criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This is how you nerf Anakin Skywalker.

Prev1
Thechosen1_anakin
6186 posts Member
edited March 4
As someone who obviously loves anakin it hurts my heart to see all the nerfs threads. So this is how I would nerf Anakin Skywalker.

Stamina: as someone known as a offensive character his offensive base stamina should be 16 strikes. With cards his stamina goes down to vader levels 8 swings & he's done. Sounds fair? Of course it does. His blocking stamina should also be lowered as well. When blocking lightsaber strikes anakin can only block a minimal of 6 to 8 strikes before his stamina drains. His blocking stamina against blasters should be similar to rey's & kylo's but with better accuracy

Heroic might: heroic might should do less damage the farther people are from the center of the blast. When near the center you will take 500 damage, mid-distance, 250 & 150 when near it's end.

Heroic might should have a 32 second cooldown, & passionate strike 18 seconds.
This is how you balance a hero & not nerf them into the ground.

Edit: his heroic might should be his middle ability, his pull his left & passionate strike his right.

Post edited by Thechosen1_anakin on

Replies

• Raices wrote: »
    Kinda agree with this, but 32 second cooldown is too much of a nerf imo.

It's his most powerful move & can wipe an entire objective of 20 enemies. It shouldn't cone back in 12 seconds. It's deadlier than vaders choke yet he's comes back in 12 seconds or so while vaders choke comes back in 32 seconds & can only kill 6 people tops
  • Raices
    1143 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »

It's his most powerful move & can wipe an entire objective of 20 enemies. It shouldn't cone back in 12 seconds. It's deadlier than vaders choke yet he's comes back in 12 seconds or so while vaders choke comes back in 32 seconds & can only kill 6 people tops

Yeah, but with the range nerf he's receiving maybe all that will tone down a little. Btw. You don't think retribution needs some kind of adjustment? I think the enemy team should know when Anakin has charged it up OR take down the dmg reduction he receive while doing it to maybe 50%

Yeah, but with the range nerf he's receiving maybe all that will tone down a little. Btw. You don't think retribution needs some kind of adjustment? I think the enemy team should know when Anakin has charged it up OR take down the dmg reduction he receive while doing it to maybe 50%

I would keep the damage reduction. That long animation he would get melted if it was lower. I heard overwatch gives you a warning when a certain character has his ultimate don't know how it would work on this game though once you're in his radius you're dead
  • I wouldn't call this a nerf.
    I would call this a fix
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Should make Heroic Might his middle ability. Also, agree with Heroic Might nerfs. But keep his stamina the same. Saber combat reworks incoming.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

I would keep the damage reduction. That long animation he would get melted if it was lower. I heard overwatch gives you a warning when a certain character has his ultimate don't know how it would work on this game though once you're in his radius you're dead

Battlefront 2015 gave a warning when Greedo would use his lock on ability, probably something like that, if they were to add it. Or like the little orbital strike warning, saying heroic might instead.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Should make Heroic Might his middle ability. Also, agree with Heroic Might nerfs. But keep his stamina the same. Saber combat reworks incoming.

Yeah I made a post about that earlier.

True but remember he has fast regen a dash there & he's fine
  • Raices
    1143 posts Member

Battlefront 2015 gave a warning when Greedo would use his lock on ability, probably something like that, if they were to add it. Or like the little orbital strike warning, saying heroic might instead.

What about puting an Icon aver him? like the classes.

Idk cause once you're in his range with the radius being so big I don't think it would matter. Unless they put a weapon in to balance him like a pistol that drains heroic might or abilities.
  • Bumping cause this should be the go to nerf thread
  • Raices
    1143 posts Member
    Bumping cause this should be the go to nerf thread

What about changing the color of Anakin's dot on the radar when Retribution is charged up?

Idk cause once you're in his range with the radius being so big I don't think it would matter. Unless they put a weapon in to balance him like a pistol that drains heroic might or abilities.

The stinger pistol can kill him. You can shoot it at him while he charges up, and the damage will kill him a couple seconds after (though you will also kill all the normal troopers in your vicinity).
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One

What about changing the color of Anakin's dot on the radar when Retribution is charged up?

That gave me an idea make it to wear anakin is a gigantic dot on the mini map. I also wouldn't mind if retribution was giving off as a warning like orbital strike.

The stinger pistol can kill him. You can shoot it at him while he charges up, and the damage will kill him a couple seconds after (though you will also kill all the normal troopers in your vicinity).

The stinger pistol does kill noobs yes. Noobs who depend on that & all it takes is a recharge command & I just use heroic might to lessen the effects until they wear off.

Just mark him on the radar with a skull and crossbones :D
  • Bandicoot wrote: »

Lmao I like it
  • Raices
    1143 posts Member
    Bandicoot wrote: »

Lol perfect
  • Raices
    1143 posts Member

That gave me an idea make it to wear anakin is a gigantic dot on the mini map. I also wouldn't mind if retribution was giving off as a warning like orbital strike.

Yup, this would also work for HvV
  • Lmao, absolutely not. We go from a max range and damage nerf to a partial butcher job. Hahaha, keep it.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Heroic might is only as useful as the input it receives from enemies, that in of itself is a perfectly balanced mechanic. Like I said, a max range/damage nerf is all it arguably needs.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • mastery0ta
    6072 posts Member
    Go ahead and remove him from the game for a month like they did Palps. Ah memories. *forums explode*
  • As someone who obviously loves anakin it hurts my heart to see all the nerfs threads. So this is how I would nerf Anakin Skywalker.

Stamina: as someone known as a offensive character his offensive base stamina should be 16 strikes. With cards his stamina goes down to vader levels 8 swings & he's done. Sounds fair? Of course it does. His blocking stamina should also be lowered as well. When blocking lightsaber strikes anakin can only block a minimal of 6 to 8 strikes before his stamina drains. His blocking stamina against blasters should be similar to rey's & kylo's but with better accuracy

Heroic might: heroic might should do less damage the farther people are from the center of the blast. When near the center you will take 500 damage, mid-distance, 250 & 150 when near it's end.

Heroic might should have a 32 second cooldown, & passionate strike 18 seconds.
    This is how you balance a hero & not nerf them into the ground.

Edit: his heroic might should be his middle ability, his pull his left & passionate strike his right.

I like the idea that his heroic might ability deals less damage the farther you are from the center as well as a longer cooldown. This is one of the most constructive posts I’ve seen in regards to balancing anakin.
  • Heroic might is only as useful as the input it receives from enemies, that in of itself is a perfectly balanced mechanic. Like I said, a max range/damage nerf is all it arguably needs.

I think it is too but this was,just for the complainers. As,balanced as possible
  • Just a reminder that this is how you balance a hero
  • ROMG4
    2503 posts Member
    Seeing people say "Just don't shoot Anakin, Heroic Might is easily countered because of that"

Really don''t understand that power
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Do people actually think Heroic Might is the problem and not Retribution?
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    Do people actually think Heroic Might is the problem and not Retribution?

Yeah I made this post without thinking about the move. A commented on other threads how heros shouldn't take damage from outside force & should have damage immunity, the ability only being able to be used a certain amount of times maybe 2 charges & after you use both they both have like a 5 minute cooldown
  • Empire_TW
    5984 posts Member
    Atreus213 wrote: »
    Do people actually think Heroic Might is the problem and not Retribution?

They just haven't been chocked from around a corner yet.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I often don't agree with you but honestly, let's leave Anakin alone. He feels really great right now. He feels the way all the heroes should feel.
  • Heres how to fix anakin.
    Swap heroic might for a saber throw.
    Reduce retribution radius to same as luke's repulse.
    That is all.
  • ROMG4
    2503 posts Member
    Getting your favorite hero and immediately dying to Anakin when turning the corner

2vp9x6.gif
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Lol the same crybabies that want a nerf are the same ones that get wrecked as anakin
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Lol the same crybabies that want a nerf are the same ones that get wrecked as anakin

lmao another internet tuff guy. My level 1 Anakin would ruin you in any mode.

OP's is one of the best ones on PS4 and would probably farm you to triple digits before you ragequit.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Does his health regen while using heroic might or retribution because if so that needs to go
  • Does his health regen while using heroic might or retribution because if so that needs to go

He can't regen if he's taking damage
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    Does his health regen while using heroic might or retribution because if so that needs to go

No, I've killed several Anakins that were using retribution. That is when they are actually most vulnerable. You get a good 4 or 5 seconds to take free shots at him, but you have to kill him before he gets the HOK.
  • brienj wrote: »
    Does his health regen while using heroic might or retribution because if so that needs to go

No, I've killed several Anakins that were using retribution. That is when they are actually most vulnerable. You get a good 4 or 5 seconds to take free shots at him, but you have to kill him before he gets the HOK.

Then they had to have like 0 health left, because he gets 90% damage reduction while charging HR or using Retribution.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

Then they had to have like 0 health left, because he gets 90% damage reduction while charging HR or using Retribution.

Overload abilities ignore the 90%

NO WAY WHAT??!?!?!

• ROMG4
    2503 posts Member
    edited March 10
    brienj wrote: »

NO WAY WHAT??!?!?!

That is totally getting patched out once people learn about it

In the meantime

giphy.gif

I want that Anakin shot OUT OF THE MAP!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • His abilities are strong but thats not all why he is op. He has most hp in the game most saber damage in the game. With your said nerfs he would be nerfed majorly in Ga but still no.1 by far in HvV.

With 140 per strike at base and at 800 hp for offensive hero is not right. Change saber damage to 125. Still can 1 shot troopers with 'Massive Strikes' star card equipped. Nerf his hp to 750 like the other 2 jedi and Rey, still having 950 hp with the 'Tenacious' star card equipped.

Slight increase all abilities cooldown even 15% would be fine.
  • Distribute his Heroic Might Damage equally for those within his radius, this is what breaking GA at the moment
  • Eddie7417 wrote: »
    His abilities are strong but thats not all why he is op. He has most hp in the game most saber damage in the game. With your said nerfs he would be nerfed majorly in Ga but still no.1 by far in HvV.

With 140 per strike at base and at 800 hp for offensive hero is not right. Change saber damage to 125. Still can 1 shot troopers with 'Massive Strikes' star card equipped. Nerf his hp to 750 like the other 2 jedi and Rey, still having 950 hp with the 'Tenacious' star card equipped.

Negative to everything. Hes a offensive tank he should have high damage & health. Count dooku does 180 damage & out classes anakin with expose. His health is fine as is you are nerfing him into the ground. Also the only ability that needs a cooldown increase is heroic might
  • Eddie7417 wrote: »
    His abilities are strong but thats not all why he is op. He has most hp in the game most saber damage in the game. With your said nerfs he would be nerfed majorly in Ga but still no.1 by far in HvV.

Negative to everything. Hes a offensive tank he should have high damage & health. Count dooku does 180 damage & out classes anakin with expose. His health is fine as is you are nerfing him into the ground. Also the only ability that needs a cooldown increase is heroic might

So what your saying is he should have the most Hp in the game, the most damage per strike in the game, best abilities in the game and even have an extra one. But nah lets nerf one of his cooldowns, stamina and damage per range on one ability?

Think my balances would better suit both modes Ga and HvV
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    Eddie7417 wrote: »

That 50 less HP isn’t a big change so why even bring it down? 💀🤦🏽‍♂️
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    I like your ideas EXCEPT the heroic might cool down one that’s wayyy too long and passionate strikes cool down shouldn’t even be touched, there’s so many characters with just as good abilities and they’re staying as is so don’t nerf Anakin to the ground
  • vBREEDv wrote: »
    Eddie7417 wrote: »

That 50 less HP isn’t a big change so why even bring it down? 💀🤦🏽‍♂️

That 50 hp could be 1 less strike to take him out!
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »

Here is one video I made doing it in GA. I had chipped away a lot of his health with a barrage and impact grenade beforehand, as well as others were shooting at him, but he did retribution and it was game over for him, lol
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjaTYeFR8yWVjUJ2S8d-4PfEs8E5