criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Unbalanced Teams in HvV

Devs, what are you going to do about the constant lack of balance in teams in heroes vs villains?
I have spent literally half of the last 2 hours down one player, (4 of last 8 games).
Is this happening for other people?

Replies

• Down a player in 7 of the last 15 games.
    And not once up a player during that span.
    At least we’re less than 50% now.
  • When abilities don't work or, blocks fail and opponents don't take damage, and you die in two lightsaber strikes as a dull health Vader, players are foknf to quit. Then there are the matchmaking issues.
  • KresusFIN
    2716 posts Member
    When abilities don't work or, blocks fail and opponents don't take damage, and you die in two lightsaber strikes as a dull health Vader, players are foknf to quit. Then there are the matchmaking issues.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • JediJam
    401 posts Member
    Yeah it happens loads right now cos everyone wants to go as anakin. I mean rounds don't last that long... Are people really that desperate to go as him?

But even before the update there's always someone on the losing team who quits just cos they're losing. There should be a penalty of some sort. Most other games have one.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    edited March 1
    JediJam wrote: »
    Yeah it happens loads right now cos everyone wants to go as anakin. I mean rounds don't last that long... Are people really that desperate to go as him?

But even before the update there's always someone on the losing team who quits just cos they're losing. There should be a penalty of some sort. Most other games have one.

There is a penalty, you don't get any of the experience points, nor does it count as playing a match if one of your daily challenges is to play 5 matches of HvV. BTW, I only quit if the people put on my team are absolutely daft, don't stick together, and there is a Luke/Maul that runs in to take on all 4 opponents at once when they are the target. Seriously, why people think I should stay in a game like that is beyond me. I play the game to have fun, not for people to roll over me 4 vs. 1 every round, because my teammates are dumb.

I'll stay in a game I am losing, if my teammates are playing competently, and we are just getting outplayed, I'll accept that.
  • JediJulius
    536 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Between AFK people, quitters, lightsaber flinch locking and block spam, and terrible matchmaking HvV feels pretty bad right now. I've had far more bad matches where one team got stomped than fun matches.
  • HvV is either all or nothing it seems. When you get a good team, it's really a lot of fun, win or lose.

Otherwise it gets really old really really really fast. And people who say the dark side is so overpowered, I don't get it....even before Anakin, it never seemed to matter what side. I saw just as many matches where the LS would have 100+ eliminations to the DS having a grand total of 3 as I did the other way around.

If I'm getting killed before I can get a shot off because of whatever, that is not fun. In any way. And if anyone runs, either side, I'm out. I don't have the time or patience for it. I don't mind getting steamrolled if I feel like I can fight back a little and maybe get a few kills in. But if I'm getting jumped the moment I spawn in by 3 or 4 people and my team can't even make a dent in anyone's health...no thanks.
  • HvV is the best it's ever been. On both sides. But especially the light

• DarthJ
    6568 posts Member
    I put a thread up a few months back about some of penalty for quitting HvV - its a massive disadvantage and sucks any joy out of the mode (among other things).
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Dont blame em. The 'Chosen one' can 1 shot anyone why would you wanna play that *****. Cap it at 400 and bam already way more balanced
  • IcedFreon
    817 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Eddie7417 wrote: »
    Dont blame em. The 'Chosen one' can 1 shot anyone why would you wanna play that ****. Cap it at 400 and bam already way more balanced

People who are dumb enough to beat on Anakin while he's charging deserve to get killed. Anyone caught in the blast should have known to take cover. I've been hit by heroic might maybe once. Blocked it every other time then beat his tail after.
    For example....these people deserved what happened
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Eddie7417 wrote: »
    Dont blame em. The 'Chosen one' can 1 shot anyone why would you wanna play that ****. Cap it at 400 and bam already way more balanced

People who are dumb enough to beat on Anakin while he's charging deserve to get killed. Anyone caught in the blast should have known to take cover. I've been hit by heroic might maybe once. Blocked it every other time then beat his tail after.
    For example....these people deserved what happened

You do know there is a mode called Galactic Assault, right? You can't block his HM as a trooper. You don't even have to shoot at him while he does his fart stance, and you will still be killed. From hundreds of meters away, through walls, etc. It's broken in GA, actually, beyond broken.
  • Batman20
    1776 posts Member
    HvV has always been like this people have been quitting since the start you just have to unfortunately deal with it. I think they should bring in a penalty maybe something like if you quit more than 3times you get banned from playing it for maybe like an hour just HvV not the whole game
  • JediJam
    401 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    HvV has always been like this people have been quitting since the start you just have to unfortunately deal with it. I think they should bring in a penalty maybe something like if you quit more than 3times you get banned from playing it for maybe like an hour just HvV not the whole game

Completely agree. It spoils the fun for everyone else so there should be a penalty. For honor gives you like a 10 minute (I think its 10 minutes) penalty if you quit before the end of the round.
  • Batman20 wrote: »

But what if you're teammates are trolling, AFK, or completely clueless?
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    If I get killed 4 vs. 1 more than once in a match of HvV, because my teammates don't know how to perform as a team, I leave, and I have no qualms about it. Sorry I am not helping you inflate your numbers when you play with a full team of buddies.
  • Batman20 wrote: »

lock out all level 40's out of hero's v villians so they cant enter matches reason why im saying this is because today ive had 3 level 40's on bespin and also on jabba's palace it would be better for everyone that is trying to get to 40 speacially when these 3 players attack me cause im grinding anakin < 89 killstreak> today not bad for my first time being on his character) in a while..... but yeah i agree with you batman20 very good idea.........
  • timbad_2
    140 posts Member
    Rather than a penalty for leaving a match, can there not be an incentive for staying in the match?

Reason being that while I generally try to stay in to get my credits and experience, and at least learn something about how to play heroes better, there are plenty of times where it's just not worth the effort.

If either:
    a. my teammates just run around like headless chickens and have no idea that we should stick together, or
    b. I'm playing against such a good team that I die every few seconds and can't even land a single blow or force power
    then it's simply not fun, I won't earn any experience and I won't learn anything new, anyway...
    So then I will leave.

- In those cases, I've already been penalised enough just for "being there", so I don't think I should be penalised again for dropping out!

Would a better system be to get bonus points for sticking close to your team and supporting each other, like they do with squads in other modes (or does this happen already and I just missed it)?