criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Now that all the heros are out it's time for bug fixes, buffs, & weapons

It's high time things such as darth mauls throw, lukes force abilities, blocking while looking the other direction, blocking & shooting while laying on the ground, rolling & being teleported back into spam, hits not registering, being stuck on nothing, & I heap of cards being fixed i.e fueling the rage card & droid batteries.

Luke, Vader, Obi-Wan, Maul, leia, lando, phasma, & rey need buffs.

I'll start with lando. His pistol should be automatic & do similar damage as the se44c. His smoke grenade should also be thicker & gets rid of aim assist & hids his & allies health bars.

Vader- with the addition of his light side counterpart he should do a base damage of 140 & 160 from behind with fueling the rage boosting his power to 170. Enabling him to 1 shot troopers. Furious resilience should grant him 50% damage reduction. Additionally force choke should grant him at least 25% damage reduction. His force choke should also be in a 360 radius & choke whoever is in the short area similar to anakins repulse without the charge. Buff his health to 900 again & get rid of the bonus health.

Luke- give him 120 & 150 damage on basic swings, 130 with rush. His force push should do 150 damage & repulse 120 against heros.

Maul- saber swings should do 120 & 150 from behind, his rush should burn through stamina more & do 130 damage. His force choke & push should do 150 to troopers & 100 to heros. If he never gets a block than he should have a force push immunity. Maul is getting ragdolled currently, push into push into push into repulse into repulse.

Leia- let her shield block Palpatines lightening & give her & allies faster health regen & let them regen perma health when in her bubble.

Obi-Wan- look at anakin, dooku, grevious & try not to laugh. Increase his health to 850 & nerf his health regen to 250. Allow him to be the defensive tank he's supposed to be. Increase the speed of defensive rush similar to rey's dash strike. His swing speed should also be increased as well & his mind trick should give him a immunity to stuns & force powers similar to heroic might that way he can't be shocked or frozen while casting his move. Mind trick should also burn through stamina at a faster rate. Currently mind trick is useless in its on & you need anakin or rey to make it useful. Mind trick should also have 40 % damage reduction.

Boba- increase health to 650 now that anakin is here 550 is gone in his strike, repulse combo. Add a ultimate where it's his flamethrower from battlefront 1 get rid of his melee & have the jetpack fuel shown above his health like how it was from battlefront 1. Let players be able to zoom in with his melee button. Finally concussive rockets should do 50 damage & slow down enemies affected for 3 seconds.

Rey- lightsaber strikes do the same damage as kylo's & dash can break blocks.

Phasma- health on kill is put to her f11. Stun droid can be picked up. Her f11 should be accurate by default & not by firing.
As far as weapons just port every gun from then first to this one

Replies

• Drectuss
    131 posts Member
    These are some pretty good ideas and some much needed buffs for some old heroes, but you should be careful. This isn't a post complaining about Anakin, so it might not get any comments given how things have been lately.
  • Drectuss wrote: »
    These are some pretty good ideas and some much needed buffs for some old heroes, but you should be careful. This isn't a post complaining about Anakin, so it might not get any comments given how things have been lately.

Lol yeah probably not. I should include anakin in the header & it'll get all the comments
  • Until they implement mode specific values they should not touch anything....Their track record for screwing up multiple modes with Heroes in them is beyond a joke (includes BF15)
  • They really need to fix bugs. Their number is overwhelming.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    They really need to fix bugs. Their number is overwhelming.
    I think it’s fairly obvious certain bugs especially force powers they cannot fix seeing as they have been in since launch
  • At their rate and their level of knowledge to fix bugs.....they could easily spend 2 more years just TRYING back and forth fixing the problem the game has as of TODAY alone. We just can't count on this dev team, they're notorious for introducing newer glitches and bugs everytime they try to "patch" anything...anything.
  • I think bug fixes should be the number one priority. And as I type this out, I'm maybe rethinking it because I have no faith that the current crew working on this game can fix them (or many would have been fixed already). Without adding additional bugs...
  • Legolas79391
    758 posts Member
    edited March 6
    In my opinion blasters need a very big rework in their mechanics. Random spread is a horrible mechanic and it needs to go away and never come back in any form. Instead the recoil needs to fill the gap of spread, and obviously different for each type of weapon, needs to have horizontal as well as vertical pull. Main source of dealing damage should be blaster itself, aimbots and stuns need to be removed, most explosives toned down. Although I don't deem it as mandatory, it would be nice to implement diversity in weapons modification as let's say assault has (spam cannon, aim cannon and a280 in the middle). As of now Leia, Lando and Iden are confined to close quartars and rely on alternative fire and aimbot to be succesful mid-range (yuk!). Abilities should make the heroes play more fluid, not serve as main source of dealing damage or surviving(Fett and Phasma are the biggest victims of it). Phasma needs to lose some of her tankiness and gain some firepower. Boba can't fly like Iron Man. I would try to experiment with either jumpack dashes (like Maul) or giving him something à la Bossk jump. Infantry like diversity within one hero wouldn't hurt as well. When it comes to dealing with blocks give them maybe block draining ammo as an ability or do it like TOR: shoulder charges, weapon bashes, kick in the nuts, sand in the face, knockdowns that move enemies away (but not ragdoll) something that would be used only against sabers, but won't mess up blaster to blaster balance like rocket barrage or stuns did. Blaster hero should improve on my infantry experience, not restrict me.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Excuse me sir, but “all the heroes” aren’t out, as long as Mach Windu isnt available.

I know, there are more that come to our minds, but let’s be real.
    If we’d choose one more, it’d be Mace Windu.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    Excuse me sir, but “all the heroes” aren’t out, as long as Mach Windu isnt available.

Mace no character development windu?! No thanks
  • Old bugs returning is inexcusable, are they using old builds or something?
    Excuse me sir, but “all the heroes” aren’t out, as long as Mach Windu isnt available.

I liked it when they made mace team up with jar jar in the cw.
  • jordi1337
    1414 posts Member
    i agree with everyone but not with new weapons. i'd rather have them invest their time in a cool map like coruscant (and bug fixes ofc)

I liked it when they made mace team up with jar jar in the cw.

Yeah that was a nice episode still wish he had more episodes dedicated to him. Perhaps season 7 will
  • Raices
    1426 posts Member
    It's high time things such as darth mauls throw, lukes force abilities, blocking while looking the other direction, blocking & shooting while laying on the ground, rolling & being teleported back into spam, hits not registering, being stuck on nothing, & I heap of cards being fixed i.e fueling the rage card & droid batteries.

I'll start with lando. His pistol should be automatic & do similar damage as the se44c. His smoke grenade should also be thicker & gets rid of aim assist & hids his & allies health bars.

Vader- with the addition of his light side counterpart he should do a base damage of 140 & 160 from behind with fueling the rage boosting his power to 170. Enabling him to 1 shot troopers. Furious resilience should grant him 50% damage reduction. Additionally force choke should grant him at least 25% damage reduction. His force choke should also be in a 360 radius & choke whoever is in the short area similar to anakins repulse without the charge. Buff his health to 900 again & get rid of the bonus health.

Luke- give him 120 & 150 damage on basic swings, 130 with rush. His force push should do 150 damage & repulse 120 against heros.

Maul- saber swings should do 120 & 150 from behind, his rush should burn through stamina more & do 130 damage. His force choke & push should do 150 to troopers & 100 to heros. If he never gets a block than he should have a force push immunity. Maul is getting ragdolled currently, push into push into push into repulse into repulse.

Leia- let her shield block Palpatines lightening & give her & allies faster health regen & let them regen perma health when in her bubble.

Obi-Wan- look at anakin, dooku, grevious & try not to laugh. Increase his health to 850 & nerf his health regen to 250. Allow him to be the defensive tank he's supposed to be. Increase the speed of defensive rush similar to rey's dash strike. His swing speed should also be increased as well & his mind trick should give him a immunity to stuns & force powers similar to heroic might that way he can't be shocked or frozen while casting his move. Mind trick should also burn through stamina at a faster rate. Currently mind trick is useless in its on & you need anakin or rey to make it useful. Mind trick should also have 40 % damage reduction.

Boba- increase health to 650 now that anakin is here 550 is gone in his strike, repulse combo. Add a ultimate where it's his flamethrower from battlefront 1 get rid of his melee & have the jetpack fuel shown above his health like how it was from battlefront 1. Let players be able to zoom in with his melee button. Finally concussive rockets should do 50 damage & slow down enemies affected for 3 seconds.

Phasma- health on kill is put to her f11. Stun droid can be picked up. Her f11 should be accurate by default & not by firing.

So no Yoda buffs?
  • Raices wrote: »

So no Yoda buffs?

I knew I forgot somebody.
  • Bumpty
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    edited March 7
    For the Republic!!! my Officer shouted from the halls of the second Death Star tonight... wasn't the first time, either. :smiley:
  • Cadoth
    1182 posts Member

And also give Rey a better HoK card, Imean it wouldn’t make a huge difference but gaining just 60 hps when you kill a villain is weird I guess?
  • Bumpty

I gotta say, your ideas for these characters are pretty good!

Nice job!
  • Relmets
    2476 posts Member
    Weapons were due a long time ago. Not "now that heroes are accounted for."
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    i agree with everyone but not with new weapons. i'd rather have them invest their time in a cool map like coruscant (and bug fixes ofc)

Pq3CQGg.gif
    [+3748 posts]

Two words, purple lightsaber.
  • Your missing Jyn, Krennic, Jango, and Padme, before we're officially out of pre-planned Heroes phase. I mean cmon, death troopers without krennic? Not likely.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Agree. Enough with the heroes.

Bug fixes. Blasters. Maps. Skins. Cargo.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • WodiQuix
    4575 posts Member
    Agree. Enough with the heroes.

Agreed. We have enough Heroes now. It's time for other parts of the game to get attention.
  • Dear OP.. unfortunately I'm not sure all hero's are out according to game files. We have more CW hero's before we get any improvements skins or weapons it seems.
  • Agree with all those heroes needing buffs but in a slightly different way.

Luke needs damage reduction on Repulse. Even 50% and for only the animation duration plus 1 second. Needs more saber damage 120 seems good enough. Should do same damage from abilities to troopers and heroes.

Vader is good but needs either 150 damage on choke without the starcards. Or damage reduction 25% while choking like you have stated.

Maul needs 120 per swing and at least 120 damage on choke. Needs a better hit box on saber throw. Also think they should add 16% damage reduction on explosives and stun durations and hero abilities against Maul if he has Lightsaber defense card equipped. He is so easy to gun down because of no block and think this would really help him out.

Agree with General Kenobi.
    Needs hp to either 800 or 850. I think Mind trick is ok just needs more base duration and maybe slow speed of 10% to compensate for his awfully long casting animation.

Boba just needs Hp and slightly more accuracy on regular weapon.

Phasma needs less damage drop off on regular weapon. Also normal Hok.

Leia idea is great
    Rey dash should be reverted back to smacking them over through block like you said.

Both our ideas would make the game more balanced than it is now!
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Agree. Enough with the heroes.

Agreed. We have enough Heroes now. It's time for other parts of the game to get attention.

Yes..
    #StarWars-y
  • Jaku
    205 posts Member
    While I hope this game gets more heroes after this I am totally ok with them spending 2 months after the new game mode squashing bugs and giving the base guns mods.