criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

The great big Anakin feedback thread

1679111214

Replies

  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    20190302_100450.gif
    Like so

    But they shouldn't be hammering away at him like that. I see analin charging up and I back off.

    However, I do think that unlimited damage is too much. It should cap off at 400. That's enough to do a huge chunk of damage.
  • R2 mashers. The famous Yoda line applies here- "That is why you fail" HVV was an R2 spam fest and Anakin just brought that to an end. I can at least be happy with that even if his damage output is too high.
  • Matt Lanter's voice doesn't sound like Matt Lanter.
    Anakin's saber doesn't switch off like it should, please note this bug.
    Other than that, I like him.

    Correction: nobody's saber switches off now. Well done.
  • Am i the only 1 thinking that anakin should have gotten a second saber ability instead of his "Heroic Might" ?! It almost the same as "Retribution" and feels kinda pointless(also is his OP ability that just 1 shots ppl) How did that go through testing?! :D :/
  • Here's my feedback after only a few rounds of HvV since Anakin's update:

    First off, I love how he plays. He's powerful. He's strong. He can is a game changer that turns around the outcome of a match singlehandedly. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that for the most part. Yoda, Bossk and Palpatine do it in Galactic Assault all the time. Grievous, Lando and Han did it in HvV all the time.

    I love his abilities. They aren't useless. They aren't poop. Each one is impactful in it's own way. I really think you guys did a great job with his abilities.

    I really like the 4th ability concept. It's really fun. I'm excited to see that other heroes are showing an empty slot. This makes me assume that an upcoming CT will likely reveal that more heroes will be getting a new 4th ability as well? That's certainly what it seems like. So if that's not the case, you seriously need to address it before we riot.

    Overall, it's refreshing to have a Hero so impactful, powerful and fun to play in both Galactic Assault and HvV. He's really, really well made and quite fun to use.

    That said, there's something wrong with Heroic Might. I don't necessarily think it's a damage issue or even a AOE issue. I think it's more of a line of sight issue. I've watched countless videos of villians getting one hit killed when they aren't even in the same room. That seems like a bug. There should definitely be a line of sight needed by Anakin in order for the ability to work.

    Another thing that strikes me as annoying is that the OHK effects villians that aren't or haven't even engaged him. In HvV, you usually have multiple heroes fighting multiple villians at the same time. Many of these instances turn a 3v3 into three separate 1v1 scenarios. The issue is that Anakin will be battling in his 1v1, charge his Heroic Might against a teammate that accidentally hacks a few more times after the charge begins, then drops back to block the ability and BOOM, the other two villians are instantly dead that weren't even part of the fight.

    E.g. yesterday I was Dooku vs Obi Wan and we were having a very entertaining battle. Yoda was messing around with Vader. And Anakin was against Kylo. So I'm fighting, blocking, dodging, chipping away at Obi Wan's health as best I can when I notice out to the corner of my eye Anakin get that constipated look on his face with Kylo giving another couple swings. I had just gotten some separation from Obi Wan and activated my Duelist ability. During the brief animation, Kylo barely gets his block up in time, Anakin unloads his fury, and I'm insta dead. It just didn't seem right. Seemed too cheap. More cheap than any stun already found in the game.

    Maybe instead of an outright damage capping of the ability, you make a generic cap of 400 (when fully charged) for any opponent nearby that did NOT engage Anakin. Anyone silly enough to engage him will receive ADDITIONAL damage on top of 400. So in the previous scenario, instead of Vader and I immediately dying, we would have lost 400 health each and if Kylo hadn't gotten his block up, he would have been insta-killed. Or something like that.

    Otherwise, I really love what you have done with the creation of the Chosen One and I really hope you don't nerf him into the ground.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Here's my feedback after only a few rounds of HvV since Anakin's update:

    First off, I love how he plays. He's powerful. He's strong. He ... is a game changer that turns around the outcome of a match singlehandedly.
    Bingo. Single-handedly. Why have other team members?
    I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that... . .
    That, is why you fail ... .

    People who get to play Anakin, love Anakin. People who play against him, ... or with him, generally hate him. On a field of 40 players of Galactic Assault, that's 2.5% for, 97.5% against.

  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    People are griping in other forums about why other players abandon HvsV games if they don't get Anakin. Ha!! Seriously? Why bother when Anakin is that over-powered? There is no point.
  • KresusFIN
    2801 posts Member
    Matt Lanter's voice doesn't sound like Matt Lanter.
    Anakin's saber doesn't switch off like it should, please note this bug.
    Other than that, I like him.

    Correction: nobody's saber switches off now. Well done.

    What happened to hitting Square? It does it for me just fine :O
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Please, devs! Don’t nerf Anakin into the ground because of a bunch of complaining nerfherders and troll account creators (seen a suspicious amount of new accounts with only a few posts about nerfing Anakin) can’t take a hero that requires them to use brain cells to kill.

    Personally, the only changes that I would want made to Anakin is the bug fixes and a damage cap on Heroic Might at 400, same for Retribution. That’s all; don’t nerf anything else!
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Here's my feedback after only a few rounds of HvV since Anakin's update:

    First off, I love how he plays. He's powerful. He's strong. He ... is a game changer that turns around the outcome of a match singlehandedly.
    Bingo. Single-handedly. Why have other team members?
    I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that... . .
    That, is why you fail ... .

    People who get to play Anakin, love Anakin. People who play against him, ... or with him, generally hate him. On a field of 40 players of Galactic Assault, that's 2.5% for, 97.5% against.

    Just voicing my opinion about it. Personally, I've felt like a lot of these heroes have been weak and brittle in regard to this game. Especially compared to BF2015. Seems like I'm always choosing the same heroes if I want to significantly impact a match (especially Galactic Assault) and it's nice they made Anakin powerful enough to choose.
  • Please, devs! Don’t nerf Anakin into the ground because of a bunch of complaining nerfherders and troll account creators (seen a suspicious amount of new accounts with only a few posts about nerfing Anakin) can’t take a hero that requires them to use brain cells to kill.

    Personally, the only changes that I would want made to Anakin is the bug fixes and a damage cap on Heroic Might at 400, same for Retribution. That’s all; don’t nerf anything else!

    We know that you don't want ANYTHING to stifle your easy kills in GA.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Personally, I've felt like a lot of these heroes have been weak and brittle in regard to this game. Especially compared to BF2015. Seems like I'm always choosing the same heroes if I want to significantly impact a match (especially Galactic Assault) and it's nice they made Anakin powerful enough to choose.

    So why play Galactic Assault? BF2015 - the Heroes were untouchable, except for Krennic. Luke was unbelievably over powered in BF1. Grunt troopers stood no chance against him as do they now in BF2 versus Anakin (& most other Bigs).

    If the point is to have such powerful Heroes and Villains, why bother with even having GA??? Just play HvV and be done with it. The grunts just clutter the ground.

    Just had another round of GA at Naboo. Once again, Anakin stuffed up the choke point at the palace entrance. All Galactic Assaults end when a choke point is reached.

    This Anakin character in GA is the latest of silly decisions by the Development Team at DICE.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    GA is a bloomin' joke now.
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    I really wish all heros had a fourth ability.

    Why they did this doesn't make any sense.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Personally, I've felt like a lot of these heroes have been weak and brittle in regard to this game. Especially compared to BF2015. Seems like I'm always choosing the same heroes if I want to significantly impact a match (especially Galactic Assault) and it's nice they made Anakin powerful enough to choose.

    So why play Galactic Assault? BF2015 - the Heroes were untouchable, except for Krennic. Luke was unbelievably over powered in BF1. Grunt troopers stood no chance against him as do they now in BF2 versus Anakin (& most other Bigs).

    If the point is to have such powerful Heroes and Villains, why bother with even having GA??? Just play HvV and be done with it. The grunts just clutter the ground.

    Just had another round of GA at Naboo. Once again, Anakin stuffed up the choke point at the palace entrance. All Galactic Assaults end when a choke point is reached.

    This Anakin character in GA is the latest of silly decisions by the Development Team at DICE.

    I agree that certain heroes in BF2015 were a bit too difficult to kill. Bossk, Vader and Chewie were my mains and I was virtually unstoppable. Now put me on the opposite side of them, as a trooper, and I almost always whittled their health down to inevitably kill them or outright melted them from across the map with the EE-3. Heroes were stronger in that game but they didn't completely ruin the game either, imo. I enjoyed it because players actually used their heroes to play the objective. In this game, if you try to play the objective with anyone besides Bossk, and now possibly Anakin, your hero gets melted. The troopers are a lot more equipped to handle a hero in this game as well. Sentry, vanguard, flash grenade, stinger pistol and outright melee are individually way more effective than the normal bacta/jetpack combo you'd normally see from BF2015. Scatter gun was the closest thing to a hero killer that you could get but a perfect flash and good aim with an Officer can 1v1 any hero/villian in this game. The Heroes in BF2 are made of glass. Finally we get one that's actually quite fun and useful to play but I'm sure that won't last very long. Just my opinion though.

    Oh, and I can't stand the BF2 version of HvV. I cringe every time someone says "just go play HvV if you want to be a hero". That mode is absolute garbage for a laundry list of different reasons.
  • ^ this. All Heroes should be game changers. Theres literally no way you can recreate what palpatine pulls off on a regular basis on luke. Unless DIce specifically comes out and says theres a tier system, I wan't heroes updated to be equally effective with each other. At the very least more ultimates for every Hero is definitely a must.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Heroes were stronger in that game but they didn't completely ruin the game either, imo. I enjoyed it because players actually used their heroes to play the objective.

    Precisely. The maps in BF2015 did not have choke points. The maps we're broader and, yes, even the heroes could play the objectives. But you missed one other key point - there weren't 3+ heroes on each side, either. It was also harder to get into a hero as well; hence it was rare to see 2 heroes on a side at once.
    Oh, and I can't stand the BF2 version of HvV. I cringe every time someone says "just go play HvV if you want to be a hero". That mode is absolute garbage for a laundry list of different reasons.

    No. The only players who say that are the ones who have no skill playing grunts and need to rely on the easy kills one gets with heroes and villains in BF2. There is nothing heroic about playing Heroes and Villains in GA. Bunch of wusses looking for easy gratification.

  • "No. The only players who say that are the ones who have no skill playing grunts and need to rely on the easy kills one gets with heroes and villains in BF2. There is nothing heroic about playing Heroes and Villains in GA. Bunch of wusses looking for easy gratification."

    THANK YOU!
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Heroes were stronger in that game but they didn't completely ruin the game either, imo. I enjoyed it because players actually used their heroes to play the objective.

    Precisely. The maps in BF2015 did not have choke points. The maps we're broader and, yes, even the heroes could play the objectives. But you missed one other key point - there weren't 3+ heroes on each side, either. It was also harder to get into a hero as well; hence it was rare to see 2 heroes on a side at once.
    Oh, and I can't stand the BF2 version of HvV. I cringe every time someone says "just go play HvV if you want to be a hero". That mode is absolute garbage for a laundry list of different reasons.

    No. The only players who say that are the ones who have no skill playing grunts and need to rely on the easy kills one gets with heroes and villains in BF2. There is nothing heroic about playing Heroes and Villains in GA. Bunch of wusses looking for easy gratification.

    Yeah, you like to dish out those subtle, below the belt, shots as if it makes your point that much more valid. It doesn't. BF2 HvV is a waste of human time and existence to even mention in this conversation. You actually think that scrubs avoid HvV because of a skill gap? You couldn't be more mistaken. You see, here are the issues with your beloved HvV:

    1. Target system gives trolls multiple ways to prolong matches that have no business lasting longer than 5 minutes.
    2. Map exploits. Oh look, another target system issue. Players cowardly hiding in invisible wall glitches as the target so you can't reach them. Yeah bro...tons of skill.
    3. Clans of over-achieving nuggets that have such little self-respect that they rage quit as a team the second they lose one point to a skilled player.
    4. How about the stun spam? Nothing more skilled than running around getting stunned by Lando, followed by dur-dur-dur stunned by Rey/Obi Wan, followed by Chewie stunned all so you can rage-change characters to Phasma and stun Droid them while emoting "submit your weapon for inspection". SO MUCH SKILL FOR ME. I submit to the endless skill this game takes...
    5. My favorite! What about the rage suicide respawn opponents that would rather kill themselves than own up to the fact that you're a better player. Even more hilarious when they do it because they don't want to lose first place overall in a match. Don't lie, that's you, right? Come on. You know it is. <I sense a quick quote for only this section coming. Ooh. You're going to own me.
    6. How about when your teammates scatter like sewer rats at the start of a new match? I must be a scrub since I can't 1v4 a coordinated clan, right?
    7. How about when the target continually launches themselves off ledges, intentionally committing suicide, to move the match along because A. They aren't the character they want to be. B. They like to troll. C. They're bored but want the credits. Is that the skilled mode you're talking about?
    8. AFK. Nothing more skilled than playing with 1+ opponents that just abandon their controller to get a snack and you immediately kill their lifeless character standing at the spawn. You must be so proud of 1st place! Did you get that screenshot?

    So yeah, I find it much more enjoyable and challenging to play as a hero in Galactic Assault. A mode where 2 AFK players isn't 50% of your team. A mode where a scrub doesn't survive longer than 30 seconds as a hero. A mode where saber spam isn't rewarded with endless killstreaks. A mode where heroes have to navigate straffing runs, ATST's, supercharged sentry's, insanely effective flash grenades, Specialist Melee, and other heroes all while doing it with a BIG RED PERMANENT DOT ON THE MAP making you the sole target for the entire enemy team. But yeah, only a scrub would say they dislike HvV. Whatever...

    Now go ahead and PLEASE paraphrase small sections of my argument to help you feel like one of your knucklehead points has been validated by me. Because obviously any opinion other than your own must be an opinion owned by a scrub, right? Isn't that what you kids like to do today? Yeah, that's obviously winning the argument against me because your tactics are so subtle that I wasn't able to pick up on them after your first backhanded response to MY opinion on Anakin.

    @AbyssWatch3r did I forget anything?
  • Anakin may be the chosen one but he's not, never has been, and never will be stronger than yoda. So ya yoda needs a buff and anakin needs a nerf.
  • No spot on, its a trash mode for those who can't get a Hero in GA. There I said it.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • thelasteverjedi
    1598 posts Member
    edited March 2
    I keep dying to Heroic Might as a full strength villian, in a room, on a different floor, when Anakin is nowhere to be seen.
  • I keep dying to Heroic Might as a full strength villian, in a room, on a different floor, when Anakin is nowhere to be seen.

    @F8RGE

    Errrrmmm .. are you hitting respawn?


    Sorry bad joke.. just trying to lighten the mood haha
  • Yes I used 3 heroes to help my team in that match but Anakin was too good.

    Once I armed the objective and the guy jumped onto the obj and started to do a poop. When the poop came out everyone was flattened and he disarmed it.

    Top tip of the day guys!
  • Please, devs! Don’t nerf Anakin into the ground because of a bunch of complaining nerfherders and troll account creators (seen a suspicious amount of new accounts with only a few posts about nerfing Anakin) can’t take a hero that requires them to use brain cells to kill.

    Personally, the only changes that I would want made to Anakin is the bug fixes and a damage cap on Heroic Might at 400, same for Retribution. That’s all; don’t nerf anything else!

    We know that you don't want ANYTHING to stifle your easy kills in GA.

    Oh, am I? Did you even read the last part of my statement?

    And, if easy kills in GA need stifling, why aren’t you crying for a nerf to Luke’s Push, Palps’ Chain Lightning, Finn’s Deadeye, Lando’s Sharpshot, Rey’s Insight, etc. All of them give you easy kills (or kill assist points in Rey’s case) for just pressing a button, same as Anakin’s Heroic Might. Don’t ask him to be nerfed just because you can’t put enough brain cells to stop your saber spamming and now are getting punished for it.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • "No. The only players who say that are the ones who have no skill playing grunts and need to rely on the easy kills one gets with heroes and villains in BF2. There is nothing heroic about playing Heroes and Villains in GA. Bunch of wusses looking for easy gratification."

    THANK YOU!

    Someone must not play HvV. Here is a list of some of the problems the mode has:
    1. People Exploiting the Target System
    2. Insanely Powerful Saber Tracking
    3. Insanely Powerful Stun Locks
    4. Unreliable Blocking Mechanics (recent bug)

    Shall I continue?
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • Big problem for me is that Anakin practically has abilities of other heroes/villains, but better which makes those heroes/villains useless. In my opinion there are 2 ways it can go either nerf anakin (dont absolutely cripple him in process) or put other heroes/villains on same lvl (like giving them 4th). Think about it. He has kylos pull but stronger, lukes repulse but it is absolute overkill, choke that does more dmg and area than vaders and even pushes afterwards. Add highest health and dmg to it. Dont forget about Block breaker tho which in my opinion is good and every hero should have something like that. Another thing is people justify it by saying he is The Chosen one which I dont think is even argument, for me its just that they dont know how to justify his current state. Visually he and his animations look fantastic and works good (only complain i have about it is that one spinning sprint attack quite slow).
  • "Heroic might" ruins the balance, been playinh heroes vs villains for a while, and it always felt fair, even when playing against people with powerful boost cards. But last few matches were totally ruined for me because if Anakin's "heroic might", it was totally ridiculous when me and 2 other guys from my team were hitting him with lightsabers while he casually charged his ability and sent us all flying (can't say for me teammates, but I was oneshoted with full health bar). Even though its still possible to win, Anakin is the most unbalanced character for now, and fighting him is just not fun.
  • Ea needs to tweak Anakin’s face to make him look more like Hayden. Also they need to create a skin where the voice for Anakin is either Hayden Christensen’s voice or Mat Lucas who sounds similar to Hayden so it’s feels more authentic/natural playing Anakin because Matt Lanter is just a terrible voice for Anakin.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Passionate strike-pull dominace-heroic might-retribution

    Or any other order you want as long as you start with passionate strike for blocking heroes, or whatever order for non blocking heroes

    Its great that now we have a hero that no one needs to learn how to play or get good at to complete destroy other heroes
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Heroes were stronger in that game but they didn't completely ruin the game either, imo. I enjoyed it because players actually used their heroes to play the objective.

    Precisely. The maps in BF2015 did not have choke points. The maps we're broader and, yes, even the heroes could play the objectives. But you missed one other key point - there weren't 3+ heroes on each side, either. It was also harder to get into a hero as well; hence it was rare to see 2 heroes on a side at once.
    Oh, and I can't stand the BF2 version of HvV. I cringe every time someone says "just go play HvV if you want to be a hero". That mode is absolute garbage for a laundry list of different reasons.

    No. The only players who say that are the ones who have no skill playing grunts and need to rely on the easy kills one gets with heroes and villains in BF2. There is nothing heroic about playing Heroes and Villains in GA. Bunch of wusses looking for easy gratification.

    Yeah, you like to dish out those subtle, below the belt, shots as if it makes your point that much more valid. It doesn't. BF2 HvV is a waste of human time and existence to even mention in this conversation. You actually think that scrubs avoid HvV because of a skill gap? You couldn't be more mistaken. You see, here are the issues with your beloved HvV:

    1. Target system gives trolls multiple ways to prolong matches that have no business lasting longer than 5 minutes.
    2. Map exploits. Oh look, another target system issue. Players cowardly hiding in invisible wall glitches as the target so you can't reach them. Yeah bro...tons of skill.
    3. Clans of over-achieving nuggets that have such little self-respect that they rage quit as a team the second they lose one point to a skilled player.
    4. How about the stun spam? Nothing more skilled than running around getting stunned by Lando, followed by dur-dur-dur stunned by Rey/Obi Wan, followed by Chewie stunned all so you can rage-change characters to Phasma and stun Droid them while emoting "submit your weapon for inspection". SO MUCH SKILL FOR ME. I submit to the endless skill this game takes...
    5. My favorite! What about the rage suicide respawn opponents that would rather kill themselves than own up to the fact that you're a better player. Even more hilarious when they do it because they don't want to lose first place overall in a match. Don't lie, that's you, right? Come on. You know it is. <I sense a quick quote for only this section coming. Ooh. You're going to own me.
    6. How about when your teammates scatter like sewer rats at the start of a new match? I must be a scrub since I can't 1v4 a coordinated clan, right?
    7. How about when the target continually launches themselves off ledges, intentionally committing suicide, to move the match along because A. They aren't the character they want to be. B. They like to troll. C. They're bored but want the credits. Is that the skilled mode you're talking about?
    8. AFK. Nothing more skilled than playing with 1+ opponents that just abandon their controller to get a snack and you immediately kill their lifeless character standing at the spawn. You must be so proud of 1st place! Did you get that screenshot?

    So yeah, I find it much more enjoyable and challenging to play as a hero in Galactic Assault. A mode where 2 AFK players isn't 50% of your team. A mode where a scrub doesn't survive longer than 30 seconds as a hero. A mode where saber spam isn't rewarded with endless killstreaks. A mode where heroes have to navigate straffing runs, ATST's, supercharged sentry's, insanely effective flash grenades, Specialist Melee, and other heroes all while doing it with a BIG RED PERMANENT DOT ON THE MAP making you the sole target for the entire enemy team. But yeah, only a scrub would say they dislike HvV. Whatever...

    Now go ahead and PLEASE paraphrase small sections of my argument to help you feel like one of your knucklehead points has been validated by me. Because obviously any opinion other than your own must be an opinion owned by a scrub, right? Isn't that what you kids like to do today? Yeah, that's obviously winning the argument against me because your tactics are so subtle that I wasn't able to pick up on them after your first backhanded response to MY opinion on Anakin.

    @AbyssWatch3r did I forget anything?
    Great post this


  • KresusFIN
    2801 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Heroes were stronger in that game but they didn't completely ruin the game either, imo. I enjoyed it because players actually used their heroes to play the objective.

    Precisely. The maps in BF2015 did not have choke points. The maps we're broader and, yes, even the heroes could play the objectives. But you missed one other key point - there weren't 3+ heroes on each side, either. It was also harder to get into a hero as well; hence it was rare to see 2 heroes on a side at once.
    Oh, and I can't stand the BF2 version of HvV. I cringe every time someone says "just go play HvV if you want to be a hero". That mode is absolute garbage for a laundry list of different reasons.

    No. The only players who say that are the ones who have no skill playing grunts and need to rely on the easy kills one gets with heroes and villains in BF2. There is nothing heroic about playing Heroes and Villains in GA. Bunch of wusses looking for easy gratification.

    Yeah, you like to dish out those subtle, below the belt, shots as if it makes your point that much more valid. It doesn't. BF2 HvV is a waste of human time and existence to even mention in this conversation. You actually think that scrubs avoid HvV because of a skill gap? You couldn't be more mistaken. You see, here are the issues with your beloved HvV:

    1. Target system gives trolls multiple ways to prolong matches that have no business lasting longer than 5 minutes.
    2. Map exploits. Oh look, another target system issue. Players cowardly hiding in invisible wall glitches as the target so you can't reach them. Yeah bro...tons of skill.
    3. Clans of over-achieving nuggets that have such little self-respect that they rage quit as a team the second they lose one point to a skilled player.
    4. How about the stun spam? Nothing more skilled than running around getting stunned by Lando, followed by dur-dur-dur stunned by Rey/Obi Wan, followed by Chewie stunned all so you can rage-change characters to Phasma and stun Droid them while emoting "submit your weapon for inspection". SO MUCH SKILL FOR ME. I submit to the endless skill this game takes...
    5. My favorite! What about the rage suicide respawn opponents that would rather kill themselves than own up to the fact that you're a better player. Even more hilarious when they do it because they don't want to lose first place overall in a match. Don't lie, that's you, right? Come on. You know it is. <I sense a quick quote for only this section coming. Ooh. You're going to own me.
    6. How about when your teammates scatter like sewer rats at the start of a new match? I must be a scrub since I can't 1v4 a coordinated clan, right?
    7. How about when the target continually launches themselves off ledges, intentionally committing suicide, to move the match along because A. They aren't the character they want to be. B. They like to troll. C. They're bored but want the credits. Is that the skilled mode you're talking about?
    8. AFK. Nothing more skilled than playing with 1+ opponents that just abandon their controller to get a snack and you immediately kill their lifeless character standing at the spawn. You must be so proud of 1st place! Did you get that screenshot?

    So yeah, I find it much more enjoyable and challenging to play as a hero in Galactic Assault. A mode where 2 AFK players isn't 50% of your team. A mode where a scrub doesn't survive longer than 30 seconds as a hero. A mode where saber spam isn't rewarded with endless killstreaks. A mode where heroes have to navigate straffing runs, ATST's, supercharged sentry's, insanely effective flash grenades, Specialist Melee, and other heroes all while doing it with a BIG RED PERMANENT DOT ON THE MAP making you the sole target for the entire enemy team. But yeah, only a scrub would say they dislike HvV. Whatever...

    Now go ahead and PLEASE paraphrase small sections of my argument to help you feel like one of your knucklehead points has been validated by me. Because obviously any opinion other than your own must be an opinion owned by a scrub, right? Isn't that what you kids like to do today? Yeah, that's obviously winning the argument against me because your tactics are so subtle that I wasn't able to pick up on them after your first backhanded response to MY opinion on Anakin.

    @AbyssWatch3r did I forget anything?

    That's a pretty unnecessarily long post to say what every sane person already knows as fact: The target system in HvV sucks.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • hilapff
    131 posts Member
    To my mind, Anakin is too OP. Basically, each new hero up to now was an other level to anything before. This race to the stars should end and balance should be added to heroes whether they are DS or LS.

    And Anakin is bugged. Yesterday I was killed through a wall by I don't know which Anakin's superpower while opening the door in Naboo.
  • Evo911
    267 posts Member
    Yesterday on kamino I was very happy that the other team took quickly the 1st objective before Anakin came in my team. At leat we can see the next phase instead of winning almost every time the 1st phase.
    This is very bad on both side, even on LS side to have him.

    Between him and the brainless restricted event in fact this week-end you see mainly 1 third of 4 maps.

    Congrats Devs dream team, proud of what you done
  • DarthJ
    6771 posts Member
    adaniil2 wrote: »
    few matches were totally ruined for me because if Anakin's "heroic might", it was totally ridiculous when me and 2 other guys from my team were hitting him with lightsabers while he casually charged his ability and sent us all flying (can't say for me teammates, but I was oneshoted with full health bar).

    Well theres your problem. Hitting him and feeding him damage, and not expecting to get hurt in the process. Keep repeating it and thats on you.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Seriously the heroic might isn't a problem. Just don't charge it by hitting him. When you see the animation get a safe distance, wait for him to finish then carry on blasting him.
  • Kylo47
    19 posts Member
    Nerve incoming!!
  • Evo911
    267 posts Member
    Seriously the heroic might isn't a problem. Just don't charge it by hitting him. When you see the animation get a safe distance, wait for him to finish then carry on blasting him.


    Seriously....looooool
  • Keep anikan exactly how he is, adds so much excitement to the game. Even though he's obviously getting a nerf sadly.
  • CC_1010
    2563 posts Member
    I always come in first with Anakin it’s unbelievable. But he is not that op if you know how to counter him. Dooku and Grivous are good at out-duelling him.
    He is great for supporting your Team and killing „block-only“ players.
    You feel really strong when playing him I like that.
  • SomberingJace
    897 posts Member
    edited March 3
    To everyone saying Anakin is OP ...how do you think the separatist felt during the clone wars?? I’m thankful D.I.C.E. cares enough to make an accurately developed Starwars game and some how they manage to make him amazing but BALANCED at the same time Anakin is not over powered he’s just extraordinary but all of his attacks are bloackable just like any other hero he doesn’t need a nerf ...he’s practically perfect

    28rhxvrza3ca.gif
    feel the force Sombering Jace
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    Something has to be done about heroic might. I'm going to give the game a break until it's adjusted. Twice in a row. Two freaking consecutive times... call in a hero, push the objective.... die instantly. Such bull ****.

    I understand anakin taking very little damage while initiating the ability, but being able to do enough damage to instantly kill any hero is nonsense. Especially when I'm not engaging him. If I was hammering away at him and was right next time him then I'd understanding taking a considerable amount of damage. But when he is behind a ton of obstacles and not taking any damage from me, then he should be able to melt me like that.
  • The game is becoming whoever has Anakin wins, I get that he is supposed to be OP for balance but they have still got the balance wrong.
  • To everyone saying Anakin is OP ...how do you think the separatist felt during the clone wars?? I’m thankful D.I.C.E. cares enough to make an accurately developed Starwars game and some how they manage to make him amazing but BALANCED at the same time Anakin is not over powered he’s just extraordinary but all of his attacks are bloackable just like any other hero he doesn’t need a nerf ...he’s practically perfect

    28rhxvrza3ca.gif

    Hahaha...that's funny man..I get it.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Heroes were stronger in that game but they didn't completely ruin the game either, imo. I enjoyed it because players actually used their heroes to play the objective.

    Precisely. The maps in BF2015 did not have choke points. The maps we're broader and, yes, even the heroes could play the objectives. But you missed one other key point - there weren't 3+ heroes on each side, either. It was also harder to get into a hero as well; hence it was rare to see 2 heroes on a side at once.
    Oh, and I can't stand the BF2 version of HvV. I cringe every time someone says "just go play HvV if you want to be a hero". That mode is absolute garbage for a laundry list of different reasons.

    No. The only players who say that are the ones who have no skill playing grunts and need to rely on the easy kills one gets with heroes and villains in BF2. There is nothing heroic about playing Heroes and Villains in GA. Bunch of wusses looking for easy gratification.

    Yeah, you like to dish out those subtle, below the belt, shots as if it makes your point that much more valid. It doesn't. BF2 HvV is a waste of human time and existence to even mention in this conversation. You actually think that scrubs avoid HvV because of a skill gap? You couldn't be more mistaken. You see, here are the issues with your beloved HvV:

    1. Target system gives trolls multiple ways to prolong matches that have no business lasting longer than 5 minutes.
    2. Map exploits. Oh look, another target system issue. Players cowardly hiding in invisible wall glitches as the target so you can't reach them. Yeah bro...tons of skill.
    3. Clans of over-achieving nuggets that have such little self-respect that they rage quit as a team the second they lose one point to a skilled player.
    4. How about the stun spam? Nothing more skilled than running around getting stunned by Lando, followed by dur-dur-dur stunned by Rey/Obi Wan, followed by Chewie stunned all so you can rage-change characters to Phasma and stun Droid them while emoting "submit your weapon for inspection". SO MUCH SKILL FOR ME. I submit to the endless skill this game takes...
    5. My favorite! What about the rage suicide respawn opponents that would rather kill themselves than own up to the fact that you're a better player. Even more hilarious when they do it because they don't want to lose first place overall in a match. Don't lie, that's you, right? Come on. You know it is. <I sense a quick quote for only this section coming. Ooh. You're going to own me.
    6. How about when your teammates scatter like sewer rats at the start of a new match? I must be a scrub since I can't 1v4 a coordinated clan, right?
    7. How about when the target continually launches themselves off ledges, intentionally committing suicide, to move the match along because A. They aren't the character they want to be. B. They like to troll. C. They're bored but want the credits. Is that the skilled mode you're talking about?
    8. AFK. Nothing more skilled than playing with 1+ opponents that just abandon their controller to get a snack and you immediately kill their lifeless character standing at the spawn. You must be so proud of 1st place! Did you get that screenshot?

    So yeah, I find it much more enjoyable and challenging to play as a hero in Galactic Assault. A mode where 2 AFK players isn't 50% of your team. A mode where a scrub doesn't survive longer than 30 seconds as a hero. A mode where saber spam isn't rewarded with endless killstreaks. A mode where heroes have to navigate straffing runs, ATST's, supercharged sentry's, insanely effective flash grenades, Specialist Melee, and other heroes all while doing it with a BIG RED PERMANENT DOT ON THE MAP making you the sole target for the entire enemy team. But yeah, only a scrub would say they dislike HvV. Whatever...

    Now go ahead and PLEASE paraphrase small sections of my argument to help you feel like one of your knucklehead points has been validated by me. Because obviously any opinion other than your own must be an opinion owned by a scrub, right? Isn't that what you kids like to do today? Yeah, that's obviously winning the argument against me because your tactics are so subtle that I wasn't able to pick up on them after your first backhanded response to MY opinion on Anakin.

    @AbyssWatch3r did I forget anything?

    That's a pretty unnecessarily long post to say what every sane person already knows as fact: The target system in HvV sucks.

    Sometimes you have to hold the kids hand when taking them to school.
Sign In or Register to comment.