criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Maps - Are You Making Any?

Replies

• Hesha
    388 posts Member
    i honestly think the only thing this game is really lacking now is new blasters and new maps, imagine how amazing utapau and scariff would look on this engine!
  • Hesha
    388 posts Member
    The_Count wrote: »
    After this Titan mode update they need to just make maps only. Enough is enough! What is this expansive Star Wars universe if you can’t even fight on many of the iconic planets!

maps and new weapons
  • Empire_TW
    6089 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Two Capital Ships that you'll fight in.

Is the large mode delayed for these being made?

Because maybe the Large mode could have been made with with a different era quicker given that the interior of an MC80 (which is extremely similar to an MC95), a Resurgence Class Star Destroyer (very similar to an Imperial Class Star Destroyer) and if I remember correctly an Imperial Class Star Destroyer (not counting the destroyed one in Jakku) are all already in the game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Cadoth
    1058 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Because maybe the Large mode could have been made with with a different era quicker given that the interior of an MC80 (which is extremely similar to an MC95), a Resurgence Class Star Destroyer (very similar to an Imperial Class Star Destroyer) and if I remember correctly an Imperial Class Star Destroyer (not counting the destroyed one in Jakku) are all already in the game.

I think the main reason why the mode was delayed is the addition of the new reinforcements
  • F8RGE wrote: »

Inside the Geonosis map? Or are new maps?

1bfioawlu399.png

Thanks you for replying. Always good to ser you guys on the forums. :)

With that being said... More CW? Enough is enough.

Will it be implemented into arcade the mode sometime in the near future?/ Its very frustrating not having the best internet connection cause I don't like online I prefer offline were I can enjoy things at my own leisure.
  • WodiQuix
    4537 posts Member
    edited March 1

That sounds like fun! I hope we can also see MC80 Star Cruiser and Star Destroyer interiors come as maps, as the capital ship interiors you are most likely referring to are a Venator-class Star Destroyer and a Providence-class Dreadnought or Munificent-class Star Frigate.

Like others have mentioned, I'd also love to see ported maps from Battlefront 2015. And campaign maps from Battlefront II.

@F8RGE As always we appreciate the response. Don't want to get you in trouble but can you elaborate a little more on the capital ship maps before the next CT? We won't say where we heard it from.
    Also the SWBF 15 maps that were ported were well received so is the team looking to port any additional SWBF 15 maps in the near future? Extraction is such a great mode Ben and both maps, new Kessel and ported Jabba's Palace, are both well done and a lot of fun so naturally we'd like the mode expanded with more maps to play. Sullust refinery or pipeline, the DS with R2, Scarif on the beach, all good maps and are still a lot of fun to play. Something new for the PT and ST eras, even if it means carving up one of the larger maps, would be welcomed Extraction maps as well. Maybe something with BB8 on Takodana by Slave 1, something on Naboo within the hanger or city streets as a few examples. Extraction just needs more maps Ben. That is it, just more maps.
    SA is another great mode that could use some maps, new and or ported.
    #StarWars-y
  • I expected coruscant planet to arrive with the coruscant guard skins... hopefully it comes in March w the new mode!

i've been looking forward to this :)

Please expand this mode out to Interiors of the Mon Calamari Cruiser / Hammerhead Corvette and Imperial Star Destroyers over the Battle of Scarif thanks!! :love:

maxresdefault.jpg

rogueone-ghost.jpg

• It's a little bit like a deposition in here. He answered the question, literally and tersely. He is a good witness, clearly constrained by corporate pressures.

@BucksawBoushh Perhaps now you need to start a new thread asking a new direct question: "@F8RGE - Will you be porting over other any BF15 maps for this game?"
  • These ships are HUGE, so I hope they aren't just tiny corridors and confined spaces with (more) chokepoints. The limited space like the second phase of death Star is not much fun. A more open space like the final phase of Kashyyyk's ship hangar is a great feel imo. I can image it may be more likely to be hallways and locked doors but I hope there's some open spaces in such vast ships.
  • Coruscant! I want to fly from the planet up onto a capital ship interior w Ani and kill Dooku
  • These ships are HUGE, so I hope they aren't just tiny corridors and confined spaces with (more) chokepoints. The limited space like the second phase of death Star is not much fun. A more open space like the final phase of Kashyyyk's ship hangar is a great feel imo. I can image it may be more likely to be hallways and locked doors but I hope there's some open spaces in such vast ships.

Agreed. Although it wasn't a ship, the 2015 Sullust Extraction map that was indoors for the first two stages had a decent sized open area, but also passageways that led to three different levels that gave it some unique variety. Something like that in a ship's interior might be interesting.
  • Two large ships? How is it two? Is there a bridge between them or are they different maps?
  • Two large ships? How is it two? Is there a bridge between them or are they different maps?

Different maps apparently. Game needs more maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Hesha
    388 posts Member

Please, PLEASE tell me that that you guys currently working on more maps coming for at least the PT and the OT.....I love GA and I am pretty excited to play the new mode but with the lack of maps and blasters this game can get old quickly, and if the new mode only has a select few maps then sadly it’s not gonna last for very long :(
  • Hesha wrote: »

Please, PLEASE tell me that that you guys currently working on more maps coming for at least the PT and the OT.....I love GA and I am pretty excited to play the new mode but with the lack of maps and blasters this game can get old quickly, and if the new mode only has a select few maps then sadly it’s not gonna last for very long :(

#StarWars-y
  • Empire_TW
    6089 posts Member
    Hesha wrote: »

I really don't know about that Extraction's return to this game was very welcomed and people wanted more maps for it, it didn't go anywhere.
    hojevrxvarht.png

I’m worried about this too. I want a true open conquest map. If much of the map is tied up in the capital ships with the same old choke point gameplay, then it’s a fail, and will likely be the beginning of the end for me.

No, we moved it out to give it more time for us to get the core gameplay of the mode right.

Can't wait to see how that turns out. Since you guys use US as play testers.
  • F8RGE
    733 posts EA Community Manager

No, we moved it out to give it more time for us to get the core gameplay of the mode right.

We have play tests every day amongst the team.

OK but are you working on infantry Cargo?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Thanks for the response...but I'm sure it's hard for most of us to believe that has done any good.

Good job on play testing Extraction and SA as both modes are working as intended. They just need more .... well you know.
    #StarWars-y
  • More maps please.
    #StarWars-y
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member

Lol what? Nothing else in the pipeline?

I think that everyone keeping up with coming content was already aware we’d be fighting inside these ships in the new mode.

IMO this doesn’t count unless they are also available in other small modes.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Bumped for new and ported maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Please allow the new maps to be played on Strike and Extraction. If they are just for the new mode (or HvV and Blast), that will be a pretty big fail.
  • Hesha
    388 posts Member
    edited March 6
    jtbesquire wrote: »
    Please, NO MORE HEROES, just maps (and wouldn't say no to new star cards and weapons). Especially new maps for Extraction. Please, just port some from BF2015 - anything would do. Thanks.

This^ the only thing this game is really lacking now is new maps and weapons, so please please add some! I want this game to be truly amazing and I want to believe that you guys can do it! You've come a long way since release and the past few months have been a great example. So please don't let us down now!
    Post edited by Hesha on
  • JMaster
    2175 posts Member
    I also have to add... you say 2 new capital ship interiors, but might I point out that we basically have one complete already, that being the docked Venator on Kashyyyk. If the mode is only Clone Wars (which I desperately hope it is not, but it seems more and more likely), then that'd just be the Deadnaut. I'm sure there'd be more added/subtracted from the current Venator interior, but 1-ish maps for this would feel a bit lacking to me personally. Hopefully we see some of the campaign assets used for OT and ST craft, but we'll see.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Empire_TW
    6089 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

I think that everyone keeping up with coming content was already aware we’d be fighting inside these ships in the new mode.

Two Capital Ships that you'll fight in

hm, this open nonrestrictive mode has a "you'll fight in" part.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member

How large are the maps in these? Are you allowed to say?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Nebula
    19 posts Member

Good to hear :)
  • I want to see new maps from the clone wars. With AT-TE and other big vehicles.

For example: Christophsis

1bfioawlu399.png
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    If I had to pick a few maps I would like to see made/ported over, they would be:

Utapau, Coruscant, Scarif, Sullust and Jundland Wastes. Heck, all the BF15 large maps were great. Although Scarif could have more added to it. Would also love to see Carbon Chamber come back.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Empire_TW
    6089 posts Member
    I want to see new maps from the clone wars. With AT-TE and other big vehicles.

For example: Christophsis

More vehicles would in my opinion be a waste of development time.

I agree, a lot of work seemed to have went into the ATTE and it is essentially a glorified disruptor rifle.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Jimmy89
    144 posts Member
    We desperately need New maps dice!!.

Coruscant

Mustafar.

Geonosis arena.

Naboo
  • Still no new maps or announcements of maps? Lol. Haven’t played at all lately except yesterday to check out Anakin. Yikes this game is sooo old. Sure I guess Anakin is cool, but meh. My Star Wars fandom only goes so far.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3764 posts Member
    edited March 5

My thoughts exactly. I fear we’ll be getting more choke points.
  • Empire_TW
    6089 posts Member

My thoughts exactly. I fear we’ll be getting more choke points.

Don't worry, I was told by a CW fan that the narrow hallways and corridors of CW vessels are so much more playable than those of the GCW and ST era which apparently justifies the mode being one era and only a small few or one map...
    hojevrxvarht.png