stay on the move, always jumping and dodging so you do not get hit. Emperor Palpatine was my first hero I got to level 40 and I can get the top of the leader board with him not because he is a point robber and overpowered, but because he has one of the biggest potentials to be sneaky and cunning, just like the movies.

    I think you are just complaining. If a person is following you, then lead them to danger and they will stop. I think you just need to use this tip.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!