criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Anakin doesn’t have and won’t have an weakness.

Raylol
1140 posts Member
edited February 27
Before you say ‘he’s new, later people will know to fight him’, let me tell you there’s no way he has an weakness, I’m the best hero player in the world and i already mastered him after 5 matches of HS with him, he doesn’t have weakness and won’t have.

‘But palpating slaughters jedis’, yeah, but people are underestimating the power of Anakin’s combo. Pull + left ability’s + saber + saber strikes, there’s nothing Palps can do.

Boba destroyed Jedi’s too, but with his pull and his combo there’s nothing Boba can do.

He is so easy to 2v1.

Replies

• Raylol wrote: »
    Before you say ‘he’s new, later people will know to fight him’, let me tell you there’s no way he has an weakness, I’m the best hero player in the world and i already mastered him after 5 matches of HS with him, he doesn’t have weakness and won’t have.

‘But palpating slaughters jedis’, yeah, but people are underestimating the power of Anakin’s combo. Pull + left ability’s + saber + saber strikes, there’s nothing Palps can do.

Boba destroyed Jedi’s too, but with his pull and his combo there’s nothing Boba can do.

He is so easy to 2v1.

I really hate how hes just a combo hero nothing to really strategize with
  • I saw a villain team have some success today by all camping around a Phasma turret. I've personally had some luck fighting Anakin today with Boskk and Vader.
  • sky is falling I see
  • N_AM10
    55 posts Member
    Raylol wrote: »

He is so easy to 2v1.

Let me list a few Anakin weaknesses.

STAPs
    Vader
    Dooku
    Kylo
    Phasma's droid
    Iden's alt. fire(stay at a range)
    Boba
    Commando droids(I swear those guys are hero killers)
  • Dice made him into a DPS and a Tank

He shouldn't be both.
    For the Rebellion!

He shouldn't be both.

No the lightside needed both for HvV

Instead of turning him into both, they could have buffed another lightside Hero.
    For the Rebellion!

He shouldn't be both.

Instead of turning him into both, they could have buffed another lightside Hero.

They did & you take anakin out the darkside still wins
  • GranularAni9
    277 posts Member
    edited April 21
    Dice made him into a DPS and a Tank

He shouldn't be both.

Well, that means there's still an unbalance, more heroes will need to be buffed. One character alone shouldn't be the determining factor of win or loss.
    For the Rebellion!
  • KresusFIN
    2716 posts Member
    Dice made him into a DPS and a Tank

He shouldn't be both.

Well, that means there's still an unbalance, more heroes will need to be buffed. One character alone shouldn't be the determining factor of win or loss.

It does come down to who holds the controller rather than what hero they picked. Anakin just enables people with no business in competitive (versus modes, by default) multiplayer games to begin with to actually contribute, and in many cases perform well. Bad players perform well. Good players carry games.

But then, you remember when he came out? They literally sat there, released the CT and said "He is meant to be cheap"

They had a chance to promote growth in people, to simply force people to play better, rather than crafting Anakin as a handhold crutch to bads; But to nobody's great surprise, here we are.

LS, with the right comp and playstyle, was always equal, if not above the DS in HvV. They had the advantage in GA already. Anakin is just icing on an already moist cake when Yoda, Finn and Rey are already buffing the troops and providing insights all over the battlefront.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • his weakness is Padme..
  • Kamykatz
    158 posts Member
    edited April 21
    I've been in quite a few HvV matches recently where the LS lost despite Anakin. Usually, in those rounds the DS moves as a unit and focuses on Anakin, leaving him no chance. Anakin finishes with no more than 5 kills or not even making it to the top 5. I've been seeing this more frequently, from both sides of the story. Of course, in the hands of a competent player Anakin slays, but in my humble experience, a LS win is absolutely not a given despite his presence on the team.
  • Raylol wrote: »

He is so easy to 2v1.

Fact. Always appreciate your insight on hero gameplay as it holds more weight than the rest of the community combined. Thank you for this thread.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I know of a weakness...

He takes damage like every other hero
  • I put up a guide on how to deal with anakin in the gameplay discussion. I will expand upon if if people care to read it.