criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can The Devs Remove Out of Bounds From Arcade?

Or at least in some places. It would be awesome to be able to fight in the Naboo generator room, or the shipwreck on the DS2. Does anyone know if there's a mod for this?

Replies

• ross42899
    1435 posts Member
    They should at least slightly increase the boundaries on Takodana, Mos Eisley and Yavin 4. those maps are very small and cramped compared to most of the other maps.
    I don't quite understand why Takodana & Mos Eisley don't use the HvV boundaries and Yavin 4 the blast boundaries. All 3 maps are slightly larger in those modes (Takodana includes part of the forest and that fuel tank area, Yavin 4 the upper level and complete second hangar not just half of it, and Mos Eisley includes one or two additional alleyways on one side of the Cantina).
  • Relmets
    1467 posts Member
    They absolutely should do this. Arcade could then double up as a map exploring mode too. Either remove the boundaries or broaden them GREATLY. Both in the air and on the ground. Theed would be particularly fun to explore.

Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Would be nice wouldn't it. Defintely would love to play on the entire map
  • Why ? Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • Why ? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Because some people cannot play online, and we cant forget that arcade, while not that great, is still a thing.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • I forgot to add that the GA and HvV maps should all be available in arcade.
  • Cadoth
    805 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Or at least in some places. It would be awesome to be able to fight in the Naboo generator room, or the shipwreck on the DS2. Does anyone know if there's a mod for this?

If you wanted to know it, yes I’m pretty sure there actually is a mod for that but since I can’t use any mod (even though I’m on PC) I support this, it would be interesting to explore also the very limits of the maps we have in arcade
  • Cadoth
    805 posts Member
    I forgot to add that the GA and HvV maps should all be available in arcade.

And also this
  • Bump*, this needs to be done
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • #showarcadesomelovebeforedevelopmentends
  • Maps should definitely be expanded a bit more. Or at least expanded to their full size in arcade mode. The maps are too well done to not be able to explore them without getting killed by other players constantly.
  • This needs to be done!
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • I think, if the Devs don't put the GA-Maps into Arcade in the near future, they should add a lot of these smaller maps and use the bigger versions of the existing maps to make Arcade a bit more fun and a bit more varied.

These maps should be replaced:
    - Tatooine (Mos Eisley) - replace it with the HvV-Map
    - Takodana - replace it with the HvV-Map
    - Yavin IV - replace it with the Blast-Map
    - Tatooine (Jabba's Palace) - replace it with the Extraction-Map (it has an additional outdoor area)

These small maps should be added:
    - Tatooine (Mos Eisley) - Strike-Map (it shows parts of the 2nd Phase)
    - Endor - Strike Map (3rd Phase) and Ewok-Hunt-Map (parts of the 2nd Phase)
    - Hoth - HvV-Map (3rd Phase) and Blast-Map (parts of the 2nd Phase / i'm not sure if the Blast-Map is essentially different from the Arcade-Map but i think it shows another part of the hanger)
    - Yavin IV - HvV-Map (1st Phase) and Strike-Map (2nd Phase)
    - Death Star II - HvV-Map (3rd Phase) and Strike-Map (parts of the 2nd Phase)
    - Kamino - HvV-Map (2nd Phase)
    - Naboo - Strike-Map (parts of the 1st Phase)
    - Jakku - HvV-Map (3rd Phase) and Strike-Map (parts of the 1st Phase)
    - Starkiller-Base - HvV-Map (1st Phase) and Strike-Map (parts of the 3rd Phase)

Another idea, that just came up to me, was to cut the Geonosis-Map in half and expand the two smaller on their edges.

The next step would be to increase the A.I.-player amount on every small map up to 32 or at least up to 25. Then it wouldn't be so boring anymore to play on Arcade. Of course the map boundaries should be removed as well, even if the A.I. can't move into these areas, so the player can explore these wonderful maps (i don't know any reason, why these maps should be left for dead (just like the most of the SWBF2015-Maps)). Also the damage, the A.I. can cause should be increased (i believe it's just 40% of the damage, a player can cause) to increase the difficulty of the Arcade-Mode. And last but not least: the player should have the option to choose the time of day and the skins, he/she wants to use in a match.

Except of the map-changes and -additions all of these changes have already been done by modders and i believe it wouldn't take to much time, effort and ressources for the Dev-Team to realize this. I am no developer, so i can't estimate how much time, effort, ressources it would take to apply those map-changes and -additions but i suppose it isn't too much.

Dear Devs, i think the Arcade-Community (including myself) would be very glad to see these changes in one of the next updates (please F8RGE, EA_Charlemagne!). I don't expect you to answer this or annouce something in the next days, but i really want you to read this, think about it and perhaps discuss it at work.

PS: Please excuse my english and any mistakes i might have done on this post (i'm new on this forum).
  • It'd be nice for noobs that buy this game on sale (because its on sale every other day) to learn the GA map layout.