criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hotfix needed: The game can't stay like this for a month

Prev1
awakespace
888 posts Member
edited February 28
These are completely game breaking:
  • Obi-Wan and Anakin's damage reduction lasting for many seconds after their abilities
  • Blocking being in the worst state it's ever been (both not being able to block while under attack, and the glitch were it is dead until stamina drain)
  • Anakin being able to one shot anyone with Heroic Might - 400 damage cap needed (I know not to hit him during charge, but all it takes is one dummy to kill everyone)

(And these are less game breaking, but: having Kylo's Frenzy refuse to trigger half the time, Mauls throw still landing poorly, Boba's jetpack not working, Bossk's thermal vision not working, slightly buffing Lando to compensate for neutering his primary ability against heroes, Balancing old characters with new characters, etc)

Replies

• DICE's thorough playtesting btw.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Agree about the first 2 bullet points, and the points about hero abilities not working.

Disagree on the Anakin point - he has been out for around 24 hours, people need to learn both how to play him and how to play against him before even thinking of bringing out the gigantic nerf hammer you all seem to have primed

All he needs is the 400 damage cap, maybe a lil higher depending on how high infantry health buffing can stack.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Agree about the first 2 bullet points, and the points about hero abilities not working.

Disagree on the Anakin point - he has been out for around 24 hours, people need to learn both how to play him and how to play against him before even thinking of bringing out the gigantic nerf hammer you all seem to have primed

Agree. The first two points need a hotfix. Anakin is fine to me. Haven't been ohk by him because I don't feed into his ability and know how to throw up a block or find cover.

Had it happen once to me as Boba, then I knew to avoid it based on animations. Easy enough!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Couldn’t agree more. No hero should have the ability to one shot other heroes. Especially a passive ability that can be triggered by a couple of your teammates foolish enough to fire. Certain maps in GA were already difficult enough to win as droids (Naboo, Kamino, Kashyyyk, etc). It’ll be nearly impossible now
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree more. No hero should have the ability to one shot other heroes. Especially a passive ability that can be triggered by a couple of your teammates foolish enough to fire. Certain maps in GA were already difficult enough to win as droids (Naboo, Kamino, Kashyyyk, etc). It’ll be nearly impossible now

Well, once your teammates learn not to attack him for the 3-4 seconds this ability goes on for, he won't one shot heroes.
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    Couldn’t agree more. No hero should have the ability to one shot other heroes. Especially a passive ability that can be triggered by a couple of your teammates foolish enough to fire. Certain maps in GA were already difficult enough to win as droids (Naboo, Kamino, Kashyyyk, etc). It’ll be nearly impossible now

Well, once your teammates learn not to attack him for the 3-4 seconds this ability goes on for, he won't one shot heroes.

Still dumb that we all need to stop because of a hero ability and wait for it to play out.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ wrote: »

When will that happen? This game has been out over a year and players still shoot yoda’s unleash ability. You can’t justify a hero having a one hit ability on other heroes IMO.
  • TjPunx
    1242 posts Member
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Yeah. I hate to agree but it’s untenable.

I quit hvv today not because of exploiters or runnners but because the game was just hopelessly imbalanced. Anakin Rey and Obiwan.

I’m not staying around to basically be farmed for XP by whoever managed to get Anakin first.

It’s the first time I’ve really considered whether I’m going to stay playing. Thank god for SFA at least you can get a good match there.

I’ve not even bothered with GA since Anakin dropped. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

pH

Leaving a match mid game makes you know better than cheaters IMO, as you’re letting your team down
  • I haven't played the game in about 6 months and just came back to find out that it's still riddled with bugs and glitches like never before.
    This update is a disaster alongside with game breaking ridicolous OP Anakin one shoting full health 800HP Vilains. Is it even posible to fix this game enymore if Dice/EA dont care enymore. HvV is is unplayable with all NO BLOCK glitches , half of the imput dont registering, enemies blocking from behind , atacks not registering etc.
  • Bad_Tooth wrote: »

When will that happen? This game has been out over a year and players still shoot yoda’s unleash ability. You can’t justify a hero having a one hit ability on other heroes IMO.

This exactly - you are relying on 19 other players to do the same. And it's not a nerf to bring it down to 400, it's what DICE said the max would be...
  • Imagine if it was Palps having 80% damage reduction for half an eternity after using something. He'd be killswitched immediately.

Ahh, but of course. These characters have lightsabers. Can't deprive the kids of the joy of living out their headcanon fanfiction ingame.
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    awakespace wrote: »

This exactly - you are relying on 19 other players to do the same. And it's not a nerf to bring it down to 400, it's what DICE said the max would be...

It isn't even a nerf, it is a bug fix, though they are trying to push the bug as a feature and the shills are buying into it.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

It isn't even a nerf, it is a bug fix, though they are trying to push the bug as a feature and the shills are buying into it.

Surprised? It has a lightsaber and was touted constantly to be a "gamechanger". What can we realistically expect from these people after that :(
  • Finest_Banana
    1158 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Why is the attention always on heroes? Infantry needs some love. There's been game-breaking infantry bugs since launch.
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Surprised? It has a lightsaber and was touted constantly to be a "gamechanger". What can we realistically expect from these people after that :(

Based off balancing for this game and bfv, I expect a game balanced around low end players who will cry when the high end players become immortal.
    Wish I were high end too :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• He won't be killswitched, they flat out said so and making it out to be a typo is just excuses, no word on obi wan but he won't be kill switched either which is absurd considering palps was and his was intended in the first place
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    He won't be killswitched, they flat out said so and making it out to be a typo is just excuses, no word on obi wan but he won't be kill switched either which is absurd considering palps was and his was intended in the first place

Palps was zapping people across the map while looking in a completely different direction. Ani has 1 broken ability.

h846398gb27k.png

• Phyrebrat wrote: »

I quit hvv today not because of exploiters or runnners but because the game was just hopelessly imbalanced. Anakin Rey and Obiwan.

I’m not staying around to basically be farmed for XP by whoever managed to get Anakin first.

It’s the first time I’ve really considered whether I’m going to stay playing. Thank god for SFA at least you can get a good match there.

I’ve not even bothered with GA since Anakin dropped. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

pH

Nearly every Ani I have seen in GA so far has just hung around at the back of the map. The first game I played after the update I got enough points in the first phase but Ani was already taken by the one member of my team in front of me. Then didn't see him the whole game and he wasn't on the leaderboard at all. To get a hero first phase, carry him to the end and have something like10 elims shouldn't even be possible.
  • MC_XIX
    1419 posts Member
    Great topic. If a hotfix isn't possible, kill switching Anakin and Obi- Wan is the only alternative. They completely break HvV with their invincibility.

Palpatine was never this bad. He may have had homing lightning, but he never had 4000hp like these two currently have.
  • They already flat out said their are not getting kill switched, so looks like it will be broken for at least another month
  • Bad_Tooth wrote: »

Oh and don't forget the heavies putting down ion turrets on death star to attack infantry, months after it no longer works. :D

You don't need 24 hours to see him spawn camp the enemy team with Heroic Might. He isn't even purple'd for most guys and is easily above everyone in offense and defense. He is broken.
  • How dare the light side have an OP Hero 🙄
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    How dare the light side have an OP Hero 🙄

How dare they
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Phyrebrat wrote: »

pH

Leaving a match mid game makes you know better than cheaters IMO, as you’re letting your team down

Okay. I can live with that.

pH
  • awakespace wrote: »
    • Obi-Wan and Anakin's damage reduction lasting for many seconds after their abilities
    • Blocking being in the worst state it's ever been (both not being able to block while under attack, and the glitch were it is dead until stamina drain)
    • Anakin being able to one shot anyone with Heroic Might - 400 damage cap needed (I know not to hit him during charge, but all it takes is one dummy to kill everyone)

(And these are less game breaking, but: having Kylo's Frenzy refuse to trigger half the time, Mauls throw still landing poorly, Boba's jetpack not working, Bossk's thermal vision not working, slightly buffing Lando to compensate for neutering his primary ability against heroes, Balancing old characters with new characters, etc)

The thing that is freaking me out the most is the block glitch, it’s happening too frequently now
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Great topic. If a hotfix isn't possible, kill switching Anakin and Obi- Wan is the only alternative. They completely break HvV with their invincibility.

Palpatine was never this bad. He may have had homing lightning, but he never had 4000hp like these two currently have.

Leave Obi alone you!
  • Raylol wrote: »

I do good with maul saber throwing, its just that you aren’t skilled with him

Saber throw actually works, idk why people complain, just takes a little aim. Oh that's right its because they play this class:
    wxplchplyi89.jpg
  • IronSoldier
    3222 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    As far as I know. There is no hot fix planned. Obviously things can change but that's where it is at right now.
  • As far as I know. There is no hot fix planned. Obviously things can change but that's where it is at right now.

I sincerely hope that does change.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • As far as I know. There is no hot fix planned. Obviously things can change but that's where it is at right now.

I definitely hope this is reconsidered... We had a hot fix because we didn't get a skin, this is much more needed...
  • No don't cave ben.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif

What are you playing on? I'm on Xbox and not experiencing any of what you are complaining about. Is your machine broken?
    The only problem I'm experiencing is the usual try hards that play after a content drop that ruin the matchmaking. Once they're bored and gone it will be fine.
  • TjPunx
    1242 posts Member
    He’s easy to counter. You just have to know what to look for. But most would rather complain then get better
  • Raylol wrote: »

I do good with maul saber throwing, its just that you aren’t skilled with him

What a joke

What are you playing on? I'm on Xbox and not experiencing any of what you are complaining about. Is your machine broken?
    The only problem I'm experiencing is the usual try hards that play after a content drop that ruin the matchmaking. Once they're bored and gone it will be fine.

Playing on PS4, but these are know issues across platforms that have been acknowledged. Watch some youtube videos and you will see. After Obi-Wan uses his all out push his 80% damage reduction lasts another 10 seconds making him nearly invisible. Something similar happens with Anakin after Heroic Might but for less time. Blocking is dropping like crazy - I lose my ability to block every minute or 2 playing. The only way to block again is to spend all of my stamina which resets it - this is an old issue, but it is much much more prevalent now. Some people experience it more, some less. All of the other issues are well known.
  • KresusFIN
    2068 posts Member
    No don't cater to shills ben.

Fixed for you.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    I'd take a hotfix for the damage reduction continuing bugs and blocking, but not Anakin overall. Heroic might does not need fixed. You just all need to learn how to play against him
    I'd take a hotfix for the damage reduction continuing bugs and blocking, but not Anakin overall. Heroic might does not need fixed. You just all need to learn how to play against him

How many times will you say that in every thread before it falls on deaf ears.
  • awakespace
    888 posts Member
    edited March 1

Exactly. DarthJ, we understand you love to wipe out a whole team including heroes with Anakin. It is fun for me too. Everyone here knows how to deal with Anakin already - that's not the point. The point is that one person in 20 who doesn't know can cause his whole team to die in one shot, including hard earned heroes - people still don't know not to shoot Yoda when he does presence a year and 4 months later, but luckily the price isn't SO high.

Also it seems like you are just an HvV player, and yes in that mode, its not a big deal. Anakin is manageable and defeatable. Even if you do have a dumb teammate and he gets you once, whatever you just respawn. In GA however it is not okay, for the reasons I mentioned above.

And you know what - if they leave it for the month, fine whatever - but the broken blocking is completely insane right now, as it the damage reduction - it must be addressed immediately
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member

Probably until I get bored of saying it. Depends on what side of the bed I get out of in the morning.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member

Exactly. DarthJ, we understand you love to wipe out a whole team including heroes with Anakin. It is fun for me too. Everyone here knows how to deal with Anakin already - that's not the point. The point is that one person in 20 who doesn't know can cause his whole team to die in one shot, including hard earned heroes - people still don't know not to shoot Yoda when he does presence a year and 4 months later, but luckily the price isn't SO high.

Also it seems like you are just an HvV player, and yes in that mode, its not a big deal. Anakin is manageable and defeatable. Even if you do have a dumb teammate and he gets you once, whatever you just respawn. In GA however it is not okay, for the reasons I mentioned above.

And you know what - if they leave it for the month, fine whatever - but the broken blocking is completely insane right now, as it the damage reduction - it must be addressed immediately

You know me so well!

In all seriousness I do agree that blocking and the damage reduction bugs need fixed ASAP

You know me so well!

In all seriousness I do agree that blocking and the damage reduction bugs need fixed ASAP

And do you disagree that Heroic Might is too much in GA? I'm not concerned about HvV here - I love killing Anakins in HvV - but in GA it causes major issues.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member

You know me so well!

And do you disagree that Heroic Might is too much in GA? I'm not concerned about HvV here - I love killing Anakins in HvV - but in GA it causes major issues.

I agree that its probably a larger detriment to troopers than heroes. I haven't seen it used widely in GA as much yet, other than the much publicized videos on Reddit. The only thing is they wouldn't be able to cap damage on one mode and not the other (knowing DICE), so its all or nothing with what they do to him.