criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Do you like the emote wheel?

Prev1
I like it so much, but I wish I can select the emote I want by no clicking, so it would be faster.

Replies

• Haven't even worried about it.
    Gloating isn't a thing I worry about in Games.
    But my young son gets a laugh out of it. >:)
  • I don't really use emotes, but the new system seems kind of cumbersome to trigger the emote.
  • It's amazing. Now I happen to find more people who react to my **** emote by triggering choked emote. :D
    One of the best additions to this game even if it's just for laughs.
    Now we need tactical communication wheel with perhaps some sort of ping system.
    To improve teamwork.
  • I like it, many more interaction options. It'll make for a few good laughs.

I specifically added the "I'm sorry" emote to my Assault so one day a merciful Vader will reply "Apology accepted" and spare me.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • It’s way too slow and clunky. I can’t be bothered to emote with this new system. 3 D pad emotes would before than enough (left, right and up).
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I suppose I'm mostly indifferent to it. I don't usually emote while playing, so I haven't really used it much. It's not very intuitive, but I'm sure it will be like second nature once everyone gets used to it. The fact that all the emotes already assigned were cleared is a bit of a bummer. I just wish they released the command emotes so it would be useful for more than juvenile taunting.
  • If only were faster...
  • Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    edited February 28
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    no, too longer to use a emote.
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    no, too longer to use a emote.

Agree.

Nope to the cumbersome thing and its non-objective specific emotes.

pH
  • I don't like the new emote wheel system. It will take me at least 7-10 seconds to activate a taunt. This wasn't designed for a hand disability person. I had fun with my 2 emotes before a match, someone to kill in HvV but now it's a useless feature.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Not really, it is cumbersome to use, before you could stop running for like a half a second, push the D-Pad direction you wanted, and then resume running, and the voice line for the emote you picked would play while running. Now you have to stop for like 2 seconds and fumble around in an awkward circle wheel to do the same thing.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    Now we need to stop to emote as opposed to hitting it while me moved on.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I don’t like it. I like to mess around in HvV and when I come up against someone like say Obi Wan, and I’m Grievous, I want to be able to say “You are a bold one” as fast I can.
  • Dislike; Completely unnecessary addition to a game that should be pumping resources into bug fixes and new maps.
  • What a waste of time and effort on something that wasn't necessary at all. I'd love to know how many man-hours (or monkey-hours) were put into this as opposed to working on something that would actually make the game better.
  • I was fine with the emotes before, and don't really like the wheel now. Less quick and convenient. Seems like a way to get people to potentially spend more money on emotes since most people probably only bought the two they were going to use. Less of a QOL addition and more of an opportunity to spend more credits. It's not for me, but I'm sure there are those who like it.
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    I binded it to my mouse wheel to make it faster. We need to have hot keys to activate emotes again
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Pls @F8RGE we need to make emotes faster. PLSS
  • How can you like something bad designed?
    More emote but no way to trigger them as it was before.

A proof it is again a flop: I see 10 times less emote during a game.
  • Yea it's great. Good idea, simple design, easy to use. What is there not to like.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    Pls @F8RGE we need to make emotes faster. PLSS

Oh seriously. It's hardly slow. I can trigger any emote i want in less than half a second
  • It was dev time well spent...

Not really :smiley:
  • Yea it's great. Good idea, simple design, easy to use. What is there not to like.

I don’t like it because it sucks. Change for the sake of change. See JPC.
  • Duke_M
    76 posts Member
    No. Stupid and pointless.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • the community asked to remove the eor matchmaking. the community asked for maps. the community got emote wheel and clone skins. at least, we got 4 new heroes and someday a new mode
  • I don't even know why this game needs a emote wheel.
  • Takes too long to activate. Hot keys was more efficient.
    I miss trhe Battlefront 1 feature where at the beginning of each game you could interact with emotes.
    10-20 seconds of fun before a game.
  • Evo911
    265 posts Member
    Tell me how to simply and quickly do an emote when you are activating an objective button?
    Was funny before to do this when surrounded by shots and explosion while hacking.
  • The mechanic is a little clunky, having to do more to get the emote, but having 8 of them for trooper and all of the hero ones avail at any time is pretty cool.
    Question: what does hitting RIGHT on the d-pad do now? Nothing?
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Evo911
    265 posts Member
    Yeah sure...having 8 and not using them we can clearly applause again EA / Dice design excellence.
    The result is: a fail
  • It has breathed new life into the game. I no longer have to choose between hero ones and get most of the best for troopers'

Emotes are wonderful but now we need moar of them.

61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Takes too long
  • I don't know how to use it. Still getting my head around the new saber off button!
  • It’s garbage. Makes emotes way too much of a process. Emotes should be smooth and fast. See Battlefront 2015.
  • i died few times trying to strike up a friendly emote conversation via this new wheel during battle

:D
  • Bad idea.
  • For HvV, yes. For GA, I rarely use emoted unless I'm a hero. I don't feel the development time and resources were necessary, but oh well.
  • Just a note....I haven't seen ANYONE using emotes since the new layout was implemented. I wonder if that's because it is a longer, drawn out process when seconds count in a game. Before this they already had a slower reaction and display than in the last Battlefront...but now it's a bit more of a ...stop...left pad touch...scroll select....THEN the character slowly animates. Although I like the ability to pack more emotes even I find it too delayed to mess with now.
  • Just a note....I haven't seen ANYONE using emotes since the new layout was implemented. I wonder if that's because it is a longer, drawn out process when seconds count in a game. Before this they already had a slower reaction and display than in the last Battlefront...but now it's a bit more of a ...stop...left pad touch...scroll select....THEN the character slowly animates. Although I like the ability to pack more emotes even I find it too delayed to mess with now.

Part of that might also have to do with the unequipping of emotes too. Having to go through all characters to reset the emotes was kind of cumbersome.
    But yeah, it feels a little clunky. I hardly emote in game.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Bugged already, a couple of times today the emote wheel was stuck on the screen and the only way to get rid of it was respawn
  • No, it was a completely unnecessary change to the game that makes using emotes impractical. It was perfectly fine before. And heroes only each have like 4 emotes to choose from anyway. The only time I ever even used emotes was in HvV, there's no time to be an arrogant **** in GA and the trooper ones aren't interesting, just smug and fourth wall breaking. The devs wasted their time on this and I frankly don't know who it was for. Just to tread water instead of making meaningful content which takes real effort I suppose.
  • Evo911
    265 posts Member
    Just a note....I haven't seen ANYONE using emotes since the new layout was implemented. I wonder if that's because it is a longer, drawn out process when seconds count in a game. Before this they already had a slower reaction and display than in the last Battlefront...but now it's a bit more of a ...stop...left pad touch...scroll select....THEN the character slowly animates. Although I like the ability to pack more emotes even I find it too delayed to mess with now.

Part of that might also have to do with the unequipping of emotes too. Having to go through all characters to reset the emotes was kind of cumbersome.
    But yeah, it feels a little clunky. I hardly emote in game.

Yeah...and after 6 months you will still see no emote you will say the same things? Again it is a stupid update that nobody was asking for and moreover it is bad designed...spot on for our Devs dream team
  • It’s garbage. Takes too long and looks terrible. All they had to do was add the up D pad option for a 3rd emote. Development time SHOULD NOT have been spent in this:
  • I do love it but hero's and villans emotes are very lacking