criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This Is How Broken HVV Is Thanks To Anakin

Prev1
ROMG4
2421 posts Member
Since the release of the Chosen One Update I have spent the past week recording and uploading footage of HVV along with maxing out Anakin. I have come to the conclusion that Anakin is absolutely game-breaking and completely ruins the mode as had the Light-Saber hero spam

Here's some bonus footage of how broken HVV is with saber combat and the impossiblity of having 2v1s with sabers

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
The OOM-9 Thread
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

Replies

• thelasteverjedi
    1478 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Yesterday I played a top tier Anakin and my team of solos were completely outplayed by a team of phasma palpatine vader and kylo on Tatooine. The difference? Phasma's strategically placed droid. Just could not get near their target!
  • Mind you their team were very well coordinated and I was trying to be Anakin thinking he'll be fine as he usually is. But the droid, majorly uneven terrain and OP furniture got in my way big time.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Yesterday I played a top tier Anakin and my team of solos were completely outplayed by a team of phasma palpatine vader and kylo on Tatooine. The difference? Phasma's strategically placed droid. Just could not get near their target!

So you ran into a coordinated PUG in a solo random HVV match

Coordinated and good Pugs>Solo almost regardless of how strong anakin is. Now if it was two Pugs of equal skill I would like to see that result
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • The vids make me love Ani even more.

I could watch hours of footage of Ani pulling Boba/Palps from midair in Mos Eisley.
  • He definitely changed WvV to the worse.

WvV basically just feels like a constant anxiety on if the enemy team picks Anakin, and if they pick him, all you do is watch your back if he’s near you. It’s a mess.

It’s like the absolute new guy got the chance to design a hero and everybody’s like “how tf did he get the job?”
    Make Maul great again.
  • Smattonellus
    512 posts Member
    edited March 6
    @Thechosen1_anakin I agree, especially after the nerf Anakin is strong but not overwhelming in HvV, what breaks the mode are the bugs, magnetic sabers, teleporting strikes and broken block, today was playing and got broken block while being the target, awful, these three things are what needs to be addressed before thinking about heroes.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member

Me going up against a group & topping the leaderboard ahead of anakin as vader. He's fine in HvV

Great Vader gameplay. However you are using the performance of a single Anakin as proof that he is fine in HVV. While the Anakin wasn't bad he did a LOT of mistakes and didn't do nearly enough to help the team which was why he had such a low score of 16,000 points
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • Yeah, my experience has been that he breaks the mode as well. As I have said in other threads, I have played around 50 matches of HvV since the update with random matchmade teams, and hero team has won about 35-38 of them with Anakin topping the leaderboard in about 35 of them and coming in top 3 in all but 2 or 3 of them.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    While Anakin is indeed a game changer, I would disagree that he’s ‘broken’ & ‘completely ruins the mode’

Anakin can tank an entire supply of Boba Rockets in Heroic Might or Retribution and only lose like 150 health

He then turns around and massacres every other villain with the damage of his abilities. He can punish for every little mistake and can't be punished likewise

Every other saber hero can be punished for mistakes yet Anakin is almost without flaw in that regard
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Me going up against a group & topping the leaderboard ahead of anakin as vader. He's fine in HvV

Great Vader gameplay. However you are using the performance of a single Anakin as proof that he is fine in HVV. While the Anakin wasn't bad he did a LOT of mistakes and didn't do nearly enough to help the team which was why he had such a low score of 16,000 points

Okay okay okay that wasn't the best anakin but he wasn't bad. This is me 59 eliminations on tatooine 17 killstreak down 4 to 10. I still say he isn't a problem

This is me & my friends going up against another group & one of them hacked our internet & had us all lagging. Yes he really did like all 3 of us never lagged like that. As anakin had 30k 27 kills & 8 deaths & I still don't think he ruins the mode.

He's a game changer but he doesn't ruin the mode
  • Btw you can just skip to the last 2 minutes of both videos. Shows that both games came down to the wire
  • He *was* broken in GA (haven't tried since the hotfix), but in HvV he's just a powerful light side character that most would say was desperately needed.

He's should still be a powerful hero even without the infinite damage and obscene range of Heroic Might.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    He *was* broken in GA (haven't tried since the hotfix), but in HvV he's just a powerful light side character that most would say was desperately needed.

He's should still be a powerful hero even without the infinite damage and obscene range of Heroic Might.

Nothing has changed in GA. He's still clearing rooms & killing heros easily
    He *was* broken in GA (haven't tried since the hotfix), but in HvV he's just a powerful light side character that most would say was desperately needed.

I'll be playing shortly to see for myself. I had a feeling he'd still be an issue, but at least knowing he can't OHK me through a wall as a full health villain gives me *some* optimism.

People really need to start saving up the extra battle points and countering him with Kylo more often.
    Peepzilla wrote: »

I'll be playing shortly to see for myself. I had a feeling he'd still be an issue, but at least knowing he can't OHK me through a wall as a full health villain gives me *some* optimism.

People really need to start saving up the extra battle points and countering him with Kylo more often.

I mean if you're maul or Palpatine or bossk heck everybody except dooku, grevious, & vader you're still gonna die. Yeah kylo is the only option in GA to even beat him.
  • Stingil
    34 posts Member
    Any naysayer is blatently false. Anakin simply destroys the darkside in HvV. What seems to be not getting through is that even without his fourth ability, he is extremely overpowered. NOBODY is safe. Can break through block, and knock opponent on their ****. Can just pull ranged to his feet, then knock them on their ****. A simple 2 button combo will 9/10 times kill your opponent. Add in a few swings after and it is a guaranteed kill.

There will always be dumbdumbs who wail on you during heroic moment. That alone can still one shot anyone at huge range.

If the only way to deal with the current lightside is with super cheesy abuse of phasma droid, then there is something horribly, horribly wrong.

I just can't think of a weakness for anakin. Nothing leaves him open to attack, not unlike vader's choke. Even a poorly played anakin needs to be severely disadvantaged by circumstances to lose to anyone.
  • Stingil wrote: »
    Any naysayer is blatently false. Anakin simply destroys the darkside in HvV. What seems to be not getting through is that even without his fourth ability, he is extremely overpowered. NOBODY is safe. Can break through block, and knock opponent on their ****. Can just pull ranged to his feet, then knock them on their ****. A simple 2 button combo will 9/10 times kill your opponent. Add in a few swings after and it is a guaranteed kill.

There will always be dumbdumbs who wail on you during heroic moment. That alone can still one shot anyone at huge range.

If the only way to deal with the current lightside is with super cheesy abuse of phasma droid, then there is something horribly, horribly wrong.

I just can't think of a weakness for anakin. Nothing leaves him open to attack, not unlike vader's choke. Even a poorly played anakin needs to be severely disadvantaged by circumstances to lose to anyone.

Uhm no he doesn't destroy dark side teams. I've also played against poorly played anakins & beat good ones. A all saber line up makes him irrelevant. Also kylo is the best hero to counter him in all game modes
  • The vids make me love Ani even more.

I could watch hours of footage of Ani pulling Boba/Palps from midair in Mos Eisley.

This!!!! Lol
  • Stingil wrote: »

Uhm no he doesn't destroy dark side teams. I've also played against poorly played anakins & beat good ones. A all saber line up makes him irrelevant. Also kylo is the best hero to counter him in all game modes

I agree. After playing a ton of HvV since Anakin came out the mode finally feels somewhat balanced. I've absolutely demolished Anakin using Kylo all week long. It helps to take time to learn the counters and of course having a coordinated team, as in any HvV match.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited March 6
    After playing a ton of HvV since Anakin came out the mode finally feels somewhat balanced.

2v6fu5.gif

The closest this mode ever came to being balanced was in February 2018. It has been a growing dumpster fire ever since in balancing

Adding a broken, frustrating and obnoxious hero does not right an imbalance nor does it make the mode more enjoyable
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • So he still needs nerfs is what I’m hearing?

And from what I heard, DICE is at least trying to make this game worth it, so I guess they are trying to own up to their mistakes.
    After playing a ton of HvV since Anakin came out the mode finally feels somewhat balanced.

2v6fu5.gif

The closest this mode ever came to being balanced was in February 2018. It has been a growing dumpster fire ever since in balancing

Adding a broken, frustrating and obnoxious hero does not right an imbalance nor does it make the mode more enjoyable

He's pretty balanced in that mode
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    He definitely changed WvV to the worse.

WvV basically just feels like a constant anxiety on if the enemy team picks Anakin, and if they pick him, all you do is watch your back if he’s near you. It’s a mess.

It’s like the absolute new guy got the chance to design a hero and everybody’s like “how tf did he get the job?”

Sounds like youre just not good and you know it. Hence you living in fear of anakin. Hilarious
  • Jallerman7 wrote: »
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    He definitely changed WvV to the worse.

Sounds like youre just not good and you know it. Hence you living in fear of anakin. Hilarious

Uhm.. no.
    Make Maul great again.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Jallerman7 wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=11855184
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • So then why not just nerf him entirely to the ground then? Since it seems most of the problems are still there.

Better yet, remove his retribution ability entirely from the game.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    So then why not just nerf him entirely to the ground then?

Because that would be completely stupid and absolute overkill
    Since it seems most of the problems are still there.
    The main problem is he is doing far too much damage with his current stats. He needs some tweakings and changes to how some operate. One Idea I have involves having Heavy Strike only knock down Saber heroes who are not blocking and the strike wouldn't knock down Blaster heroes as well
    Better yet, remove his retribution ability entirely from the game.
    Or how about just make it more fair in terms of Hero damage

Removing content is even worse then not adding content. Let's not be stupid
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • Jallerman7
    86 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Stingil wrote: »

Yup, a real nasty nasty Kylo? Wrecks shop on ani
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    While Anakin is indeed a game changer, I would disagree that he’s ‘broken’ & ‘completely ruins the mode’

Yeah he doesn't ruin the mode at all. Makes it a lot better now that he stopped all the maul & boba running.
    Vouch
  • But mostly everyone agrees that he’s annoying to deal with.

Don’t get me wrong, I actually love him as a character, but if he gets this much hate from a game, then just take him out of it so the game can go back to DS finally winning again. Heck, most people even agree that no one of the DS is even remotely powerful.

And if removing him isn’t an option, then yes, nerfing him to the ground is a valid option. The logic of needing to get away from him or don’t shoot him is just annoying. Every casual player won’t do that, and in order to fully stop him, either Kylo or stuns are necessary, which is stupid. The idea of the defense wanting him to still be like this or even somewhat OP is just ridiculous.
  • Colin777
    517 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Since the release of the Chosen One Update I have spent the past week recording and uploading footage of HVV along with maxing out Anakin. I have come to the conclusion that Anakin is absolutely game-breaking and completely ruins the mode as had the Light-Saber hero spam

Here's some bonus footage of how broken HVV is with saber combat and the impossiblity of having 2v1s with sabers

Idk why everyone is so focused on his heroic might, its not the only problem anakin has
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Colin777 wrote: »

Idk why everyone is so focused on his heroic might, its not the only problem anakin has

Agreed. He's even more broken then Darth Vader or launch day Rey was. They were all designed with the intention to be a jack of all trades but all three ended up being the masters of all fields
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • "fair"? Is it fair Grievous/Vader/Dooku toy around with Yoda and Luke, and even Obi every single time?

"far too much damage" with his stats/abilities... ok, Dooku can deal like 360 damage in ONE hit from behind, with duelist and expose weakness plus some cards (I think even without the cards is around 300). Not to mention Duelist has the fastest hitting rate+damage combo.

Now DS players are thinking twice before just trying to button smash LS saber heroes if Anakin is around.
  • Sigh, not another moaner
  • Yesterday I played a top tier Anakin and my team of solos were completely outplayed by a team of phasma palpatine vader and kylo on Tatooine. The difference? Phasma's strategically placed droid. Just could not get near their target!

All it takes is for Anakin to use pull dominance (with extended range) and you can shut down players camping Phasma's droid. At least in my experience.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited March 7
    A good team can destroy Anakin. why do people think they always have it all figured out after just 5 days?

Yes it takes a good team to beat one dude. Do you know how hard it is to find a good team in a HVV pub? On-top of that you also don't acknowledge the scenario where what if the Anakin also has a good team?

If both teams are equally skilled the one with the hero that has better stats then anyone is going to win no matter what because they can do more, punish more, destroy quicker and so forth

But you know don't mind me. You want to accept this garbage band-aid that doesn't fix any of the long standing balances issues the light side has had but give them their own worse version of Palpatine? Then you can accept it, I don't care much anymore. I've been through a year of garbage balancing, of button mash galore and worsening game-play. If you want to delude yourself that they fixed HVV by bringing a Saber hero that can kill Boba but at the cost of worsening the game-play for everyone else

Fine by me

It's not like me complaining will change anything
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • @ROMG4 you're right about Anakin but if we all b***h enough there'll be change lol
    Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

• ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    I guess. I know the re-balance will eventually come. Though from experience I imagine Anakin will probably still be easy mode for about 3 months until they eventually fix him or it could run as long as Palpatine did for like 9 months

I just lost faith in DICE a long time ago and nothing they've done recently has given confidence in them

Except for Grievous. Grievous is cool
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
    I guess. I know the re-balance will eventually come. Though from experience I imagine Anakin will probably still be easy mode for about 3 months until they eventually fix him or it could run as long as Palpatine did for like 9 months

I just lost faith in DICE a long time ago and nothing they've done recently has given confidence in them

Grievous is cool? Yeah you lost me

I do believe Anakin will receive some balance in the later months. But for right now through, it seems most people are content with him after the update.

Just curious through, isn’t the new update gonna change the fundamentals of lightsabers? If so, that could be a nod to Anakin’s combo being somewhat weaken.

@ROMG4
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Grievous is cool? Yeah you lost me

burnt-stay-puft-marshmallow-12516.jpg

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • Raices
    1095 posts Member
    Balanced

A good team can destroy Anakin. why do people think they always have it all figured out after just 5 days?

Yes it takes a good team to beat one dude. Do you know how hard it is to find a good team in a HVV pub? On-top of that you also don't acknowledge the scenario where what if the Anakin also has a good team?
    It takes a good player to beat a good player. Anakin is beatable, very beatable.

That's the nature of pub lobbies, very unbalanced. Nothing is gonna change that. No nerfing or buffing can change the randomness that is matchmaking.
  • hatreds_wrath
    268 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Anakin Finally balanced the game, no more endless chases against Boba fett and Maul! anyone who argues against Anakin is probably one of those professional runners that had there game ruined... good!

Lol you just ruined your own argument by saying It takes a good team to destroy Anakin. Sounds more like you need Anakin to even get kills.

His pull is much needed, but anyone defending his other stupid level op abilities are probably the same people who'd use uber pre nerf Chewie and thought they were gods.