criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Star Wars Battlefront II: Release Notes - The Chosen One Hotfix

F8RGE
791 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 5
Hello There,

With the recent release of the Chosen One update we will be releasing a hotfix this week (March 6th) that addresses a small number of issues and also contains a balancing pass for Anakin.

We’re very happy with the way Anakin has been received but we have decided to lower the max base damage of his Heroic Impact ability to 450 points. In addition to this we have reduced the max radius which is now locked to 20 meters. While Anakin should always be a formidable opponent, we felt that being able to one-shoot heroes from such a great distance was not optimal.

Based on community feedback we have also fixed the issue where the damage reduction on Obi-Wan Kenobi’s All-Out Push ability was remaining active. Thanks for the early flag on this, the feedback helped us secure a fix really fast.

We hope you’re enjoying the Chosen One update and we look forward to seeing you all on the battlefront.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Release Notes:
  • Balanced Anakin Skywalker’s “Heroic Might” ability. The max radius of the ability is now locked to 20 meters and max base damage to 450 points.
  • Fixed an issue where the damage reduction that applied while Obi-Wan Kenobi was performing his All-Out Push ability, remained active after the ability was completed.
  • Disabled the scoring events when a player squad spawns on another player.
  • Fixed an issue where the AI Starfighters on Starfighter Custom Arcade would fly out of bounds.
  • Removed the duplicate message for all the appearances when opening the Legion Starter Bundle.
  • Resolved a settings issue that would occasionally cause the game to crash on PC on startup.
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    Sounds fair for Anakin. Should knock him back down slightly but keep him very strong.

Good to see a fix on Obi-Wan too - was starting to dread seeing him as the target on HvV, particularly when players seemed to know about the push issue.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Yeah I agree he does need a nerf for the damage. I was playing Grevious and died one shot cause of him. also very hard to get anakin in HvV cause everyone chooses him so fast i don't know how they do it, only got him on lvl 4 atm, but i haven't been trying so much to get him, thought i'd wait a few weeks when people start maxing up and i can then level him up.
  • Sad_History
    120 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Thank you for that.

Anakin makes it fun again to play as LS (even as Luke i win 60-70% of the matches), but his Heroic Might made it so unfair for Maul, Boba and Palpatine.

He is still a bit to powerful, but i think this is what balance out the two teams. I have nothing against it since i only play as Luke and now gets more chances to play as him when everyone choses Anakin.

Post edited by Sad_History on
  • So does this mean the maximum total damage Heroic Impact can do is 450? Or can it still do more than that based on damage received during charge up? I asked because you say “base damage” instead of max damage.
  • AltoJun
    101 posts Member
    And what about Anakin killing enemies through walls?
  • Thanks for the hotfix. Do you think we could also see some buffs for other heroes like Vader to match Anakin's power?
  • DannyTheNerd2002
    46 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Sounds great. I think heroic might was the only thing that needed a nerf, so Its good to see its getting one.
    Post edited by DannyTheNerd2002 on
  • Jaku wrote: »
    Wow a hotfix that actually fixes the problem in a reasonable timeframe? This is not the Dice I know.

Oh it still is as the other bugs that need Hot fixes remain firmley alive eg Strike round startup and spawn bug
  • I don't think much needed doing with Anakin. This fix sounds okay. Does annakin not have a card for increasing radius of Heroic Might? If so do you intend to change this card?
  • Setrhy
    19 posts Member
    Wait!!! dont forget to fix the block bug for lightsaber heroes, u need to lose your stamina to make it working again. Is a very important fix, dont forget that guys.

About Anakin...well! I can understand he can one shut everyone, although it would not be a problem if people did not hit at that time, In the end the one that kills you is the team, not Anakin xD. But well Im okay with this "balance"(nerf), because I want to play with anakin cause I like the character, not cause is OP(because that is the reason that many people choose it.)

General Grievous...
    e6ea0d2d213297d6ea9af6ede78a43648142af7e_00.gif

• AltoJun wrote: »
    And what about Anakin killing enemies through walls?

"I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • BIGJJ61191 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree he does need a nerf for the damage. I was playing Grevious and died one shot cause of him. also very hard to get anakin in HvV cause everyone chooses him so fast i don't know how they do it, only got him on lvl 4 atm, but i haven't been trying so much to get him, thought i'd wait a few weeks when people start maxing up and i can then level him up.

He didnt really need a nerf for damage, its called a mechanic, and a simple one at that. Dont...hit...him...while...hes...charging...

If this were to remain not only is it unfair for villains to get the chance to defeat him but it’s would also become an opportunity for trolls to use this by shooting him to kill a villain so they could get the villain or even ruin the game, I’m not saying this is what everyone does I’m only saying this is a possibility and can ruin balancing.
    "Oh well it's my programming." -Battle droid Star Wars Clone wars Ep 1
  • Will Palpatine ever get his block back?
  • TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    Ardrikk wrote: »
    So does this mean the maximum total damage Heroic Impact can do is 450? Or can it still do more than that based on damage received during charge up? I asked because you say “base damage” instead of max damage.

It actually says "max base damage", which I believe means the max damage without cards. I could be wrong though.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • We need clarification on “max base damage”

If Anakin receives no damage the ability will dish out damage which SHOulD be the max base damage of like 150 I believe and then there’s a card to increase that BASE damage.

Are you saying that the MAX damage Anakin will be able to inflict is 450? The whole base damage thing is confusing people and rightfully so. @F8RGE
  • Still Force powers are still disabling blocks and attacks. And it's not only with Anakin.

This needs to be addressed asap.

• zzzzz Please fix block
  • Ok I might try GA as DS again. Have been quitting as DS because it was pointless.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello There,

With the recent release of the Chosen One update we will be releasing a hotfix this week (March 6th) that addresses a small number of issues and also contains a balancing pass for Anakin.

We’re very happy with the way Anakin has been received but we have decided to lower the max base damage of his Heroic Impact ability to 450 points. In addition to this we have reduced the max radius which is now locked to 20 meters. While Anakin should always be a formidable opponent, we felt that being able to one-shoot heroes from such a great distance was not optimal.

Based on community feedback we have also fixed the issue where the damage reduction on Obi-Wan Kenobi’s All-Out Push ability was remaining active. Thanks for the early flag on this, the feedback helped us secure a fix really fast.

We hope you’re enjoying the Chosen One update and we look forward to seeing you all on the battlefront.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Release Notes:
    • Balanced Anakin Skywalker’s “Heroic Might” ability. The max radius of the ability is now locked to 20 meters and max base damage to 450 points.
    • Fixed an issue where the damage reduction that applied while Obi-Wan Kenobi was performing his All-Out Push ability, remained active after the ability was completed.
    • Disabled the scoring events when a player squad spawns on another player.
    • Fixed an issue where the AI Starfighters on Starfighter Custom Arcade would fly out of bounds.
    • Removed the duplicate message for all the appearances when opening the Legion Starter Bundle.
    • Resolved a settings issue that would occasionally cause the game to crash on PC on startup.

Good stuff. Keep these bug fixes coming. :sunglasses:

I'm bummed the squad spawn scoring is being disabled again. I thought it was fixed in The Chosen One Update. I was so stoked to have it back. :disappointed:

No fix for the lightsaber blocking bug, though? This is a pretty serious issue that needed to be fixed post haste. Still no Enforcer for Geonosis Custom Arcade, either? What about a fix for the disappearing cockpits bug in Campaign and Arcade? :confused:
    "All wings report in."
  • DarthCapa2
    2908 posts Member
    He is still too much compared to all the others i think.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    Cosmo31315 wrote: »
    BIGJJ61191 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree he does need a nerf for the damage. I was playing Grevious and died one shot cause of him. also very hard to get anakin in HvV cause everyone chooses him so fast i don't know how they do it, only got him on lvl 4 atm, but i haven't been trying so much to get him, thought i'd wait a few weeks when people start maxing up and i can then level him up.

He didnt really need a nerf for damage, its called a mechanic, and a simple one at that. Dont...hit...him...while...hes...charging...

If this were to remain not only is it unfair for villains to get the chance to defeat him but it’s would also become an opportunity for trolls to use this by shooting him to kill a villain so they could get the villain or even ruin the game, I’m not saying this is what everyone does I’m only saying this is a possibility and can ruin balancing.

I swear I wasn't unloading Boba's rockets and all at Ani on purpose to wipe out my team

kyih3epx8w6k.png
    Ok, I got bored and thought it would be funny, and I was right B)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• BUFF YODA!!! I can't stand him being weaker than Anakin, not to mention REY!!!!!
  • BIGJJ61191 wrote: »

Yeah I know. Teammates exist too, you do know that? They have blasters.
  • Anakin has two star cards that tie into his heroic might ability. One is called "control the force" which basically everyone uses. That increases the base range of heroic might. The other is called "raw strength", I don't see killstreak users running this, but post nerf I think this is the one to go with. That star card increases the BASE DAMAGE of heroic might. If purple it increases it by 50 damage points. Since he's getting a cap on his range to 20m you might want to run both and then another star card, probably health on kill if you're going for a killstreak.
  • Sad_History
    120 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Anakin has two star cards that tie into his heroic might ability. One is called "control the force" which basically everyone uses. That increases the base range of heroic might. The other is called "raw strength", I don't see killstreak users running this, but post nerf I think this is the one to go with. That star card increases the BASE DAMAGE of heroic might. If purple it increases it by 50 damage points. Since he's getting a cap on his range to 20m you might want to run both and then another star card, probably health on kill if you're going for a killstreak.

This is great for balancing purpose. When he faces a good Boba and/or a Palpatine he might have to change at least one card to something that improves the range of his pull, reducing his Might even more.
  • i am happy about mr Skywalker he is great like him has overpowered
  • Defbored
    1434 posts Member
    Awesome. Getting randomly instamelted in ga was not fun at all.
  • Anyone else find that you can't turn off the lightsaber anymore on pc?
  • Sniffy44
    393 posts Member
    BIGJJ61191 wrote: »

except that i have no way to control other players

• We hope you’re enjoying the Chosen One update and we look forward to seeing you all on the battlefront.

am in enjoying. keep at it. hope some new starfighter changes.....
  • Iceninja
    419 posts Member
    Anyone else find that you can't turn off the lightsaber anymore on pc?

They did not take it out, they just changed which key you hit to turn it on/off. All I know it is x for Xbox now.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • I love the attention to starfighter Arcade, which I honestly did not know was a thing, But has ther been any complaints that the Starfighter targeting crosshairs are too small? It suddenly changed after Geonosis, but I cant find anything in the patch notes for it.
  • A few questions:

1. When is the hotfix being deployed; and
    2. Will it stop the crash to desktop after 30-60 mins of game play that has been happening since the Chosen One update was released?
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    We need clarification on “max base damage”

If Anakin receives no damage the ability will dish out damage which SHOulD be the max base damage of like 150 I believe and then there’s a card to increase that BASE damage.

Are you saying that the MAX damage Anakin will be able to inflict is 450? The whole base damage thing is confusing people and rightfully so. @F8RGE

This is just a blind guess, but max base damage sounds as maximum damage after receiving damage without any card. Max for the cap of the "charged damage" and base for damage without cards. I agree though that we shouldn't be guessing and the wording should be more clear.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • hosco33
    220 posts Member
    @F8RGE , Isn't it going to be fixed saber heroes totally not able to block sometimes?, that's a serious one, and led me to think it was the server not receiving keystrokes due to lack of capacity
  • CHL007
    11 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Hey @F8RGE
    WHY WON'T YOU FIX THE HORRIBLE MATCHMAKING FOR STRIKE??? OR GIVE EVEN ONE NEW MAP FOR STRIKE? WTF?!!!
  • Stingil
    34 posts Member
    Excuse me? Ani's heroic ability was said to do a max of 400 in the chosen one release notes. Now you guys set it even higher?
  • TiNie
    249 posts Member
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Will Palpatine ever get his block back?

I never played SWBF1, but I saw how Palpatine can block lightsabers and blaster fire. I find this idea was brilliant. I never ever saw Palpatine unsing a one handed lightning and even in this game everbody uses his two handed lightning. So make the right Mouse Button (on PC) to be his block like he had in SWBF1, maybe with a sort of nerf. It always was ridiculous to see this powerful Sith bouncing around.
    I would like to see Yoda to block lightsabers too. Without blocking it, Yoda did not feel like himself.
    Same is valid for Maul too. Now he is the worst Dark Side User. He need not to reflect blaster fire but at least diffuse it and his stamina could be on the tier with Grievious.
    And of course Palpatine and Maul should parry Force Powers with this too.
    Good news, but the Disabled Block BUG is the worst plague of this patch. I highly doubt that HvV will be playable just by fixing Heroic Might and Obi's God Stance.

As in your shot clip. If your block is broken are you somehow invincible? I thought, that you are an easy target to kill.
    By the way, you can restore the block by fully draining your stamina. After that your block is working again. But if you are invincible than no one would do this.
    BUFF YODA!!! I can't stand him being weaker than Anakin, not to mention REY!!!!!
    Well, Anakin had/has the potential to be the strongest force user ever, but he was undisciplined and so his Light Side Powers should be beyond Yoda's. Yoda is older wiser and more disciplined. And even Yoda knew that even Darth Sidious was stronger than Anakin, because he did not send Obi-Wan to fight Sidious.
    So I fully agree that Yoda is underpowered. The first change should be the radius of his Force Push, it should be increased, second only Yoda is small doesn't mean that he is not able to jump as high as all the other Force Users, so would be nice to see Yoda jumping higher. By the way Yoda's starcard which increases his Force Push (Unleashed) ability up to 30% is somehow useless. Everytime Yoda absorbs "energy" and uses this ability, the radius is collapsing beyond his basis radius, with or without this starcard is of no importance. Only using Unleashed without beeing "loaded" let it grow to the basis radius (with starcard 30% higher). I don't really know why this was made this way, but all in all his Force Push / Unleashed radius is too low.

Rey:
    Well, I don't really understand why they made her that powerful. Her insight ability with unlimited stamina would fit much better to Luke, why? Remember Luke in Ep6 at the end fighting against Vader. His anger made him so powerful that he overrun Vader and won. I liked to see this to be one of his abilities. Maybe, they will now add a fourth ability to all Force Users, after they did this with Anakin. I would like to see this "anger" to be Luke's fourth ability. But coming back to Rey. She is somehow stronger against other villians, because of her mindtrick, her unlimited stamina and higher lightsaber damage. And with the right starcard she can run with her stretch out lightsaber through a group of troopers and kill all but the heavy and special ones. For me it is strange to see Luke weaker than Rey.
    I liked that EA buffed Kylo Ren the right way. Although his bloodlust starcard is now needless. After all the new epic Characters had much more lightsaber damage (than the original ones), I would buff Luke's damage too. I know that 2 of his 3 abilites of Kylo Ren deals almost no damage, but instead his frenzy is really strong now.
    And don't forget. Luke has only a health regeneration of 200HP compared to most of the others with 250HP. I know that he might be the fastest in regen his health but I would like to see him at the same tier. All abilities but one from the new Charakters are clearly under 20s, I would like to see some older powers to be leaded faster too.
    Anyone else find that you can't turn off the lightsaber anymore on pc?
    I was told, that this "lightsaber button" is now used by Anakin's 4. ability. So this would be a problem for all non PC users. I liked it too to switch off and enlight the lightsabers and I hope that EA is bringing this function back for PC users (only).
    CHL007 wrote: »
    Hey @F8RGE
    WHY WON'T YOU FIX THE HORRIBLE MATCHMAKING FOR STRIKE??? OR GIVE EVEN ONE NEW MAP FOR STRIKE? WTF?!!!
    Don't forget the new Multiplayer Mode. In my own personal opinion I guess some thinks that were announced will never ever get into the game. I think there will be no more charakters or maps. Why? EA had to earn money with this game to release this, but at the moment they don't. I don't know the statistics, but do anyone of you ever bought crystals for SWBF2? I don't know anyone.
    I noticed in the media that players in other games pay about 20-30 Euros per month for one game, i.e. outfits, skins, etc. You can get all of this in SWBF2 with credits, so there is no need for bying crystals.
    Look how other video game companies are doing this. You have to spend money for upgrades. While it is no problem to see this with other games, no one wants to pay for upgrades. Like it or not but this is free-market economy.
    If EA/DICE would release maps or new characters (optional), I for myself would pay for this. I like to see Mace Windu in this game. And if the price is right and fair I would spend money for him. If I don't want to have new troopers I won't buy this and so I am not able to play them in the game, while it is possible to see them. I still haven't unlocked Lando's version of the Falcon, why? I don't need this! I have a good idea how to deal with maps, if someone don't want to buy it, but still had to play with on it (because of the selection method). But this would be going much more away from this original Thread. If someone is interesting and wants to discuss this with me, he/she can send me a private message.

Greetings.

• vonVile
    310 posts Member
    Dice, you still need to nerf his damage reducer to 50% instead of it being at 90%. If we are unable to do damage to Anakin giving us a chance to kill him there's no reason to ever attack him, thus his Heroic Might building power becomes useless. All I'm going to do now is ignore Anakin and run out of range.
  • vonVile
    310 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Another thing that Heroic Might needs is cool down. I just got hit by it back to back as an Assault. Anakin hit me with zero charge leaving me with 30 HP and he immediately did it a second time to kill me. The way it should work is the more damage Anakin deals the longer its cool down with the base time being 20 seconds.
  • Yadek
    2 posts Member
    edited March 7
    I am glad the chosen one is kept strong to bring balance against the dark side no need to nerf him more especially when Heroic Might has an animation that can be easily seen if you are paying attention instead of attacking without sense .I suggest adding ultimates to all heroes just like Anakin a powerful fourth ability to be charged .
  • I am startled to discover Obi Wan is actually intended to receive less damage while doing his push. I have actually refrained from doing it because I believed he was actually more susceptible to damage during it, based on how I have been insta-killed from full health the moment I activated it. To the point where I would never activate it if I was being actively attacked - it operated like an instant death button.

But hey, I guess that's just another bug in the endless bug parade...
  • TiNie
    249 posts Member
    I am startled to discover Obi Wan is actually intended to receive less damage while doing his push. I have actually refrained from doing it because I believed he was actually more susceptible to damage during it, based on how I have been insta-killed from full health the moment I activated it. To the point where I would never activate it if I was being actively attacked - it operated like an instant death button.

But hey, I guess that's just another bug in the endless bug parade...

That is the problem. It might be a bug, but in my opinion it could also be a damage hack.
    Some players do have a strange behavior in HvV. Some seem to receive logarithmic damage, some can kill you with 2-3 strikes, my force powers are never working on them, but vice versa they will always work.
    If no one from EA can tell us what's might be a bug and what a hack, we will never know. That's why I report those people by default, not because I 100% believe they are cheating, but because I can not tell if they do not.
    But I am not reporting every match all foes, no in some really strange situations I do this only.
  • You forgot to fix his ***** high stat gap. 140 dmg? Are you stupid?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!