criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The great big Anakin feedback thread

Replies

• DarthLuke wrote: »
    Yes they are, because guns are fodder to force powers in Star Wars universe, deal with it
    DarthLuke wrote: »
    His harsh pull can be blocked, his spell that makes him have damage reduction is stagerable. As long as you choke or push his ability is canceled. His strike slow motion is so easy to dodge.

Likewise if he detonates just dodge. The telegraph is colossal it is dodge able without any skill.

In regard to the aoe choke, just block. It’s ridiculous ppl. Stop complaining. The chosen one has the most power of all heroes.

So blaster hero's are just to be cannon fodder?

You took a wrong turn. Jedi Power Battles is waaaay back there. Glowstick shills have no place on the battleFRONT.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Yes they are, because guns are fodder to force powers in Star Wars universe, deal with it
    His harsh pull can be blocked, his spell that makes him have damage reduction is stagerable. As long as you choke or push his ability is canceled. His strike slow motion is so easy to dodge.

Likewise if he detonates just dodge. The telegraph is colossal it is dodge able without any skill.

In regard to the aoe choke, just block. It’s ridiculous ppl. Stop complaining. The chosen one has the most power of all heroes.

You took a wrong turn. Jedi Power Battles is waaaay back there. Glowstick shills have no place on the battleFRONT.

That’s a different discussion all together, they are here and there gonna be strong, Andy gun heroes have an option.

It’s called break line of sight by hiding behind an object, then it can’t hit you
  • DarthLuke wrote: »

Okay, so we should expect to two-shot all heroes dead as long as it is from the back?

https://www.starwars.com/video/execute-order-66

1:20 mark

"-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • Grinch wrote: »

Okay, so we should expect to two-shot all heroes dead as long as it is from the back?

https://www.starwars.com/video/execute-order-66

1:20 mark

"B-but order 66 didn't happen in MY headcanon REEEEEEEE!"

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• A lot of people don’t seem too understand the definition of OP, and it seems like a lot of you judge a hero by IF you can counter them,”IF”, not beat them or actually win against the hero “IF” you can counter them. If you wanna know the best way to counter Anakin its too just run the other direction away from Anakin, thats not how this game should be played. what the real definition of OP is, is the damage out put of the hero, what the hero can do to other heroes when they don’t counter perfectly, I don’t need to bring up his abilities we all know they do insane damage to other heroes. OP is also how much damage a hero can take and I’m pretty sure Anakin can take more damage then any hero with a maxed out star card giving him 1,000 base health. On a 1v1 match not blocking at all Anakin beats grievous with lightsaber spam, OP also means how the hero can benefit from their own ability’s and Anakin’s ability’s are just simple answers too all possible problems you could run into in battlfront. So how by the actually definition of OP is Anakin not. But finally everyone says “ just don’t hit Anakin when he’s doing heroic might.” Thats bull crap name one other hero except obi wan that uses a ability that makes you vulnerable and doesn’t take damage like crazy
  • OP. I used twice today on HvV. On second match I got its mechanics and made 26 kills easily. When I was objetive I simply wait all villians to surround me and in an instant all killed....
  • DarthLuke
    440 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Correction ppl anakain is not broken. He is how they all should be. The other heroes are just bantha poodo
  • Just played a match against an Anakin. Tell me why he can just fully charge heroic might, while receiving a damage reduction, and then one shot every villain around him that are at full health? This anakin got over 30 kills just doing that all game on a small map like hoth. That HAS to be a glitch, there is no way Dice can be that twisted to make a one shot ability like that for any hero... Please fix.

But he’s the chosen one..
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member

Blasters have killed more Jedi then Jedi have killed blasters

If we go by this then all characters should die from one blaster shot
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    Correction ppl anakain is not broken. He is how they all should be. The other heroes are just bantha poodo

So basically all vehicles should be nearly unstoppable and impervious to blaster fire? Can AAT shots one shot all Jedi or Sith?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Love Anakin so far and his abilities. I think it’s a great twist that he dishes back the damage he takes as heroes and villians often get team killed. But to be clear, he should be the only character to ever do this power in any side - no repeats like with mind trick.
  • Raices
    1154 posts Member
    Anakin should be marked with some kind of symbol when he has "retribution" filled up, it's an ability you can't escape and deals massive damage. Heroic might needs some kind of warning when being charged up(like greedo last game).
  • Peepzilla
    931 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Don't let the pleb trolls sidetrack this conversation: Anakin is broken -- cap the damage on heroic might and maybe not have it one-shot kill full hp villains through walls, floors, and doors.

WATCH THIS VIDEO, IT'S HAPPENING NONSTOP NOW

https://reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/avlz72/wow/

These same type of clowns probably wanted the Lando glitch to stay because they suddenly felt good at something by abusing a broken mechanic.
  • Raices
    1154 posts Member
    For some things canon is important in this game, for others "it's a game this isn't the movies". If Anakin is going to remain in this state i suppose all the other heroes are gonna get buffed? Right?

Anakin is fun to play, but it doesn't feel right he's that much better than the other heroes(except palps and bossk).
  • ClavinNatas
    262 posts Member
    edited February 28
    He looks like he has been eating hamburgers or lard or something of that nature. His face looks very chubby from the side. Poor Ani needs to get on a treadmill.
  • “YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FIX HvV NOT DESTROY IT. BRING IT BALANCE, NOT LEAVE IT IN DARKNESS!!!”
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Don't let the pleb trolls sidetrack this conversation: Anakin is broken -- cap the damage on heroic might and maybe not have it one-shot kill full hp villains through walls, floors, and doors.

These same type of clowns probably wanted the Lando glitch to stay because they suddenly felt good at something by abusing a broken mechanic.

Heck even extending the cooldown. It cools down way fast

“bUt aLl YoU hAvE tO dO iS cOunTeR hiM”

Its sad how dumb some people are
  • Anakins abilitys are just simple answers for bad players to use when they cant solve a problem in a match
  • I don't want to scream at people and call them dumb for saying the "don't shoot him" stuff - because it's easy to think that at first. I thought that, too, after only playing HvV - which I think he's balanced decently in.

But GA only took me one map and two OHK with full hp villains when I couldn't even SEE him to realize this game is virtually unplayable right now.
  • Lower damage on heroic might and the damage reduction on Anakin

Either get rid of saber stun or make it so his passionate strike doenst knock down enemys

Lower his health so he cant have a maxed 1,000
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't want to scream at people and call them dumb for saying the "don't shoot him" stuff - because it's easy to think that at first. I thought that, too, after only playing HvV - which I think he's balanced decently in.

But GA only took me one map and two OHK with full hp villains when I couldn't even SEE him to realize this game is virtually unplayable right now.

tenor.gif?itemid=12502580
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
    I don't want to scream at people and call them dumb for saying the "don't shoot him" stuff - because it's easy to think that at first. I thought that, too, after only playing HvV - which I think he's balanced decently in.

Incidentally, GA is the only mode where you can legit counter him. Stinger Pistols will pretty much kill him if you just unload while he's doing his repulse or choke ult. Damage reduction will only apply to the initial hit and the first tick or two. Then it starts ramping up. He loses a **** ton of permahealth.

y6qvidach2x9.png

I just shot him about 17 times with the stinger pistol. Either there is so much lag that I never hit him at close range (albeit I saw the stinger pistol blasts hitting him) or he is totally immune to stinger damage. (He was running not in Heroic Might mode). The more you engage him the quicker that Retribution charges and he uses it. This is just stupid. Add in that half the people playing dark side log out the second they see they can't get Anakin and then even worse....EVEN worse...when you finally get a 20 v 20 game, 10 of the people on light side are sitting in menu rapidly clicking X (PS4) hoping to spawn as Anakin the second they get 4500 pts. I kept wondering how the eff on final levels we only had 10 people playing objective and yet 20 on the team.
  • Peepzilla
    931 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Yeah, if you couple in half the lobby staying greyed out and idle waiting for lil' Ani to die with his one-shot killing every enemy villain, GA is just an unbalanced mess right now.

HvV is a lot more fun, though. So... good job on that... I guess?
  • And get rid of the stupid push that has a mile radius on his retribution
  • "Just don't shoot him and run away...simple as that".

Wow...this game just got MOAR PHUN!
  • Lower damage on heroic might and the damage reduction on Anakin

Either get rid of saber stun or make it so his passionate strike doenst knock down enemys

Lower his health so he cant have a maxed 1,000

And decrease the radius on retributions force push
  • lower damage and range of Heroic Might
    lower damage of Retribution, if someone hits you then cancel damage. I've died from full health by getting choked by Retribution, then getting slashed b Obi while STILL taking damage from the "choke" (even though the choking animation was over), to finally receive the "repulse" blast :lol:

I don't have major issues with current state of passionate strike
  • He’s op now because people keep hitting him when he uses heroic might. Instead of complaining about how op he is learn how to counter him

"lEaRn tO COuNtEr hIM". Have you seen this video clip? Bug or not when you can't even see him amidst all the fighting how is that fair that you run in a room and get 1 hit killed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/avlz72/wow/
  • MC_XIX
    1666 posts Member
    I would say:

- lower base health to 750
    - cap Heroic Might to 300 damage
    - cap Retribution to 150 damage
    - make Heroic Might & retribution both blockable

He would then be reasonably well balanced.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    6737 posts Member
    edited February 28
    His L1/Lb should be pull, heroic might should be R1& L1,/Lb & Rb, & strike should be R1/Rb
  • Kinda agree. Makes more sense.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Raices
    1154 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I would say:

- lower base health to 750
    - cap Heroic Might to 300 damage
    - cap Retribution to 150 damage
    - make Heroic Might & retribution both blockable

He would then be reasonably well balanced.

Heroic Might 400dmg(blockable)
    Retribution 250dmg(not blockable)
    Base health 800
  • He doesn't need nerfing... Once everyone works out how to play against him he'll be fine.
  • Yeah, Pull is in the spot where his signature ability should be. Pull and Heroic Impact should switch spots to have some consistency between heroes.
  • Well I still haven't really played him much online but initial impression is it look very little like annakin. So has to go down as worst hero in that regard which is a pity.
  • DarthJ
    6454 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »

So effectively anyone who likes him or has a difference in opinion to you is a pleb or a troll? Yeah OK

Nerf herders are hilarious this time around. Its embarassing
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I think he only needs a damage reduction to heroes on his push and retribution. It should do like they said before, 400dmg max, that way it doesn't one-shot heroes. The rest is fine imo, heroes should be heroes.
  • Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited February 28
    I just wanna say, I was very exited for Anakin he's probably my favourite LS hero and like everyone have been waiting a long time for his arrival. I feel like the rest of the heroes have been great, the work put into them to make them feel like the character is incredible! Anakin however just doesnt feel right to me.

Heroic Might is just an OP upgrade to Luke's repulse but i feel like its just lame? He can stand perfectly still holding his hands in front of him whilst taking unlimited blaster fire and saber strikes without flinching and then proceed to kill everything around him this ability can wipe a whole team out too its stupid! I managed to ohk a full health Greivous with it and kill around half the team and took no damage although id just been lit up like a chirstmas tree. Ive never seen anakin do this in star wars i know this is a game but imo this is not a good abillity match for anakin.

Retribution is another 360° AOE ability and is also massively OP i mean i dont really know where to start but i'll just say its also something i couldnt really see anakin doing but ok.

I really was hoping anakin would have a saber throw and genuinely heartbroken would of been awsome! Would like to see a future lightside hero with a saber throw.

The only things i actually like are the basic animations like the saber strikes, walking, running and jumping they all feel like Anakin but Even blocking isnt right IMO, the "BRACE" victory pose would of been a perfect blocking stance for Anakin

Overall kind of disapointed that instead of Anakin Skywalker we got a hero who is basically a god using none of the force abilities id picture him using other than pull dominance which is a reworked kylo pull but decent none the less.
    Thats my feedback would like to see if anyone agrees with how i feel about this!
    Post edited by Arcanewarrior on
  • hahaha, I just had a 35 player kill streak with Anakin on Starkiller base. Only one kill with a light saber. Everything else with Heroic Might. While in Heroic Might I even withstood the direct fire from a starfighter. So way OP. LOLOL Untouchable.
  • relax, listen to this when you want to saber destroy your console/computer

• He’s perfectly fine in GA, not everything is based of Heroes Vs Villains alright! Yes he is powerful in heroes vs villains but he does have his counters and is killable. They did a good job in representing him in how he plays, he is aggressive and jumps into the heat of battle and comes out victorious just like in the movies and clone wars series. Quit complaining guys and be happy you got him and stop asking for nerfs because that’s all you guys seem to do on here.

this
  • if nothing else, his retribution should not go through walls or ceilings or floors.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    relax, listen to this when you want to saber destroy your console/computer

tenor.gif?itemid=7680144
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • One question, why isn't yoda (master of the force) this powerful? :/
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    One question, why isn't yoda (master of the force) this powerful? :/

He wasn't chosen.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    One question, why isn't yoda (master of the force) this powerful? :/

He wasn't chosen.

By the devs :D Yoda was a good example of balanced, as was luke when he was working, and rey, maul, vader. What ever happend to having heroes which were powerful but if you didn't use your brain and ended up in a tight spot you would be dead.
  • Grinch wrote: »
    Too op. It's ruining the game. Period

Dude I could not agree more! It is STUPID. So on Endor at the last leg, I spawned as Anakin. Walked right into the small room dropped down from the second level, used Heroic Might right away. 14 player kill streak! 14 (including 2 heroes) in less than 5 seconds. With NO STAR CARDS! All I did was Heroic Might. Never even fired my light saber at anyone. Cleared the room instantly. How insane is that?

I think was one of the heroes that had been killed in that situation.... Do you play on Xbox? I had been Palpatine since the 2nd phase of the match and had a pretty decent kill streak going, and had retreated and recharged my health up to full..... Then when I dashed forward, to the objective since I did see my team was mostly on it, I got blasted by an Anakin (that I never saw and you would think I'd be out of range or the attack would have been blocked by the environment) and died at full health 🙄.. That was some **** LOL he definitely needs a reduction in damage, or as others have suggested swapping abilities...