criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

The most useless hero is now Maul

Prev1
RIP Darth Maul

I have repeatedly killed so many Mauls I feel bad. There was a Maul that kept trying, and died about 20 times to me in one match. I had to get psychological help after that match.

Replies

• The easiest hero to kill.
  • DJ1
    31 posts Member
    The easiest hero to kill.

Not in good hands

I wouldn't say he''s the easiest to kill, but he needs a block function and he needs it sooner than later. Maybe he was OK without blocking before the Chosen Chump, but now it's much needed.
  • Deckard112
    567 posts Member
    edited March 8
    DJ1 wrote: »

Not in good hands

I wouldn't say he''s the easiest to kill, but he needs a block function and he needs it sooner than later. Maybe he was OK without blocking before the Chosen Chump, but now it's much needed.

Exactly this.
    I like that he can’t block saber. But his dash needs to go through blocks, his base dmg has to be improved (he has 100 - anakin (damn ) has 145 I believe or even more.)

He also desperately needs a force block now that obi wan and anafucking are here. He’s nothing more but a ragdoll experiment at this point.

Edited to remove swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    Make Maul great again.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »

Not in good hands

Exactly this.
    I like that he can’t block saber. But his dash needs to go through blocks, his base dmg has to be improved (he has 100 - anakin (damn ****) has 145 I believe or even more.)

He also desperately needs a force block now that obi wan and anafucking are here. He’s nothing more but a ragdoll experiment at this point.

His dash used to go through blocks but they stupidly removed that function ages ago

Not in good hands

Exactly this.
    I like that he can’t block saber. But his dash needs to go through blocks, his base dmg has to be improved (he has 100 - anakin (damn ****) has 145 I believe or even more.)

His dash used to go through blocks but they stupidly removed that function ages ago

I didn’t knew that. What a stupid decision wow.
    I highly doubt then that they will undo their mistake. Because that would mean they admit they did one. Which they never would.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Cadoth
    1182 posts Member
    I agree, now that Anakin is in the game I avoid playing as Maul in HvV, but in GA he’s still pretty good though
    Deckard112 wrote: »

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

I highly doubt then that they will undo their mistake. Because that would mean they admit they did one. Which they never would.

They always do stupid nerfs to the dark side. Its sad, yet Yoda can still dash through blocks so why can't Maul?

Not in good hands

Please one pull & he's a volley ball

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

They always do stupid nerfs to the dark side. Its sad, yet Yoda can still dash through blocks so why can't Maul?

Yodas dash has tiny hitbix and way less range.

Making spin go through block is a way to break Maul. Terrible idea.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Break Maul? It worked fine at launch he wasn't broken then and it actually gave him a fighting chance even when he could do that he was still beatable. So no it wouldn't break Maul.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1194 posts Member
    edited March 7

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Break Maul? It worked fine at launch he wasn't broken then and it actually gave him a fighting chance even when he could do that he was still beatable. So no it wouldn't break Maul.

Spin wasn't going through block around launch.

Yes, free 300 damage with low cooldown and such a range would be broken

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Yes it did, it was unblockable and no it wasn't broken. I have to admit I did slaughter Rey at the time but it wasn't broken at all imo. There are heroes that do more than 300, Maul has to make up for it because he has no block.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Yes it did, it was unblockable and no it wasn't broken. I have to admit I did slaughter Rey at the time but it wasn't broken at all imo. There are heroes that do more than 300, Maul has to make up for it because he has no block.

Ok so show me some footage. I just went through my Early access clips and didn't go through block a single time with spin.

Sorry broken mechanics aren't the answer for Mauls problems.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Then show me some footage of spin going through block after launch. I went through my Early access clips of Maul and didnt go through block with spin even once.

And sorry. Broken and abusable mechanics aren't the answer to help character.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Then show me some footage of spin going through block after launch. I went through my Early access clips of Maul and didnt go through block with spin even once.

I don't have footage, ask the other older players they should have some it definitely was.
  • I don’t care if it used to be like that or not. The meta changed with anakin and obi wan and his dash should hit for 75dmg if blocked.
    Make Maul great again.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

I don't have footage, ask the other older players they should have some it definitely was.

I have footage with Maul from early access and spin didn't go through block. With Mauls range/hitbox that would be an issue definitely people speak about.
    I don’t care if it used to be like that or not. The meta changed with anakin and obi wan and his dash should hit for 75dmg if blocked.

Lowering Luke's regen threshold because you press one button is dumb and can't happen. Spin is too good to go through blocks.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

I have footage with Maul from early access and spin didn't go through block. With Mauls range/hitbox that would be an issue definitely people speak about.

Early access is different from the launch like I said regardless of whether he could or couldn't he needs this feature back.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Early access is different from the launch like I said regardless of whether he could or couldn't he needs this feature back.

It was same game during early access as it was around the launch.

He didn't have this ability and with Maul hitbox/range I'll repeat 10th time, it can't happen, will be broken and abusable with FMO and FM.

Honestly, this is so terrible like an idea of Palp shocking people through walls.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

He didn't have this ability and with Maul hitbox/range I'll repeat 10th time, it can't happen, will be broken and abusable with FMO and FM.

Honestly, this is so terrible like an idea of Palp shocking people through walls.

Once again he did, I don't make stuff like this up otherwise what's the point.

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Damn, you are if you can't prove it any way!

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

I'm trying so hard to find footage but I cant I know it's out there somewhere doe but whatever

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

I'm trying so hard to find footage but I cant I know it's out there somewhere doe but whatever

Balance wise this is terrible idea. All Maul players would do would be corner camping and spinning Forever with that range/hitbox of a truck/3rd spin/fool me once.

What I would see on Maul is damage buff for his saber, no stagger on block and high stamina drain while blocking spin. Sorry but straight damage through block with hitbox of a truck is a recipe for a disaster
  • Deckard112
    567 posts Member
    edited March 7

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Balance wise this is terrible idea. All Maul players would do would be corner camping and spinning Forever with that range/hitbox of a truck/3rd spin/fool me once.

What I would see on Maul is damage buff for his saber, no stagger on block and high stamina drain while blocking spin. Sorry but straight damage through block with hitbox of a truck is a recipe for a disaster

Ok dude i gotta say that would really be a very good solution. @F8RGE PLEASE.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Just buff his lightsaber damage, put in a block like a spinning lightsaber and give him a skin
  • Just buff his lightsaber damage, put in a block like a spinning lightsaber and give him a skin

Lol no.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Oh, now maul needs a block, lmao. Took you guys long enough, it's been broken since launch. Him and Yoda both.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Give him 16% damage reduction on stun durations, explosives and hero abilities damage if he uses the starcard Lightsaber defense.

Give him 20 extra saber damage, fix his saber throw hit box and make his dash go through blocks again. lower his choke cooldown and he will be fine!
  • I still do good with him. I just dont fight Ani's. And for some reason his choke throw never works on him.

Not in good hands

That's a funny statement. Yes he's not easy to kill if you take him to the opposite end of the map to build sandcastles.
  • Batman20
    2106 posts Member
    Maul might be the weakest ds saber hero but he's still OK I can still do well with him in HvV
  • GenxDarchi
    7726 posts Member

Not in good hands

Exactly this.

Yeah, you'd just have Maul have to rely on Spin attack even more than he does now.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

Not in good hands

That's a funny statement. Yes he's not easy to kill if you take him to the opposite end of the map to build sandcastles.

No I slaughter people with Darth Maul, especially since the HOK card.

Not in good hands

LOOOOL EXACTLY
    Make Maul great again.
  • Agreed, I feel bad about rag dolling Mauls with Ani so easy :disappointed:

Needs a block, and fix his saber throw. Don't come and tell me "you have to aim" because I freaking do, and I've tried in arcade, the little dot (where I'm supposed to be aiming at) is right in the middle of the chest of the enemy, I throw it and goes through the right shoulder and doesn't hit him, while playing I always need to aim slightly to the right, but is a freaking mess in the middle of everyone shooting and slashing at you.

Need to be careful if any buff on Maul happens, also Luke desperately needs one (at least Luke can block and dash for ages making him extremely difficult to kill)
  • freshseth83
    486 posts Member
    edited March 7
    He needs more health and a block and a higher damage on his saber. If they add stamina to him he'll have a block. If that's the case he'll need a buff to damage because he'll be a low-stamina hero because of his dash's speed. I think it's just logical to conclude he'll have a very short or low block stamina so the right thing to do would be buff his damage and please fix his saber throw, give it a small homing ability or give it a slightly larger hitbox. His choke is worthless in GA unless you're in a bind and have no saber dash's left. The only thing I use it for is to throw chasing heroes away from me.
  • He needs more health and a block and a higher damage on his saber. If they add stamina to him he'll have a block. If that's the case he'll need a buff to damage because he'll be a low-stamina hero because of his dash's speed. I think it's just logical to conclude he'll have a very short or low block stamina so the right thing to do would be buff his damage and please fix his saber throw, give it a small homing ability or give it a slightly larger hitbox. His choke is worthless in GA unless you're in a bind and have no saber dash's left. The only thing I use it for is to throw chasing heroes away from me.

I personally think he needs no block. Just more health, fix his throw, make his dash burn more of the enemy stamina & increase his base dmg from 100 to 125.

MAYBE he could need a force block.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Unwarycoin
    6416 posts Member
    His spin does need to go through blocks, it has no advantages otherwise.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • You cannot break block on maul without using your regular saber damage and getting repelled for free damage. It's broken.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Give him a block and buff his damage a little. End of discussion.
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    I guess you could say he's been

MAULED
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Give him a block and buff his damage a little. End of discussion.

buff maul this way:
    Give him force block.
    +75 health.
    Base damage increase 100 to 120
    Fix his throw.
    Make his dash drain more stamina if blocked.

That’s all.
    Make Maul great again.
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    AGREED. Maul needs to be buffed, I’ve seen several good ideas from people on the forums now all the devs need to do is pick and choose and implement them soon, like before July soon.
  • GenxDarchi
    7726 posts Member
    You cannot break block on maul without using your regular saber damage and getting repelled for free damage. It's broken.

He needs a block at this point, a better saber throw, a better choke, and less reliance on his dash attacks.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• GenxDarchi wrote: »
    You cannot break block on maul without using your regular saber damage and getting repelled for free damage. It's broken.

He needs a block at this point, a better saber throw, a better choke, and less reliance on his dash attacks.

Yeah I been passing maul around like crazy in HvV
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Maul and Yoda are now equal compared to everyone else, now he can experience the misery too. Yoda is still more useful though because of presence and his block breaker. Grievy and Dookdu have made playing Yoda in HvV tedious, now that Kylo was buffed and Anakin is here it just really highlights the issue that they can't block
    Post edited by Lagodaki on
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Jaku
    205 posts Member
    Seems like Palpatine is hit much harder by anakins existence to me, Anakin is a hard counter to him at least Maul can maybe dash away once he's pulled. I don't think Palpatine has any options against an Anakin on the other team.