criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Everyone complained about Heroic Might but Pull + Passionate strike its also a problem

DarthCapa2
2764 posts Member
edited March 6
I'm not saying Heroic Might wasn't in need to be adjusted, but there is another Op combo in Anakin set up and it is Pull Dominance + Passionate strike that is often a death sentence. Not because of pull + passionate but because then Anakin have all the time to concatenate others normal saber strikes of 165 super damages with the card that can melt any hero. Heroes stunned in this way can't block or roll until it is too late, and poof, from full health to 0 in 3 seconds. Now, i'm not suggesting a direct nerf but i think some solutions to balance this are required.

Replies

• Probably passionate strike shouldn't stun the enemy or shouldn't knock it back but only break the block.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    This doesn't happen all the time - I have saw many players (myself included) who managed to dodge, block or roll after he does this, most of the time before he gets a 3rd or 4th hit in. True, you lost a chunk of health, but its hardly a death sentence if you are an experienced player.

Changing passionate strike is only going to help Boba players who will zoom off after the pull dominance, as passionate strike won't affect them massively without knockback, and they don't have a block anyways
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • It's definitely very powerful as with cards pull+ps+2swings do 600 dmg plus you can instant hm for another 100 and the swing often tend to be from behind for additional 80 dmg. Is it op? I have no idea. Only reddit can decide such things

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• It's definitely very powerful as with cards pull+ps+2swings do 600 dmg plus you can instant hm for another 100 and the swing often tend to be from behind for additional 80 dmg. Is it op? I have no idea. Only reddit can decide such things
    LOL!!!

I don't think its any worse than Vaders Choke Lightsaber throw combo....

LOL!!!

Although I'm not calling for Anakin nerf, his method is way more efficient then Vader's as it does more dmg and has much more range. At best you can do I believe around 550 dmg with Vader's combo, while with Anakin's at best you'll do 780 dmg plus 50 more if you use pull dmg and pull 2 targets, but that's realy situational, but tbh so is Vader's combo

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    This is my ideal rework of Anakin

Saber Damage: His base frontal damage of 140 will be left unchanged. However damage from attacking the enemy's back at base will be reduced to 165. His saber damage card will have it's frontal damage of 165 be reduced to 155 points. However back damage with the card will be left as it is currently at 210 damage points to reward flanking strategies and ambushes

Health: Left unchanged

Strike: The Strike will no longer knock down Saber heroes that are blocking or blaster heroes. Instead the attack will simply break through the enemy's block and stagger them. Saber Heroes that are not blocking will be knocked down as before. Blaster heroes hit by the strike will react as if they were hit by a normal strike and not suffer a staggering effect

This is a simple change to help out infantry and saber heroes

Pull: Like Dooku's lightning strike Lightsaber heroes can block on the ground, blaster heroes will also get up in half the time it takes them to get back on their feet when affected by pull currently
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    This is my ideal rework of Anakin

Saber Damage: His base frontal damage of 140 will be left unchanged. However damage from attacking the enemy's back at base will be reduced to 165. His saber damage card will have it's frontal damage of 165 be reduced to 155 points. However back damage with the card will be left as it is currently at 210 damage points to reward flanking strategies and ambushes

Health: Left unchanged

Strike: The Strike will no longer knock down Saber heroes that are blocking or blaster heroes. Instead the attack will simply break through the enemy's block and stagger them. Saber Heroes that are not blocking will be knocked down as before. Blaster heroes hit by the strike will react as if they were hit by a normal strike and not suffer a staggering effect

This is a simple change to help out infantry and saber heroes

Pull: Like Dooku's lightning strike Lightsaber heroes can block on the ground, blaster heroes will also get up in half the time it takes them to get back on their feet when affected by pull currently

Uhm no
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Uhm no

I've played Anakin for the past week and completely maxed him out. He's completely broken and needs this kind of rework
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • I take it none of you have tried kylo out since his buff? His pull is just as deadly & if a blaster hero is caught they're dead. Pull into saber strike into freeze into back shots into frenzy into death.
  • Oh my god, will you ever be happy? Yes let's just nerf the guy to the ground, what a great idea! He'll end up being as menacing as a drunk Jawa on bunta-eve! Honestly, just try and have fun
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    I take it none of you have tried kylo out since his buff? His pull is just as deadly & if a blaster hero is caught they're dead. Pull into saber strike into freeze into back shots into frenzy into death.

I agree that's still pretty darn dumb and annoying. However at least with Kylo he doesn't have the highest saber damage, highest health, two AOE attacks which can kill everyone, and a strike that also doubles as a stun that breaks block. Kylo also has pretty terrible stamina

That's what makes Anakin so broken is that he's just got everything. Where Kylo specalizes in cheesing blasters Anakin deals with both Saber and Blaster heroes proficiently
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Honestly, just try and have fun

Oh I've had plenty of fun massacring entire teams, making players that have been around since launch rage quit out of frustration, outscoring my entire team and enemy team by a significant margin, button mashing vader, facing down 3v1s and winning

Oh and don't even me get started on the fun I've had with Retribution

Believe me I've had lots of fun with Anakin
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    5327 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Delete
    Uhm no

I've played Anakin for the past week and completely maxed him out. He's completely broken and needs this kind of rework

I've got him maxed out as well he's fine.
  • Raices
    1095 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Uhm no

He takes 0 skill to do good with, you know it, you don't have to aim or even think to dominate with him.
  • Raices wrote: »
    Uhm no

He takes 0 skill to do good with, you know it, you don't have to aim or even think to dominate with him.

In ga not really in hvv yes. I've seen bad anakin players & it takes some skill.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Raices wrote: »
    Uhm no

In ga not really in hvv yes. I've seen bad anakin players & it takes some skill.

So because a few people which are horrible at every other character don't do good even with Anakin he takes some skill to use?

tumblr_ovx6irUEYa1uzm0gno2_400.gif

He takes the barest minimum of effort. Just barely more then Palpatine needed when he was op because all you did was hold roll and two buttons down
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • Raices
    1095 posts Member
    Uhm no

So because a few people which are horrible at every other character don't do good even with Anakin he takes some skill to use?

He takes the barest minimum of effort. Just barely more then Palpatine needed when he was op because all you did was hold roll and two buttons down

He takes less effort tha pre nerf palps, and thats saying something.
    Uhm no

All heros require a certain amount of skill to do good. Palpatine & bossk require skill to do good in HvV but in GA they don't take any effort at all. Anakin takes a decent amount of skill to play with. Now that people are adjusting to heroic might Anakins have to win a fight by dueling. Which people don't have the skill to do.
  • Raices wrote: »
    Uhm no

He takes less effort tha pre nerf palps, and thats saying something.

Nah lightening through walls as well as dark aura I'll take prenerf Palpatine
  • unit900000
    2864 posts Member
    I take it none of you have tried kylo out since his buff? His pull is just as deadly & if a blaster hero is caught they're dead. Pull into saber strike into freeze into back shots into frenzy into death.

I agree that's still pretty darn dumb and annoying. However at least with Kylo he doesn't have the highest saber damage, highest health, two AOE attacks which can kill everyone, and a strike that also doubles as a stun that breaks block. Kylo also has pretty terrible stamina

That's what makes Anakin so broken is that he's just got everything. Where Kylo specalizes in cheesing blasters Anakin deals with both Saber and Blaster heroes proficiently

Kylo does good vs both saber and blaster users.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • DarthCapa2
    2764 posts Member
    It's definitely very powerful as with cards pull+ps+2swings do 600 dmg plus you can instant hm for another 100 and the swing often tend to be from behind for additional 80 dmg. Is it op? I have no idea. Only reddit can decide such things
    LOL!!!

Vader choke + lightsaber = 270 damages. 420 damages with double hit by saber throw (rarely happen)
    Anakin Pull + Passionate strike + stun lock from saber attacks = 600 + damages

I think its enough to say that it is a lot worse.
  • DarthCapa2
    2764 posts Member
    Another nerf anakin thread smh.

my friend, Anakin is too much stronger than other characters. And this is not a direct nerf request, but we need to be honest, i can kill other heroes like butter with him. The adjustment (i don't call it a nerf) of his Heroic Might was needed because the move was ridiculous being able to ONE SHOT all the enemy heroes. here i only suggest to do something to make less broken this combo.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    It's definitely very powerful as with cards pull+ps+2swings do 600 dmg plus you can instant hm for another 100 and the swing often tend to be from behind for additional 80 dmg. Is it op? I have no idea. Only reddit can decide such things
    LOL!!!

Vader choke + lightsaber = 270 damages. 420 damages with double hit by saber throw (rarely happen)

Vader main here & those numbers are wrong. Simply because you left out the saber strike into throw combo
    Vader choke + lightsaber strike + throw = 390 & 540 on return. That's no cards

Choke + saber strike + throw = 460 & 610 on return. & can be 710 if you get 2 basic hits instead of 1 with the return hit.

If furious resilience is up
    Choke + saber strike + saber strike + throw = 620 & can be 770 with return.

Yes. Yes it is OP.

Make Maul great again.
  • All they'd need to do is slightly increase the distance that passionate strike throws the player down. This would increase the time the player has to be able to get up, more so for non-saber heroes.

my friend, Anakin is too much stronger than other characters. And this is not a direct nerf request, but we need to be honest, i can kill other heroes like butter with him. The adjustment (i don't call it a nerf) of his Heroic Might was needed because the move was ridiculous being able to ONE SHOT all the enemy heroes. here i only suggest to do something to make less broken this combo.

Oh yeah i have a,easy time killing heros but I have a easy time killing heros with vader as well. There isn't a single hero outside of anakin that I can't run through like butter with him. The heroic might fix was needed I just don't want him to be nerfed into the ground
  • DarthCapa2
    2764 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

Oh yeah i have a,easy time killing heros but I have a easy time killing heros with vader as well. There isn't a single hero outside of anakin that I can't run through like butter with him. The heroic might fix was needed I just don't want him to be nerfed into the ground

With Anakin it is easier man, face the truth.
    LOL!!!

Vader main here & those numbers are wrong. Simply because you left out the saber strike into throw combo

Choke + saber strike + throw = 460 & 610 on return. & can be 710 if you get 2 basic hits instead of 1 with the return hit.

These numbers are fantasy. Fanta gameplay. If you choke a player with a brain you don't have the time to inflict to him saber strikes damages because the can block on the ground. You can't do this combo, and if you can it is like against a plant not against a player.
    With Anakin you can stun lock another character with easy, just hit him with pull dominance and all the rest is done thanks to passionate strike.
    Nice try anyway
    I'm not saying Heroic Might wasn't in need to be adjusted, but there is another Op combo in Anakin set up and it is Pull Dominance + Passionate strike that is often a death sentence. Not because of pull + passionate but because then Anakin have all the time to concatenate others normal saber strikes of 165 super damages with the card that can melt any hero. Heroes stunned in this way can't block or roll until it is too late, and poof, from full health to 0 in 3 seconds. Now, i'm not suggesting a direct nerf but i think some solutions to balance this are required.

How about Vader's choking while other villains hit you with lightsabers?

Or how about Kylo's Freeze + Frenzy from behind?

So Anakin's combo is perfectly fine.

Stop complaining about everything.

LOL!!!

These numbers are fantasy. Fanta gameplay. If you choke a player with a brain you don't have the time to inflict to him saber strikes damages because the can block on the ground. You can't do this combo, and if you can it is like against a plant not against a player.
    With Anakin you can stun lock another character with easy, just hit him with pull dominance and all the rest is done thanks to passionate strike.
    Nice try anyway

It is easier with him yes lol

& no I pull those numbers on a consistent basis. Vader for sone reason after choke can dash faster than normal & allow at least 1 some times 2 hits & if theyre blaster heros I definitely get 2. I do at least 420 damage to saber heros & 500 plus to blaster heros

LOL!!!

Nice try anyway

See there you can dash right after a choke to get 1 hit & 2 if they're potatoes & if they fixed thst block bug
  • Passionate Strike is fun as is. Its so easy to dodge. Seriously people, once Heroic Might is changed Anakin will be fine
  • Reborn_Sidious
    54 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Except ths isn't a problem. Dark side shooters should be forced to be as self aware as a light side team going up against a Kylo Ren. Map positioning, my guy. Light side has always had to do this. Kylo still threatens every shooter with a pull + freeze; with a teammate it spells melt. Without, it spells strike + frenzy.

But I would like to see the passionate strike speed increased. The ability is nigh useless in high level one vs ones. Any blocking character with a mediocre reaction time will dodge it and use Anakin for a few hits. Maybe, nerf the knockdown or damage very slightly to allow for an icrease in speed.

I would also like to propose giving Palpatine a "Force Barrier" ability like Yoda's tutaminis that draws from his stamina for balancing, to prevent being pulled. It doesn't even have to block blaster fire, just let the most powerful Legends/ perhaps most powerful Canon Sith Lord block a Force power. A one on one match between Palpatine and Anakin is a boring standoff of off-cooldown fighting. I think maybe Maul could be looked at too. He can't really fight any Jedi. Maybe modify his dash cooldown time so he can be given a weaker block.

Instead of changing Anakin, update the older characters
  • DarthCapa2
    2764 posts Member

lol completely different. No one of these abilities can do what Anakin combo can do.

LOL!!!

Nice try anyway

See there you can dash right after a choke to get 1 hit & 2 if they're potatoes & if they fixed thst block bug

You kill a dumb Anakin player with one of the few characters that can at least compete with him. Go to rewatch what Anakin can do.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member

lol completely different. No one of these abilities can do what Anakin combo can do.

LOL!!!

Nice try anyway

You kill a dumb Anakin player with one of the few characters that can at least compete with him. Go to rewatch what Anakin can do.

See this is the thing - as soon as anyone provides any proof against (like I did for counters), its automatically sneered at and its because 'its a bad Anakin player'. You only accept any proof that goes along with what your view is.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Heroic might is still OP as (you know what).His pull + passionate strike combo seems to be a little OP, but I would wait a month or so with specific judgment. The light side needed lightsaber hero who can punish all those palps, bobas,bossks, idens and that combination is perfect for it.

Nevertheless I would prefer to have more balanced light sight heroes, not one OP guy who can melt anyone. It is much more reasonable solution. If they are going to nerf his abilities, they need to buff Luke, Finn, maybe Obi, Leia.

• Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Heroic might is still OP as (you know what).His pull + passionate strike combo seems to be a little OP, but I would wait a month or so with specific judgment. The light side needed lightsaber hero who can punish all those palps, bobas,bossks, idens and that combination is perfect for it.

Nevertheless I would prefer to have more balanced light sight heroes, not one OP guy who can melt anyone. It is much more reasonable solution. If they are going to nerf his abilities, they need to buff Luke, Finn, maybe Obi, Leia.

Light side needed someone who could deal with them but no one asked for two abilities that cause ragdoll back to back with little time to even recover and as well as a choke hold.
  • DarthCapa2
    2764 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Heroic might is still OP as (you know what).His pull + passionate strike combo seems to be a little OP, but I would wait a month or so with specific judgment. The light side needed lightsaber hero who can punish all those palps, bobas,bossks, idens and that combination is perfect for it.

Light side needed someone who could deal with them but no one asked for two abilities that cause ragdoll back to back with little time to even recover and as well as a choke hold.

the best solution was buff some ligh tside characters, not introduce a God hero in the light side.