criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Flash grenade hell

theleebryan
607 posts Member
edited February 16
So… I’m struggling to remember a time in any of the movies when a flash grenade was let off. Are flash grenades really in keeping with laser swords? Surely Chewie could’ve just dropped a flash grenade into the ATST IN ROTJ? Han could’ve thrown one down the Prison block saving all the garbage (rubbish as it’s known in the motherland) compactor malarkey. They don’t seem very ‘Star Wars’ now do they devs… what you saying… devs…devs?…de…

Replies

• They're completely in line with Star Wars canon, except, like all grenades, they've been massively weakened in SWBF2 for gameplay reasons.
  • d0kRX
    1418 posts Member
    So… I’m struggling to remember a time in any of the movies when a flash grenade was let off. Are flash grenades really in keeping with laser swords? Surely Chewie could’ve just dropped a flash grenade into the ATST IN ROTJ? Han could’ve thrown one down the Prison block saving all the garbage (rubbish as it’s known in the motherland) compactor malarkey. They don’t seem very ‘Star Wars’ now do they devs… what you saying… devs…devs?…de…

Ah I see that you're one of the extremists that want pure immersion. Not gonna happen. If it did we'd be running around with the same few guns, lightsabers, and one stupid thermal imploder. Sounds pretty limited to me. No vanguard, no infiltration, no sentry, no impact grenades, no Sonic implodes, no scan darts, etc. I could go on about how this would make the game more boring.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Guessing they must be in the cartoons then
  • ModusMoriendi
    662 posts Member
    edited February 16
    We've discussed flash grenade canon, effectiveness, etc. many times before... Here's one old post with examples... Can we please give it a rest now?

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1228413#Comment_1228413
  • I’m glad there’s more people feeling my pain, thanks for the link.

Next stop, vanguard slugs and why they’re not lasers!
  • Star Wars extremist, kind of like that… minus the killing of innocent Wookiee’s.
  • I don't mind the flash grenades, but the other day on the DS II map, I literally got flash banged 6 times in a row while trying to hold down a corridor. It can get very annoying at times, but luckily that doesn't happen very often.
  • So… I’m struggling to remember a time in any of the movies when a flash grenade was let off. Are flash grenades really in keeping with laser swords? Surely Chewie could’ve just dropped a flash grenade into the ATST IN ROTJ? Han could’ve thrown one down the Prison block saving all the garbage (rubbish as it’s known in the motherland) compactor malarkey. They don’t seem very ‘Star Wars’ now do they devs… what you saying… devs…devs?…de…

there's plenty of weapons that weren't in the movies. But its a game so enjoy. Shock Grenades, barrage, acid launcher, ion grenade, personal shield, trip mines, etc..