criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

The great big Anakin feedback thread

Replies

• Id much rather have a hero i have to work hard with and learn how to master than a godmode hero its silly and ohk a hero is mad. Please my honest advice change out that heroic might garbage and swap it for a saber throw then slightly nerf Retribution this will fix him plzz!
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Id much rather have a hero i have to work hard with and learn how to master than a godmode hero its silly and ohk a hero is mad. Please my honest advice change out that heroic might garbage and swap it for a saber throw then slightly nerf Retribution this will fix him plzz!

Agree, everyone wants hero buffs, cause they're bad troopers which means bad heroes, but that doesn't matter cause they have officer. I also like to have a fair chance as infantry otherwise your just cannon fodder if that scrubby officer beats you to the hero. I mean, how is this acceptable gameplay? Any other hero would be dead
  • JRMick wrote: »
    Grinch wrote: »
    Too op. It's ruining the game. Period

Dude I could not agree more! It is STUPID. So on Endor at the last leg, I spawned as Anakin. Walked right into the small room dropped down from the second level, used Heroic Might right away. 14 player kill streak! 14 (including 2 heroes) in less than 5 seconds. With NO STAR CARDS! All I did was Heroic Might. Never even fired my light saber at anyone. Cleared the room instantly. How insane is that?

I think was one of the heroes that had been killed in that situation.... Do you play on Xbox? I had been Palpatine since the 2nd phase of the match and had a pretty decent kill streak going, and had retreated and recharged my health up to full..... Then when I dashed forward, to the objective since I did see my team was mostly on it, I got blasted by an Anakin (that I never saw and you would think I'd be out of range or the attack would have been blocked by the environment) and died at full health 🙄.. That was some **** LOL he definitely needs a reduction in damage, or as others have suggested swapping abilities...

No, I am on PS4. I mentioned above I was on Starkiller Base today too 35 player kill streak and I only had one kill with saber. It is so ridiculously OP. You can play with nothing but Heroic Might and occasionally Retribution when it charges. I had ZERO star cards. If I would have had the card that gives you health for trooper kill, I would have had 100 kill streak.

I would say during HM charge, instead of 90% damage reduction it is more like 50%. I'd also have the cool down much longer. It recharges so fast you can practically stay in the same spot and wait for all the troopers to come back. That's how fast the recharge is. With no cards I don't even have the range and it is OP. I cannot imagine with purple cards and range on HM.
    "-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • Grinch wrote: »
    JRMick wrote: »
    Grinch wrote: »
    Too op. It's ruining the game. Period

Dude I could not agree more! It is STUPID. So on Endor at the last leg, I spawned as Anakin. Walked right into the small room dropped down from the second level, used Heroic Might right away. 14 player kill streak! 14 (including 2 heroes) in less than 5 seconds. With NO STAR CARDS! All I did was Heroic Might. Never even fired my light saber at anyone. Cleared the room instantly. How insane is that?

I think was one of the heroes that had been killed in that situation.... Do you play on Xbox? I had been Palpatine since the 2nd phase of the match and had a pretty decent kill streak going, and had retreated and recharged my health up to full..... Then when I dashed forward, to the objective since I did see my team was mostly on it, I got blasted by an Anakin (that I never saw and you would think I'd be out of range or the attack would have been blocked by the environment) and died at full health 🙄.. That was some **** LOL he definitely needs a reduction in damage, or as others have suggested swapping abilities...

No, I am on PS4. I mentioned above I was on Starkiller Base today too 35 player kill streak and I only had one kill with saber. It is so ridiculously OP. You can play with nothing but Heroic Might and occasionally Retribution when it charges. I had ZERO star cards. If I would have had the card that gives you health for trooper kill, I would have had 100 kill streak.

I would say during HM charge, instead of 90% damage reduction it is more like 50%. I'd also have the cool down much longer. It recharges so fast you can practically stay in the same spot and wait for all the troopers to come back. That's how fast the recharge is. With no cards I don't even have the range and it is OP. I cannot imagine with purple cards and range on HM.

Oh okay cool, I ran into the exact situation so I thought it might have been you LOL yeah he definitely needs a change in the damage reduction or at the very least a cool down increase his abilities recharge way too fast
  • His heroic might definitely needs a damage cap and I agree that 400 sounds good. Maybe reduce his 90% damage resist. Passionate strike could empty the stamina bar instead of being unblockable damage. And maybe slightly reduce retribution damage or range.
  • Id much rather have a hero i have to work hard with and learn how to master than a godmode hero its silly and ohk a hero is mad. Please my honest advice change out that heroic might garbage and swap it for a saber throw then slightly nerf Retribution this will fix him plzz!

My advice is don't play with him if you don't like it. Plenty of others to choose from. I never play bossk, Leia or palpatine because they are too easy. Play with the ones you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it don't play it. Some less able players will welcome someone as strong as annakin and I don't see the problem with that.
  • Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Reduce Retribution radius
    Allow a way to counter retribution ie make it blockable
    Remove charge ability for heroic might or swap for saber throw. At very least you could cap damage at around 3-400
  • quenaelin
    1061 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Great to see finally lightside is taking over. I guess this was purpose of Anakin update. Though I have beaten him too many times in HvV, perhaps people don't know how to play him yet, still he is usually on top with most kills, but I am glad HvV isn't Blast yet.
  • Soooooo, what exactly is the problem of a 400 damage cap rather than all health?
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Nerf him the people who dont want him nerf just like to win win win and never die he is so broken
  • Lumberjosh wrote: »
    His heroic might definitely needs a damage cap and I agree that 400 sounds good. Maybe reduce his 90% damage resist. Passionate strike could empty the stamina bar instead of being unblockable damage. And maybe slightly reduce retribution damage or range.

i love that idea of the passionate strike

• Colin777
    634 posts Member
    Make it so passionate strike just drains stamina not knock heroes down so you can saber stun the crap out of them until their dead
  • Colin777
    634 posts Member
    I get it, it might be not that hard to counter anakin but one little hiccup and your dead, atleast with other heroes you can take damge from them and get back up on your feet but not with anakin
  • Colin777
    634 posts Member
    Darth maul is useless against anakin
  • Colin777
    634 posts Member
    Lower retribution radius area by alot i keep dying when im around corners or on the other sides of walls
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Anakin is just :D Can I ask another silly question, why does anakin have 2 abilities that are essentially the same that can take out groups of enemies in seconds, yet yoda (grand master) only has one? I gotta say buff yodas unleashed radius range and damage by like 200% and give him two unleashes then this would all make sense. And give yoda 90 percent damage reduction after unleash.
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    He is fine, learn to play the game or get out, he is balanced lore wise and gameplay wise. Learn how to properly use disables. And that’s it.

Every hero had a way to block anakins one shot move.

Vader: choke
    Palp / Dooku: stun lightning
    plasma: stun droid him when your close to him
    Idean: stun
    Bossk: microgranades always stagger when hit
    Boba: Stun missle
    Kylo: harsh pull, or freeze
    Maul: Force choke

As regulars:

Shock, stun, ion missle, flash bang, etc

Do I need to list more? When anakin is staggered his attack is wasted and cool down and defends is gone that’s when you rail him down.

The chosen one can not be taken by brute force HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE. Learn to use your basic cerebrum and you will have no issues! He is highly telegraphed. Don’t be bad at the game and you will be fine

He needs to be adjusted dude, and he most likely will. Find a different cause.
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    He is fine, learn to play the game or get out, he is balanced lore wise and gameplay wise. Learn how to properly use disables. And that’s it.

As regulars:

Do I need to list more? When anakin is staggered his attack is wasted and cool down and defends is gone that’s when you rail him down.

The chosen one can not be taken by brute force HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE. Learn to use your basic cerebrum and you will have no issues! He is highly telegraphed. Don’t be bad at the game and you will be fine

What do infantry have while they're being spawn trapped by one hero?

Anakin is OP. You're talking about one attack as if that's all he has. Even if you break through he still has two other abilities that cannot be blocked.
  • Pull dominance should be L1, heroic might should be L1-R1 and R1 should me passionate strike. Consistent with the other heroes. Fix bugs that ruin saner combat. Thanks
  • Lol yesterday I got to pock him for the first and only time in HvV, I oneshotted three villains with heroic might, won't say it wasn't funny as hell, but dude, that's unbalanced(yes they kept attacking me but I don't think it's fair they all died to a lvl 1 first time try character wit one shot)
  • I should have known this was going to happen. People are just screaming for nerfs because they don’t want to use enough brain cells to figure out how to counteract a powerful ability.

Don’t deal damage to Anakin while he is in his Heroic Might stance! This will only make him more powerful and he is able to block all of it.

I was playing GA on Kamino and I just spawned in with EP. I dashed through a door and next thing I knew I was flying through the roof from anakin. Full health, no damage from any other source other than heroric might. He 1 hit killed me with it and from what I’m reading, I’m not the only one. So stop telling people that they don’t know what they’re talking about.
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    DarthLuke wrote: »

As regulars:

Agreed. But people will criticize you for this/scold you for your viewpoint purely because they want him nerfed into the ground
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • KresusFIN
    2784 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    Don't let the pleb trolls sidetrack this conversation: Anakin is broken -- cap the damage on heroic might and maybe not have it one-shot kill full hp villains through walls, floors, and doors.

WATCH THIS VIDEO, IT'S HAPPENING NONSTOP NOW

https://reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/avlz72/wow/

These same type of clowns probably wanted the Lando glitch to stay because they suddenly felt good at something by abusing a broken mechanic.

So effectively anyone who likes him or has a difference in opinion to you is a pleb or a troll? Yeah OK

Nerf herders are hilarious this time around. Its embarassing

I dunno man. The shills aren't much better.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • A slight tweak to the other saber Hero's/Villains in the up department
    Then all is good
    Ps. gun Hero's on light or dark side a at the very least should be 1 or 2 steps down the food chain ;)
    GA is a another discussion for a more civilised time.
  • Just played a match against an Anakin. Tell me why he can just fully charge heroic might, while receiving a damage reduction, and then one shot every villain around him that are at full health? This anakin got over 30 kills just doing that all game on a small map like hoth. That HAS to be a glitch, there is no way Dice can be that twisted to make a one shot ability like that for any hero... Please fix.

Just don't damage him when he's charging, roll, be in cover, or block with a light saber.
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    Just played a match against an Anakin. Tell me why he can just fully charge heroic might, while receiving a damage reduction, and then one shot every villain around him that are at full health? This anakin got over 30 kills just doing that all game on a small map like hoth. That HAS to be a glitch, there is no way Dice can be that twisted to make a one shot ability like that for any hero... Please fix.

Just don't damage him when he's charging, roll, be in cover, or block with a light saber.

See, common sense right here. But people would just rather still smash into him and then claim its unfair when he takes them out.
  • Wow there's like 4 or 5 forum members who are very passionate about keeping him the way he is..... even resorting to constantly accusing others of having no thinking power what so ever with the results we've seen. Things never change around here.
  • KresusFIN
    2784 posts Member
    Wow there's like 4 or 5 forum members who are very passionate about keeping him the way he is..... even resorting to constantly accusing others of having no thinking power what so ever with the results we've seen. Things never change around here.

The irony is not lost upon me.

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    Wow there's like 4 or 5 forum members who are very passionate about keeping him the way he is..... even resorting to constantly accusing others of having no thinking power what so ever with the results we've seen. Things never change around here.

Could say the same....theres 4 or 5 forum members who are very passionate about getting things nerfed all the time....even resorting to constantly accusing others of using crutches. Things never change around here.

Nothing personal of course :smile:
  • SleepyAlligator
    102 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Anakin is way more powerful than Vader, and he literally is Vader. "If you only knew the power of the Dark Side". OT Vader was convinced the Dark Side was stronger. He's like Galen Marek without the zappy zap.
    Less than fully aware; more than fully oblivious.
  • This was the worst update ever, first you destroy phasma, then you add this joke of a character saying don’t shoot him when he’s in heroic might, this a FPS no matter how many times you tell people not to shoot him they will. And ofc he gains all his health back from that skill. I’m not saying he’s impossible to kill but it’s totally ridiculous to expect a FPS gaming community to abide by his mechanic, this isn’t ff15 online.. your just making good gamers suffer at the cost of others. Like really you pulled the plug on Palpatine for a month .. he didn’t even come close to this ***** when he could shoot threw walls. Really it’s not enjoyable to play and not at all funny, stop screwing around with this game, the hero’s were pretty much balanced and you go and remove stuns and make a character that ***** every player off, watch the matches everyone quits soon as they on darkside or have to face anakin. I’m not trying to whine but this is too much, no hero should be able the one shot another, that’s bogus. I’m tired of your bad decisions in this game... Disney should pull the plug , your devs are a joke
  • lol he is so breaking the game right, its funny to see every GA game with Anakin at 50+ kills in a few seconds by just standing there, charging retribution with no fear of being killed and then easily killing 10+ people, even heroes through walls.

enjoy it while it lasts!
  • KresusFIN
    2784 posts Member
    zambalex2 wrote: »
    lol he is so breaking the game right, its funny to see every GA game with Anakin at 50+ kills in a few seconds by just standing there, charging retribution with no fear of being killed and then easily killing 10+ people, even heroes through walls.

enjoy it while it lasts!

They probably will. Alarmingly enough, the people in charge said there aren't any plans to adjust this at all. Nor is Obi-wan being killswitched or anything, but you can bet your ***** he would've been gone instantly if it was Palpatine. I'm convinced it's just plan hypocrisy at this point. If it has a lightsaber, it's totally fine and doesn't need to be balanced. But the moment it's anything else? "Omg is broken take it out"

y6qvidach2x9.png

• Omniscient
    777 posts Member
    edited March 1
    For those taking issue with the range of Anakin’s Heroic Might, I offer this:

Both Vader and Snoke used Force Choke on people that were in completely different starships, across the vast emptiness of space.

To question the bounds of the Force is...unwise.

*stokes fire; backs away slowly with menacing grin*
  • Grinch
    246 posts Member
    edited March 1
    I should have known this was going to happen. People are just screaming for nerfs because they don’t want to use enough brain cells to figure out how to counteract a powerful ability.

Don’t deal damage to Anakin while he is in his Heroic Might stance! This will only make him more powerful and he is able to block all of it.

I was playing GA on Kamino and I just spawned in with EP. I dashed through a door and next thing I knew I was flying through the roof from anakin. Full health, no damage from any other source other than heroric might. He 1 hit killed me with it and from what I’m reading, I’m not the only one. So stop telling people that they don’t know what they’re talking about.

Dude, similar experience. I spawned as Bossk, but my team had taken Base 1 on Kamino so when I spawned I was back while we advanced outside. Full health Bossk-- I ran towards the door that opens outside and fell over dead. Anakin was outside waiting for all of us to advance and one HM blasted through the door when it opened and killed about 12 of us including my full health Bossk. Never even got to fire Bossk's weapons. Spawn--run--dead.
    "-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • I think the way Anakin was developed was in response to the (correct) assertion that the Dark Side characters are much more powerful than the Light Side in HvV. So I like Anakin, but his "Heroic might" ability or whatever it's called is kind of out of control. This is what I saw on day 2: first time playing against player using Anakin - and this guy already had Anakin up to the Epic level (imagine that), but as Kylo Ren I froze and started frenzy and he was doing that energy build, he seemed to be taking no damage and then came the shockwave and I was killed instantly. So if this is the strategy to, while under attack as Anakin use that ability, then it's OP because I saw several times no damage to the character when he's supposed to be vulnerable and instant death to me. Also, it's inappropriate for Anakin to use a choke, although it was amusing to see Darth Vader get choked after all the times getting choked by him. Anakin's character seems to be modeled more after once he became Darth Vader, than before turning to the Dark Side. His emotes on the most part are not very "good" or indicative of his character or lines he used.
  • KresusFIN
    2784 posts Member
    I think the way Anakin was developed was in response to the (correct) assertion that the Dark Side characters are much more powerful than the Light Side in HvV.

Just because LS teams haven't the first concept about how to make use of ideal comps (Big Deal. Cannot be stressed enough) doesn't mean the DS was stronger. They had more CC, but LS had ways to deal with everything if they simply wanted to. What Anakin does is take the balance that was there, and completely tilts it one way.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• A huge problem I noticed in just about every GA match was the Anakin player jump into the objective area...wipe EVERYONE out...then my team had to all respawns to the back and they've got the room covered. This happened over and over....you CANNOT get every random player to not shoot at him...and one time he only took ONE blaster bolt while pumping up and we all backed off and ran, he immediately released it and we all died anyway...quite a ways from him.
  • Haven't really had a chance to play as him, but played against him a bunch. Unless the people playing him were terrible, he's really not that OP. From an HvV view point the only real trouble I had on occasion is as palpatine if he uses his pull.
    Didn't have issues with him playing as Grievous or Maul, and I'm average at best.
    For GA I could see him being a bit annoying, but going up against a hero as infantry is usually a death sentence anyways.
    Just play more cautiously around him. And for the love of God, don't attack him when he's charging his repulse.
  • Abilities do too much damage...
  • Vader is not stronger lore wise then anakin.

Vader is only 1/4th of the strength that anakin has both force power wise and speed wise.

As most of the force medaclorins were consumed to save anakins life after he got burned. His suite which induces constant rage can not balance out that loss.

Vader is powerful but he is Padawan to the anakin skywalker.

• OrdoVaelin wrote: »
    Haven't really had a chance to play as him, but played against him a bunch. Unless the people playing him were terrible, he's really not that OP. From an HvV view point the only real trouble I had on occasion is as palpatine if he uses his pull.
    Didn't have issues with him playing as Grievous or Maul, and I'm average at best.
    For GA I could see him being a bit annoying, but going up against a hero as infantry is usually a death sentence anyways.
    Just play more cautiously around him. And for the love of God, don't attack him when he's charging his repulse.

I got to play with him a few times. While I did get more kills with him than I usually get he was not at all unstoppable. There were plenty of times I used Heroic Might and it did nothing because the players were blocking and not attacking. And then I would get the good ol' chopped down in 2 seconds by 3 or 4 light sabers treatment
  • Hello this is my take on how change Anakin without overnerfing and balancing him

1. His HERO MIGHT and RETRIBUTION needs damage cap and range reduction
    -HERO MIGHT 250 dmg with releasing the ability without charging.
    350 dmg after fully charged (400 dmg with star cards).
    Range on HERO MIGHT shoud be similar to Emperors Palpatin DARK AURA ability. Also slight colldown increas may by 2-3 seconds good.Increase charge rate speed by 30%
    -RETRIBUTION 300 dmg cap with 200 gmd delth by choke and 100 by his afterward push.Increase animation speed from being choked to pushed drasticly. Right now if you get caught in choke animation its stun locks you for 4.2 seconds that is ridicolous.Increase animation speed by 60% transition from being choked to pushed needs to be instant. Also the choke range is wey to big but push is actualy fine
    2. His damage reduction while HERO MIGHT and RETRIBUTION might is active needs to be droped to 80%. His damage reduction afrer using
    HERO MIGHT and RETRIBUTION stays wey to long after move has finished make him invincible same as Obi with his push. His other two ability are actualy good and balanced. I just hope that DICE listens to sane part of comiunityand and also dont overnerf The Chosen one. Cheers
  • KresusFIN
    2784 posts Member
    Stinger Pistols eliminates the Anakin problem in GA.

He will probably still kill everyone with bsrepulse, but he'll die when it's done. Just have a dedicated hero hunter team of 2 or more specialists on call whenever playing as DS.

y6qvidach2x9.png