criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What on earth is wrong with Phasma? (roll hits you and knocks you down)

Prev1
WoodydaCuakB
942 posts Member
edited March 19
Now she can roll and hit you + knock you down, over and over? :neutral:

https://xboxclips.com/Woodycuak/765500f4-8961-49f6-ba73-dc98e95bb990

each hit 200 damage... I mean what???!!? :lol:

original vid:
Post edited by WoodydaCuakB on

Replies

• TjPunx wrote: »
    Lol who plays with Phasma

Only good players. I main as her, Iden, anakin

lol no, not even close, not "only" good players for sure. She's a campers wet dream.
  • What kind of "good" player relies on a constant stun? Phasma is worthless without her Droid.
  • Phasma? In the Chosen One update?

Brave, but foolish.

Or are we going to pretend that the droid is still worth anything? The stun was gutted and the stun immunity means camping is pointless. That peashooter isn't impressive either.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Well, I don't care about stun droid or not, did you guys look at the clips?!? :lol:
  • I sill melt players with her, and her nice damage reduction card. Only good players make the best out of bad characters.
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    I sill melt players with her, and her nice damage reduction card. Only good players make the best out of bad characters.

people disrespect her blaster to much she really can melt you in HvV.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • ok I just watched the video and im sorry but I dont normally want to abuse something like this but man does that look fun lmao im gonna have to figure out how to do that.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • @unit900000
    I discovered it, I'll share the info as soon as I make the report
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @unit900000

You were able to get a consistent repro?
  • Forget the droid and camping, Phasma is best up close, pop the damage reduction and unload blaster to face, it's fun to melee the last couple of blows too, really gets those Jedi raging ;)
  • @unit900000

@unit900000
    Yes I did:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Possible-to-create-a-lingering-damage-knockdown-hit-box-with/m-p/7591726/highlight/false#M21789

I believe any forced movement effect while phasma is swinging her 3rd staff strike does the trick, but in my test I only tried with the detonite charge.

While phasma was swinging her 3rd staff strike, I detonated it on her foot. She was thrown away, and then she kept the effect of the 3rd staff strike in her body, so whenever she got near the enemy, he would automatically be hit by the 3rd staff strike, with its damage and knockback effect.

This was only dismissed after she used a staff strike again.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @RogueZeroRendar ah thanks man. You are the hero we don't deserve, but the hero the forum needs... :wink:
  • DarthXyno843
    197 posts Member
    edited March 1
    TjPunx wrote: »

Iden and Phasma?
    We just lost another one to the dark side of HvV
  • Only the 3rd staff strike is supposed to have a knockdown effect afaik.
  • @RogueZeroRendar ah thanks man. You are the hero we don't deserve, but the hero the forum needs... :wink:

More like the hero the devs need........somebody who play tests before launching.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....

More like the hero the devs need........somebody who play tests before launching.

I have offered to playtest their game several times already. They never gave me an answer
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif

I have offered to playtest their game several times already. They never gave me an answer

I've playtested (in person and remotely) EA games for years, including Battlefield Incursions for around a year, and have never even seen anything about playtesting for either of the Battlefront games. That leads me to believe that DICE uses in-house playtesters, or their QA department are the play testers. Either way, I can't see how this game is being throughly playtested.
  • I encountered a Phasma yesterday in HvV whose staff strike was dealing around 400 damage per strike and knocking you down every time. How I know it's 400 damage? I was Anakin at 370 health, Phasma rolled through a lightsaber block and hit me a staff strike that knocked me down and killed me. Several other times this happened and my health dropped quite a bit. That's all that player was doing, running towards heroes, rolling and using staff strike.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Relmets wrote: »

Good players don't use her

Correct. "Good" doesn't cut it to be able to use her. Phasma is for top-tier players only.

Not as clumsy and random as a saber masher. An elegant hero, for a more civilized player.
    4Q835g.gif

I can't wait to try this, Staff Strikes might have finally just become gud
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • TastyNoob
    242 posts Member
    edited March 1
    unit900000 wrote: »
    TastyNoob wrote: »
    I sill melt players with her, and her nice damage reduction card. Only good players make the best out of bad characters.

people disrespect her blaster to much she really can melt you in HvV.

Aim for the head?

Edit. Read that wrong.
    Facts she does melt, even without the droid stun the droid shoots for you at a distance.
  • Relmets
    1897 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

Correct. "Good" doesn't cut it to be able to use her. Phasma is for top-tier players only.

Not as clumsy and random as a saber masher. An elegant hero, for a more civilized player.
    4Q835g.gif

I can't wait to try this, Staff Strikes might have finally just become gud

Phasma+Iden powerpuff girls are still the true meta
    imagine using a sword in the age of plasma projectile weaponry and faster than light travel
    truly backwards these saber savages are
    [+3748 posts]
  • Lol who plays with Phasma

She's great on Naboo in HvV
  • Any news if Phasma is getting fixed?
    Got this couple of more times, even when hitting her with the saber, I get hit back from what sounds like staff strikes :neutral:
  • Any news if Phasma is getting fixed?
    Got this couple of more times, even when hitting her with the saber, I get hit back from what sounds like staff strikes :neutral:

A glitch I recently noticed while using her. :joy:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

• Now she can roll and hit you + knock you down, over and over? :neutral:

https://xboxclips.com/Woodycuak/765500f4-8961-49f6-ba73-dc98e95bb990

each hit 200 damage... I mean what???!!? :lol:

original vid:

All of her staff strikes deal total 670 (770 with a certain star card) damage against heroes which can instant kill every blaster hero makes the ability deadly even against lightsaber heroes.

Ps. Thanks for showing me this new tactic. :wink:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

• Anakin is but just a peasant to the mighty Captain Phasma
  • jordi1337
    1149 posts Member

she is underrated in hvv, but still worst villain. in ga she is a walking trash can
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Anakin is but just a peasant to the mighty Captain Phasma

omg hahaha :lol:

oh well, on second thought now I need to go and play with Phasma, only villain I haven't leveled up (plus Boba) :lol:
  • anidriX
    516 posts Member
    @unit900000

@unit900000
    Yes I did:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Possible-to-create-a-lingering-damage-knockdown-hit-box-with/m-p/7591726/highlight/false#M21789

I believe any forced movement effect while phasma is swinging her 3rd staff strike does the trick, but in my test I only tried with the detonite charge.

While phasma was swinging her 3rd staff strike, I detonated it on her foot. She was thrown away, and then she kept the effect of the 3rd staff strike in her body, so whenever she got near the enemy, he would automatically be hit by the 3rd staff strike, with its damage and knockback effect.

BUT the REAL question for you IS:

Are you able to use this to complete her third Staff Strike achievement?
  • So I have this glitch: when I died by a lightsaber hero and defended myself with staff strikes which they blocked the sound started suddenly spawning and they took damage. Like wtf. :joy:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

is a feature not a bug so long as Anacancer is in the game.

Call it an ultimate. In fact, needs to be an easier means to trigger the effect like Anakin's. One button pls.

I wonder when it'll work though. Haven't been able to do it as I don't know how it works...
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

Call it an ultimate. In fact, needs to be an easier means to trigger the effect like Anakin's. One button pls.

Sounds like someone's favowite storm trooper isn't as good anymore. Boo hoo. Told you Phasma was his counter, even without the staff trick, keep your distance, roll spam and stay near your droid, crispy Anakin... 'but he killed my Iden' lol

Sounds like someone's favowite storm trooper isn't as good anymore. Boo hoo. Told you Phasma was his counter, even without the staff trick, keep your distance, roll spam and stay near your droid, crispy Anakin... 'but he killed my Iden' lol

oh please I'm like the best Iden on the internet anacrutches get flexed on

problem is that Anacancer is so OP he can even damage the one true Queen when used by a god tier player like me, and that shouldn't be happening at all especially not from a saber peasant (Han's OP too but that's kind of OK). I should kill him with more health than I started especially in the hands of the average Pubtatoes you find in HvV lobbies

BTW you think you're so gud you can be the next to duck my 1v1. I'll provide the 2 friends. You can provide the tears
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st

incorrect anakin fan boy
    PSN: computerson
  • this bug is fun to flex on sabre users but god it feels cheap using it
    PSN: computerson
  • this bug is fun to flex on sabre users but god it feels cheap using it

I dont ever feel cheap using it because its just so fun to do.

Good players don't have 4,000 posts on this forum, and say things like ^^^^^^
  • anidriX wrote: »
    @unit900000

@unit900000
    Yes I did:

I've been considering this, but the will to play this game is so low right now, I don't think I'll be able to achieve that before they decide to finally patch this game for real, instead of mocking us over and over again each new patch.

I lost count on how many times I said "this is the worst patch since release". All true. It's impressive how many times they can make things much worse then they have ever been before. The amount of BUGs only increases. It drastically increased since launch, things that worked before don't work anymore, bugs they fixed get unfixed, they lie constantly in patch notes stating something was fixed when it wasn't.

They even had the courage to put in a patch note that they fixed palpatine hitting the AT-AT driver with many abilities:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/111550/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-may-hotfix

v3vhd4uxpsss.png

Just for us to discover in the moment the patch was out that Chain Lightning suddenly simply didn't work AT ALL:

Then I tried to understand this BUG and discovered the marking property, of a similar nature to the new Kylo Freeze disabling block (as the freeze 'marks' the enemy to get the bug the next time he's hit by freeze or other abilities):

So the BUG was even worse then simply making the skill not working. In which world a TESTING TEAM can let this pass as a FIX to a BUG? We were infuriated as a harmless BUG like hitting the AT-AT driver in one map, in one phase, crippled Palpatine for over a Month! Something ANYONE could understand was broken the first time they used Chain Lightning after the patch.

Their testings are a joke, or nonexistant at all. What they've been doing to us, to Star Wars, is completely unacceptable.

And there are many other examples to how they failed pretty badly many times during the lifetime of this game, and they keep doing it over and over again. The Chosen One Update, which we all thought would be one of the best if not THE best patch of this game proved to be the WORST patch of all time, the game has never been so broken:

Disabled Block BUGs everywhere, which Kylo now can distribute willingly all the time, Phasma walking with her invisible permanent staff striking everyone, jump attacking cancelling any forced movement effect, dodging in weird places causing you to get perma stuck, people getting 2, 3, or 4 of the same hero in HvV, people entering inside walls in pretty much every map, boba fett finding places no one can go besides him, the repulsor cannon also displaying the marking property by first missing when it should hit and then hitting when it should clearly miss, star cards of different classes getting stuck in other classes, the sound going nuts in GA every now and then, luke's star cards always deselecting, heroes hitting and killing you after dead (luke, maul, phasma, palpatine), revealing abilities not working at random (scan dart, infiltration, bossk's predator instincts, boba's scan ability, among others), almost every hero and villain having at least one broken/bugged Star Card...

Vader's Choke still the top MOST bugged skill in the game: The choke sound can get stuck, vader can get stuck in the choking stance losing the ability to do anything besides walking and using Focused Rage, the target getting his camera stuck on vader even after he dies and without the ability to attack at all, the choke forced movement effect being delayed because of a timely block by the opponent (but not the damage), the choke disabling the enemy's block, the choke cancelling itself just after it started, the choke making the enemy camera and character model shake like crazy, vader getting free of the choking stance by a staggering move, but the target still suffers all effects of the choke.

And Anakin, the newcomer, long waited by all of us. Came with different stats from those said in the CT of his announcement. Came with a sound BUG that gets Retribution sound stuck on him. Came with a bug that makes he get stuck in heroic Might due to some damage types while he's unleashing the skill. Came with a BUG that only allows him to use Passionate Strike, walk, and dodge if he's interrupted while using Retribution. Came with a BUG that allows him to retain 90% dmg reduction after either Heroic Might or Retribution has already ended. Came with a BUG that makes him lose all Stamina by some weird interaction with Passionate Strike. Came with a BUG that he can insta recharge Retribution if an ally fall to his death, or dies in an Out of Combat area.

So yeah, triple A game. A jewel. It was pretty expensive when I bought it during pre-release. That's why I haven't been playing lately.

But I love Star Wars. That's why I keep exposing the BUGs. They either FIX those, or get RIDICULED by their OBVIOUS INCOMPETENCE in properly making a game.

preach.
  • Meh I prefer Iden. Better rifle and better face
  • brienj
    660 posts Member
    The Phasma glitch is hilarious. I got it to trigger today and I recorded it.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjaTYeFR8yWVjgzxXk11wCFjXlD3
  • anidriX wrote: »
    @unit900000

@unit900000
    Yes I did:

I've been considering this, but the will to play this game is so low right now, I don't think I'll be able to achieve that before they decide to finally patch this game for real, instead of mocking us over and over again each new patch.

I lost count on how many times I said "this is the worst patch since release". All true. It's impressive how many times they can make things much worse then they have ever been before. The amount of BUGs only increases. It drastically increased since launch, things that worked before don't work anymore, bugs they fixed get unfixed, they lie constantly in patch notes stating something was fixed when it wasn't.

They even had the courage to put in a patch note that they fixed palpatine hitting the AT-AT driver with many abilities:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/111550/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-may-hotfix

v3vhd4uxpsss.png

Just for us to discover in the moment the patch was out that Chain Lightning suddenly simply didn't work AT ALL:

Then I tried to understand this BUG and discovered the marking property, of a similar nature to the new Kylo Freeze disabling block (as the freeze 'marks' the enemy to get the bug the next time he's hit by freeze or other abilities):

So the BUG was even worse then simply making the skill not working. In which world a TESTING TEAM can let this pass as a FIX to a BUG? We were infuriated as a harmless BUG like hitting the AT-AT driver in one map, in one phase, crippled Palpatine for over a Month! Something ANYONE could understand was broken the first time they used Chain Lightning after the patch.

Their testings are a joke, or nonexistant at all. What they've been doing to us, to Star Wars, is completely unacceptable.

And there are many other examples to how they failed pretty badly many times during the lifetime of this game, and they keep doing it over and over again. The Chosen One Update, which we all thought would be one of the best if not THE best patch of this game proved to be the WORST patch of all time, the game has never been so broken:

Disabled Block BUGs everywhere, which Kylo now can distribute willingly all the time, Phasma walking with her invisible permanent staff striking everyone, jump attacking cancelling any forced movement effect, dodging in weird places causing you to get perma stuck, people getting 2, 3, or 4 of the same hero in HvV, people entering inside walls in pretty much every map, boba fett finding places no one can go besides him, the repulsor cannon also displaying the marking property by first missing when it should hit and then hitting when it should clearly miss, star cards of different classes getting stuck in other classes, the sound going nuts in GA every now and then, luke's star cards always deselecting, heroes hitting and killing you after dead (luke, maul, phasma, palpatine), revealing abilities not working at random (scan dart, infiltration, bossk's predator instincts, boba's scan ability, among others), almost every hero and villain having at least one broken/bugged Star Card...

Vader's Choke still the top MOST bugged skill in the game: The choke sound can get stuck, vader can get stuck in the choking stance losing the ability to do anything besides walking and using Focused Rage, the target getting his camera stuck on vader even after he dies and without the ability to attack at all, the choke forced movement effect being delayed because of a timely block by the opponent (but not the damage), the choke disabling the enemy's block, the choke cancelling itself just after it started, the choke making the enemy camera and character model shake like crazy, vader getting free of the choking stance by a staggering move, but the target still suffers all effects of the choke.

And Anakin, the newcomer, long waited by all of us. Came with different stats from those said in the CT of his announcement. Came with a sound BUG that gets Retribution sound stuck on him. Came with a bug that makes he get stuck in heroic Might due to some damage types while he's unleashing the skill. Came with a BUG that only allows him to use Passionate Strike, walk, and dodge if he's interrupted while using Retribution. Came with a BUG that allows him to retain 90% dmg reduction after either Heroic Might or Retribution has already ended. Came with a BUG that makes him lose all Stamina by some weird interaction with Passionate Strike. Came with a BUG that he can insta recharge Retribution if an ally fall to his death, or dies in an Out of Combat area.

So yeah, triple A game. A jewel. It was pretty expensive when I bought it during pre-release. That's why I haven't been playing lately.

But I love Star Wars. That's why I keep exposing the BUGs. They either FIX those, or get RIDICULED by their OBVIOUS INCOMPETENCE in properly making a game.

That was entertaining to read and a shame that its completely accurate.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • TheScape
    1932 posts Member
    After reading some info on it... I am not sure I want to really know how abilities are coded... But if I had to guess, there is a start ability function (that setups your character for the ability), the ability state and an ending function (that puts the character back to their original state). For some reason, abilities with some kind of stun can break that cycle and keep your character on the "ability state". So in the case of Phasma, you stay on the "staff strikes" state if you get interrupted (there might be latency issues or netcode involved, too) and you can spam the ability by rolling...

That is based on the videos I have seen, the information I have read about it and the infamous Choke glitch from Vader.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    After reading some info on it... I am not sure I want to really know how abilities are coded... But if I had to guess, there is a start ability function (that setups your character for the ability), the ability state and an ending function (that puts the character back to their original state). For some reason, abilities with some kind of stun can break that cycle and keep your character on the "ability state". So in the case of Phasma, you stay on the "staff strikes" state if you get interrupted (there might be latency issues or netcode involved, too) and you can spam the ability by rolling...

That is based on the videos I have seen, the information I have read about it and the infamous Choke glitch from Vader.

Yes, something along those lines, similar to what happens to Anakin during Heroic Might, if it gets interrupted, he gets stuck without able to do anything else