criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Lando still a prime pick for HvV after the nerf?

Raices
1095 posts Member
I don't think so

Replies

• Nope. Trash tier character
  • Not really, they nerfed the **** outta me
  • Raices
    1095 posts Member
    He will be slightly worse in GA also
  • I love the title of this post, I had to re-read it twice. Lando is absolutely a prime ****.
  • Nope, His stun was his only ability that was good enough to be a instant pick. With the nerf he will be trash tier since his smoke grenade is useless and sharp shot isn't good enough to justify picking him
  • Nope, His stun was his only ability that was good enough to be a instant pick. With the nerf he will be trash tier since his smoke grenade is useless and sharp shot isn't good enough to justify picking him

Even pre-nerf Lando was bad against good players xd. This game it’s a joke.
  • For GA I think the stun time doesn't matter when you got 19 other players shooting at a vader. For HvV he's trash tier. At best he'll do maybe 450 damage meanwhile grevious, dooku, Vader heck everyone will just laugh at him
  • I think Lando would be good if they raised his base damage a bit and gave his smoke grenade more uses.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • I think Lando would be good if they raised his base damage a bit and gave his smoke grenade more uses.

Yeah he should do just as much damage as the se44c prenerf
  • No, I believe he will now be the worst pick overall on the hero team, even worse than Finn. Devs should have buffed his damage per shot (both at short and long range), reduced his recoil a bit so he could fire full speed with more accuracy, buffed his smoke grenade, and replaced his useless smoke grenade star cards with star cards that would actually have some use.
  • Peepzilla
    919 posts Member
    edited February 26
    I have played a ton of HvV since launch and I had just started using Lando recently. He was just that one character I never really picked, but wanted to level him up. That being said:

Lando actually requires a good amount of skill to play properly and remain viable just as he is now in HvV. Sure some will scream about the stun, but with his low blaster damage the player has to be very quick and accurate with each shot -- and most times have to accurately aim for the head to put across enough damage to either kill or weaken a DS character enough.

Other than that all he has is a dodge roll and smoke that doesn't hurt/hinder the enemy team at all. Perhaps a slowing effect to the enemy team or something should be looked into. The Lock On ability is finicky at best and sometimes misses a target if multiple are selected. On top of that, the damage seems to be on the lighter side for an ultimate ability.

In short: increase his blaster damage and possibly a slowing effect in his smoke screen.
  • If they're reducing the duration of his stun they need to make it fire off faster and not be so obviously telegraphed

Way too easy to escape taking damage with nearly any villain as is. Only the blind/ deaf actually die to it very often.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • I am glad I levelled up Lando to Level 25 (purple star cards) before this update. I think that his power in HvV just went down.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • main question is : why buff or nerf caracters after 1 1/2 years ? is it really necessary ? maybe the answer is : because the players asked for it. stun are now for very short time.

remembered the time they tweaked palpatine ? they removed him from the game for a month ( maybe more?) because he became far too strong ... Devs tweaked him too much and they were lost in their codes.

the game needs caracters with weakness and powers. what will remain to phasma and lando ? a zoom on their gun ?

we will see it tomorrow
  • Lando is for plebs in HvV...only thing changed is a team of Lando and chewie team can't double stun you to death. But he will still do damage in hands of adept players or those party groupies.

As a saber user I don't even think of attacking a lando until I see he used up his shocker move...or else it's guaranteed death most of the time.
  • While I'm not complaining about the nerf, they should have just made his stun dodgeable and blockable like Palpatine's was
  • Lando got really hurt in this update

His blaster needs more damage, more damage at distance (it's a sniper pistol), and less recoil

His smoke needs some attributes attached to being within it such as:
    • enemies take more damage
    • enemies move more slowly
    • lando regenerates heath
  • 0.4 seconds nerf to stun and everyone’s abandoning the Lando ship, jeez.
  • moondynemc wrote: »
    0.4 seconds nerf to stun and everyone’s abandoning the Lando ship, jeez.

Agreed. If you could use Lando before the nerf, you'll be able to use him after the nerf. He's not God Tier by any means but he can wreck if the right player is using him. Unfortunately, I am not one of those players ;) He's situationally good, and he will continue to be situationally good.
  • I only just read about his changes. I still pick him on certain maps and do just as well now as I did before. Still come out on top of the board. Had a nice 30 kills on HvV today with him. lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • I only just read about his changes. I still pick him on certain maps and do just as well now as I did before. Still come out on top of the board. Had a nice 30 kills on HvV today with him. lol

The changes aren't live yet xD
  • Have you guys forgot that Lando has a star cards which allows his Disabler to stun enemies even longer if it's attached to surface in 5 seconds? It will basically be the same it was before. :joy:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

• ZephanUnbound
    1818 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Have you guys forgot that Lando has a star cards which allows his Disabler to stun enemies even longer if it's attached to surface in 5 seconds? It will basically be the same it was before. :joy:

Not quite, as this change will also reduce the stun duration when using the star card. The star card boosted it from 1.4 seconds to 1.8 seconds. Now the star card will boost it from 1 to 1.3 seconds. Considering nearly every Lando player runs that card, it certainly won't be the same as before, you will lose a half a second on your stun, which is enough time to cost you like 4 free headshots.
  • DarthLando
    842 posts Member
    edited February 26
    moondynemc wrote: »

0.4 seconds doesn’t sound like much in that context, however Lando’s stun is being reduced by almost 1/3 of its original time...just saying
  • Peepzilla
    919 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Want to just say I'm for all the stun nerfs. Just think they should be counter-balanced to the heroes who practically relied on them.

The 0.4 number looks small, but with half a second in the heat of battle one can dodge roll / force dash and escape. It's essentially a damage nerf. Half a second less laser damage.

The easy solution here is a slight buff to his gun.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Want to just say I'm for all the stun nerfs. Just think they should be counter-balanced to the heroes who practically relied on them.

The 0.4 number looks small, but with half a second in the heat of battle one can dodge roll / force dash and escape. It's essentially a damage nerf. Half a second less laser damage.

The easy solution here is a slight buff to his gun.

And they didn’t touch Kylo’s freeze in this update, which has a 5 times longer duration.

• so what you're telling me is that all of you used Lando only for his stun?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • As I can actually aim, I don't have major problems.

n00bs
  • grimmace2 wrote: »

Agreed. If you could use Lando before the nerf, you'll be able to use him after the nerf. He's not God Tier by any means but he can wreck if the right player is using him. Unfortunately, I am not one of those players ;) He's situationally good, and he will continue to be situationally good.

hes a top tier pick in HvV and a must pick along with Han he is not situational at all but once this update hits that might no longer be the case but we will see.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • the 2 must picks if you want to win in a actual competitive HvV match is all ways Han and Lando but I think it will be Han and Anakin now but if Lando turns out to be fine its gonna be Anakin, Han, and Lando as must picks now.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I think they should buff his blaster damage, reduce his recoil, and make it so that his smoke grenade can disrupt the enemy team, kinda like the dioxis grenade
  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    so what you're telling me is that all of you used Lando only for his stun?

In HvV, yes. His stun (pre-nerf) is a force to be reckoned with in HvV. In GA, no.

• awakespace
    911 posts Member
    edited February 27
    DarthLando wrote: »

0.4 seconds doesn’t sound like much in that context, however Lando’s stun is being reduced by almost 1/3 of its original time...just saying

This is the thing - Lando's stun is his thing in hero combat. His sharp shot is not such a big deal, and his smoke is pretty useless. There are many characters who have 3 good abilities or at least 2. With the disabler and the extension stun card you could take out almost any player if you land all headshots. So let's say you are fighting Kylo/Dooku. Before if you caught them in the stun you could finish them. Now you will take them down to about 250 health. Then they can stand there and block and regen back to 500. Then you are in bigger trouble. It takes a lot of skill to land all headshots, and a good player can easily avoid the stun by jumping. This nerf is a big deal for Lando. For Palp and Phasma it won't change them that much. Lando needs some counter buffing.

Yes? Should we not be?
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Finn's eternal Big Deal build says hello, and literally carries any 4 v 4 fights provided the other 3 on your team aren't stupid.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • If the only reason someone is good to you is because they can kill an enemy standing still and unable to retaliate, I'm guessing the issues are the player unable to use them otherwise.........

The real reason to pick Lando
    jamlk3n1ier2.jpg
    t62dnrkoarna.jpg
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • He'll be fine for players who don't rely on the long stun time.

But it begs the question, why his and not kylo's? Lando really does have the most telegraphed stun in the game and it's a 2 part activation, really only useful for a 1 on 1 scenario OR making a quick escape.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....

But it begs the question, why his and not kylo's? Lando really does have the most telegraphed stun in the game and it's a 2 part activation, really only useful for a 1 on 1 scenario OR making a quick escape.

Kylo's is basically negated when he takes advantage of it because of the melee damage unlock. It just makes it an opening to an attack like his pull or a push like Luke's. You can pour tons of damage on as Lando in his stun and they'd stay in it.
  • Legolas79391
    718 posts Member
    edited February 27
    I main Lando and he's still good. All they need to do is get rid of the aimbot and buff his gun. At the moment Han is much better then him across the board
    Post edited by Legolas79391 on

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg