criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Most bizzare or out of place feature in Disney's SW

Prev1
TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited March 7
If you were to pick one thing you think is really stands out as a fail in the ST movies, what would you pick? Telepathic space phonecalls by Snoke, weaponized kamikadze hyperspace, Luke becoming a mentally traumatized runaway hermit or something else? Please add more things you feel don't belong in the established SW universe.

Space phone calls would probably be my pick but weaponized hyperspace is also a close tie. The way it works is through navigation systems that first chart out a safe path in the galaxies to prevent collisions. Trying to ram ships by going into hyperspace wouldn't work as navigation systems wouldn't allow it.
Post edited by TheStalker88 on

Replies

• Also gotta add Han's ship exiting hyperspace while passing through the shield but hey, that can just be a very advanced navigation scanning system only exclusive to the falcon so it's semi plausible.

There's also Crait with no shield generator. Why wouldnt the First Order just barrage them from space and drive them out into the open for epic rebel crushing?
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    The biggest fail to me is how inept the militarys are.

Bombad General Jar Jar could take the FO.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Yeah that too. FO couldve just cut them off by sending more destroyers through hyperspace
  • Resistance being less armed then Crime syndicates or even space pirates.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Sarcasm. At least in the original and prequel trilogies it was kept moderate so it was funny when it did happen. but in all the Disney movies that have come out since it is just a constant stream of goofy, millennial geared comebacks and backtalk and it's annoying.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Because militaries were never inept in Episodes 1-6...
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Because militaries were never inept in Episodes 1-6...

It has steadily gotten worse. At least the other factions had a semblance that they knew what they were doing.

h846398gb27k.png

• If you were to pick one thing you think is really stands out as a fail in the ST movies, what would you pick? Telepathic space phonecalls by Snoke, weaponized kamikadze hyperspace, Luke becoming a mentally traumatized runaway hermit or something else? Please add more things you feel don't belong in the established SW universe.

Space phone calls would probably be my pick but weaponized hyperspace is also a close tie. The way it works is through navigation systems that first chart out a safe path in the galaxies to prevent collisions. Trying to ram ships by going into hyperspace wouldn't work as navigation systems wouldn't allow it.

Yes, but Rebels tells of how there were space creatures that would fly into hyperspace trails and destroys ships. So that would be plausible. The biggest mistake was the milk scene.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • LOL, when I was a kid, people made the exact same comments about the Emperor’s force lightning in RotJ. Things that ”doesn’t belong in Star Wars” has been talked about since ESB... The ST-films haven’t done anything the five films before them didn’t do, when it comes to introducing new features to the franchise.

But I’ll join the true purists then I suppose, and say Snoke’s force lightning in TLJ.

And since the title says ”Disney’s SW”, I’ll add that blind dude in RO, walking safely through elite soldier fire, chanting some ridiculous force chant.
  • Why are the first order helmets so big? Compare the size of their helmets to all past designs. Their helmets are giant.
  • Leia's force powers. Would've loved to see them in action in a better way but space flying? That was awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Like Anakin love dialogue uncomfortable.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Why are the first order helmets so big? Compare the size of their helmets to all past designs. Their helmets are giant.

Yes! The helmets! Where is the sleek, modest helmet design of the Empire??

Like these:

Original-ROTJ-Imperial-guard-005.jpg

latest?cb=20151126204427

TIE%20and%20ATAT%20wide.jpg

What, are you kidding me? Lol.
  • Leia's force powers. Would've loved to see them in action in a better way but space flying? That was awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Like Anakin love dialogue uncomfortable.

I know this scene is divisive, but I never saw it as ”flying”, but rather her using the sort of magnetic pulling we’ve seen several times before in the movies (Luke force pulling his lightsaber, Vader pulling Han’s pistol etc.), with the effect of her floating in space towards the air hatch. I really liked it.
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    Why are the first order helmets so big? Compare the size of their helmets to all past designs. Their helmets are giant.

Like these:

latest?cb=20151126204427

The Empire helmets had sad, angry faces! The FO helmets have smiley, happy faces!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Why are the first order helmets so big? Compare the size of their helmets to all past designs. Their helmets are giant.

Like these:

latest?cb=20151126204427

The Empire helmets had sad, angry faces! The FO helmets have smiley, happy faces!

Of course they do, they are worthless dizney villains

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ wrote: »

Like these:

latest?cb=20151126204427

They are happy to be in great films, obviously, and that they are so neat and streamlined compared to their Empire counterparts. Look how mopey that at-at driver looks! It’s because his helmet is so big.
  • I’ll also add ”Be careful, not to choke on your aspirations, Director.” - Vader while choking the Director in RO... omg... Up there with the worst lines in the franchise. Overall Vader was just a big fan service prop in the movie. A waste.
  • Holdo.
    The odd choice to make the sequel a week later, stunting any sort of growth for our protagonist trio.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....

Like these:

I more meant in terms of ground troopers comparing them to phase 1/2 clones and storm troopers.

uec8x92l3t95.jpg
  • Starkiller Base.
    Where did they put all the soil they dug out around Starkiller's equator?
    And how come everybody can watch the Hosnian destruction in real time from different places across the galaxy?
    The scale just doesn't seem right when they look up in the sky from Takodana and they see the planetary constellation light up like everything was in the same planetary system?
    While if it's not the same planetary system it would take years for the spectacle to be visible in the Takodana sky.
  • If Starkiller blew up Neptune we'd probably just see a tiny flicker in the sky...
    If we knew where to look...
    And only in the nightsky... not at daylight.
  • Iceninja
    419 posts Member
    edited March 15
    LOL, when I was a kid, people made the exact same comments about the Emperor’s force lightning in RotJ. Things that ”doesn’t belong in Star Wars” has been talked about since ESB... The ST-films haven’t done anything the five films before them didn’t do, when it comes to introducing new features to the franchise.

But I’ll join the true purists then I suppose, and say Snoke’s force lightning in TLJ.

And since the title says ”Disney’s SW”, I’ll add that blind dude in RO, walking safely through elite soldier fire, chanting some ridiculous force chant.

Do you mean Chirrut Imwe, because I think he was awesome, long with rouge one. I liked Rouge One because it was not all about Jedi and Sith. It showed more about the Empires pure military might side. It also should the smaller rebellions and what they were like. Finally it showed that the force is not used just by Jedi, there also Star Wars religions.

Also for your information, Chirrut was not chanting he was saying [in quotes] “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the force wills it to be.”
    Post edited by Iceninja on
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Starkiller Base.
    And how come everybody can watch the Hosnian destruction in real time from different places across the galaxy?
    The scale just doesn't seem right when they look up in the sky from Takodana and they see the planetary constellation light up like everything was in the same planetary system?
    While if it's not the same planetary system it would take years for the spectacle to be visible in the Takodana sky.

Tonight on ”Dreary Discussions about Star Wars:

”Where did they put all the soil they dug out around Starkiller's equator?”

We also thouroghly discuss the septic tank on the Millenium Falcon, and whether it should be considered a plot hole or not.

Tune in.

Like these:

I more meant in terms of ground troopers comparing them to phase 1/2 clones and storm troopers.

uec8x92l3t95.jpg

I never realized how similar Phase 2 Clone armor is to Imperial Stormtrooper armor.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »

Like these:

uec8x92l3t95.jpg

I never realized how similar Phase 2 Clone armor is to Imperial Stormtrooper armor.

Well, the helmets look similar, I wonder if the Empire retooled the Clone helmet when designing the Stormtrooper armor?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Iceninja
    419 posts Member
    edited March 15
    The weirdiest part of Disney Star Wars: they put Golem in a gold and shiny bath robe and called him Gollem “Supreme Leader” Snoke.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    The weirdiest part of Disney Star Wars: they put Golem in a gold and shiny bath robe and called him Gollem “Supreme Leader” Snoke.

It pretty much clarifies Snoke's background though.
    After Gollum got the ring and fell into the lava, he fused with the one ring and became a powerful force user with a disfigured face (from the lava burns of course).
    He decided not to go by the name of the creature Gollum anymore and started to humbly call himself:
    Smeagol the New One King and Emperor.
    He founded the FO from the remains of the Empire and the ring ghosts became his pretorian guards.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    Starkiller Base.

They did make the Star Wars universe seem so much smaller with that scene.

h846398gb27k.png

• And how come everybody can watch the Hosnian destruction in real time from different places across the galaxy?

They actually expand on this in the TFA novelization. It’s due to the technology used by the FO, not because they are close to eachother:

”…those of us assigned to the base heard rumors that it doesn't operate in what we'd call normal hyperspace. It fires through a hole in the continuum that it makes itself. Everybody was calling it 'sub'-hyperspace.”

-Finn

Wookieepedia also statss as canon that ”the Hosnian Cataclysm in 34 ABY revealed a strange side-effect of sub-hyperspace: the vast quantities of energy released by firing of Starkiller Base had the ability to create a temporary rip in sub-hyperspace, allowing the Hosnian system's destruction to be viewed from across the galaxy as it happened.”

So, that’s why. Scale is still huge and right.
  • And how come everybody can watch the Hosnian destruction in real time from different places across the galaxy?

They actually expand on this in the TFA novelization. It’s due to the technology used by the FO, not because they are close to eachother:

”…those of us assigned to the base heard rumors that it doesn't operate in what we'd call normal hyperspace. It fires through a hole in the continuum that it makes itself. Everybody was calling it 'sub'-hyperspace.”

-Finn

Wookieepedia also statss as canon that ”the Hosnian Cataclysm in 34 ABY revealed a strange side-effect of sub-hyperspace: the vast quantities of energy released by firing of Starkiller Base had the ability to create a temporary rip in sub-hyperspace, allowing the Hosnian system's destruction to be viewed from across the galaxy as it happened.”

Interesting.
    I can accept that.
    Thank you.
  • Iceninja wrote: »

It pretty much clarifies Snoke's background though.
    After Gollum got the ring and fell into the lava, he fused with the one ring and became a powerful force user with a disfigured face (from the lava burns of course).
    He decided not to go by the name of the creature Gollum anymore and started to humbly call himself:
    Smeagol the New One King and Emperor.
    He founded the FO from the remains of the Empire and the ring ghosts became his pretorian guards.

I did not even think about that part. You must be a genius to come up with that Acronym [unless you copied it off the internet.]

”…those of us assigned to the base heard rumors that it doesn't operate in what we'd call normal hyperspace. It fires through a hole in the continuum that it makes itself. Everybody was calling it 'sub'-hyperspacne.”

-Finn

This is true. Have you ever read the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Novelization by Alan Dean Foster. It is way better than the movie and it explains Star Killer Base.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member

-Finn

I can accept that reasoning.

But...

How did the FO effectively take over the Galaxy in a week?

It took the Empire years to finish cleaning up after the Clone Wars and some of the Rebellion factions were old Separatist hold outs.

h846398gb27k.png

-Finn

But...

It took the Empire years to finish cleaning up after the Clone Wars and some of the Rebellion factions were old Separatist hold outs.

Because, and again according to canon sources:

...”with the loss of the senate and the Hosnian System, the New Republic lost its leadership and its entire home fleet, which, due to the Military Disarmament Act, was the majority of the Republic military.

Because of this military and political imbalance, the New Republic was virtually helpless as the First Order fleet spread across the galaxy. The few Republic military forces that remained were completely outclassed and destroyed by the First Order, which had spend thirty years training and preparing for this war, while the New Republic military stagnated in peace.
  • Not really a feature, but not uniting the OT trio one last time seems like a huge missed opportunity to me
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Not really a feature, but not uniting the OT trio one last time seems like a huge missed opportunity to me

I would once like to see all the new heroes go on a mission together.
    Rey, Poe, Finn, Rose, Chewie and the droids all heading the same way to do the same thing.

I would once like to see all the new heroes go on a mission together.
    Rey, Poe, Finn, Rose, Chewie and the droids all heading the same way to do the same thing.

Not sure about Rose and Chewie, but I think there has been some leaks putting Rey, Finn and Poe together on the Millenium Falcon atleast.

-Finn

But...

You care about this when Emperor Palpatine transformed the Republic to a Galatic Empire in 15 minutes flat? I say they could have done it faster. The New Republic was failing.
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »

-Finn

But...

You care about this when Emperor Palpatine transformed the Republic to a Galatic Empire in 15 minutes flat? I say they could have done it faster. The New Republic was failing.

Not all systems and planets accepted the Empire though. Reading Tarkin and Catalyst, that brings up parts where planets didn't take up with the Empire.

That said though, I have no issue with the FO taking over. The New Republic set itself up to lose. That's why Leia formed the Resistance.
  • Not everyone accepted the republic though, because there is always haters.
  • DCDT
    155 posts Member
    Kyber crystals / Sith having to "bleed" them
  • i think kylo ren's force freeze is bogus, no jedi or sith has that power. plus it probably doesn't help that i hate and despise the so called new trilogy. aka 7, 8, and 9. and ray's no jedi she's a jedi want a be. there's no one in star wars that has more power ability then luke and anakin from the start and with no training. it ticks me off what they did with star wars. im a big disney fan, but what they did to star wars is blasphemy.

any one else agree that the new trilogy sucks, if so feel free to comment.

by the way i did love rogue one and solo.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member

-Finn

But...

...”with the loss of the senate and the Hosnian System, the New Republic lost its leadership and its entire home fleet, which, due to the Military Disarmament Act, was the majority of the Republic military.

Because of this military and political imbalance, the New Republic was virtually helpless as the First Order fleet spread across the galaxy. The few Republic military forces that remained were completely outclassed and destroyed by the First Order, which had spend thirty years training and preparing for this war, while the New Republic military stagnated in peace.

Still don't buy it, some planets would have resisted.

I could understand going after the resistance 1st, but not that everyone in the galaxy just lied down and surrendered.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6561 posts Member

-Finn

But...

I could understand going after the resistance 1st, but not that everyone in the galaxy just lied down and surrendered.

I guess we don't know enough about it at the same time - who's to say the New Republic only authorized their army/navy fleet as the only army allowed in the galaxy, and banned any local militaries? If that makes sense. Just theorizing.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

-Finn

But...

I guess we don't know enough about it at the same time - who's to say the New Republic only authorized their army/navy fleet as the only army allowed in the galaxy, and banned any local militaries? If that makes sense. Just theorizing.

But where did they get the time to planet hop and effectively take over?

The rest of the New Republic should be planning on what to do.

If they left a few months between 7 & 8, I could buy it, but 7 & 8 cover a week :/

h846398gb27k.png

• Empire_TW
    6435 posts Member
    Dave Filoni Time Machine
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Dave Filoni Time Machine

That's not really Disney, that is Filoni.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Dave Filoni Time Machine

That's not really Disney, that is Filoni.

I'm thinking if George Lucas still owned Lucasfilm odds are Dave wouldn't have had the power to implement such idea or if the story that is told by the Rebels series would have happened at all.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • i think kylo ren's force freeze is bogus, no jedi or sith has that power. plus it probably doesn't help that i hate and despise the so called new trilogy. aka 7, 8, and 9. and ray's no jedi she's a jedi want a be. there's no one in star wars that has more power ability then luke and anakin from the start and with no training. it ticks me off what they did with star wars. im a big disney fan, but what they did to star wars is blasphemy.

any one else agree that the new trilogy sucks, if so feel free to comment.

by the way i did love rogue one and solo.

All the force users do though. It is basically like moving something, but you are just idiling with that power. It looks hard an unique, but it really not.