criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Drop Zone for Battlefront 2

Xerogon
467 posts Member
edited December 2018
EA/DICE, I think I speak for most of us on here when I say that we would really appreciate the mode being added back into the game. The mode would be a mode that promotes infantry gameplay without reinforcements. The maps would be good and give those of us who don’t want to tryhard for the heroes/reinforcements and give us a semi-competitive mode. Hopefully you would add private matches into the game as well along with this. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Dash
    11568 posts Member
    I want this. I want this very very badly. :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Xerogon
    467 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    I want this. I want this very very badly. :sunglasses:

Yeah man it would be awesome to get it man
  • I'd like drop zone but they would need to tweak a bit to accommodate no jetpacks because that was a big part of the mode in the first game. or maybe make the ariels the only reinforcements and those guys are the key to taking the pods quickly while the infantry defend.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    I'd like drop zone but they would need to tweak a bit to accommodate no jetpacks because that was a big part of the mode in the first game. or maybe make the ariels the only reinforcements and those guys are the key to taking the pods quickly while the infantry defend.

I’d like it to just be the 4 classes and not even reinforcements
  • This is one of the best suggestions I’ve heard in a while and would instantly increase the value of this game over what any current small mode may have already. A nonlinear, variable control point, trooper small mode would be become the most played and praised one we’d have. Please, Dice. Listen to this request and at least put it on the table.
  • yes they need to tweak it a bit then I mean. make the pods closer or you have to defend/take them longer or less of them.
  • Yeah I just think this mode would give the game extra life and definitely extend my time on game and private matches would do it extend it even more and may even add more tournaments on PS4
  • Ppong_Man12
    2296 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Get it started guys, the lvl 9 sabers club according to Gillard but we’re playing dropzone lol.
  • Yup. DZ and Cargo.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • 2 classic modes.
  • drop zone
    cargo

punch it!
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    drop zone
    cargo

punch it!

If/when they add cargo and drop zone😏

51kopcrksnfe.gif
  • I’ve been clamoring for private servers for months.
  • These were the best small modes from BF15 - competitive, great for private play, no heroes. Nowhere to be seen here. What a shame. Please add them.
  • Drop Zone was fun as hell, I'd love to see that return. Same with that Sabotage mode that was in the Bespin DLC.
  • Definitely. I’d love to have drop zone in this game.
  • Man bro this thread didn’t get much play, hmmm, wonder why that is, oh yeah, it’s because all people want are new skins and several hundred more heroes. It would be nice though, still, I’m afraid we may have to wait until a bf3, unless they modified jet pack cargo into some form of DZ.

Still wonder how DropZone, Cargo, DroidRun, extraction, and sabotage was replaced with strike, a blast mode with super soldiers, (aka reinforcements), and Ewok hunt.
  • I miss Drop Zone very much.
  • I would love drop zone. Best small mode in BF2015 hands down.
    Scorch: I think we may have to blast our way through that... And I'm *not* just saying that because I love to blow stuff up.
  • Yes drop zone was awesome in BF15, loved that mode! Agreed with everyone above, it was my favourite game mode outside of Walker Assault.

Cargo would also be nice - but the non-jetpack version and with more than 2 maps!!!!
  • DZ 4 Life
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited March 7
    This seemed like an easier and more sensible mode to implement versus Jumpack Cargo. Drop Zone is all about mobility, so using the aerial class makes perfect sense, not Jumpack Cargo.
    Post edited by johnny_mercury on
  • Dash
    11568 posts Member
    edited March 7
    I would play that Every day without ever touching any other game mode. That’s how much I Loved that mode in 2015. :sunglasses: 👍
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Please?
  • I always kind of hoped the Supply Drop from Battlefield 1 was going to be the new Drop Zone for SWBF2. It seemed like a natural evolution from the "On/Off" switch on Pods to an "AoE Capture" for points. Then SWBF2 launched with neither... total heartbreak. Come on DICE give Supply Drop to SWBF2 you aren't using it in Battlefield and SWBF had it first.

(Tutorial Starts 0:15 On Timeline)
  • Yes for DZ.
    #StarWars-y
  • Ppong_Man12
    2296 posts Member
    edited March 21
    Bump for the best mode ever created imo. We can also add the fan fav cargo while we’re at it.

Short list to keep game alive for the foreseeable future, @EA_Charlemagne

1.DropZone
    2.Cargo
    3.Private matches
    4.FOV slider for consoles(heavy already has it)
    5.map selection

This group would be around long after the herohorders are gone imo if we had the above.
  • I would actually like hero drop zone to be added
    Hech4Lyf!
  • I’ve got some ideas for how it could work.
    Gameplay:
    -instant respawn with squad system enabled
    -no reinforcements at all
    -ten minute timer
    -first team to capture 10 pods wins
    -pods could have items (if balanced)
    -the leader board screen will be similar to the old Extraction one

Maps
    -Yavin IV landing pad
    -Starkiller Base platform
    -Endor garages
    -Jakku first phase
    -Geonosis
    -Kashyyyk
    -not Kamino (it would be madness)

Supply drop items:
    -each item will have a ten percent chance of spawning
    -one can only pick one item from the same drop pod
    -items will have a single use
    -thermal imploder
    -sonic imploder
    -rocket launcher
    -ARC trooper grenade
    -BX-series smoke grenade
    -Iden’s pulse cannon
    -Leia’s Sheild
    -trooper turret
    -the First Order grenade
    -the Ewok grenade
  • Bumped.
    #StarWars-y
  • Played Strike for the first time in months. Really seems like they tried to throw Drop Zone, Sabotage, Infiltration into a blender. I don't think they'll give us Drop Zone again, which is a shame because it was such an exciting and fun mode. Played BF15 this weekend, and loved it. Gave me feels that BF2 just hasn't been able to produce...
  • I.still.remember Dennis ( lol does anyone remember the Man supposedly steering this game ?) pre Beta say they had something exciting that combined BF15 small modes Lol it was just Strike which on it's own does not cut the mustard. 3 into 1 does not go! I play mostly Strike as it's the only marginable skilled mode with some win objective
  • The hordes of hero boys have invaded and taken over bf2.