criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

March Community Calendar

Prev13
EA_Charlemagne
48 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 8
zv4jgv834gzv.png

We're saving the name of the new game mode until we can properly reveal it in a CT/blog. Stay tuned for that!

Edit: Reinforcements are still coming!

Replies

• Darth_Vapor3
    3084 posts Member
    edited March 8
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Good, not content restricting events, keep it that way.

Told you we heard you, although please don't think that this will be the last of those events - they are played and are quite popular, but it doesn't mean that improvements can't be made around them.

As always, we do appreciate the constant ongoing feedback around those sort of events :)

Hear that, @Empire_TW?

“...the constant and ongoing feedback...”.

Nice work. Keep it up.
  • “Players will be able to fight across the surface of a planet and take down capital ships to secure victory.”

A planet...?

Come on... ! Geez!

Good catch. Genosis will be the only game mode available. Quite a disappointment but I’m use to it. Wish we could of gotten at least a couple more maps with it but you can’t get everything in life.
  • Is there really only one map coming to this game mode?” Play on the surface of (a) planet”
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

Told you we heard you, although please don't think that this will be the last of those events - they are played and are quite popular, but it doesn't mean that improvements can't be made around them.

As always, we do appreciate the constant ongoing feedback around those sort of events :)

Hear that, @Empire_TW?

“...the constant and ongoing feedback...”.

Nice work. Keep it up.

Didn't work for EoR MM

You win some, you lose some. They put a lot of effort into MM. The weekend events...
  • ID_8615
    540 posts Member
    Good catch. Genosis will be the only game mode available. Quite a disappointment but I’m use to it. Wish we could of gotten at least a couple more maps with it but you can’t get everything in life.

"Capital ships" .. you see those on Hoth, Kashyyyk, Naboo (in the sky..), & Jakku (...that junkyard), as well as Geonosis.

• I am confused. What mode?
  • Billkwando wrote: »

Night versions of all maps confirmed! :p

Where are the lightsaber changes?

Will we get actual triple xp for hero starfighters, or will this be another "you actually already get double xp already so this will actually be 1.5% xp"-type deals? Because I can tell you, that was a huge disappointment and was very little help in leveling up my ships.

Yes, I was very disappointed last time we had the really-only-1.5X Hero Starfighter event. I was expecting the same level up speed you get in HvV with 3X.
  • At least they put it out before the end of March. Low expectations.
  • And I can't wait to chill in dookus pjs.
  • Alwe15
    505 posts Member
    Absolutely gutted that the New Mode comes the day I leave the Country for a month. Plus the 3XP I'm missing out on.
  • I have hope for the new mode and looking forward to it.

I'm still bitter from not being fairly reimbursed for the credits I spent to purchase Vader and the others last year after you made them free. And for basically giving away the Leia Endor skin with an easy challenge after I purchased it.

But, I must give you devs props for fairly reimbursing my clone skin purchases after making them free. Thank you for that. Since I don't play often anymore, those credits are appreciated.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    New mode...yay!!

"A planet" probably meaning one map only....booo
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Jaku
    205 posts Member
    No weekend events taking out most of the maps? No dumb cheap enforcers, Eras or Heroes unleashed ****? I can just play the video game I like? This is a good month.
  • Cadoth
    925 posts Member
    Is the new skin for Ani still coming?
  • Cadoth
    925 posts Member
    What about the new lightsaber combat???????????

CT next week about it, so yes, it’s still coming
  • Phyxsius
    356 posts Member
    So no pink Vader, but are we getting Dooku's pjs?

I assume you exhausted all other less childish ideas for hero skins by now, like Jango Fett skin for Boba.
  • It's quite confusing reading this, will the new game mode feature Space Combat or not?

Will this be strictly a ground based game mode?

As seen in the Geonosis concept art and already having to fight inside a Venator Class Star Destroyer on GA Kashyyyk map, we can see that just because we have Capital ships it doesn't mean they have to be in space in order to play inside them.

What worries me is that after so much hype and anticipation of boarding Capital Ships we're looking here at capturing points on the ground, just to see an end of a game cinematic, like the one on Geonosis or some of them from Star Fighter Assault. I hope I'm wrong, but if that's the case, while I do appreciate the fact that this will the be a non-linear objective based game mode, it would be very disappointing.

Personally I've been looking forward for so long for a game mode that could finally combine both Galactic and Starfighter Assault gameplay into one. Where both the pilots and the infantry had to depend on each other to win the battle in meaningful ways, where each one had their own important objectives that controlled the outcome of the match. Please DICE don't let us down, or at least know that this is something that, I hope others here as well, want to see in the future.

Would be cool if you could clarify some of this, to avoid confusion and false expectations from the player base and the community. Best of luck.
  • Love this NEW GAMEMODE already! Great job.
  • I think I will be bored of the new mode if it's just one map. And geonosis isn't even a very good map. Looks beautiful but plays badly...let's see though. It's the most excited iv been for a game update in 6 months.
  • Dooku sleepwear? So he'll be in his pyjamas?
  • T0TALfps wrote: »

Well let's not get carried away. We have no way of knowing if you were planning not to do a CW only playlist again this month whether everyone complained or not.

We will know if you really heard us when you find a way of doing your era locked playlists without restricting content for everyone.

Thank you for being involved in the discussion though. Like the calendar.
  • You win some, you lose some. They put a lot of effort into MM. The weekend events...

I beg to differ with you on that point. I believe the reverse and agree with Empire_TW. I won't say any more as I don't want to run afoul of the forums terms of use.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Based on what has been posted by the Devs over on Reddit, people keep assuming it is just one map. However the posts lead me to believe it is more you will be, like on GAS, just playing one planet at a time. For example, if the round starts on Jakku you won't be able to travel mid-round to say Geonosis.

That said I suggest everyone wait for the Community Transmission on the new mode that will spell a lot of this out. Until it drops, I dare say most questions will go unanswered by the Devs.

Sensible
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Nah, lets just try this

@EA_Charlemagne can you say whether its one planet only at launch of the mode or more than one?

Hahaha. I admire your efforts
  • i cannot believe dooku will get his pyjama skin. since launch we asked for luke skins. how can this happened ? luke on tattoine, luke on dagobah, last jedi etc

thanks for the XP events, specially on starfighers . i really hope the new mode is ready and not a beta version of it will be release in march
  • “Players will be able to fight across the surface of a planet and take down capital ships to secure victory.”

A planet...?

Come on... ! Geez!

Calm down, people. It was a simple typo. It should have read...

“Players will be able to fight across the surface of a Pizza Planet...

...of which there are multiple locations. ;)
  • It will be Titan mode/ carrier assault and if only for one map and no hints of more coming then it's doomed to fail