criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Goofy ridiculous pajamas skin, but Luke gets nothing

JackTHorn
3743 posts Member
Luke Skywalker, arguably the central hero of the entire franchise, has no decent skins at all (the Hoth skin should never have been a skin in the first place, it should have been the free automatic default for Hoth like it was in the last game). But we're getting Count Dooku in his PJs??

I heard the rumors of this a month ago, but I assumed it had to be a joke... even they couldn't do something this ridiculous. Right? Right??

Are they just trying to make this game look more and more awful with every update???

Replies

• SWymsa
    967 posts Member
    It's RP man, Dooku slept in for the clone wars.
    • The game has alot of new players in recent months. The new players picked up the game because prequel content started releasing.
    • Much of the the old playerbase has hundreds of thousands of credits banked up, so they're not likely to buy crystals to buy skins with. The new players however have very few credits and therefore are more likely to buy crystals than the old players are.
    • The new players bought the game because Clone Wars/prequel era content started being added, so it makes sense for DICE to prioritize skins for the new prequel era characters.
    • EA's only way to make money from Battlefront 2 DLC is selling skins, so DICE would obviously prioritize the skins that have the most chance of being bought with crystals by the new players.

All of that being said, I do believe that once Dooku and Anakin each receive their 3rd skin (Pajama for Dooku and most likely General Skywalker for Anakin) that DICE will go back and give us some skins for the older heroes/villains, hopefully anyway. My ideas for the skins they should do next are in this thread: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131775/these-hero-skins-should-be-the-next-hero-skins-that-dice-releases-after-march#latest
  • Piscettios
    6075 posts Member
    Ok, time to summon @Jaywal and put a stop to the Dooku PJs hate once and for all.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Ok, time to summon @Jaywal and put a stop to the Dooku PJs hate once and for all.
    Nah. If they want to put a stop to the Dooku PJ's hate once and for all, they should cancel the skin and give us something even halfway decent instead.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    • The game has alot of new players in recent months. The new players picked up the game because prequel content started releasing.
    • Much of the the old playerbase has hundreds of thousands of credits banked up, so they're not likely to buy crystals to buy skins with. The new players however have very few credits and therefore are more likely to buy crystals than the old players are.
    • The new players bought the game because Clone Wars/prequel era content started being added, so it makes sense for DICE to prioritize skins for the new prequel era characters.
    • EA's only way to make money from Battlefront 2 DLC is selling skins, so DICE would obviously prioritize the skins that have the most chance of being bought with crystals by the new players.
    I have nothing against new skins coming from the Clone Wars. But of the twenty amazing CW skins I can think of off the to of my head -- that people have ACTUALLY REQUESTED -- they pick Dooku in PJs?? Terrible.

People did request the Pajama skin though:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/127013/from-serenno-with-style-dooku-pjs-in-the-men-s-sleepware-section-soon#latest

And that is just the thread on this forum, alot of people asked for it on both the Battlefront Reddit and Ben Walke's twitter if I'm not mistaken.
  • JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I have nothing against new skins coming from the Clone Wars. But of the twenty amazing CW skins I can think of off the to of my head -- that people have ACTUALLY REQUESTED -- they pick Dooku in PJs?? Terrible.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/127013/from-serenno-with-style-dooku-pjs-in-the-men-s-sleepware-section-soon#latest

And that is just the thread on this forum, alot of people asked for it on both the Battlefront Reddit and Ben Walke's twitter if I'm not mistaken.
    That thread was a joke, an ironic post. Had me cracking up, especially with the added request for Chewbacca Life Day Robes from the horrid Holiday Special. Surely anyone looking at that thread knows it was tongue in cheek, an ironic reaction the first hints dropped about this IDI0TIC skin.

Gods, did they take it seriously? Is that why we're getting this trash waste of time skin that will actively make the game look even worse?
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    In All of the Entire and Amazing Star Wars Universe, It's Count PooPoo... What an Unispiring Flunky Patsy.
    Count PooPoo deserves receiving his pajamas and should wear them 'proudly.'

So many more inspiring characters than Count PooPoo.

0b3483y5kfet.jpg
  • Have to agree. Development time went into this over ANH Leia or Luke skins.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

That thread was a joke, an ironic post. Had me cracking up, especially with the added request for Chewbacca Life Day Robes from the horrid Holiday Special. Surely anyone looking at that thread knows it was tongue in cheek, an ironic reaction the first hints dropped about this IDI0TIC skin.

Gods, did they take it seriously? Is that why we're getting this trash waste of time skin that will actively make the game look even worse?

Some of the people that posted their "support" in that thread were just joking, but others were serious. And as I said, they received requests for the skin on reddit and twitter as well.

Also, Dooku only had 3 outfits in canon if I'm not mistaken, and 1 of those 3 is his Pajama outfit, so the only way to have 2 purchasable skins for Dooku was to add his pajama skin.
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    edited March 8
    i2CRE8TOR wrote: »
    In All of the Entire and Amazing Star Wars Universe, It's Count PooPoo... What an Unispiring Flunky Patsy.

2vklm7.jpg

He who insults Sir. Lee shall pay the price!

1_02T-vQ9PslOOQwm2a-nJFw.0.gif

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member

Dooku only had 3 outfits in canon if I'm not mistaken, and 1 of those 3 is his Pajama outfit, so the only way to have 2 purchasable skins for Dooku was to add his pajama skin.
    The-Clone-Wars-Count-Dooku-With-Speeder-Bike_Big_6.jpg

Dooku only had 3 outfits in canon if I'm not mistaken, and 1 of those 3 is his Pajama outfit, so the only way to have 2 purchasable skins for Dooku was to add his pajama skin.

Me: *Gets Hooded Yoda flashbacks.*
  • JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member
    JediJulius wrote: »

Me: *Gets Hooded Yoda flashbacks.*
    Still better than nighty-night clothes
  • You don’t want him to get out the wrong side of bed...
  • ZmanGames
    473 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense that we get PJ Dooku but not even something as simple a hooded Maul. Not to mention there are at least a few other Dooku skins we could have gotten as well.

Shrouded:
    1vgk6txh7za5.png
    (Hooded Dooku)

The Count:
    rdcc18zvegy5.png
    (This is one of Dooku's regular outfits from The Clone Wars, it is essentially capeless Dooku but with a much larger belt and different hue for his clothing)

Tyranus:
    exxnidm2m6co.png
    (This is the Shrouded skin but with the hood down, this isn't the same as his default skin because A. His default doesn't have a hood. B. The belt and hue of the clothing are different.

Fallen Jedi:
    Front:
    84qwosy1dbif.png

Back:
    wuazeuh8vc66.png
    This is the outfit Dooku used to wear when he was a Jedi, as seen in Season 6 of TCW during Yoda's testing.

DICE is reluctant to give us a Darth Vader Battle-Damaged skin that doesn't break canon but it's fine for Count Dooku to head into battle in his pajamas? I'm not saying this skin shouldn't be in the game, but we should have definitely gotten capeless Dooku before it and now there is little excuse to not include a lot of the other requested skins.
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense that we get PJ Dooku but not even something as simple a hooded Maul. Not to mention there are at least a few other Dooku skins we could have gotten as well.

Shrouded:
    1vgk6txh7za5.png
    (Hooded Dooku)

The Count:
    rdcc18zvegy5.png
    (This is one of Dooku's regular outfits from The Clone Wars, it is essentially capeless Dooku but with a much larger belt and different hue for his clothing)

Tyranus:
    exxnidm2m6co.png
    (This is the Shrouded skin but with the hood down, this isn't the same as his default skin because A. His default doesn't have a hood. B. The belt and hue of the clothing are different.

Fallen Jedi:
    Front:
    84qwosy1dbif.png

Back:
    wuazeuh8vc66.png
    This is the outfit Dooku used to wear when he was a Jedi, as seen in Season 6 of TCW during Yoda's testing.

DICE is reluctant to give us a Darth Vader Battle-Damaged skin that doesn't break canon but it's fine for Count Dooku to head into battle in his pajamas? I'm not saying this skin shouldn't be in the game, but we should have definitely gotten capeless Dooku before it and now there is little excuse to not include a lot of the other requested skins.
    WELL SAID.
  • Piscettios
    6075 posts Member

Thread was started well before any hints or data mining was done.
    eevpv1b2xfz2.png

Also did a pretty good thread for all the Luke possible skins, that got MANY more supportive posts and that got us nowhere. 😓
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Some of the people that posted their "support" in that thread were just joking, but others were serious. And as I said, they received requests for the skin on reddit and twitter as well.

Also, Dooku only had 3 outfits in canon if I'm not mistaken, and 1 of those 3 is his Pajama outfit, so the only way to have 2 purchasable skins for Dooku was to add his pajama skin.

He has 7 outfits in canon

1. Hooded
    2. Hood down
    3. His old Jedi outfit
    4. His capeless appearance from TCW with the larger belt

And of course, the 2 that are already in-game plus the pajamas skin
    5. His Episode II/III appearance Sith Lord
    6. His Dark Ritual appearance
    7. Exquisite Pajamas.

I have made a comment above that shows all of the ones that aren't in the game(1-4)
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • Maybe Dooku is going for the Hugh Hefner look.

i3iz08phlb3p.png

• i2CRE8TOR wrote: »

0b3483y5kfet.jpg
    5lcjcr4eums6.jpeg

Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • This is possibly the lamest hero skin they have thrown into this game....and especially at this point in the game where we would like a Bespin Luke more than anything.....which had been REQUESTED constantly since March 2016.

With their precious limited time and man hours.....Dooku in pajamas. Is this for REAL???
  • This is possibly the lamest hero skin they have thrown into this game.

Young Lando skins take that cake.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    This is possibly the lamest hero skin they have thrown into this game.

I would say bandaged Chewbacca, lol.
  • Piscettios wrote: »

Definitely Lando's Hawaii vacation alt.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Honestly wish this lot would would forget skins and fix what needs to be fixed.
  • hopefully its still better then his other lame skin that I have not bothered to buy because as I said its lame.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • SWymsa
    967 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    hopefully its still better then his other lame skin that I have not bothered to buy because as I said its lame.

True, same. Hell I haven't even bothered to unlock Anakin yet :smiley:
  • Maybe they should just give us a sleepwear skin for all the characters. Shirtless Kilo Ren, The Emperor dressed in Scrooge's pajamas, Luke in a tank top and boxer shorts, etc.

What do you think? :D
  • i don't get it but i guess it's better than throwing a bandage on chewie's arm or goggles on his face. maybe not better but at least less lazy.

makes no sense to me
    PSN: computerson
  • Honestly, it's better than Dark Ritual.
  • Spergicide wrote: »
    Maybe they should just give us a sleepwear skin for all the characters. Shirtless Kilo Ren, The Emperor dressed in Scrooge's pajamas, Luke in a tank top and boxer shorts, etc.

What do you think? :D

Ben Swolo and Space diapers Luke, do it.
  • I've come to peace with the fact that nothing but child cartoons are ever ever coming now, it's far too gone at this point to realistically think they would do much else
  • No but really.. who actually put time into giving dooku pyjamas yet easy things like stormtrooper fin, stormtrooper iden, 100x Luke skins and easy ports get over looked
  • JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member
    edited March 9
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I would say bandaged Chewbacca, lol.
    The Young Lando skin that LOOKED like pajamas USED TO BE the lamest skin in the game. Bandaged Chewbacca was lazy as all get out, but at least it didn't make the game look more lame than it already did.

Nighty-night Big Boy Dooku is now the lamest skin in the game. Makes every part of the game look that little bit more lame and ridiculous.
  • JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member
    Honestly wish this lot would would forget skins and fix what needs to be fixed.
    The people who do skins are not the same people who do bug fixes.

Honestly, it's better than Dark Ritual.
    ...HOW? Seriously, how is Naptime PJs Dooku better than a ritual garb skin? I don't like Dark Ritual either, but that's just an anesthetic preference. It doesn't make the game look completely stoopid.

No but really.. who actually put time into giving dooku pyjamas yet easy things like stormtrooper fin, stormtrooper iden, 100x Luke skins and easy ports get over looked
    Exactly.
  • Batman20
    2102 posts Member
    I don't know why anyone would waste credits on dooku in pyjamas he will just look ridiculous. I agree about the lack of luke skins I would love old luke, endor luke and bespin luke
  • Psy3d
    883 posts Member
    I'm willing to pay 40k creds for a hooded like palp skin for Dooku. PC has mods but now allowed to use online.
    Honestly wish this lot would would forget skins and fix what needs to be fixed.
    The people who do skins are not the same people who do bug fixes.

Honestly, it's better than Dark Ritual.
    ...HOW? Seriously, how is Naptime PJs Dooku better than a ritual garb skin? I don't like Dark Ritual either, but that's just an anesthetic preference. It doesn't make the game look completely stoopid.

No but really.. who actually put time into giving dooku pyjamas yet easy things like stormtrooper fin, stormtrooper iden, 100x Luke skins and easy ports get over looked
    Exactly.

Dude, I hate them both. Dark Ritual and PJ’s are both lame as can be. I’ll take Dooku w/ hood and call it. They’ll release the Anakin “Clone Armor” skin or whatever the cartoon one is but after that they NEED to focus on a skin package that cover the base heroes.
  • ZmanGames wrote: »

Shrouded:
    1vgk6txh7za5.png
    (Hooded Dooku)

The Count:
    rdcc18zvegy5.png

Tyranus:
    exxnidm2m6co.png

Fallen Jedi:
    Front:
    84qwosy1dbif.png

Back:
    wuazeuh8vc66.png

Omg this post just reminded me how utterly ridiculous animated dooku looks. Should be removed for canon immediately.
  • If nothing else, they should give more skins for Anakin and Obi-Wan from the movies. Also, I watched the prequil trilogy and noticed another skin I haven't seen requested in any other threads, The white cloak with a red undershirt for Yoda. In any case lets just get back to putting in movie skins. Please!