criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Allow Players To Reconnect To A Game Which They've Been Disconnected From.

So today i was playing a round of Star Wars battlefront 2 and was having a great time with a kill streak of about 56 as Dooku. When what should befall me but my internet flickering for a second and kicking me from the game.

Now this isn't the first time that this has happened and it wont be the last.

So I propose that the good people of EA and DICE add a function where when you're disconnected from a game you can just hit a button and it takes you back to the very one you were kicked from.

This would make many of us very happy.

If you've had this happen to you before then be sure to let me know.

Jaron.

Replies

• jonci
    1011 posts Member
    Yes it happens, but unfortunately someone can fill the available slot, cant see how they exclusively keep it open for a specific player, for all they know they quit. Or if you have a crash by the time you log back in to PC or console and game it any way.
    If you do get back in the same game your score is reset anyway as you are identified as a new player in that match. Again issue is ties in with my 1st comment about keeping it open.
    Wont work.
  • Jriso
    1 posts Member
    Yeah you're probably right. I hadn't thought of that.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Yes it happens, but unfortunately someone can fill the available slot, cant see how they exclusively keep it open for a specific player, for all they know they quit. Or if you have a crash by the time you log back in to PC or console and game it any way.
    If you do get back in the same game your score is reset anyway as you are identified as a new player in that match. Again issue is ties in with my 1st comment about keeping it open.
    Wont work.

It can work if DICE chose to do the work to make it happen. How do I know?

I play Paladins, and it has a feature that if you quit or get disconnected from any mode, you will he loaded into the same match.

This covers rage quitters, restarting the game due to it freezing up, and server disconnects. You'll keep getting put into that same lobby until the match is over. Your choice is going to the same server or waiting up to 20m for it to end.