criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

When did battlefront become hero front?

1235Next

Replies

  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Just saying again, Anakin will never be balanced. He has 4 abilities, so he already broke the meta. A hero player is just as good as his abilitie to use the hero’s abilities, Anakin has FOUR of them. He never will be balanced without a severe nerf to his entire kit or the other heroes getting a 4 abilitie too. I can’t be the only one that think that a ultimate like retribution for each character will make the heroes much more interesting. Nobody want to see a 4 arm stance for Grievous? A new tank abilitie for Vader and Obi-Wan? Maybe Boba Fett missile or a proper flamethrower? Dooku lighting stance or a lighting atack. So much ideas could be implemented. The community could push this and give some ideas about what they think would be a good 4 abilitie for each hero in a controlled thread made by the devs. I don’t know, sounds a good thing for the community and for the game. What I really think this game lacks and Anakin Retribution abilitie represents is “scale”, things could be bigger in this game. Numbers of players, scale of powers, bigger jumps, etc. You know Palpatine and Dooku? I want to see more lighting. Maybe they can fix this giving the heroes Tiers in the next game, it’s kind hard to balance a sith with Finn. For the battlefront or herofront thing, why you keep comparing this game with the OG one? It’s clear we didn’t got the same game or the same ideas, stop comparing the two and move forward. I’m not saying witch one is better or what I would like, this battlefront is not the same as the OG one since 2015, so move foward.

    But surely then you are all going to want fourth abilities nerfed if they one hit kill you or kill multiple members of your team? As you all seem to want with Anakin.

    Right now there's absolutely NO reason to pick another LS that isn't Anakin(both game modes), unless you like handicaping yourself, that's not good for the game imo. I already leave lobbies in HvV when Anakin is already taken, why play as Another hero if the guy who took Anakin(assuming hes not a potato) will outscore me be a large margin.

    Outscoring and making the player using the meta look silly is more fun than using the meta.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • DarthJ
    6177 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Just saying again, Anakin will never be balanced. He has 4 abilities, so he already broke the meta. A hero player is just as good as his abilitie to use the hero’s abilities, Anakin has FOUR of them. He never will be balanced without a severe nerf to his entire kit or the other heroes getting a 4 abilitie too. I can’t be the only one that think that a ultimate like retribution for each character will make the heroes much more interesting. Nobody want to see a 4 arm stance for Grievous? A new tank abilitie for Vader and Obi-Wan? Maybe Boba Fett missile or a proper flamethrower? Dooku lighting stance or a lighting atack. So much ideas could be implemented. The community could push this and give some ideas about what they think would be a good 4 abilitie for each hero in a controlled thread made by the devs. I don’t know, sounds a good thing for the community and for the game. What I really think this game lacks and Anakin Retribution abilitie represents is “scale”, things could be bigger in this game. Numbers of players, scale of powers, bigger jumps, etc. You know Palpatine and Dooku? I want to see more lighting. Maybe they can fix this giving the heroes Tiers in the next game, it’s kind hard to balance a sith with Finn. For the battlefront or herofront thing, why you keep comparing this game with the OG one? It’s clear we didn’t got the same game or the same ideas, stop comparing the two and move forward. I’m not saying witch one is better or what I would like, this battlefront is not the same as the OG one since 2015, so move foward.

    But surely then you are all going to want fourth abilities nerfed if they one hit kill you or kill multiple members of your team? As you all seem to want with Anakin.

    Right now there's absolutely NO reason to pick another LS that isn't Anakin(both game modes), unless you like handicaping yourself, that's not good for the game imo. I already leave lobbies in HvV when Anakin is already taken, why play as Another hero if the guy who took Anakin(assuming hes not a potato) will outscore me be a large margin.

    Outscoring and making the player using the meta look silly is more fun than using the meta.

    Yeah - I played as Vader last night and outscored a decent Anakin by a couple of k points, was quite chuffed
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I think what many of you fail to understand with @AbyssWatch3r is that he's actually very good at playing multiple heroes and multiple villians in multiple modes.

    The problem is you generally have to play these heroes cowardly. Like I can go on amazing killstreaks with Luke in Galactic Assault. It's simple. Don't overextend, don't isolate yourself. Constantly check your 360 degree surroundings. Pick off solo troopers one by one, then disappear, then flank and kill another solo trooper. Never engage 3+ troopers unless they're ridiculous enough to all stand right next to each other. But even then it only takes one well placed flash grenade at the perfect time and you can get melted. A well set trap with a sentry is auto-death for all heroes and villians. You essentially can't play the objective unless you sacrifice your teammates in front of you to soften the room before running in and doing cleanup.

    There's always exceptions for this. Some teams are so awful you can play brainlessly and never lose permanent health. Those are usually rounds where I'll die maybe 3 total times in the whole round and kill multiple heroes as an Assault.

    Overall, I think Abyss feels the same way I do about the heroes in this game. They're overall weak, and designed to be cowardly, hiding and quick striking unsuspecting troopers that are no where near the objective. The theory behind a hero coming into the game is that they'll be a game changer for your team and help turn the tide. This only happens if your team is coordinated and your hero has support. Otherwise, you either go for cheap kills and ignore the objective, or you play the objective and inevitably get melted from grenade spam and laggy ****.

    Bossk and Palpatine have been the exceptions to this. Yoda and Finn can hold objectives but that requires a decent team around them or weak enough opponents. Personally, I think Bossk has been the only true game changing hero/villian in BF2 since launch. When Palpatine was completely broken, I don't count that. And now he can get melted.

    Anakin is the first LS hero introduced into the game that can singlehandedly change the outcome of a match for the LS. No teamwork required (not necessarily good or bad; but different to say the least). Don't have to rely on your scrub, knucklehead teammates that prefer to sit at the back of the map with a sniper rifle next to a cowardly Leia while you watch your tickets scroll down to 0 and there's nothing your Obi Wan, Luke, Rey, Han or Lando can do about it. Aside from Bossk, I cause more disruption and chaos as an Assault equipped with an Acid launcher and ISD on objectives than any hero or villian in the game.

    And I do think it's pretty cool that there's a hero you can finally choose on the LS and play the objective without feeling like you just signed up for a suicide mission.

    I'll be curious to see how he plays after the nerf tomorrow. One shotting whole teams was excessive. Can't tell for sure if that's working as intended or just an embarrassing mistake by the Devs. But I find it interesting how so many of you just absolutely despise Anakin's power but I haven't seen the complaining like that for Bossk in months. That guy is a wrecking ball for objectives and can pretty much break up any chokepoint by himself. Especially with the help of an Officer with recharge. He's been considered "overpowered" since launch but Anakin is suddenly breaking the game...

    He's not even that overpowered in HvV. Boba mains are upset because they can't just "skillfully" fly around the map, outside of force ability range, dropping one trick pony rockets on entire Teams and then running away when their the target. Saber villians can EASILY block Anakin's abilities (besides his strike). I won multiple rounds as the DS yesterday with little effort. Typical chump players whining and crying.

    I think it's funny that you guys are attempting to discredit Abyss, calling him a trash player, and ganging up on him for just speaking the truth. Fact is, most of you have been begging for a trooper only mode, don't like the heroes in Galactic Assault in general, and therefore will NEVER be satisfied with the mode's gameplay.

    Don't bother breaking down my post into sections and trying to dissect it like a biology assignment in 7th grade. I really don't care what your retort is because you obviously have all made up your minds and can't think with any kind of logic or intelligence when it comes to heroes in Galactic Assault. And even if you could squeeze an ounce of logic out of those thick minds, you're so quick to resort to name calling, shaming and childish tactics that it's not worth the back and forth. So save your breath.

    TL:DR I'm a little grumpy this morning.

    This
  • Raices wrote: »
    A lot of people are ok with Anakin because they're fanboys, i bet if Yoda or Luke were as strong as him they would be screaming nerf from day 1.

    I am okay with anakins power because I am a huge fan but also I've been waiting for the lightside to get a hero like bossk & Palpatine. Go into the objective & mess stuff up no teammates required.
  • Raices wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Just saying again, Anakin will never be balanced. He has 4 abilities, so he already broke the meta. A hero player is just as good as his abilitie to use the hero’s abilities, Anakin has FOUR of them. He never will be balanced without a severe nerf to his entire kit or the other heroes getting a 4 abilitie too. I can’t be the only one that think that a ultimate like retribution for each character will make the heroes much more interesting. Nobody want to see a 4 arm stance for Grievous? A new tank abilitie for Vader and Obi-Wan? Maybe Boba Fett missile or a proper flamethrower? Dooku lighting stance or a lighting atack. So much ideas could be implemented. The community could push this and give some ideas about what they think would be a good 4 abilitie for each hero in a controlled thread made by the devs. I don’t know, sounds a good thing for the community and for the game. What I really think this game lacks and Anakin Retribution abilitie represents is “scale”, things could be bigger in this game. Numbers of players, scale of powers, bigger jumps, etc. You know Palpatine and Dooku? I want to see more lighting. Maybe they can fix this giving the heroes Tiers in the next game, it’s kind hard to balance a sith with Finn. For the battlefront or herofront thing, why you keep comparing this game with the OG one? It’s clear we didn’t got the same game or the same ideas, stop comparing the two and move forward. I’m not saying witch one is better or what I would like, this battlefront is not the same as the OG one since 2015, so move foward.

    But surely then you are all going to want fourth abilities nerfed if they one hit kill you or kill multiple members of your team? As you all seem to want with Anakin.

    Right now there's absolutely NO reason to pick another LS that isn't Anakin(both game modes), unless you like handicaping yourself, that's not good for the game imo. I already leave lobbies in HvV when Anakin is already taken, why play as Another hero if the guy who took Anakin(assuming hes not a potato) will outscore me be a large margin.

    Han solo can easily top the leaderboard. I agree with everything but that part
  • Just makes me pop in BF15 far more frequently. The one they did more than sorta right.
  • I like SW, but I was always more of a Battlefront fan than a SW fan. Maybe that's the issue
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »
    Just saying again, Anakin will never be balanced. He has 4 abilities, so he already broke the meta. A hero player is just as good as his abilitie to use the hero’s abilities, Anakin has FOUR of them. He never will be balanced without a severe nerf to his entire kit or the other heroes getting a 4 abilitie too. I can’t be the only one that think that a ultimate like retribution for each character will make the heroes much more interesting. Nobody want to see a 4 arm stance for Grievous? A new tank abilitie for Vader and Obi-Wan? Maybe Boba Fett missile or a proper flamethrower? Dooku lighting stance or a lighting atack. So much ideas could be implemented. The community could push this and give some ideas about what they think would be a good 4 abilitie for each hero in a controlled thread made by the devs. I don’t know, sounds a good thing for the community and for the game. What I really think this game lacks and Anakin Retribution abilitie represents is “scale”, things could be bigger in this game. Numbers of players, scale of powers, bigger jumps, etc. You know Palpatine and Dooku? I want to see more lighting. Maybe they can fix this giving the heroes Tiers in the next game, it’s kind hard to balance a sith with Finn. For the battlefront or herofront thing, why you keep comparing this game with the OG one? It’s clear we didn’t got the same game or the same ideas, stop comparing the two and move forward. I’m not saying witch one is better or what I would like, this battlefront is not the same as the OG one since 2015, so move foward.

    But surely then you are all going to want fourth abilities nerfed if they one hit kill you or kill multiple members of your team? As you all seem to want with Anakin.

    There's a difference between a one hit kill ability and two abilities that wipe everyone inside a 50m radius every time they're used. What ever happened to high risk, high reward? Yesterday I saw a player get anakin on the final phase of naboo, and go from 20 elims to 90 in less than 5min, the droids had zero chance of taking that objective, and I don't think anakins nerf is gonna change that, Naboo will now forever be an impossible to win map as the droids. On maps that funnel into choke points like the final phase of naboo, unless you have a saber hero that can block, it's a waste of time playing against anakin, and it's still a waste of time, as you periodically lose all team support,

    I honestly think having abilities that affect a 360deg radius is just a terrible idea. There is no strategy involved, you just have a walking nuclear bomb every 10 seconds. There's no avoiding it. I don't take an anakin kill streak seriously at the moment, it is the most no skilled part of the game right now.

    I'm also trying to figure out... Everyone around here wanted stuns nerfed, they said they're a bad idea and the devs should move away from push to win buttons like that. Now anakin comes along no stun, just 2 abilities that flat out kill you or at least leave you on minimum health... Where is the logic in this?

    Again hvv, not really a problem, he is just a noob tube there, GA broken mess, and I don' think this is gonna change.
    If they buff other heroes to anakins level, this game will be 100percent hero front, with troopers providing the respawn mechanics.
  • I like SW, but I was always more of a Battlefront fan than a SW fan. Maybe that's the issue

    Fascinating.....
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member
    I just wanted some original cargo with troupers only. Instead we get pure hero stuff, not to mention a hilariously small number of maps.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • ID_8615
    553 posts Member
    "425 player damage"

    ... as I die on Hoth. I plugged how many rounds in to the villain's head and he still didn't die?
    This whole damage reduction thing for heroes / villains is absurd. Any **** can walk around with impunity in GA as a hero/villain.
  • It's si sad that thare is more post about Anakin than for new maps, weapons o vehicles.

    Hero fanatics win.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • It's si sad that thare is more post about Anakin than for new maps, weapons o vehicles.

    Hero fanatics win.

    Exactly, just another glowstick, only difference is this glow stick has this awesome nuclear bomb button, for all the noobs. Tbh weapons would be a bad idea, they would release something super op like the blurrg at launch and everyone would run it, ruining the game.
  • Just makes me pop in BF15 far more frequently. The one they did more than sorta right.

    Same here. Better modes and maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Relmets wrote: »

    What base argument?
    "Heroes can be on the battlefront too because they were in the movies"
    that base argument?
    His quote Exactly:

    "Heroes can be on the battlefront as well. The clone wars wouldnt have lasted without the jedi. Endor would have been lost without Han and the others. Luke on crait? Rey on starkiller? Obiwan on utapau? Heroes are there for a reason because they change the battle."

    Emphasis obviously on the bold. He's fundamentally right on this issue, and it's not just backed by the movies, but by precedent. ALL past titles have had Heroes included, playable or otherwise, and they're definitely meant to help change the tide given how much more powerful they are than base infantry. They're as much an integral part to battlefront as anything else. Simply Adding more to infantry, and yes even new Heroes ect. while disregarding a long broken element that's existed since launch is the real after thought here.

    What's that broken element? This well established trend of Heroes being powerful and game changers throughout the series has been somewhat left in the dust in this current title with some Heroes in particular being at points worse than enforcers or Aerials. Some just flat out totally outperform others in nearly every scenario in GA, where the particular niche they're built around that they may excel is either so narrow in scope it's near worthless, or it translates into little relevance in the actual battlefront like Luke's run speed or phasmas ability to hunker down. I could give countless meme-level abilities/cards too that are either too situational, or too bugged out to make a real difference. Compare that to Palpatine or Anakin with 3/3(4) very viable-versatile abilities, cards, and stats, it becomes real clear who the winners and losers are just off of reading their tool tips.

    This power imbalance ends up stymieing Hero diversity in a GA match where it becomes a stale revolving door of the same faces near every game, I mean, why play Phasma when you could easily get 3x the score on palpatine or bossk for half the effort? The same could be said for luke and anakin. It's not even like these top picks are unbeatable titans either, they're just actually well built. On some Maps when era costs are in play it becomes the case of paying a Higher BP cost for a more **** Hero, It's broken. I'm almost certain dice could support this too with their actual data on the frequency of certain Heroes played in GA. This has just been lost in transmission for far too long and why I lobby so hard for it to change.


    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    The Clone Wars would have played out exactly the same with or without the Jedi.

    Palps built himself millions of action figures and smacked them together on the Galactic News to grab power.

    The Sith plan to take over was genius.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Relmets wrote: »
    Obligatory clown/jester comment
    Our little inside joke. Cmon, you know deep down I don't really mean it. It's like the same little title I give the @banana
    Relmets wrote: »
    I wasn't even talking about Anakin but I suppose it's related.

    A well put together saber hero based on your standards, and let's not forget what your standards are. You believe that infantry shouldn't be a threat to heroes. You say it right here:

    "so this kid Bandicoot can have a chance with his vanguard is just as laughable."

    Please, don't put words in my mouth. Allow me to explain, competent Infantry have all the tools to be, and already are a major threat to every Hero in the game. Let's not pretend this is a 1v1 where poor old @bandicoot is locked in a room one on one with Anakin here. He has 19 other teammates equipped with a GPS Hero tracker and enough collective DPS to end literally any Hero in seconds. The Fact that he can, as he says, shove his little toy up a heroes rear end and take Half their HP or more in one hit is advantage enough. I'm not saying change specifically that either, but I'll let you continue though.
    Relmets wrote: »
    You think that substantial hero killstreaks should be the norm. You think that a 40 player mode should consist of 4-8 players running the show while everyone else is sideline cannon fodder. That just sounds like bad game design to me.

    No. They shouldn't and aren't the usual norm for the reasons illustrated above, in addition to the fact that it is skill on both parts of the Hero and infantry players that further plays to that differential. I don't wan't absoloute canon fodder "grunts" because at that point they might as well be mindless arcade bots. At the same time, I loathe Heroes made out of absolute glass with play styles that may be different, unique, and interesting but are bogged down with vastly inferior kits and situational abilities that often turn to be outright worthless in all but the rarest combat scenarios.

    What I love about anakin is how he's balanced. He doesn't take massive damage when he goes into one of his longer, more immobilizing animations, and his hit detection is near spot on. His other abilities synergize really well with each other, and each has versatile use with infantry and Heroes alike. None feel underwhelming or too situational and the entire kit see's use. 140-165 saber damage allows him to deal with targets quickly and efficiently with just his basic attack. Theres only one star card he has that I wouldn't consider using.

    Contrast that to Dooku, where expose weakness is pretty much relegated to Heroes only and thus its relevant cards in GA, or Luke skywalker where his repulse is inherently non-lethal unless augmented by a card with even more caveats. His 100 damage per swing is a joke compounded by the fact that sabers in general are easily evaded by rolling to the point where a disproportionate amount of kills come from his force push alone. 200 regen is way to low for a melee fighter, and with even lower HP then anakin he's just way too easy to bring down. Grievous and his unrelenting advance? Again, a bad ability not even worth running cards on in HvV or GA. Do I even have to mention Phasma's staff strikes? Lando's smoke? Hans shoulder charge? Vaders choke is a 50/50. This just can't go on, and it Irks/provokes me when others(not specifically you) go on about how powerful/OP some of these heroes are when in reality they aren't even all that well built in the first place.


    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4887 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Relmets wrote: »
    Getting back to the main point about putting some time into infantry content:

    You're always talking about how infantry is too lackluster to be worth investing in, but the reason you think that isn't because the gameplay is fundamentally that much different from heroes. It's because your enjoyment comes out of murdering a bunch of grunts with a more powerful unit. You are averse to the idea of a more level playing field, you admit this when you say HvV is trash compared to GA. You're always evaluating what is and isn't good gameplay based on the ability to go on killstreaks in a game mode with tiered units.

    I'm not telling you what to like or not like, but don't pretend that hero design is somehow vastly superior to trooper design just because you don't enjoy playing as a trooper.
    Murdering grunts has near nothing to do with it. I want to play other Heroes and not feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot for picking them. Yes, at some point anakin, palps, and bossk are going to get boring to constantly play, the latter two already are.

    I say HvV is trash, not because I'm on a more level playing field but for a whole another laundry list of reasons. I'm sure @Rivershark56 can fill you in on this. I'm running out of space.

    If this had been the BF4 skin over with actual meaningful squad mechanics, map design, or even an expansion on the 2015, "you are your own soldier", infantry elements, instead of what amounts to the solo death match rush to the better unit that we have now, trust me. I'd be on board. But at this rate it's just too far gone to realistically change much. The funding they had which was MXTs is gone. They're not interested in making money off skins. They can't add new star cards to the game, only modify existing ones.

    Kits and play styles like bacta-guard, the berserker, sharpshooter, bounty-bowcaster, ect. Have all been eliminated or subdivided into the four classes, you can never get what you really want, all the while nudging you to always have bounty hunter equipped and the other meta pick because near everything else is outright trash. When I say theres almost no or less counter play, I mean when some scrub throws a grenade at his feet and theres almost literally nothing else I can do except die, unless I'm a special unit or Hero. Meanwhile in 2015, I could shield up, side roll and Jet out or even shrug it off with a high enough trait, with the freedom to choose any baster from any range category. Call the combo's overpowered or over used, but I think it was better than what we have now. Them taking out the death counter makes it clear enough which direction this game was headed.

    What we have now, as you say is "tiered-unit" gameplay that at this point is frankly better embraced than abandoned with more Heroes, Aerials, enforcers, and other special units/vehicles/consumables than throwing it to the wind and going for something else that'll take months if not years to fully see the light of day, if the MTX rework was any indication

    Look I get it. A trooper only mode somewhat solves some of this, at least when it comes to some of the meta card picks. I wan't more maps, weapons, ect. too, but putting Heroes up on the sacrificial altar or just outright ignoring them for a while in an all or nothing bid for all things infantry... I'm going to go with Heroes every time. That's what I'm getting at here. Don't make it all or nothing, or "no more Heroes after anakin" and we'll get along just fine.
    Post edited by AbyssWatch3r on
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Bandicoot wrote: »

    Second, if your dumb enough as a hero to put yourself in a position to be vanguarded, then you deserve it.
    Third you want all heroes to be like Anakin that can take out 10 enemies at the push of a button, you said:

    "I don't play arcade because it's mindless, takes no effort, and the bots there pose no threat of actually killing me. It's boring. In GA theres a balance where I'm both actually killable and defeating others isn't an automatic cake walk, it's satisfying there."

    Ok, for the third time, Ignore anakins now nerfed nuke for just a second. Consider the overall Character. Yes he too has meta picks, but his entire card line-up isn't too situational like the rest of the cast. His longer immobilizing animations have innate damage reduction built in without the need of a card. His entire kit is useful and your not constantly just spamming one move, or neglecting to use an ability in it's entirety. As bad or not as Heroic might may or may not be, it's still literally dependent on the input it receives from low skill players. I've already gone over why I feel anakins one of the best built Heroes outside of the multi kill in another post(s). I suggest you go read them if you wan't more detail.

    Now compare that to Grievous, Unrelenting advance = trash meme. Han solo's shoulder bash is near useless against infantry in GA, or even HvV frankly, literally whatever situation you could possibly ever consider using it offensively it's almost always better just to shoot the target. Count Dooku's expose weakness literally exposes his own weakness, where he's better off simply swinging at the infantry than casting that long self stun. Phasmas staff strikes? Finns big deal forcing him to walk? Seeing Lando's name plate through his smoke, inconsistent fire-rate, and weak blaster? Mauls Saber throw? Let's be real here, most of the other Hero abilities suck.



    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    Anakin is a cakewalk, takes no skill to play and you want all heroes to be like him, which goes against your arcade is boring and too easy statement.
    Seriously arcade is where you should be imo.

    Im gonna ask this again as i'm seriously trying to understand your logic...
    @AbyssWatch3r, serious question, would you not mind getting slaughtered as infantry if you join a match midway with no hero? Or are you one of those players that buffs teammates, hides, buffs, then camps spawn screen till you get a hero? I'm just curious how you would deal with the other side of the fence if all heroes were like anakin, you got constantly slaughtered and you didn't get one.

    The Fact is a lot of these abilities and cards are trash and need re-works. Unrelenting advance should get inherent damage reduction and deal 150 damage a swing, nobody can just walk or roll through a buzz saw. Han Solos charge should function like Grevious claw rush and have a guaranteed knockdown. Phasma should get hit stun immunity and damage reduction mid-animation on her staff strikes. Both Her and Chewbaccas Heal cards should be on any kill, not their worse abilities. Every Vanilla Hero besides leia could use +50 regen, 150 is what makes a lot of the other blaster picks trash in GA unless you like pot-shotting, or spamming alt fire. 200 regen on luke is pathetic and underpowered, nobody cares if you regen slightly faster if your slowly hemorrhaging total health from every non 1 on 1 encounter. The extra repulse damage should be flat, not if the target is in half the radius lmao. Mauls saber throw from the get go should have been angled than straight up vertical. With the card it only does 180 damage, and for one reason or another is pretty much strictly single target, a joke.

    That's what I want fixed on the other Heroes. Not some multi-kill one-shot that you and others constantly keep exaggerating.

    And for the record, I don't get wrecked in all but few of my games, and thats mainly when I'm on a single digit team and I'm up against several people near or on my level. Otherwise I know how to counter Literally every Hero, it's not rocket science. Palpatine basically can't hurt you at point blank range, rolling unlocks his lightning stream from you. Every saber Hero can be tied up in rolls, some less so than others, it buys your team time to gun them down. You clearly already know about the vanguard roll. The stinger pistol is useful for all but ensuring some permanent damage on a pushing saber Hero. All Blaster Heroes can literally be soloed, they're jokes unless they have body guards. With 150 regen you'll eventually get them. Bossk pretty much only has his base rifle if you use the officers grenade nullifier. Anakin only really persists if your team mass feeds him HP and retribution, he only has 250 regen. Every saber users attack including the force can be rolled, some on reaction. The fact you guys are losing out to this just makes my head spin.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Getting back to the main point about putting some time into infantry content:

    You're always talking about how infantry is too lackluster to be worth investing in, but the reason you think that isn't because the gameplay is fundamentally that much different from heroes. It's because your enjoyment comes out of murdering a bunch of grunts with a more powerful unit. You are averse to the idea of a more level playing field, you admit this when you say HvV is trash compared to GA. You're always evaluating what is and isn't good gameplay based on the ability to go on killstreaks in a game mode with tiered units.

    I'm not telling you what to like or not like, but don't pretend that hero design is somehow vastly superior to trooper design just because you don't enjoy playing as a trooper.
    Murdering grunts has near nothing to do with it. I want to play other Heroes and not feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot for picking them. Yes, at some point anakin, palps, and bossk are going to get boring to constantly play, the latter two already are.

    I say HvV is trash, not because I'm on a more level playing field but for a whole another laundry list of reasons. I'm sure @Rivershark56 can fill you in on this. I'm running out of space.

    If this had been the BF4 skin over with actual meaningful squad mechanics, map design, or even an expansion on the 2015, "you are your own soldier", infantry elements, instead of what amounts to the solo death match rush to the better unit that we have now, trust me. I'd be on board. But at this rate it's just too far gone to realistically change much. The funding they had which was MXTs is gone. They're not interested in making money off skins. They can't add new star cards to the game, only modify existing ones.

    Kits and play styles like bacta-guard, the berserker, sharpshooter, bounty-bowcaster, ect. Have all been eliminated or subdivided into the four classes, you can never get what you really want, all the while nudging you to always have bounty hunter equipped and the other meta pick because near everything else is outright ****. When I say theres almost no or less counter play, I mean when some scrub throws a grenade at his feet and theres almost literally nothing else I can do except die, unless I'm a special unit or Hero. Meanwhile in 2015, I could shield up, side roll and Jet out or even shrug it off with a high enough trait, with the freedom to choose any baster from any range category. Call the combo's overpowered or over used, but I think it was better than what we have now. Them taking out the death counter makes it clear enough which direction this game was headed.

    What we have now, as you say is "tiered-unit" gameplay that at this point is frankly better embraced than abandoned with more Heroes, Aerials, enforcers, and other special units/vehicles/consumables than throwing it to the wind and going for something else that'll take months if not years to fully see the light of day, if the MTX rework was any indication

    Look I get it. A trooper only mode somewhat solves some of this, at least when it comes to some of the meta card picks. I wan't more maps, weapons, ect. too, but putting Heroes up on the sacrificial altar or just outright ignoring them for a while in an all or nothing bid for all things infantry... I'm going to go with Heroes every time. That's what I'm getting at here. Don't make it all or nothing, or "no more Heroes after anakin" and we'll get along be fine.

    Heroes need to be put aside for now. The rest of the game, which was never good to begin with, is stale and suffering. Sure, heroes are fun the 1st few times, but they are adding nothing to game play.

    Ani's biggest contribution to this game has been 1/40 people enjoying the new meta in GA and 1/8 in HvV.

    The forum explosion has been fun to watch though.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • GenxDarchi
    7640 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    "425 player damage"

    ... as I die on Hoth. I plugged how many rounds in to the villain's head and he still didn't die?
    This whole damage reduction thing for heroes / villains is absurd. Any **** can walk around with impunity in GA as a hero/villain.

    Actually, they take full damage unless using one of their abilities, or star cards, but that usually provides a meager 8% or 16%. The highest is during focused Rage, which is only 25%. So that statement is pretty much false, No hero has innate damage reduction of 50%.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Batman
    GiftedElectricHoopoe-size_restricted.gif
    but now that I've beaten you, @Bandicoot, the clown, and the arcade kid over the head with it for like the 50th time... the question remains:

    Who died and made you referee?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ID_8615
    553 posts Member
    Wow, I don't know if we're playing the same game or not, but thats definitely not how it works. You must've "plugged" grievous in the head 7 times with an Ion cr-2 thinking it actually did extra damage to him and Vader lmao, This 50% damage reduction on top of damage reduction starcards, doesn't exist.

    I'm just going to place some quotes from this new thing all the Cool Developer Kids are doing nowadays - Release Notes.

    - Increased Kylo base Frenzy damage on Heroes from 80 to 125.
    - Increased Kylo base Frenzy damage on Troopers from 80 to 150.
    - This ability deals base damage of 180 to heroes and 250 to non-heroes.
    - ... a minimum of 100 to heroes or 130 to non-heroes.
    - This ability does base damage of 70 to heroes and 100 to non-heroes.
    - This ability does 100 damage over time to heroes and 150 damage to non-heroes.


    Now, you are correct and I am incorrect, none of that specifically states heroes are taking ½-damage from blaster fire; however, there is a plethora of precedence to believe that heroes & villains are getting damage reductions from grunt fire in GA. The code is obviously catering to different damage rates for heroes and non-heroes. The Dev Team must have a special sweet-spot for heroes to have created separate damage rates for heroes v non-heroes. I would love for F8RGE or any of the Dev Team tell me I'm completely off my rocker when it comes to blaster fire damage. I would love for them to tell me there is no discount for damage to heroes versus non-heroes in the code.

    On top of that, you have Star Cards which further reduce damage inflicted. That's the only explanation I have as to why Chewbacca can just sit upstairs on the last stage of Endor firing his crossbow in to the crowds ... out in the open ... and take a full salvo of blaster fire from my Heavy and NOT DIE in the slightest.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Batman
    GiftedElectricHoopoe-size_restricted.gif
    but now that I've beaten you, @Bandicoot, the clown, and the arcade kid over the head with it for like the 50th time... the question remains:

    Who died and made you referee?

    4g50cr8jpqwu.jpg
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • ID_8615
    553 posts Member
    . You "are" (not your) literally on the side of a guy that thinks chewbacca can survive a full salvo of blaster fire and walk away. Probably thinks Ion shot hurts Vader more too.
    I just want someone to tell me how heroic it is when the code deals less damage to heroes versus non-heroes. I'm guessing you haven't bothered reading the Release Notes, either.

    There's no explanation, otherwise, as to why so many heroes and villains can just lollygag around in open areas with impunity.

  • ID_8615
    553 posts Member
    I think the medic had it right in TFA, "you must've been soooo brave"... .
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    Anakin is a cakewalk, takes no skill to play and you want all heroes to be like him, which goes against your arcade is boring and too easy statement.
    Seriously arcade is where you should be imo.

    Im gonna ask this again as i'm seriously trying to understand your logic...
    @AbyssWatch3r, serious question, would you not mind getting slaughtered as infantry if you join a match midway with no hero? Or are you one of those players that buffs teammates, hides, buffs, then camps spawn screen till you get a hero? I'm just curious how you would deal with the other side of the fence if all heroes were like anakin, you got constantly slaughtered and you didn't get one.

    The Fact is a lot of these abilities and cards are trash and need re-works. Unrelenting advance should get inherent damage reduction and deal 150 damage a swing, nobody can just walk or roll through a buzz saw. Han Solos charge should function like Grevious claw rush and have a guaranteed knockdown. Phasma should get hit stun immunity and damage reduction mid-animation on her staff strikes. Both Her and Chewbaccas Heal cards should be on any kill, not their worse abilities. Every Vanilla Hero besides leia could use +50 regen, 150 is what makes a lot of the other blaster picks trash in GA unless you like pot-shotting, or spamming alt fire. 200 regen on luke is pathetic and underpowered, nobody cares if you regen slightly faster if your slowly hemorrhaging total health from every non 1 on 1 encounter. The extra repulse damage should be flat, not if the target is in half the radius lmao. Mauls saber throw from the get go should have been angled than straight up vertical. With the card it only does 180 damage, and for one reason or another is pretty much strictly single target, a joke.

    That's what I want fixed on the other Heroes. Not some multi-kill one-shot that you and others constantly keep exaggerating.

    And for the record, I don't get wrecked in all but few of my games, and thats mainly when I'm on a single digit team and I'm up against several people near or on my level. Otherwise I know how to counter Literally every Hero, it's not rocket science. Palpatine basically can't hurt you at point blank range, rolling unlocks his lightning stream from you. Every saber Hero can be tied up in rolls, some less so than others, it buys your team time to gun them down. You clearly already know about the vanguard roll. The stinger pistol is useful for all but ensuring some permanent damage on a pushing saber Hero. All Blaster Heroes can literally be soloed, they're jokes unless they have body guards. With 150 regen you'll eventually get them. Bossk pretty much only has his base rifle if you use the officers grenade nullifier. Anakin only really persists if your team mass feeds him HP and retribution, he only has 250 regen. Every saber users attack including the force can be rolled, some on reaction. The fact you guys are losing out to this just makes my head spin.

    Ok, i've sort of had enough of this discussion, but now you are kind of speaking some sense. See originally you thought anakin was fine when he was blatantly op, could 1 shot and kill a whole team at a time, and 1 shot heroes. You said you want more heroes built like that, which would ultimately mean heroes destroying all infantry and 1 shotting eachother, troopers would spend most of their game in the re-spawn screen, that made no sense. It also stalls all GA progress. As it is, naboo is still impossible to win if the other team has a half competent anakin.

    Its true heroes such as chewie need more survivability in GA, but his abilities are fine.
    Hans shoulder charge you are right, grievous unrelenting advance as well. All hok should be tied to generic kill not abilities, i agree. Phasmas staff strikes are garbage. Mauls saber throw does work, you just have to aim it, a slight angle would be better. And yes 50 more regen would be good for a lot of heroes. This wouldn't turn them into one shot team killers though, which is how it should be.
    All these heroes though are still capable of huge killstreaks, I know a lot of these super high ones are against potatoes, but if you watched whaddaweirdo on twitch, you'd realize its still possible vs half decent players, just takes a lot of skill.

    Anakin has changed the progress of GA, it was fairly balanced before, now LS wins 90 percent of the time, we don't need heroes that can do this with no skill. Just creates a cancerous match.
  • You get 4 blasters on a hero with competent players and they're dead with their abilities on cool down. That 4500bp or 6000bp hero lasts all but 2 or 3 minutes most of the time. But we have people upset that their 0bp trooper gets killed by a lightsaber that can slice through metal like it's a hot knife through butter. Then half the time it takes 3 or 4 swings to even kill your trooper because of the roll immunity. This game is a joke.

    I look around and BF2015 is always talked about as a better game in terms of infantry but in that game you were one-shot by lightsabers. I wonder if people really even remember how strong heroes were in that game? On top of that you had traits for heroes with 3 trait levels. Vader could get to level 3 on his trait and was nearly immune to blaster fire. Bossk is talked about as a balanced hero but some still want him nerfed because his gas goes through walls. Remember in BF2015 his gun was a super weapon, had unlimited 'night vision', his dioxis escape killed troopers in about a second, had even more health than BF2017 and could regenerate it all the way back to full. Vader's choke was a press and go kill on demand. His light saber throw could decimate entire hallways, his level 3 trait had him as a walking tank. Luke's dash could be used in the air so no ledge was safe, his push was better and actually reliable, his run speed was nuts, lightsaber had insane reach, it could one-shot any regular infantry etc. The only thing they didn't have was health on kill.

    This game you have to run behind cover because blocking blaster fire doesn't work half the time. When it does work it's only from the front seemingly. Explosion spam is all over the place. Flash grenades last for an eternity, every person runs a thermal detonator or something. Heavies have stupid sentries that also spam explosive shots that can insta-kill infantry, can't be blocked by a saber and last for over 5 seconds, enough to kill any hero trapped in a hallway.

    This game's maps are mostly to blame imo. Choke point after choke point. Narrow hallways and corridors. Limited entrances to objectives. Predictable spawn points that are either camped or 200 meters from the objective. You want to blame heroes for having your infantry killed so often, but the problem is that you're restricted to certain areas that you can go and that ends up leading to slaughters.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Batman
    GiftedElectricHoopoe-size_restricted.gif
    but now that I've beaten you, @Bandicoot, the clown, and the arcade kid over the head with it for like the 50th time... the question remains:

    Who died and made you referee?

    4g50cr8jpqwu.jpg

    Rg8t.gif

    Excellent!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • DarthJ
    6177 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Abyss, I've never blocked anyone, but I've been seriously considering blocking you on this forum because so often seems like you don't have anything substantial to contribute, just personal attacks and muddying the waters. However, reading this post, there's actually something to this, and I'm going to give replying another try.
    I blocked him a while back. Best decision I ever made. I notice from people quoting him, that he mentioned something about giving someone a brain injury, as if that's something funny. I am a survivor of a TBI, and he uses it like it's a joke or something. He has no class, and is a bully.

    Sorry to hear that. Stay strong fella and good to see you pulled through
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • You get 4 blasters on a hero with competent players and they're dead with their abilities on cool down. That 4500bp or 6000bp hero lasts all but 2 or 3 minutes most of the time. But we have people upset that their 0bp trooper gets killed by a lightsaber that can slice through metal like it's a hot knife through butter. Then half the time it takes 3 or 4 swings to even kill your trooper because of the roll immunity. This game is a joke.

    I look around and BF2015 is always talked about as a better game in terms of infantry but in that game you were one-shot by lightsabers. I wonder if people really even remember how strong heroes were in that game? On top of that you had traits for heroes with 3 trait levels. Vader could get to level 3 on his trait and was nearly immune to blaster fire. Bossk is talked about as a balanced hero but some still want him nerfed because his gas goes through walls. Remember in BF2015 his gun was a super weapon, had unlimited 'night vision', his dioxis escape killed troopers in about a second, had even more health than BF2017 and could regenerate it all the way back to full. Vader's choke was a press and go kill on demand. His light saber throw could decimate entire hallways, his level 3 trait had him as a walking tank. Luke's dash could be used in the air so no ledge was safe, his push was better and actually reliable, his run speed was nuts, lightsaber had insane reach, it could one-shot any regular infantry etc. The only thing they didn't have was health on kill.

    This game you have to run behind cover because blocking blaster fire doesn't work half the time. When it does work it's only from the front seemingly. Explosion spam is all over the place. Flash grenades last for an eternity, every person runs a thermal detonator or something. Heavies have stupid sentries that also spam explosive shots that can insta-kill infantry, can't be blocked by a saber and last for over 5 seconds, enough to kill any hero trapped in a hallway.

    This game's maps are mostly to blame imo. Choke point after choke point. Narrow hallways and corridors. Limited entrances to objectives. Predictable spawn points that are either camped or 200 meters from the objective. You want to blame heroes for having your infantry killed so often, but the problem is that you're restricted to certain areas that you can go and that ends up leading to slaughters.

    This.
  • You get 4 blasters on a hero with competent players and they're dead with their abilities on cool down. That 4500bp or 6000bp hero lasts all but 2 or 3 minutes most of the time. But we have people upset that their 0bp trooper gets killed by a lightsaber that can slice through metal like it's a hot knife through butter. Then half the time it takes 3 or 4 swings to even kill your trooper because of the roll immunity. This game is a joke.

    I look around and BF2015 is always talked about as a better game in terms of infantry but in that game you were one-shot by lightsabers. I wonder if people really even remember how strong heroes were in that game? On top of that you had traits for heroes with 3 trait levels. Vader could get to level 3 on his trait and was nearly immune to blaster fire. Bossk is talked about as a balanced hero but some still want him nerfed because his gas goes through walls. Remember in BF2015 his gun was a super weapon, had unlimited 'night vision', his dioxis escape killed troopers in about a second, had even more health than BF2017 and could regenerate it all the way back to full. Vader's choke was a press and go kill on demand. His light saber throw could decimate entire hallways, his level 3 trait had him as a walking tank. Luke's dash could be used in the air so no ledge was safe, his push was better and actually reliable, his run speed was nuts, lightsaber had insane reach, it could one-shot any regular infantry etc. The only thing they didn't have was health on kill.

    This game you have to run behind cover because blocking blaster fire doesn't work half the time. When it does work it's only from the front seemingly. Explosion spam is all over the place. Flash grenades last for an eternity, every person runs a thermal detonator or something. Heavies have stupid sentries that also spam explosive shots that can insta-kill infantry, can't be blocked by a saber and last for over 5 seconds, enough to kill any hero trapped in a hallway.

    This game's maps are mostly to blame imo. Choke point after choke point. Narrow hallways and corridors. Limited entrances to objectives. Predictable spawn points that are either camped or 200 meters from the objective. You want to blame heroes for having your infantry killed so often, but the problem is that you're restricted to certain areas that you can go and that ends up leading to slaughters.

    This.

    Your not meant to take 4 blasters head on, just saying, only dumb players do that, of course your gonna get melted by the other 3 while you kill one. That post was describing bad strategy/gameplay. The only time my hero lasts 2 to 3 mins, is if i'm trying to fight the whole other team by myself because matchmaking is non existent. Good team vs good team, all is good.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    You get 4 blasters on a hero with competent players and they're dead with their abilities on cool down. That 4500bp or 6000bp hero lasts all but 2 or 3 minutes most of the time. But we have people upset that their 0bp trooper gets killed by a lightsaber that can slice through metal like it's a hot knife through butter. Then half the time it takes 3 or 4 swings to even kill your trooper because of the roll immunity. This game is a joke.

    I look around and BF2015 is always talked about as a better game in terms of infantry but in that game you were one-shot by lightsabers. I wonder if people really even remember how strong heroes were in that game? On top of that you had traits for heroes with 3 trait levels. Vader could get to level 3 on his trait and was nearly immune to blaster fire. Bossk is talked about as a balanced hero but some still want him nerfed because his gas goes through walls. Remember in BF2015 his gun was a super weapon, had unlimited 'night vision', his dioxis escape killed troopers in about a second, had even more health than BF2017 and could regenerate it all the way back to full. Vader's choke was a press and go kill on demand. His light saber throw could decimate entire hallways, his level 3 trait had him as a walking tank. Luke's dash could be used in the air so no ledge was safe, his push was better and actually reliable, his run speed was nuts, lightsaber had insane reach, it could one-shot any regular infantry etc. The only thing they didn't have was health on kill.

    This game you have to run behind cover because blocking blaster fire doesn't work half the time. When it does work it's only from the front seemingly. Explosion spam is all over the place. Flash grenades last for an eternity, every person runs a thermal detonator or something. Heavies have stupid sentries that also spam explosive shots that can insta-kill infantry, can't be blocked by a saber and last for over 5 seconds, enough to kill any hero trapped in a hallway.

    This game's maps are mostly to blame imo. Choke point after choke point. Narrow hallways and corridors. Limited entrances to objectives. Predictable spawn points that are either camped or 200 meters from the objective. You want to blame heroes for having your infantry killed so often, but the problem is that you're restricted to certain areas that you can go and that ends up leading to slaughters.

    This.

    Your not meant to take 4 blasters head on, just saying, only dumb players do that, of course your gonna get melted by the other 3 while you kill one. That post was describing bad strategy/gameplay. The only time my hero lasts 2 to 3 mins, is if i'm trying to fight the whole other team by myself because matchmaking is non existent. Good team vs good team, all is good.

    There was a lot more covered in that post than just taking on 4 players at once.

    But either way, considering the squad system bunches players up anyway, you don't find it a little weak that a force using, saber wielding character like Luke needs to legit run away at the sight of 4 troopers?

    Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I guess.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    You get 4 blasters on a hero with competent players and they're dead with their abilities on cool down. That 4500bp or 6000bp hero lasts all but 2 or 3 minutes most of the time. But we have people upset that their 0bp trooper gets killed by a lightsaber that can slice through metal like it's a hot knife through butter. Then half the time it takes 3 or 4 swings to even kill your trooper because of the roll immunity. This game is a joke.

    I look around and BF2015 is always talked about as a better game in terms of infantry but in that game you were one-shot by lightsabers. I wonder if people really even remember how strong heroes were in that game? On top of that you had traits for heroes with 3 trait levels. Vader could get to level 3 on his trait and was nearly immune to blaster fire. Bossk is talked about as a balanced hero but some still want him nerfed because his gas goes through walls. Remember in BF2015 his gun was a super weapon, had unlimited 'night vision', his dioxis escape killed troopers in about a second, had even more health than BF2017 and could regenerate it all the way back to full. Vader's choke was a press and go kill on demand. His light saber throw could decimate entire hallways, his level 3 trait had him as a walking tank. Luke's dash could be used in the air so no ledge was safe, his push was better and actually reliable, his run speed was nuts, lightsaber had insane reach, it could one-shot any regular infantry etc. The only thing they didn't have was health on kill.

    This game you have to run behind cover because blocking blaster fire doesn't work half the time. When it does work it's only from the front seemingly. Explosion spam is all over the place. Flash grenades last for an eternity, every person runs a thermal detonator or something. Heavies have stupid sentries that also spam explosive shots that can insta-kill infantry, can't be blocked by a saber and last for over 5 seconds, enough to kill any hero trapped in a hallway.

    This game's maps are mostly to blame imo. Choke point after choke point. Narrow hallways and corridors. Limited entrances to objectives. Predictable spawn points that are either camped or 200 meters from the objective. You want to blame heroes for having your infantry killed so often, but the problem is that you're restricted to certain areas that you can go and that ends up leading to slaughters.

    This.

    Your not meant to take 4 blasters head on, just saying, only dumb players do that, of course your gonna get melted by the other 3 while you kill one. That post was describing bad strategy/gameplay. The only time my hero lasts 2 to 3 mins, is if i'm trying to fight the whole other team by myself because matchmaking is non existent. Good team vs good team, all is good.

    There was a lot more covered in that post than just taking on 4 players at once.

    But either way, considering the squad system bunches players up anyway, you don't find it a little weak that a force using, saber wielding character like Luke needs to legit run away at the sight of 4 troopers?

    Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I guess.

    If your running away as luke vs 4 players, assuming his abilities are working correctly, you are doing something wrong. And any saber user can go vs 4 players, you just cant go, hey everyone look at me then proceed to kill one guy cause obviously the others are gonna light you up. I find the sabers that have dash ability a lot better at dealing with groups, slash and dash... But really it's about not overstaying your welcome. Take away this trait and the whole skill thing goes out the window.

    Ill admit the squad system has made it all a bit interesting, sometimes now you will find the whole team in one spot.
  • I swear I'm playing a different game than some of you. It is literally the only explanation.
  • brienj
    665 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Abyss, I've never blocked anyone, but I've been seriously considering blocking you on this forum because so often seems like you don't have anything substantial to contribute, just personal attacks and muddying the waters. However, reading this post, there's actually something to this, and I'm going to give replying another try.
    I blocked him a while back. Best decision I ever made. I notice from people quoting him, that he mentioned something about giving someone a brain injury, as if that's something funny. I am a survivor of a TBI, and he uses it like it's a joke or something. He has no class, and is a bully.

    Sorry to hear that. Stay strong fella and good to see you pulled through

    Thanks.
  • EA_Rtas
    675 posts EA Moderator
    edited March 8
    Alright folks conversation in here got far too heated and personal for my liking I've had to remove quite a few posts already. Reel it in please and keep it on topic, less of the personal attacks and snarky comments.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    @AbyssWatch3r can I ask, do you enjoy getting slaughtered as infantry if you dont manage to buff enough teammates to get your hero? And what do you do when your on the darkside and you want to play a hero? Do you play bossk and gas miles away from the objective, or do you play the objective, turn a corner and find anakin's constipated face about to release the biggest dump of his life, and die instantly?hero streak over, fun 10 killstreak...

    Lmao, this is where you guys actually scare me. Like literally the only Hero I have trouble taking down 1 on 1 by myself is a good palpatine or Anakin that is consistently healing off my team, and why I consider them the most balanced. I guarantee I could kill pretty much anybody else in less than 5 tries, and if there's a speeder bike, even those two are screwed. It's a bad joke.

    lightsaber users in general are perhaps the easiest bring down in this game all you have to do is jump them while they're attacking somebody else, or just roll around and delay them while your squad mows them down. The singer pistol is useful for racking up permanent damage if they over extend as well. It just becomes a total joke when Finn and yoda start buffing, none of them can actually kill you fast enough before you bring them to 30% HP. How do you people not know this? This isn't rocket science.

    Exactly Anakin is the joke. If you have trouble killing palps your garbage, probably one of, if not the easiest hero to kill. Speeders are also a joke, but that's not a hero problem, that's a speeder problem. But this is exactly what I loved about the hero play before anakin, just cause you had a hero, doesn't mean instant invincibility god mode etc. It means you have a slight advantage you can take and use, if you are good, keywords "if you are good". If you were garbage you would die as a hero, like all the officers that get 2 elims before getting their hero. This kept the game balanced and if troopers stuck together they could take out the hero. Now if troopers stick together, Anakin celebrates with his constipated face by taking a huge dump and nuking everyone in the area. If every hero was like anakin i'm sure you'd hate it too as all the heroes would be one shotting each other, and that sucks.

    No. Nonsense, palpatine is not the easiest villain to kill as a mere infantry, lmao. Remember we're not talking HvV as Han or Lando here. Any Hero that has an AoE one-shot that heals them to full, with mobility greater than mauls, is automatically top tier. I don't know what your talking about there, definitely harder than any saber thats for sure. Hahaha, I'm garbage? I guarantee I would 10-0 you 1 on 1 as palps every time, especially if your other infantry were feeding me health, there no rolling the lightning on reaction either. Next.

    Anakin again, has the exact same pitfalls as any other saber Hero besides maybe roll spamming him, and even more so with only 250 regen if you and your chump team would stop dumping ammo into him and allowing him to heal all the way back to full. That's literally the only thing that makes him so good. Literally.

    Palps is the hero I've killed most as infantry. It's simple, he has no block, and if you stay out of lightning range, or attack him from behind, it's simple to take him out.

    Exactly, someone who gets it, @AbyssWatch3r is probably trying to kill him in lightning range with his little se44. El16 +headshots = dead palps.

    I'll leave this here. This bouncy palps was annoying but we all just sat back and shot him, taking health down, he couldn't get too close. Then went for the kill when health was down. Very satisfying


  • @Relmets

    Why I personally despise BF2 HvV:

    1. The target system encourages running. "Sometimes that's the only way to stay alive" is an argument I hear a lot. So, okay, but does that make chasing them around the map like a knucklehead any more fun? Absolutely not.
    2. Target system encourages the use of map exploits. Wow, I've been running so much that my thumb is starting to hurt. Oh, good, the next map is Takodana, I'll just hide behind the castle as Yoda when I'm the target and eat a snack. If anyone dares come find me, I'll unleash them into no man's land and watch them die trying to get back to the map. Then I'll take another bite of my sandwich.
    3. Stun spam. Granted they tried to fix this with the stun immunity for 3 seconds but it didn't help much. How does it help when Lando can literally stun you once and blast your face, removing 90% of your health, only to finally break free, chase him around why he rolls around like a circus act, then melee kill you before you can kill him with a saber? That's just ONE example of stun spam. And yes, I know you can counter it. But it's just NOT FUN.
    4. Clans. A lot of my gaming takes place randomly and briefly. I don't have time to put my friend/clan/squad together and I usually play solo. Nothing like getting paired with 3 randoms against a coordinated clan. You literally just spawn die. Very rarely do I get in a situation like that in Galactic Assault. And even when my team is trash, I have options of playing a Heavy and focusing on vehicles, driving vehicles, flying planes, playing objectives, flanking around the back of the map, and other things to keep me busy and HAVE FUN while my team gets spanked.
    5. Quitters. Someone always quits. It's not fun to be on the giving or receiving end of a HvV slaughterhouse. It's boring. No fun.
    6. Knucklehead teammates. I will literally just quit a round myself if the match starts and all 3 teammates run in different directions. Why on Earth would I waste my time?
    7. Knucklehead teammate trying to 1v4 opponents as the target. It's like, "dude, give me 4 freaking seconds to catch up to you and try to assist you!!" But no, they run in, and last about 2.5 seconds.
    8. Suicide Squad. Bored trolls that become the target and decide to speed the game along by throwing themselves off a cliff. I mean, really? Just quit the match! At least maybe then someone interested in playing and winning might take your spot!
    9. Suicide losers. Those complete knuckleheads that are getting destroyed by you and at the last second before death, manually hit start/respawn so you get no kill or assist points. Such a cheap, cowardly tactic.
    10. Using the force almost never works. I've never seen a game riddled with more bugs. It's ridiculous. Same issue in Galactic Assault, but doesn't change the fact that it's a huge issue in HvV.
    11. Lag. Lag. Lag. Nothing like thinking you're sneakily flanking the enemy only to be rubberbanded right into your opponent's lightsaber...who just magically appeared due to excessive lag and server issues.
    12. Round start timer. In between rounds, I have enough time to drop a poop off at the local toilet bowl, baste and cook a turkey, take out the trash, brew my own beer, then drink it all, and MAYBE by then the round has started. Maybe.
    13. Matchmaking. Same issue as Galactic Assault. But landslides lead to even more issues (like quitting) and it's just a revolving door of problems.

    And sure, some of these issues exist in GA. I'm not naive. The difference is I CAN FIND A WAY TO HAVE FUN ANYWAY. There's no fun to be had in HvV because AT LEAST one of the above exists in 29/30 rounds played.

    There's just more interesting things happening in Galactic Assault. During a slaughter round, at least I can jump into a Starfighter and make a couple straffing runs. At least I can chase around chickens as a stormtrooper (which really never gets old). At least I can jump into an ATST and awkwardly "walk" around the map shooting at AI Ewoks. The possibilities are endless.

    HvV is boring trash. It's more entertaining to explain why it's trash on the forums than it is to play an actual round of it. But hey, some people enjoy trash. And that's cool. This is just my opinion on our current mode called HvV.

    You dig?

    @AbyssWatch3r I miss anything?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!