criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Force Abilities need to penetrate lightsaber blocks

With the block spamming and being unable to break them unless your Anakin. Hero and Villian abilities should go through blocks like Rey's mind trick. The only hero I would say that gets to keep his block would be Yoda because if abilities went through his block, his block and presence would be useless. I reckon force abilities should penetrate blocks so the ability can be worthwhile and not just wasted by a spamming block Vader. Only lightsaber abilities like luke's rush, maul's spin and kylo's frenzy etc should have the ability to be blocked because it's a lightsaber, but others should penetrate blocks. The main purpose for blocks is to block lightsaber swings and blaster fire and I think DICE should revamp the lightsaber block to make force abilities more useful.

Replies

• RebelScum13
    57 posts Member
    edited March 10
    But then Vader would be able to Force choke you anytime he wants, and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Same with Kylo Rens Force freeze, and Darth Maul's throw. Think of it like this, not only are they using block to block lightsabers, but they are using a force barrier to block force abilities. That is why you don't see Vader Force choking Luke in ROTJ or Anakin and Obi Wan spamming Force push on each other. You have to time the abilities right on your opponents by waiting for them to "let their guard down" or catch them off guard. Think of it as a "chess match" you wait for your opponent to make a mistake and then boom, you deliver the knockout. And remember Obi Wan used his lightsaber to block Dooku's Force Lighting attack. I like the ablity to block force abilites in this game since it is canon and makes for good gamplay in my opinion. When you realize that you and your opponent aren't able to use your abilites on each other, think of Count Dooku when he said this to Yoda. "It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber." -Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones.
    Hope this helps you understand the need to block force abilities.
  • But then Vader would be able to Force choke you anytime he wants, and you wouldn't be able to get away from it, same with Kylo Rens Force freeze, and Darth Maul's throw.

Welcome to blaster world est. 2017. You should get the opportunity to suffer as aa human pinball like the rest of us.

61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Relmets
    1911 posts Member
    the ledgeplay would be unreal
    [+3748 posts]
  • Disboy
    44 posts Member
    But then Vader would be able to Force choke you anytime he wants, and you wouldn't be able to get away from it, same with Kylo Rens Force freeze, and Darth Maul's throw. Think of it like this, not only are they using block to block lightsabers, but they are using a force barrier to block force abilities. That is why you don't see Vader Force choking Luke in ROTJ or Anakin and Obi Wan spamming Force push on each other. You have to time the abilities right on your opponents by waiting for them to "let their guard down" or catch them off guard. Think of it as a "chess match" you wait for your opponent to make a mistake and then boom, you deliver the knockout. And remember Obi Wan used his lightsaber to block Dooku's Force Lighting attack. I like the ablity to block force abilites in this game since it is canon and makes for good gamplay in my opinion. When you realize that you and your opponent aren't able to use you're abilites on each other, think of Count Dooku when he said this to Yoda. "It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber." -Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones.
    I completely agree, only argument I have is why are troopers able to “roll” away from force abilities, if they themselves don’t hold these powers? Shouldn’t they always be affected since they themselves don’t possess the power of a force barrier to block?
  • Relmets
    1911 posts Member
    Disboy wrote: »
    But then Vader would be able to Force choke you anytime he wants, and you wouldn't be able to get away from it, same with Kylo Rens Force freeze, and Darth Maul's throw. Think of it like this, not only are they using block to block lightsabers, but they are using a force barrier to block force abilities. That is why you don't see Vader Force choking Luke in ROTJ or Anakin and Obi Wan spamming Force push on each other. You have to time the abilities right on your opponents by waiting for them to "let their guard down" or catch them off guard. Think of it as a "chess match" you wait for your opponent to make a mistake and then boom, you deliver the knockout. And remember Obi Wan used his lightsaber to block Dooku's Force Lighting attack. I like the ablity to block force abilites in this game since it is canon and makes for good gamplay in my opinion. When you realize that you and your opponent aren't able to use you're abilites on each other, think of Count Dooku when he said this to Yoda. "It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber." -Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones.
    I completely agree, only argument I have is why are troopers able to “roll” away from force abilities, if they themselves don’t hold these powers? Shouldn’t they always be affected since they themselves don’t possess the power of a force barrier to block?

god forbid saberlords need to time their abilities
    [+3748 posts]
  • JMaster
    2117 posts Member
    It would be nice if they could drain stamina, but not enough that you just spam your abilities to break their block and then slice them up. It'd be nice if each character had just one stamina-affecting Force power, like Kylo's pull, Vader's Choke, etc. But having Force Attacks ignore blocks is the extreme opposite and will be just as bad.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • I completely agree, only argument I have is why are troopers able to “roll” away from force abilities, if they themselves don’t hold these powers? Shouldn’t they always be affected since they themselves don’t possess the power of a force barrier to block? [/quote]

I definitely think that none force users like regular troopers and blaster heroes should be affected by a force ability despite them rolling/dodging. If they are rolling and are still in the area of affect, they should be affected by the ability, since they are not force users, end of story.

• AssaultPlazma
    180 posts Member
    edited March 10
    Or they just need to add a guard break/grab mechanic......
  • They should drain a heck lot more of stamina though
  • Free ragdolling all over the place? Absolutely not.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »

god forbid saberlords need to time their abilities

hey man it's realistic. Just like in the movies when Jedi could get shot in the head 30 times in a row but still live.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • At the very least stagger the blocker so there's some kind of way for everyone to counter block-spamming cowards.