criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

NFL Fans?

Replies

• @MyLittleGreenFriend

2:30 left in the game.
    I’d like to be the first to congratulate you on another Super Bowl.

Being a true NE fan... Man, I figure it makes life just a little bit sweeter for you.

GG

Thanks. It looks like Brian Flores will be the new Dolphins head coach. I assume the defense will improve quite a bit with him at the helm. I think that Miami have a very high chance of being second in the AFC East, they just need a good enough record to get the 5th or 6th seed. Idk how old you are but it wasn't too long ago that the Dolphins were the kings of the AFC East with Marino as their QB. Who knows, after Brady retires those days might return. The AFC East will be interesting to watch without Brady and Belichick.

I’m actually excited about Flores. The defensive play caller from NE? Shoot, that’s enough for me. Guy knows what it looks like to run a team properly. First coach I’ve been excited about since Jimmy Johnson.

Dan Marino... I keep thinking how good he’d be if he came into the league now with all the pass/quarterback friendly rules in place today. It was a much different league back then.
  • @MyLittleGreenFriend

Being a true NE fan... Man, I figure it makes life just a little bit sweeter for you.

GG

Thanks. It looks like Brian Flores will be the new Dolphins head coach. I assume the defense will improve quite a bit with him at the helm. I think that Miami have a very high chance of being second in the AFC East, they just need a good enough record to get the 5th or 6th seed. Idk how old you are but it wasn't too long ago that the Dolphins were the kings of the AFC East with Marino as their QB. Who knows, after Brady retires those days might return. The AFC East will be interesting to watch without Brady and Belichick.

I’m actually excited about Flores. The defensive play caller from NE? Shoot, that’s enough for me. Guy knows what it looks like to run a team properly. First coach I’ve been excited about since Jimmy Johnson.

Dan Marino... I keep thinking how good he’d be if he came into the league now with all the pass/quarterback friendly rules in place today. It was a much different league back then.

IMO Marino > Montana. Statistically it isn't even close. Marino threw for 5000 yards in a much less pass friendly NFL than today's. Montana never even threw for 4000. Marino also threw for 48 touchdowns one year. Montana's personal best was 31. The fact that Montana won 4 Super Bowls helps him a lot, but he had the best WR of all time. Marino never had anyone nearly as good as Jerry Rice, and he still made the playoffs in over half of his seasons.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4224 posts Member
    edited February 4
    @MyLittleGreenFriend

GG

IMO Marino > Montana. Statistically it isn't even close. Marino threw for 5000 yards in a much less pass friendly NFL than today's. Montana never even threw for 4000. Marino also threw for 48 touchdowns one year. Montana's personal best was 31. The fact that Montana won 4 Super Bowls helps him a lot, but he had the best WR of all time. Marino never had anyone nearly as good as Jerry Rice, and he still made the playoffs in over half of his seasons.

My hat is off, and I bow. You sir, are wise in these matters. Many are not.

• This is my favorite part about the NFL.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • 8 minutes of funny.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs

• This is my favorite part about the NFL.

That’s funy stuff!
  • Patriots win another.

Once upon a time I didn't care for this at all.

But these days, I don't care. Excellence is excellence. And that's the New England Patriots. To hate them is to hate excellence to some degree.

I got no love for New England, but no hate either.

Congrats @MyLittleGreenFriend

But as a Titans fan, I still remember a certain game in the snow. We still owe y'all.

One of these days!

***SHAKES FIST AT THE SKY***

LOL
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Patriots win another.

Once upon a time I didn't care for this at all.

But these days, I don't care. Excellence is excellence. And that's the New England Patriots. To hate them is to hate excellence to some degree.

I got no love for New England, but no hate either.

Congrats @MyLittleGreenFriend

But as a Titans fan, I still remember a certain game in the snow. We still owe y'all.

One of these days!

***SHAKES FIST AT THE SKY***

LOL

I feel like you guys at least got some revenge when you thumped us 34-10, IIRC. I don't really follow teams other than the Patriots but this is the best Titans team I've seen in a LONG time, probably the best since the 2002-2003 Titans made two divisional rounds in a row.
  • That was one of the worst superbowls I have watched. I actually turned it off at halftime and went for a run/got lunch as I didn't feel like watching another 20 punts.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    That was one of the worst superbowls I have watched. I actually turned it off at halftime and went for a run/got lunch as I didn't feel like watching another 20 punts.

I fell asleep around the same time.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I didn't mind seeing the Patriots offense get held in check by the Rams defense for the most part. I don't mind watching a good defense go to work.

But the Rams offense was inept, and that's what made the game kind of boring for me.
    I didn't mind seeing the Patriots offense get held in check by the Rams defense for the most part. I don't mind watching a good defense go to work.

But the Rams offense was inept, and that's what made the game kind of boring for me.

Great defensive performances by both teams. Tom Brady had an average game and Jared Goff had a poor game. That's what decided the game for me IMO. That and the fact that the Rams barely used Todd Gurley.
  • The Browns have signed Kareem Hunt and the Ravens have traded Joe Flacco to the Broncos. The second one was expected ever since Lamar Jackson filled in for an injured Flacco and did so well, so Jackson will be the Ravens' new franchise QB. Many people have laughed at the Broncos for making this trade, but I actually think Flacco could be great for the Broncos. He's better than Case Keenum anyway. As for Kareem Hunt and the Browns, all this does is further increase the Browns' offensive firepower. Tbh I don't know if they should let him stay in the league after what happened, but with Baker Mayfield and Kareem Hunt on offense, I think the Browns will be challenging for the AFC North. The Steelers have lost Le'veon Bell and will probably lose Antonio Brown, so I think they'll have a tough time next year.
  • The Browns are going to be, I think, a really competitive team next season.
    I don't think the Ravens are going to go far with Jackson unless he really improves his passing. I've only seen him play a couple of times, but from what I did see, the guy is not accurate at all.
    I think the League will let Hunt stay after a long suspension and whatever else they can think of (counseling, mandatory volunteer work, etc.).
  • I don't follow the Ravens closely enough to have much information on what happened to Flacco.

But the guy had one elite playoff run that netted a super bowl for them, so I knew he would get a deal somewhere else. I'm not a Broncos fan, but I think it's a chance worth taking.

As far as the Hunt situation goes, the NFL is only concerned with PR. They only take the high road if a mediocre player does something atrocious, or if there's a huge public backlash.
    Rook008 wrote: »
    I think the League will let Hunt stay after a long suspension and whatever else they can think of (counseling, mandatory volunteer work, etc.).

This.

with Baker Mayfield and Kareem Hunt on offense, I think the Browns will be challenging for the AFC North. The Steelers have lost Le'veon Bell and will probably lose Antonio Brown, so I think they'll have a tough time next year.

Don't forget Nick Chubb!

I'm a fan.

• Ok, I know that we're all fans of different teams, but I don't think any of us are Packers fans and hopefully we can all agree that this is not the case:

• I'm not a Packers fan, but it's really fun to watch Aaron Rodgers play QB.
    His WR group is not the best.
  • My wife tells me Aaron Rodgers is my 'man-crush.'

I'm not a Packers fan, but I do love watching both Rodgers and Clay Mathews play. Mathews isn't what he used to be, but he can still rise up and make a difference even now.

Their receiver corp though, I'm not so sure.

For the last 10 years or so if you ask me who has the best receiving corp, I'm almost always going to say Pittsburgh. Even when they lose their top guy, their other guy's step up to the point that their #2 receiver could be a #1 on half the teams in the league. Something about WR coaching and/or scouting, the Steelers are a manufacturer of high quality receivers.

It could also be Roethlisberger. He's another of my favorite quarterbacks to watch.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    I'm not a Packers fan, but it's really fun to watch Aaron Rodgers play QB.
    His WR group is not the best.
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    My wife tells me Aaron Rodgers is my 'man-crush.'

I'm not a Packers fan, but I do love watching both Rodgers and Clay Mathews play. Mathews isn't what he used to be, but he can still rise up and make a difference even now.

Their receiver corp though, I'm not so sure.

For the last 10 years or so if you ask me who has the best receiving corp, I'm almost always going to say Pittsburgh. Even when they lose their top guy, their other guy's step up to the point that their #2 receiver could be a #1 on half the teams in the league. Something about WR coaching and/or scouting, the Steelers are a manufacturer of high quality receivers.

It could also be Roethlisberger. He's another of my favorite quarterbacks to watch.

You would think that the best WR corp in the league + the most talented quarterback in football history wouldn't go 6-9-1..

The Steelers have some work to do if they're going to be SB contenders next year. They missed they playoffs last year with AB, and I can't imagine they'll do better without him.
  • I think the Giants receivers are a pretty good bunch. Beckham can catch almost anything and the highlight percentage is high whenever the ball is thrown his way. Sterling Shepard is a great slot WR. For the rest, Evan Engram is a great pass-catching TE. For a RB, Barkley can catch the pass and get yards after the catch. The rest of the group are okay.
    I really can't comment on other groups in the league because I haven't seen them play as much as I've seen the Giants, except that Smith-Schuster and Brown were a great duo, and Jones, Sanu, and Ridley looked great in Atlanta.
  • Witten is returning to the Cowboys.

MNF fans everywhere can celebrate for that!
  • As long as he's out of the booth, it's a win for fans.
    As long as he's out of the booth, it's a win for fans.

Matt Millen was my least favorite color commentator for years and years. Then Witten came along and made me feel I was a little too hard on Millen.

LOL
    Witten is returning to the Cowboys.

MNF fans everywhere can celebrate for that!

I just saw that. I wonder how well he will do. He must not have trained for a while.
  • I hated Aikman and Buck, then came Witten and Booger.
    Maybe I just hated anyone related to the Cowboys organization being in the Booth?

My favorites are Michaels and Collinsworth (mostly because of Michaels) and Nantz and Romo.
    They always seem excited to watch games and it makes the game a bit more fun to watch.
  • I agree with your favorites.

But I used to love Buck and Aikman, before Aikman became the 'old man in the booth.' Guy complains about EVERYTHING the last 2 years.
    I think the Giants receivers are a pretty good bunch. Beckham can catch almost anything and the highlight percentage is high whenever the ball is thrown his way. Sterling Shepard is a great slot WR. For the rest, Evan Engram is a great pass-catching TE. For a RB, Barkley can catch the pass and get yards after the catch. The rest of the group are okay.
    I really can't comment on other groups in the league because I haven't seen them play as much as I've seen the Giants, except that Smith-Schuster and Brown were a great duo, and Jones, Sanu, and Ridley looked great in Atlanta.

The Texans have Hopkins and Demaryius Thomas, but I still wouldn't say they are the best. I think the Rams have to be the best. It's hard to argue against Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp, and Josh Reynolds (who I didn't know much about before the playoffs but looked very good in them).
    I hated Aikman and Buck, then came Witten and Booger.
    Maybe I just hated anyone related to the Cowboys organization being in the Booth?

Then Romo came along... he and Nantz are by far my favorite duo.
    I hated Aikman and Buck, then came Witten and Booger.

Then Romo came along... he and Nantz are by far my favorite duo.

Romo had a lot of haters for his talent on the field (I'm a Romo fan), but he has hardly any haters for his talent in the booth.

Witten is the exact opposite of that sentence.
    I agree with your favorites.

But I used to love Buck and Aikman, before Aikman became the 'old man in the booth.' Guy complains about EVERYTHING the last 2 years.

You have a point there. I recently re-watched Super Bowl 42 with Aikman and Buck and it didn't seem so bad. There wasn't a Romo/Nantz level of excitement during the big plays (helmet catch, Burress alone TD New York) but they did a good enough job.

Though for the greatest color and play-by-play, you have to listen to the local guys on the radio.
  • I generally dislike Cowboys players, but I, for some reason, didn't dislike Romo on the field. He always seemed to play well during the season but got a lot of hate for just a few bad plays. They were generally plays that ended playoff runs, though. A botched snap during a Field Goal (he was the holder) or an Interception at the end of the game are two I can remember.
    I think I didn't dislike him because I thought he got too much hate from everybody else.
  • Rook008
    842 posts Member
    edited February 28
    The Texans have Hopkins and Demaryius Thomas, but I still wouldn't say they are the best. I think the Rams have to be the best. It's hard to argue against Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp, and Josh Reynolds (who I didn't know much about before the playoffs but looked very good in them).

That's a good group, and Hopkins is awesome to watch.

• It's pretty early, but how do you guys think the draft will play out? @Rook008 , the Jets have the #3 overall selection, where do you think they should go with that?
  • AzorAhai
    1360 posts Member
    It is early, I haven't dialed into it much at this point.

Free Agency starts next week, that's my current focal point.

I'm hoping the Texans don't sign Leveon Bell, and expect Tennessee to play it quiet during the first round of signings. There's a little Antonio Brown talk, but I'd be surprised if Tennessee made a strong play for him.

I'm hoping the Texans don't sign Leveon Bell, and expect Tennessee to play it quiet during the first round of signings. There's a little Antonio Brown talk, but I'd be surprised if Tennessee made a strong play for him.

I'm in a similar situation with the Jets for Bell (sorry @Rook008). I think Indi is the team you should be worried about when it comes to AB. They have a ton of cap space so money wouldn't be an issue. I'm also worried about that possibility because when it comes to teams that I think could dethrone the Pats in the AFC, Indianapolis is right behind Kansas City on my list. I think of Tennessee as more of a running team anyway, so unless they plan to put more emphasis on the pass I don't really think AB would want to go there.
  • AzorAhai
    1360 posts Member

I'm in a similar situation with the Jets for Bell (sorry @Rook008). I think Indi is the team you should be worried about when it comes to AB. They have a ton of cap space so money wouldn't be an issue. I'm also worried about that possibility because when it comes to teams that I think could dethrone the Pats in the AFC, Indianapolis is right behind Kansas City on my list. I think of Tennessee as more of a running team anyway, so unless they plan to put more emphasis on the pass I don't really think AB would want to go there.

We're a run team by necessity, not design. And teams just stack their defense against the run.

WR is a point of weakness for the team. We have a good #1 but have struggled to find a #2 for years. With AB, we could move Corey Davis to #2, and AB would garner enough attention on defense that it should aid the run game with Henry.

• Rook008
    842 posts Member
    It's pretty early, but how do you guys think the draft will play out? @Rook008 , the Jets have the #3 overall selection, where do you think they should go with that?

The Jets have so much they need to do, and a lot of players walking into free agency. I think they might trade down to get some more picks. They've got a ton of money to spend. They need upgrades at O-Line, D-Line, Cornerback, WR, and maybe RB and LB. So pretty much everywhere except QB and Safety.

Giants need help too, and with the 6th pick, if they don't trade up, should go with Haskins at QB. Let him sit and study behind Eli for a season.
  • Rook008
    842 posts Member
    The Colts would be really good with a WR like Brown or a RB like Bell. Bell running behind that O-line would be great to watch.
  • AzorAhai
    1360 posts Member
    The Colts would be really good with a WR like Brown or a RB like Bell. Bell running behind that O-line would be great to watch.

BOOOOOOOO
  • Rook008
    842 posts Member
    lol... :)

BOOOOOOOO

I thought you'd enjoy these:

gen2e7rs3qv8.png

qgopis9ldwba.png

sf5ul9jk9aed.png
  • Witton's back.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Rook008
    842 posts Member
    Yeah, I think the general consensus here was that Witten going back to playing Football is a good thing for fans who watch Monday Night Football and didn't like him in the booth.
  • AzorAhai
    1360 posts Member
    I'm going to predict that Antonio Brown gets traded to Oakland.
    I'm going to predict that Antonio Brown gets traded to Oakland.

I'll say San Francisco.
  • AzorAhai
    1360 posts Member
    SF is a good guess. I tuned into all this a little today.

Washington, Tennessee and Oakland were initially the teams that showed the most interest, but in the last day or two 3 new unnamed teams have showed interest.

The NYJ and Arizona are NOT one of the teams interested, so those other 3 could be anyone else.

And what's more is that Pittsburgh says that one team has risen above all others and they expect the deal to be finalized by Friday. Rumor is that the trade requires a first round pick + something else.

Again, I'm saying it's not going to be Tennessee. That sounds too aggressive to be our GM, but who knows.

Oakland has 3 first round picks this year, that's why I predict them as the frontrunner here. But that's pure speculation based on nothing else.

SF or Washington make a lot of sense because they're in a totally different conference. One of those teams having AB will have very little impact on Pittsburgh's chances of making it to a Super Bowl.

Washington, Tennessee and Oakland were initially the teams that showed the most interest, but in the last day or two 3 new unnamed teams have showed interest.

The NYJ and Arizona are NOT one of the teams interested, so those other 3 could be anyone else.

And what's more is that Pittsburgh says that one team has risen above all others and they expect the deal to be finalized by Friday. Rumor is that the trade requires a first round pick + something else.

Again, I'm saying it's not going to be Tennessee. That sounds too aggressive to be our GM, but who knows.

Oakland has 3 first round picks this year, that's why I predict them as the frontrunner here. But that's pure speculation based on nothing else.

SF or Washington make a lot of sense because they're in a totally different conference. One of those teams having AB will have very little impact on Pittsburgh's chances of making it to a Super Bowl.

I'm kinda sorta not really thinking that the Patriots MIGHT be one of those teams. Patterson, Dorsett, and Hogan are all set for free agency this offseason. Considering the fact that Brady was so good with Randy Moss, I can see Belichick trying to get AB. The problem is that the Steelers would probably rather trade AB to any other team in the NFL than the Patriots. So I don't think it'll happen.
  • Batman20
    1986 posts Member
    I'm a saints fan that playoff loss still annoys me against the rams
  • AzorAhai
    1360 posts Member

I'm kinda sorta not really thinking that the Patriots MIGHT be one of those teams. Patterson, Dorsett, and Hogan are all set for free agency this offseason. Considering the fact that Brady was so good with Randy Moss, I can see Belichick trying to get AB. The problem is that the Steelers would probably rather trade AB to any other team in the NFL than the Patriots. So I don't think it'll happen.

I agree. It makes sense for the Patriots, but as soon as the Steelers get eliminated by the Pats in a playoff game that has AB going OFF, then heads are gonna roll. LOL.
  • AzorAhai
    1360 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    I'm a saints fan that playoff loss still annoys me against the rams

Yeah, that was an awful no-call. I think all it's going to do is harden Drew Brees for one more go around.