criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Anakin looks nothing like Hayden

Thechosen1_anakin
6792 posts Member
edited February 27
Jeez I don't know who that guy is but he looks powerful
Post edited by Thechosen1_anakin on

Replies

• And Dooku is to short

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• And Dooku is to short

Yeah the characters height low key bother me.
  • From the promotional material I thought something was off, his face looked bland, can't play the game yet but hearing this turns me down.
  • And Dooku is to short

Lol talk about Rey and Kylo being same height😑😑
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Smattonellus
    638 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Nvm just saw the gameplay, the face is bad, like really really bad
  • Yes this s by far the worst face in the game - it really looks nothing like him...
  • Not only, it has a very low amount of detail, Obi Wan's face was already bland, but this, is just flat. I think it's because these new characters had less funding behind them, possible?
  • Not only, it has a very low amount of detail, Obi Wan's face was already bland, but this, is just flat. I think it's because these new characters had less funding behind them, possible?

I don't know about that, because Dooku's face was done really well. Have they been told for Obi and Ani to make them more like life models of the TCW version of the characters potentially?

Can anyone post a picture? I'm at work for the next few hours and won't get to play til later
    PSN: ibrajoker59

Imo it's caused by Obi-Wan's beard which is a bit too big on the bottom

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• His Random chat sounds like Lando and Han depends what he says LOL
  • Oh my god, stop moaning.

He looks like a baby tho. His skin should be renamed to Little Ani

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

I'd love a little Anni skin! Add the yippie emote to boot!
  • Anakin looks fine to me. Some people are just born to moan
  • Yeah... No.
    ra732ng7ulra.png
    n39mu26fowhk.png
    vg51krhnf5pw.png
    il57fuhi1y4p.png
    Imho he looks almost exactly like in the movie.
    Yeah... No.
    ra732ng7ulra.png
    n39mu26fowhk.png
    vg51krhnf5pw.png
    il57fuhi1y4p.png

The third pic is good.
  • zacaepcd2fpu.jpg

Not really
  • jgvnlooln3j21.jpg

It could be better, but its not terrible. Like some such as Rey, the menu lighting doesn't do him any favors.
  • Look way more like him than that monstrosity in the trailer ;)
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • I actually don’t think it looks bad it’s just hard to get used to Matt’s voice instead of Hayden
  • I actually don’t think it looks bad it’s just hard to get used to Matt’s voice instead of Hayden

I've never seen the Clone Wars cartoon, but I did see someone joke after Matt was announced that he'll sound nothing like Hayden. I thought that was a bit of an exaggeration, as I think I've seen some people complain about Obi-Wan (who, minus his awful Guinness-attempting emote and one other line, sounds pretty spot-on to me)... but good grief. Playing and listening to this Anakin is HILARIOUS, as he looks MOSTLY like RotS Anakin... but like they've got some random guy to just dub him over.
    I mean, I can get keeping the Clone Wars VAs for continuity reasons, and I don't know if Matt's voice has just matured since CW, but... blimey, was that seriously the best DICE could do? Did they seriously hear Matt's delivery and think "we should totally use this, we close our eyes and boom its Anakin no question"? I'd have ditched the CW guy and just hunted for a voice actor who could at least do a good impersonation of Li'l Orphan Annie.
  • Yeah... No.
    ra732ng7ulra.png
    n39mu26fowhk.png
    vg51krhnf5pw.png
    il57fuhi1y4p.png

Silence of the lambs right?

It puts the lotion in the basket!

Just kidding I think he looks fine. :D

• bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    Yeah... No.
    ra732ng7ulra.png
    n39mu26fowhk.png
    vg51krhnf5pw.png
    il57fuhi1y4p.png

are these off pc?

He doesn't look like that on x1
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• He's got he mumps, hopefully he'll recover.
  • d0kRX
    1413 posts Member
    Maybe they didn't want dooku or anakin to look exactly like the actors for some reason. I don't know, but maybe they haven't gotten permission to use their exact look and can only use a similar likeness, or maybe they just have problems making videogame characters look like the actors lol.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Maybe they didn't want dooku or anakin to look exactly like the actors for some reason. I don't know, but maybe they haven't gotten permission to use their exact look and can only use a similar likeness, or maybe they just have problems making videogame characters look like the actors lol.

If they can't use the actors' likenesses, why did they specifically state that they were modeling Anakin after Hayden Christensen and Dooku after Christopher Lee?
  • It’s the voice that’s the worse thing
  • He doesn't look that bad.

I mean, nothing looks as bad as Rey and Kylo
  • I think it’s a pretty good likeness of Anakin. Not perfect by any means, but a lot of the issue is lighting.

The voice however, wow. I can’t believe people requested this. All the CW fans are like, “he’s been the voice far longer than Hayden.” So what? It’s Hayden they’re trying to emulate in the game, not a stylized cartoon.

I knew Matt’s voice wouldn’t match Hayden’s face well but I thought since there’s so many fans of him, it wouldn’t be too bad. Unfortunately, it’s worse than I was expecting. Not only does he not sound similar in any respect, the performance is really flat (yes, even compared to Hayden’s). It’s just a generic young hero voice, either sounding brave and heroic or angry and heroic, all with a live theatre style of emoting. I least got some instability and conflict from Hayden. It makes me appreciate him more.
  • It honestly does look like they tried to make him look more like Luke so that there would be more of a family resemblance than there is in the movies.
  • Since I'll see him mostly from the back it's meh but his voice is just wrong

I'd love a little Anni skin! Add the yippie emote to boot!

Now THIS is pod racing!
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • What about the voice? :unamused:
    Current Topics:
    Hero/Villain Star Card Concepts
    Leia Organa Ability Improvements

b1p3arep6n15.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙛𝙪𝙡, 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧! ❞
    - Captain Phasma

• He doesn't look BAD but It does look like they've modelled him after Matt instead of Hayden which is a bit odd. Personally think his eyes need to be bigger to look more like Hayden. Too small now.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • The head isn't good done, few details and nothing expressive.
    Dooku is much better done.

Devs must be improve it!

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I think it’s a pretty good likeness of Anakin. Not perfect by any means, but a lot of the issue is lighting.

The voice however, wow. I can’t believe people requested this. All the CW fans are like, “he’s been the voice far longer than Hayden.” So what? It’s Hayden they’re trying to emulate in the game, not a stylized cartoon.

I knew Matt’s voice wouldn’t match Hayden’s face well but I thought since there’s so many fans of him, it wouldn’t be too bad. Unfortunately, it’s worse than I was expecting. Not only does he not sound similar in any respect, the performance is really flat (yes, even compared to Hayden’s). It’s just a generic young hero voice, either sounding brave and heroic or angry and heroic, all with a live theatre style of emoting. I least got some instability and conflict from Hayden. It makes me appreciate him more.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. I think he looks like Christensen (not 100% but almost there) but the voice is terrible.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Anakin from the side looks like Hayden but from the front something seems off. They need to tweak his face and make him look more like Hayden by the next update !
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Here is a mod called "Filmic Anakin" that someone made to fix Anakin's face. It really looks like they were rushed for time and didn't quite finish his face detail
    1183-1551494573-947027525.png

1183-1551530259-248286212.png
    1183-1551530263-1853857404.png
    1183-1551530519-1155161469.png
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Here is a mod called "Filmic Anakin" that someone made to fix Anakin's face. It really looks like they were rushed for time and didn't quite finish his face detail
    1183-1551494573-947027525.png

1183-1551530259-248286212.png
    1183-1551530263-1853857404.png
    1183-1551530519-1155161469.png

That looks a thousand times better. Why are these guys always rushed? What are they doing over there?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh