criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

The great big Anakin feedback thread

Replies

• His face just looks kinda puffy to me.
  • It is true he is overpowered i was playing iden and he killed me at least with his might while i had 3 quarters health still.
    not to mention all the extra's on his abilities and you name it. maybe on GA he is nerfed but they need to do it in HvsV too.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    His repulse is broken. It's meant to cap at 400.
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Thank you, someone else finally, his whatever its called saber block breaking ability it stupid powerful i think it even pushes heroes back like a force push sometimes

Can be dodged, or baited, or otherwise avoided by not being near him.

it's not broken

9c1a9eb3dced0bda7ecfebf85d53a0ad-png.jpg?width=1440&height=198

"You are vastly overpowered" - Darth Vader
  • jonci
    1230 posts Member
    LOL, DS mains bleating already its not even been a day, it needs more time to get used to countering him.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Less than 24 hours and calls for nerf, pathetic, people did the same when last lot came out, no nerfs were done, and no one bleating anymore, because they got used to playing against them. Don't play then simple.

Agree. Find ways to counter his powerful abilities (yes, doing nothing is a counter since two of Anakin’s abilities charge with the amount of damage he receives). If you don’t want to use brain cells finding counters to powerful hero abilities, don’t play against heroes.

Extraction is a wonderful non-hero game mode btw. ;)
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • According to CT it should only be dealing a max of 350 dmg. 400 with the card.
    Still going to abuse it though.

Wouldn’t this ohk normal troopers and trooper reinforcements anyway? Or has it been ohk heroes as well?

• jonci wrote: »
    Less than 24 hours and calls for nerf, pathetic, people did the same when last lot came out, no nerfs were done, and no one bleating anymore, because they got used to playing against them. Don't play then simple.

Agree. Find ways to counter his powerful abilities (yes, doing nothing is a counter since two of Anakin’s abilities charge with the amount of damage he receives). If you don’t want to use brain cells finding counters to powerful hero abilities, don’t play against heroes.

Yeah me too. It's just like no one knows how to have fun
  • Raylol
    1140 posts Member
    If he was from DarkSide, I’d be furious, but as dark side has Vader, grievous, palpating, Boba and iden I don’t have problem with that. If you die as any of the villains I mentioned it’s your fault.
  • TjPunx
    1599 posts Member
    Way to oP
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2553 posts Member
    edited February 27
    jonci wrote: »

Yeah me too. It's just like no one knows how to have fun

I am already getting tired of the nerf Anakin threads. I haven’t played with Anakin yet, but the CT outlined specific ways to counter his charge-up abilities (namely don’t attack him and keep block up/roll away) since it freezes him in place.

• So funny how many people are logging in to Galactic Assault and the second they see they are on the dark side they log out. Everyone is just trying to queue light side. Patience folks patience.
    "-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • Is the person who gave his final okay to be released still employed? Because he shouldn't be.

Either that, or you tell me right now that Heroic Might's 1shot stuff was an honest(lol..) mistake.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Don't hit him!!!!

Don't hit him!!!!

What are we supposed to do, let him run wild?

c7x27ie7qx11.png

This team has had some bad excuses in the past, but this one takes the prize.
    I thought charlemagnes damaged Vader excuse was bad, but this has it beat by miles.

Really? They are saying don’t hit him while he is in the ability stance, surely that isn’t so hard to do as you make it seem.

• CC_1010 wrote: »
    I think it is neat that the villain players now have to play smart and can’t just rush in. The LS has a counter for their strong mega hero’s and many DS players have no idea how to fight at a disadvantage.
    They now have to play like the LS side and use tactics.
    Gone are the days of dark side ruling hvv!

This is why I agree with Anakin being powerful in this update. No more DS steamrolling saber-spammers.

• His face looks off, and his voice needs to be changed to Christensen's.
  • Got a game as Anakin on my 1st attempt in HvV , found him to feel a little clunky and not as smooth as Obi Wan and Dooku, I'm not great at hero modes but levelled up 2 and enjoyed using him , I think he can be very dangerous when used by a more skilled player but again equally skilled players will soon learn how to counter him well , overall a good addition to the game
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

You mean the days that were never there to begin with? The fact that people lacked the foresight to pick decent comps doesn't mean the side was disadvantaged. Finn carried the LS to victory just as well then as he does now. (People tend to just be too stupid to stick around him for the buffs.)

Fact is, there is literally nothing balanced about a potential 1shot ability. No matter how the sabershills will try to spin it.

It's ok in GA, because there, Stinger Pistols will counter him if he's dumb and charges it fully. In HvV, it's just the devs not having any sense of balance whatsoever, and instead opting for a cheap "gamechanger".

You'll giggle the first few times playing as him and killing everyone around you. Then, presuming your brain is fully developed, it quickly becomes silly.

Playing against him is just droll.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Raices
    1425 posts Member
    edited February 27
    It's very hard to activate, im getting killed constantly trying to use it. Im talking in GA, im spamming triangle but nothing happens most of the time.
  • CC_1010
    2529 posts Member
    edited February 27
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »

You mean the days that were never there to begin with? The fact that people lacked the foresight to pick decent comps doesn't mean the side was disadvantaged. Finn carried the LS to victory just as well then as he does now. (People tend to just be too stupid to stick around him for the buffs.)

Fact is, there is literally nothing balanced about a potential 1shot ability. No matter how the sabershills will try to spin it.

It's ok in GA, because there, Stinger Pistols will counter him if he's dumb and charges it fully. In HvV, it's just the devs not having any sense of balance whatsoever, and instead opting for a cheap "gamechanger".

You'll giggle the first few times playing as him and killing everyone around you. Then, presuming your brain is fully developed, it quickly becomes silly.

Playing against him is just droll.

Well I don’t like the one shot ability. But I think Anakin having the strength that he has is ok. I think we should wait a week and then give final feedback for him.
    People will figure out how to counter him.

I actually don’t like playing with him he is not my playstyle.
  • This is absurd. Who made an ability that can't be blocked by half the DS-team and can kill even if you don't fire at him (but your teammates do)?

This is one of the worst update DICE has ever made. Totally friggin nuts. Are they trying to kill the servers totally and end the money drain?

What is going on?
  • And now to everyone: what cards would you recommend for him?
  • Zirius wrote: »
    And now to everyone: what cards would you recommend for him?

Tenacious
    Massive strikes
    Reprisal

Or

Massive strikes
    All of them
    Pressure
  • Played around with him in arcade just to see what he’s like.

I found him a little clunky too, but couldn’t for the life of me work out how to trigger retribution: it happened once randomly, then I couldn’t get it working again.

Finally figured out I had to press and HOLD triangle for it to work.

Is this intentional or is it a bug (perhaps in arcade)?
    If intentional it would be nice if it were made clearer in the ability description.
  • I think you mean RB and LB.

Different controllers.
  • Atreus213
    575 posts Member
    edited February 27
    All Kylo has is the weakest blocking stamina. This was known.

Y'all just got a huge azz buff calm down.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • CornellAKABCM
    396 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Raices wrote: »
    It's very hard to activate, im getting killed constantly trying to use it. Im talking in GA, im spamming triangle but nothing happens most of the time.

It's not one of those standard press-to-use abilities. It has to be fully charged first, but the only way it will build up is if you or nearby teammates take damage. As this happens, you'll see the Retribution icon star to fill.
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    edited February 27
    I got one shotted with Heroic Might with complete full health while using Palpatine 3 times. 1 time for sure with Boba, another time maybe. And also 2 times with Kylo.
    Post edited by awakespace on
  • Nerfing the range on every ability, when is happening ?
  • Looking forward to stinger pistoling him back to mos eisley when I finish work
  • Give him the right voice and block animation and it's fine to me
  • His voice is soooooooo bad lol
  • On a serious note I cannot comment as I can’t play any games without the worst lag I’ve ever experienced followed by being disconnected and sent back to main menu

Uk PS4

Back to apex legends by the look of things
  • IronSoldier
    3795 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    My feedback is concerning his button layout. Maybe it's just me who feels this way.

Personally I would've put Pull Dominance on L1 like Kylo Ren's Pull. Then L1 + R1 as Heroic Might like Luke's Repulse, and Passionate Strike as R1 like Luke's dash, Obi-Wan's Rush, Darth Maul's spin attack.

Only gripe so far.

I agree. Having similar abilities in the same slot would be ideal.
  • Cadoth
    1182 posts Member
    I love him, he’s so fun to play and also pretty easy to use
  • When you drop a ton of CW content, but don't create a CW map list... :smiley:
  • All the people that say Anakin is op and saying its a bad thing your wrong by a long shot, dark side has been overpowered for a long time and light side gets a new hero that is actually good and can counter people that block all the time. Its only been not even a day since his release and your saying nerf this nerf that, how about instead of nerfing him learn how to counter Anakin, if he is using a ability that can be charged to be more powerful don't sit there and charge the ability for him and then when he uses it on you and you loose 75% of your health, don't complain about how powerful it is, learn how to play the game and his strategy and I get it you might be caught in the crossfire between a noob teammate and Anakin and then Anakin used his repulse ability, forgot what it was called and then you loose half your health well that can happen with literally any other character.

Anakin brings balance to the force he doesn't need to be touched, welllll maybe update the looks a little bit
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    Fix his damage output on his ability that is one shotting people and he's fine.
    Then you just need to buff the other saber users to his level.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    Ben just said this on Reddit.

“His damage output is based on the damage he receives, in short...don't hit him.”

“CT [400 damage] is incorrect, he [Anakin] can kill anyone.

Do not hit him, etc...”

Sounds like it might be intentional.

Ok so don't hit him ... hmm ... so how do you kill him?
  • I would give my feedback, if my Anakin wasn’t still at level 1 after almost 3 hours of playing... I couldn’t use him at all! In GA and HvV
  • I've only managed to play him in arcade, not lucky enough to get him online.

But can someone explain what happens / tell me the difference between the right ability and the bottom ability?
  • I've been watching anarchy ninja stream this morning and I'm pretty sure I saw him kill a full health bossk and boba fett lol.

Looks fun.
  • Pretty dissapointing face,

He is OP af...

This game is like a Problem child. Clone skins wrong, endless Bugs!!!!
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode