criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero Balancing Suggestions for All Heroes

awakespace
1051 posts Member
edited March 6
HoK is passive trait for all heroes (this includes Palp's Lightning Absorption and Iden's Friend in Battle becoming passive traits)

All saber users do minimum of 150 damage if hitting from behind

All blaster heroes get 50 more health regeneration

All heroes aside from Anakin get 50 more base health

Note: I'm adding some capacity to break through block to all saber users

Anakin:
  • Reduce Heroic Might maximum damage to 400 - but do not decrease how quickly he can get to 400
  • Decrease retribution maximum damage to 300

Luke:
  • 120 damage base
  • 120 Rush
  • Push damage to heroes increased from 90 to 120
  • Rush breaks through block partially causing 50 damage
  • Repulse does 150 damage and has 40% damage reduction during use
  • Buff his cards - Jedi Fighter stamina increase to 30%, Rush Immunity damage decrease to 50%, Deflection Mastery adds 25% damage to deflected shots

Rey:
  • Dash Strike breaks through block
  • Increase hero HoK from 60 to 100

Yoda:
  • Jump as high as basic Jedi (Rey, Kylo, Obi, etc.)
  • Push does 150 damage base and 300 at full charge
  • Yoda can block lightsabers with his lightsaber
  • Star Cards: Increase Jedi Mentor damage resistance to 10%, Opposing the Dark Side damage increase to 20

Obi-Wan:
  • Defensive Rush move speed increased - 25% faster
  • Able to jump out of Defensive Rush
  • Defensive Rush can be triggered while blocking
  • Defensive Rush will break through block
  • Mind-trick is reworked to stop all offensive capacity, abilities, and blocking - and only allow characters to run, jump, and dodge. If boba is on the ground he will not be able to startup his jetpack, but if he's in the air, it will not knock him out of the sky.

Maul:
  • Spin Attack partially breaks through block causing 75 damage
  • Saber throw fixed to work exactly like it did at launch
  • Choke Hold does 100 damage
  • Maul has 50% damage reduction during Choke Hold
  • Add ability to block force attacks like Yoda but not lightsabers

Kylo:
  • Pull has base damage of 50 (can be increased to 100 with card)
  • Frenzy fully breaks through block
  • Frenzy can be triggered while moving and/or blocking

Vader:
  • Choke does 150 damage
  • Vader has 50% damage reduction during Choke
  • Focused rage causes 150 damage per saber strike

Dooku:
  • Expose weakness allows Dooku (only Dooku) to partially damage through block at 40%
  • Lightning stun has increased range by 20%

Grievous:
  • Thrust Surge partially breaks block causing 100 damage but no knock down

Finn:
  • Big deal causes no running speed reduction
  • Regular HoK (not tied to Glie)
  • Undercover team Glie-44 breaks through block at 50% damage

Lando:
  • Increased damage of blaster slightly
  • Have less damage drop-off at range
  • Decrease recoil
  • Smoke slows opponents (similar to Palp's Dark Aura) and increase any damage taken by 25%

Leia:
  • Make shield inside area cause damage to villains who enter at rate of Bossk's Dioxis

Boba:
  • Concussion missile should cause 50 damage and cause knock down if it hits directly - if it is just splash it should function as it does now
  • Can recover if knocked out of the air while For the Hunt is active - this works to recover from both explosions and from force powers - there is a 3 second cool down between each recovery (so for instance if Boba is hit by Chewy, falls, recovers, and then Chewy hits him immediately again, he cannot recover again immediately, 3 more seconds must pass from the first recovery before his next recovery)

Phasma:
  • Full HoK (not tied to only staff strikes)

Chewy:
  • Full HoK (not tied only to charge slam), but when defeating villains it only gives him 50 health (not 100)
Post edited by awakespace on

Replies

• Defbored
    1236 posts Member
    edited March 3
    I really like the leia idea. It would make her shield more viable in hvv.

The lando idea is really cool too.

I think if mauls spin did 75 damage that would be a bit much though. I have three spin attacks and that would allow me to dish out over 200 damage that cannot be blocked.

But they're all good ideas. I like this post.
  • awakespace
    1051 posts Member
    edited March 4
    double post...
    Post edited by awakespace on
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I really like the leia idea. It would make her shield more viable in hvv.

The lando idea is really cool too.

I think if mauls spin did 75 damage that would be a bit much though. I have three spin attacks and that would allow me to dish out over 200 damage that cannot be blocked.

But they're all good ideas. I like this post.

Glad you like =) With Leia I was tying to give her some use to the shield when facing saber users or palp. And with Lando I was trying to compensate for the stun nerf since that was really his bread and butter against villains.

I hear you with Maul - I was thinking about facing a lightsaber wielding opponent who is block spamming. I was hoping that this would encourage opponents to engage. He would total 225 damage if he lands all 3. Yoda totals 390 when his 3 block breaking Dash Attacks all land...
  • Love these ideas. Only thing I would like to see on top of what you added is damage reduction to Vader while using choke hold and increased damage on the choke. The changes you've mentioned could really make a difference to the game and help to balance.
  • Cadoth
    1052 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Probably the easiest suggestion to realize would be the buff to Rey’s HoK card
    Post edited by Cadoth on
  • awakespace
    1051 posts Member
    Love these ideas. Only thing I would like to see on top of what you added is damage reduction to Vader while using choke hold and increased damage on the choke. The changes you've mentioned could really make a difference to the game and help to balance.

Totally forgot about Vader getting damaged during choke! I'll add 50% damage reduction to choke in the original post

I think it would be most amazing if he could block while choking, but that would take the developers making a new animation, which is more work, which makes it less likely I think...
  • ghawar18
    828 posts Member
    edited March 4

i like some of your ideas but for leia, i would like his secondary fire to cross his squad shield
  • awakespace
    1051 posts Member
    edited March 5
    ghawar18 wrote: »

i like some of your ideas but for leia, i would like his secondary fire to cross his squad shield

I hear you with this, but this would definitely make her overpowered in GA. She already can snipe with R2 from across the map, and this would make her simultaneously invincible.

How about allowing her E11 to shoot through the shield? It is a close range weapon with lots of spread - and saber villains and Palp can attack through the shield already - so I think it would be okay in HvV - Iden and Phasma would have a hard time though... More importantly, I still worry that it even this would make her too powerful in GA against infantry because Leia would be a close quarters monster like this...

Thoughts?
  • MC_XIX
    1661 posts Member
    Boba needs a better blaster, especially now that Anakin can end him in 2 seconds without trying. He needs to be able to defend himself. Either that or a buff to 650hp.
  • awakespace
    1051 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Boba needs a better blaster, especially now that Anakin can end him in 2 seconds without trying. He needs to be able to defend himself. Either that or a buff to 650hp.

I understand your concern. I did add 50 health to all heroes aside from Anakin, so Boba would be at 600. I also just tweaked the jetpack recovery ability the I added. So if Boba is caught in Anakin's pull, he should now be able to save himself if he has For the Hunt available. I don't know about improving his blaster - he is already a beast if played with high skill - I'm not sure if you want him to out DPS other blaster users straight up, since Boba has such great agility and speed.
  • ghawar18
    828 posts Member
    awakespace wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »

I hear you with this, but this would definitely make her overpowered in GA. She already can snipe with R2 from across the map, and this would make her simultaneously invincible.

How about allowing her E11 to shoot through the shield? It is a close range weapon with lots of spread - and saber villains and Palp can attack through the shield already - so I think it would be okay in HvV - Iden and Phasma would have a hard time though... More importantly, I still worry that it even this would make her too powerful in GA against infantry because Leia would be a close quarters monster like this...

Thoughts?

leia sniper with his secondary shot has already been a lot of nerve, but if you still prefer to reduce the scope of his self-guided shooting, it would not bother me either, I would like leia to play in the front line with his shield to support his troops , with as a bonus, a 10% reduction of reloading the other allies (leia excluded) who are inside the shield, it would bring a big bowl of oxygen to the hero and that would allow even new strategy ^^
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    awakespace wrote: »
    HoK is passive trait for all heroes (this includes Palp's Lightning Absorption and Iden's Friend in Battle becoming passive traits)

All saber users do minimum of 150 damage if hitting from behind

All blaster heroes get 50 more health regeneration

All heroes aside from Anakin get 50 more base health

Note: I'm adding some capacity to break through block to all saber users

Anakin:
    • Reduce Heroic Might maximum damage to 400 - but do not decrease how quickly he can get to 400
    • Decrease retribution maximum damage to 300

Luke:
    • 120 damage base
    • 120 Rush
    • Push damage to heroes increased from 90 to 120
    • Rush breaks through block partially causing 50 damage
    • Repulse does 150 damage and has 40% damage reduction during use
    • Buff his cards - Jedi Fighter stamina increase to 30%, Rush Immunity damage decrease to 50%, Deflection Mastery adds 25% damage to deflected shots

Rey:
    • Dash Strike breaks through block
    • Increase hero HoK from 60 to 100

Yoda:
    • Jump as high as basic Jedi (Rey, Kylo, Obi, etc.)
    • Push does 150 damage base and 300 at full charge
    • Yoda can block lightsabers with his lightsaber
    • Star Cards: Increase Jedi Mentor damage resistance to 10%, Opposing the Dark Side damage increase to 20

Obi-Wan:
    • Defensive Rush move speed increased - 25% faster
    • Able to jump out of Defensive Rush
    • Defensive Rush can be triggered while blocking
    • Defensive Rush will break through block
    • Mind-trick is reworked to stop all offensive capacity, abilities, and blocking - and only allow characters to run, jump, and dodge. If boba is on the ground he will not be able to startup his jetpack, but if he's in the air, it will not knock him out of the sky.

Maul:
    • Spin Attack partially breaks through block causing 75 damage
    • Saber throw fixed to work exactly like it did at launch
    • Choke Hold does 100 damage
    • Maul has 50% damage reduction during Choke Hold
    • Add ability to block force attacks like Yoda but not lightsabers

Kylo:
    • Pull has base damage of 50 (can be increased to 100 with card)
    • Frenzy fully breaks through block
    • Frenzy can be triggered while moving and/or blocking

Vader:
    • Choke does 150 damage
    • Vader has 50% damage reduction during Choke
    • Focused rage causes 150 damage per saber strike

Dooku:
    • Expose weakness allows Dooku (only Dooku) to partially damage through block at 40%
    • Lightning stun has increased range by 20%

Grievous:
    • Thrust Surge partially breaks block causing 100 damage but no knock down

Finn:
    • Big deal causes no running speed reduction
    • Regular HoK (not tied to Glie)
    • Undercover team Glie-44 breaks through block at 50% damage

Lando:
    • Increased damage of blaster slightly
    • Have less damage drop-off at range
    • Decrease recoil
    • Smoke slows opponents (similar to Palp's Dark Aura) and increase any damage taken by 25%

Leia:
    • Make shield inside area cause damage to villains who enter at rate of Bossk's Dioxis

Boba:
    • Concussion missile should cause 50 damage and cause knock down if it hits directly - if it is just splash it should function as it does now
    • Can recover if knocked out of the air while For the Hunt is active - this works to recover from both explosions and from force powers - there is a 3 second cool down between each recovery (so for instance if Boba is hit by Chewy, falls, recovers, and then Chewy hits him immediately again, he cannot recover again immediately, 3 more seconds must pass from the first recovery before his next recovery)

Phasma:
    • Full HoK (not tied to only staff strikes)

Chewy:
    • Full HoK (not tied only to charge slam), but when defeating villains it only gives him 50 health (not 100)

This @F8RGE ?

• 100% agree on Maul. At first I thought he needs a saber block, but I rather stick with unlimited stamina. Maul is just spot on bro.
    Make Maul great again.
  • awakespace
    1051 posts Member
    I'm also thinking that another way to alter Boba is to give him a 4th ability that is a "jetpack repair." So if you get knocked out of the sky, you can press the button (same as Retribution), hear some sort of mechanical click, and then your jetpack is repaired. But that it has a 5-10 second cool down - so if you are hit again after using it, you go down.