criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The block glitch - FIX NOW!!!

ClavinNatas
263 posts Member
edited March 4
Ok Dice, I think it's time y'all consider fixing the block glitch finally. It has always been annoying and now that Anakin is out, it is happening more now than ever. Happens at least 80% of the time when Anakin uses heroic might. Happens to any saber hero really. It is extremely important to be able to use block as a saber hero or you are pretty much dead already. Please fix this as it has been a problem for a while now. Thanks!

The block glitch, for those who don't know, is a common occurance where a saber hero/villain loses his ability to actually block attacks. Instead, when holding the block button you will move slow and have your stamina drain as if you were blocking, except you aren't actually blocking. You then get turned into bantha fodder by the nearest saber or blaster coming at you.

Edited to remove tagging of CM's ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

• Even Yoda loses his sometimes... :disappointed:
    Current Topics:
    Hero/Villain Star Card Concepts
    Leia Organa Ability Improvements

b1p3arep6n15.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙛𝙪𝙡, 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧! ❞
    - Captain Phasma

• Yep... And I wont allow them to ignore this. Bump!!!
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    Lol something this game breaking has slipped into the abyss, but nerfing Anakin seems to be everyone's priority.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Absolutely agree. It's been completely awful and it happens to every character on every team Dooku, Obiwan, Luke, Anakin, EVEN YODA suffers from the glitch

Sometimes it doesn't even come back. Even when you use up all your stamina. It's been a consistent and irritating presence throughout the past 3 days
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. It's been completely awful and it happens to every character on every team Dooku, Obiwan, Luke, Anakin, EVEN YODA suffers from the glitch

Sometimes it doesn't even come back. Even when you use up all your stamina. It's been a consistent and irritating presence throughout the past 3 days

"3 days" it literally gets worse every update
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

"3 days" it literally gets worse every update

It has been getting worse ever since March 2018 when you think about it
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Raylol
    1110 posts Member
    Happens 1 time of 3 in Hero showdown smh.
  • Chico
    359 posts Member
    It isn't even just block though. Abilities also completely fail sometimes. Like with Ani last night I had all the abilities out of cool down but nothing happened when I tried to use them. It is like the bugs are multiplying themselves in the code and DICE have no idea how to stop it getting worse. Let alone fix the ones that have been in since day 1.
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Lol something this game breaking has slipped into the abyss, but nerfing Anakin seems to be everyone's priority.
    I won't give up! The reason it never gets fixed is because people don't talk about it enough! DICE needs to hear us!! LISTEN TO US DICE!!!! FIX THIS GAME BREAKING GLITCH!!!
  • +1 from me
  • DarthJ
    6457 posts Member
    Someone was saying its related to Kylo causing it? Can anyone confirm this?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
    I won't give up! The reason it never gets fixed is because people don't talk about it enough! DICE needs to hear us!! LISTEN TO US DICE!!!! FIX THIS GAME BREAKING GLITCH!!!

Tbh I hadn't really noticed it or experienced it but since last week's update it's happening all the time.

Tbh I hadn't really noticed it or experienced it but since last week's update it's happening all the time.
  • ClavinNatas
    263 posts Member
    edited March 3
    Yep, it is a real actual thing that has been an issue for a while now. Please fix DiCE!!!
  • Le bump. Fix now.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Someone was saying its related to Kylo causing it? Can anyone confirm this?

Here is the thread discussing this glitch being related to Kylo Ren. Seems legit. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130912/videos-showing-kylo-ren-causes-the-blocking-bug#latest
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    +1 to this thread. It really sucks when it happens to Yoda, as it's harder to tell that you have the glitch, and by then it's too late.