criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Take Anakin out of HvV, but not GA.

Disboy
178 posts Member
In GA he’s still unbalanced, but it’s not as bad as in HvV. I’ve played 10 games now and the light side has won 9/10 times with Anakin topping the leaderboard 9/10 times (the 1/10 being topped by yoda). Is there anyway to make the playing ground even for both blaster and saber heroes, because at the moment it seems to favor saber heroes heavily...

Possible nerfs:
lower saber damage
lower retribution damage and lessen time
lower heroic might significantly (seems to 1 shot every hero)
take away either pull or strike
Pull or strike aren’t broken, but it seems unbalanced that he has 2 OP abilities (high damage) and 2 good abilities (push/pull/force) , where most other characters have 1 OP ability at most and 1 or 2 good abilities.

For those protesting against a nerf, how can one successfully counter anakin?

I’m familiar with not damaging him during heroic might but not aware of any other counters.

Replies

• Psy3d
    720 posts Member
    I've destroyed all purple card Anakins with Dooku and Gen G so far on 1v1. But him with anyone like the spammer mary sue or boosters like Yoda or Finn...is where it gets difficult and DS team work (aka team spamming) is needed.
  • I played HvV for four days around Anakin. Their are people that got high leader boards 1-5 place. It's basically try to kill everybody and level it faster.
    I played him 4 times and got him to level 10. With people more experience and skilled, it's all the combinations.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Empire_TW
    6439 posts Member
    They are too busy taking maps out at the moment
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • TahjSDG
    37 posts Member
    Count me as a proud member of the ’Anakin is just fine the way he is’ club. I don't think he needs a nerf at all. I think they did an exceptional job with him. It's been incredibly fun for me playing with him, but I've had just as much fun playing against him.

SN: I think you're confusing Heroic Might with Retribution in some parts of your post.
  • While the range of Retribution and Heroic Might are arguably pretty generous, Anakin is fine, and in his current state is not breaking HvV.
  • ROMG4
    2738 posts Member
    edited March 3
    Dread it, Run From it, Destiny Still Arrives. Or rather Thanakin does

2v2psq.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • I find Anakin no different than Dooku or Grievous in HvV. Most everyone I played against are still getting used to him. My only real headache with Anakin is GA. HvV has been a rather normal experience. Like some said, once you get Finn, Yoda, Chewie or Lando in the mix, that's where it becomes a problem. Anakin's power moves are easily avoided in HvV because the damage output on those moves are reliant on damage he takes. More damage taken, more damage given out. Less of a chance for thar to happen in HvV unless people wail on him while he's charging. I've had people back off when they saw me charging and people attack me. Other than that, he's pretty even with the likes of Grievous and Dooku.
  • Chico
    395 posts Member
    The feedback on the forums suggest you have it the wrong way around. People are learning to deal with Ani in HvV, where you can pretty much avoid Heroic Might if you have situational awareness. In GA, where it is far more chaotic and you have 19 other people on your team, this becomes far more difficult. Yes, Ani may top the leaderboard in a lot of matches, but my experience has been better balance overall. When they reduce the radius of HM and fix the damage reduction glitch for Obi, we could be approaching a truly balanced HvV mode for the first time in a very long time.
  • DarthJ
    6568 posts Member
    Disboy wrote: »

Possible nerfs:
    lower saber damage
    lower retribution damage and lessen time
    lower heroic might significantly (seems to 1 shot every hero)
    take away either pull or strike
    Pull or strike aren’t broken, but it seems unbalanced that he has 2 OP abilities (high damage) and 2 good abilities (push/pull/force) , where most other characters have 1 OP ability at most and 1 or 2 good abilities.

Do all this to him and he will become nigh on useless! Taking away abilities too :joy: dream on fella
    PSN: ibrajoker59