criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Get a new voice for Anakin asap!

Prev1
We want Anakin to sound like Hayden! Not nearly as immersive as it could be. Bad call that was made imo.

Replies

• The only game Hayden ever did a voice in was a Lego game. I don't think Dice is going to try and get him to rerecord lines for this one when many of the characters don't use their movie actor, some do most don't.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • JAREDUP
    1594 posts Member
    Matt Lucas does it perfect, wtf who thinks he sounds too British? The show he was maybe higher pitched but just listen to OG Battlefront 2, he nailed it
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • jordi1337
    1350 posts Member
    Colin777 wrote: »
    I mean i heard something in germany about how they got the real actor to voice obi wan so why cant we do the same

because hayden is too expensive?!?!
  • I cant stand his voice, i cant play with him like this
  • The only game Hayden ever did a voice in was a Lego game. I don't think Dice is going to try and get him to rerecord lines for this one when many of the characters don't use their movie actor, some do most don't.

Lego games don’t have dialogue lol
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    I mean i heard something in germany about how they got the real actor to voice obi wan so why cant we do the same

Doubtful. Hayden hasn’t done much acting lately and the very few movies he’s acted in recently haven’t really been mainstream hits

Doubtful. Hayden hasn’t done much acting lately and the very few movies he’s acted in recently haven’t really been mainstream hits
    Matt Lanter is a big time actor with mainstream hits?

It doesn’t matter. The point is expense likely wasn’t the issue. Before anakin was even released lanter expressed interest on Twitter in voicing anakin for the game. The developers, especially Dennis, being a huge fan of the tv shows responded to lanter that they would be in touch. The developers obviously preferred to have lanter and that’s who they went with unfortunately.
  • cdiddy486 wrote: »
    We want Anakin to sound like Hayden! Not nearly as immersive as it could be. Bad call that was made imo.

I agree .. bad call made in production of the character.

But not really sure this is a priority right now.

It doesn’t matter. The point is expense likely wasn’t the issue. Before anakin was even released lanter expressed interest on Twitter in voicing anakin for the game. The developers, especially Dennis, being a huge fan of the tv shows responded to lanter that they would be in touch. The developers obviously preferred to have lanter and that’s who they went with unfortunately.

Very unfortunate! The least they could do was make Anakin look like Hayden

Won’t be a priority ever

I agree its not a priority but its still an issue
  • I think it is fine the way it is. Does hayden even want to come voice act for this game? Probably not
  • Hayden would have been too expensive probably, so they got Matt Lanter, Anakin's voice from the 2008 Clone Wars show. Only other option would have been Mat Lucas, Anakin's voice actor from the first Clone Wars show from 2003 and some of the older Star Wars games, but he made Anakin sound kind of British imo, wasn't a fan of his take on Anakin at all. I'm fine with Matt Lanter's Anakin, it sounds deeper and more badass than Hayden's imo, Hayden always kind of made Anakin sound whiny, even in Episode 3.

agreed i really like matt lanter, by the way you might like a show called "Timeless" Matt is is it and its really really good
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    I think it is fine the way it is. Does hayden even want to come voice act for this game? Probably not

Ya but their are alternatives

And if they ever did get a new voice actor i dont think they would get rid of matt lanters there would be an option for the two
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    I think it is fine the way it is. Does hayden even want to come voice act for this game? Probably not
    Why yall always assuming things? Who said he wouldn’t lol
  • crssquared wrote: »
    yeh no. Much prefer Matt to Hayden.

But would you mind a optioned voice so you can still have matt lanter and other people can have a hayden impersonator
  • Evo911
    258 posts Member

Are you sure that finally they changed the german voice?
  • Evo911 wrote: »

Are you sure that finally they changed the german voice?

Haha, i forgot i even said that. But heck i dont even know. But someone on this forum told me about it
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 21
    80gg6bkd9t92.gif
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    80gg6bkd9t92.gif

I dont see whats funny about bringing up an actual issues some people have. Unless your willing to point out what’s hilarious
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 21
    Maliainu wrote: »
    80gg6bkd9t92.gif

I dont see whats funny about bringing up an actual issues some people have. Unless your willing to point out what’s hilarious

Everything about this discussion

source.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1594 posts Member
    Matt Lucas sounds just like Hayden
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
    80gg6bkd9t92.gif

source.gif

Unless you have something to say bounce
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    80gg6bkd9t92.gif

source.gif

I did already. Thanks!
    80gg6bkd9t92.gif

source.gif

I did already. Thanks!

And it was irrelevant thanks
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    80gg6bkd9t92.gif

source.gif

I did already. Thanks!

And it was irrelevant thanks

Irrelevant how? That this topic is a joke? You’re welcome.
  • Colin777
    595 posts Member
    edited April 21
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Matt Lucas sounds just like Hayden

I would love for matt lucas to play Anakin, no lie
    @JAREDUP
  • Imagine if the clone wars tv show never existed and EA added a low voiced Anakin with someone elses face. And then youll understand the frustration with people that dont like or watch the tv shows. Not speaking for all people that dont like the tv show im just assuming they dont like Anakins voice, face either
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Imagine if the clone wars tv show never existed and EA added a low voiced Anakin with someone elses face. And then youll understand the frustration with people that dont like or watch the tv shows. Not speaking for all people that dont like the tv show im just assuming they dont like Anakins voice, face either

Say it again for the people in the back